PDA

View Full Version : Blimp needs some Hot Air

Chad_Underdonk
01-24-2008, 08:32 AM
A message from the blimp site:

The blimp is paid for to fly over the MSNBC debate in Boca Raton on Thursday night and needs to reach the $215,000 mark to keep it in the air until February 5th which is Super Tuesday, if it does not reach this goal it will be returning back to Elizabeth City on Friday the 25th - Your sponsorship is needed urgently to keep the blimp afloat through Super Tuesday!!

www.ronpaulblimp.com

They raised over 60k last week on one day and kept flying even though they were about 8k short. They need another $120,000ish to keep it up through Super Tuesday.

Spread the word far and wide, we need to keep the blimp in the air.

nodope0695
01-24-2008, 08:36 AM
The blimp needs hot air? Direct them to Giuliani, McCain, Romney, or Huckabee...lol:D

itshappening
01-24-2008, 08:36 AM
great to see they have it flying over Boca Raton, they're very well organized put it that way!

UtahApocalypse
01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Why have the never just told the final goal?? seams every week they come up with.... "We need this much, by this day" and then the goal is reached... and then a new goal the next week. What is the FINAL cost?

itshappening
01-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Why have the never just told the final goal?? seams every week they come up with.... "We need this much, by this day" and then the goal is reached... and then a new goal the next week. What is the FINAL cost?

the blimp costs like 400k a month, it looks like the vendor is doing it on a pay as you go basis, i.e we raised enough for a week so they'll keep going until then

nodope0695
01-24-2008, 08:43 AM

I think they're paying as they go. Its costs like $300K per month or some crazy amount. I saw a video where Trevor said they're gonna keep going as long as people keep sending money to support it.

Mental Dribble
01-24-2008, 08:44 AM

You haven't been paying attention then.

It takes roughly 400k to stay aloft for a full month.

They put out mile stones to help encourage people to donate.

You never shoot for 100 lbs, you work towards 5 here, 5 there.

Baby steps add up.

UtahApocalypse
01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
But when will the call it quits? what is the plan?

szczebrzeszyn
01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
But when will the call it quits? what is the plan?

The plan is to fly as long as possible. I thought it was obvious.

Coola
01-24-2008, 08:51 AM
So where are those billionaires now lol.

RobS
01-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Personally I'd like to see it fly through the 5th and then have it stop. It has lost its novelty, MSM isn't going to cover it anymore.