PDA

View Full Version : How do we convince people NOT to vote for Bomb Iran McWar?

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Seriously, if these polls are right, Ron Paul is basically coming in 2nd now, but John McCain is moving forward at the same pace, gobbling up all the sheeple like a wolf, not sure what I can do because everytime I mention to someone the other republicans are corrupt they don't believe me and call me an idiot.

MrCobaltBlue
01-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Seriously, if these polls are right, Ron Paul is basically coming in 2nd now, but John McCain is moving forward at the same pace, gobbling up all the sheeple like a wolf, not sure what I can do because everytime I mention to someone the other republicans are corrupt they don't believe me and call me an idiot.

Its really up to Dr. Paul, to ask John McCain how he plans to finance 100 more years in Iraq with the markets doing so poorly. That will score him a lot of points.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 09:43 AM

Just explain to people that the Iranian people really like Americans and they really hate Ahmedinjehad and he will be gone soon anyways.

MooCowzRock
01-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Just explain to people that the Iranian people really like Americans and they really hate Ahmedinjehad and he will be gone soon anyways.

You guys can use me as a poster child!

(I'm Persian...) ;P

bulloncoins
01-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I think he is about to be swift-boated on his POW record. Just hang back a abit....when it starts you will not have to convince anyone.

jake
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
-100 years in Iraq
- Keating Five
- questionable POW record
- Doesn't know the economy
- Possible health concerns
- Pro amnesty

spivey378
01-24-2008, 10:05 AM
paul needs to call mccain out for siding with liberals and not conservative

tax hikes

closed pow file

robert4rp08
01-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it's up to Dr. Paul to challenge McCain tonight. Our man is more than capable of dealing with anything McCain counters with. The media would not be able to ignore it.

Grandson of Liberty
01-24-2008, 10:26 AM
paul needs to call mccain out for siding with liberals and not conservative

tax hikes

closed pow file

I just want to hear him say, "McAmnesty" :D

I'd tread lightly around his war record though, even though I agree the closed file appears shady, don't want to risk looking like you're attacking someone's military service. Let someone else do the dirty work there.

IrishUp
01-24-2008, 10:37 AM
How do we convince people not to vote for McCain?

I think the one issue that keeps much of the GOP base from supporting Ron Paul is the PERCEPTION that the other candidates, particularly McCain, are stronger on defense. We have to change that perception to show that the REALITY is that their foreign policies actually make us more vulnerable at home. I wrote this for dailypaul:

Unfortunately, it's become a us vs. them mentality between Ron Paul and the rest of the GOP. If the goal is to sell, not to argue, we need to diffuse the anger, then ask questions that will get the voter thinking about how Ron Paul is right. Acknowledging that the other candidate may have good intentions can diffuse the anger and make the GOP base more receptive to the message that those intentions actually do more harm than good. Then ask the proverbial, "are you personally, and are we as a country, better off today than 8 years ago?"

Point out that the other candidates may look and sound like they want to protect our interests, but the reality is their policies are putting us at greater risk. Maybe even concede that he believes they truly have a desire to protect the American people, but that their policies in the long run do not serve that desire.
I wish Dr Paul would just say, “Let’s take a step back, look at our foreign policy over the past 20-50 years and ask, is this really serving the interests of the American people?
Is it making us more prosperous? No. It's putting us in debt. It's like running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in charges on your credit card and expecting your grandchildren to pay for it. It's shockingly irresponsible.
Is it securing our liberties? No. In fact, one of the unintended consequences is that we're losing our liberties. As a country, we're not free because we're prosperous. We became prosperous because we were free. The more liberty you lose, the more prosperity you lose.
Is it making us safer? Not according to the CIA. They say our involvement in other countries contributes to the rise in terrorists who want to do us harm.
We're not fighting the Soviet Union any more. So at one time, all those bases around the world might have made sense when we were fighting an actual country with an expansionist foreign policy (notice I said MIGHT HAVE, I don't really believe this, but the base does. It's in the past, so let's move on). But today, we face a different enemy (acknowledge their fear, even if it's unfounded. Most fears are.) and we need a different strategy. The way the politicians are fighting this war is leaving us vulnerable at home--financially and militarially--while it's killing and maiming the brave men and women on the front lines.
So the security that the previous generation fought so hard for is being eroded and squandered every day we continue this outdated strategy. That's why my campaign gets more donations from the military than any other GOP candidate. Unlike the bureaucrats and paper pushers in Washington, the people who are on the ground--the officers and enlisted--know there needs to be a change in strategy, and that's why they're supporting my campaign.

Alawn
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
I know a lot of people that will never forgive him for the amnesty thing. Republicans tend to hate that.

IrishUp
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Also--
Sen. McCain has admitted to the WSJ Editorial Board that he "doesn't understand economics." As the country faces a real and deep economic crisis, do we really want a president who doesn't even understand the basics of the subject? OR do we want a president who has studied and lectured on economics and has a constitutionally-based, truly free market solution to the problems faced by the people of our country: mounting debt, depreciating dollar and rising unemployment?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/21/short-on-economic-underst_n_82529.html