PDA

View Full Version : Mass. supporters need our help = $$$

Sematary
01-24-2008, 09:10 AM
A Few Reminders and a Brief Assessment on Where We Stand Massachusetts:

The Globe Ad fundraising is inching upwards very slowly.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/6972240/
Unless there is major infusion of support there will be no ad. This is a Big Mistake. 550,000 readers of all political stripes (including every conservative in my family) from across the state read the paper especially on Sunday.

The direct mail has received no support.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/7090980/
Another big mistake. Bigger than no ad. The biggest. Direct mail is a US government subsidized canvass business. For .22 cents each a piece of campaign literature is delivered to targeted registered voters. Every successful political campaign makes use of this federal subsidy (yes, even Ron Paul uses it - just looks likely it won't happen here in Massachusetts). Direct mail makes THE difference in elections.

'Precinct Leaders' (PL) is the best thing to come down the pike since the campaign began and the lack of knowledge and consequent support for it from too many RP supporters is dismaying. PL came very late in the came but there is still time to sign up and use it at the local level to get voters out on election day. That is our purpose. To get people to vote for Ron Paul. Don't drop the ball at the last moment. If you have done nothing else all year or if you have done a lot for the campaign please canvass on Feb. 2 and 3 in your local precinct. Send your canvass precinct along to me in the hope that we can do at least a minmal direct mailing.

Some RP supporters have already conceeded the primary election and are focusing on the caucuses. I support every action that will help Ron Paul get to the White House but I do not support making the caucuses the overrriding goal at this critical moment in the campaign. I think this is another Big Mistake. Resources must be spent on getting voters out on Feb. 5. Nothing else matters. Winning a few under- cover Ron Paul delegates as has been suggested will not amount to a row of beans in the campaigns should there be life after Feb.5 or, especially, in the National Conventions. To plan otherwise is very counterproductive.

The Republican convention winner needs some 750 delegates to be the Party Nominee. They will not be won by any under-the-radar- strategy but need to be won ( and should be won ) through the popular primary vote. And why not? Paul's program is the best of the bunch and so long as the campaign and we get the message out he has a shot.

In getting the message out the Campaign is fallen flat. Whatever the reason that is the reality. In a conference call earlier this week with the National Campaign they indicated an 'action plan' for every state would be produced. In this time when the FEB 5 primaries are fast approaching and every day matter therre has been silence . No news. Attempts to elicit information has yielded nothing. It's clear that we can not depend on National to do what needs to be done in Massachusetts this final week before the Primary.

So, unless we do the things needed ourselves to get Ron Paul'snameout front and center here in this state it is likely Ron Paul will win no delgates to the National Convention.

Support the direct mail and /or Globe ad if you can but if you do nothing else support the Precinct Leader by joining and encouraging everyone else you know to join.

Corydoras
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Bump