PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: The Debating Game

NoPants
01-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I loved this idea when it was suggested. After the site was created I couldn't resist and had to do some graphics for it!

Updated design:

http://www.thedebatinggame.com/

Original website:

http://www.ronpauldebatinggame.com/

Both sites register to the same place, they just have different designs. I've sent the code for this design to the original author but didn't get a response. He's free to use it if he chooses. I just couldn't help myself. This idea has so much potential.

Remember to play tonight and Jan. 30th.

DIGG: h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Debating_Game_Where_the_other_raise_for_R on (Thanks ThaneHand (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1067062&postcount=22))

jgmaynard
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Sweet dude! Very nice! PM coming.

JM

ClayTrainor
01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Im in!

Something tells me, we're gonna have to pony up quite a bit of cash when Julie Annie starts spitting out 9/11 every 3rd or 4th sentence!

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm registered and I even got a personal reply email! That was a nice touch I might add! :D

break4me
01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Just joined. This should be fun.

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Once we get to like 1000 people or something, can you add a counter?

It'd be nice to know how much is being pledged! :)

jgmaynard
01-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm registered and I even got a personal reply email! That was a nice touch I might add! :D

Thanks, you may be among the last to get a personal TY - I just set up an auto-responder. :)

Yeah, there will be a counter, not live for now, but something. We are about 75 pledges right now.

JM

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 02:33 PM
We should post the link to either site on ALL previous debate clips on youtube. Especially the clip that got edited out of the last debate.

This needs to go viral! It should be bigger than 75 people! This makes it fun to watch the boring ass debates! :D

jgmaynard
01-24-2008, 02:42 PM
it will be bigger - much bigger - remember, this was just a nutty idea a few days ago (and I have been massively, almost in the hospital, inquired all this week and it hurt like *&$% to sit at the computer until yesterday). Give it a chance, tonight will make a nice "test run" for the larger debate on the 30th.

JM

mcgraw_wv
01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Very well done, I like this Designs much much better... no offense to the original... it just cleaner, and looks more marketable... now we need to push this site and market it... which gets more money for Ron, and sweeps virally through the net...

Some how we need to maek a catch phrase that says "Paying Ron for other candidates Paying lip service to you"

hmmm I actually like that...

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Very well done, I like this Designs much much better... no offense to the original... it just cleaner, and looks more marketable... now we need to push this site and market it... which gets more money for Ron, and sweeps virally through the net...

Some how we need to maek a catch phrase that says "Paying Ron for other candidates Paying lip service to you"

That would be for every time they stole Dr Paul's ideas.

This debate game is about pointing out how RIDICULOUS their current sound bites are :D

jgmaynard
01-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, in all fairness, I DO make much better sites when I'm able to sit at the computer without massive pain. :D But I like the new design a whole lot, we're working out some details and a few additions now.

JM

mcgraw_wv
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I understand... Hell when I was in that first thread helping craft the idea... Im a web developer my elf, I just have too much going on and can't dedicate the tim eneeded to make a successful web site..

Bu tI say we take thi snew site and get it out there... make You tube videos... get it to bloggers... especially after we lis the results after tonight...

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 03:41 PM
I understand... Hell when I was in that first thread helping craft the idea... Im a web developer my elf, I just have too much going on and can't dedicate the tim eneeded to make a successful web site..

But I say we take this new site and get it out there... make You tube videos... get it to bloggers... especially after we lis the results after tonight...

I'm at work, otherwise I'd be going on YouTube and pasting the link on every current debate clip that is out there!

Sey.Naci
01-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Very well done, I like this Designs much much better... no offense to the original... it just cleaner, and looks more marketable... Me too.

One error: The word 'amount' is spelled incorrectly as 'ammount'.

jgmaynard
01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Me too.

Wwhat's wwrong wwith tthat? ;)

JM

NoPants
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Me too.

Looks like I did it twwice. Fixxed now.

Thanks.

JimInNY
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Awesome job!

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Looks like I did it twwice. Fixxed now.

Thanks.

It's not loading for me now :confused:

amonasro
01-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Love the music :D

Eponym_mi
01-24-2008, 06:28 PM
There should be a super bonus section related to any "moderator" questions like, "Are you a 9/11 truther?", "Will you run third party?", "Are you electable?", etc..

Thanehand
01-24-2008, 06:35 PM
love the new design.

I added this to DIGG: h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Debating_Game_Where_the_other_raise_for_R on

NoPants
01-24-2008, 07:00 PM
love the new design.

I added this to DIGG: h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Debating_Game_Where_the_other_raise_for_R on

Thanks.

Tranz
01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
bump i'll do it........................................

Bilgefisher
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
bump....way to keep it fun :)

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 07:29 PM

You have a winner there!

Best
Randy

NoPants
01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
You have a winner there!

Best
Randy

I thought this was really clever, "Where the other candidates raise money for Ron Paul"

Great work jgmaynard!

HarbingerOfTruth
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Love the website design. BUMP