PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paulism: Intellectual Confusion

Bradley in DC
08-01-2007, 07:33 AM
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/26958.html

dmitchell
08-01-2007, 07:37 AM
I keep trying to read this piece so I can refute it on my blog, but it is so bad that reading it is literally painful.

constituent
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
easy, he limits his arguement.... don't allow him to frame the issue when he says..

So, sir, which is it? Is it our opposition to Islamists which earns their wrath, or our assistance to them? I’ll let you have one, but you’re not getting both. This incompatibility raises the corollary question:

..... you see, right there..

Foreign intervention is the problem, both for and against. willful ignorance is what has gotten our country into this (these many) mess. point out the clear flaw in his argument... that being his need to completely overlook and ignore what dr. paul is saying so that he may construct his worthless rant out of thin air...

Truthiness at best...

where do they find these people?

constituent
08-03-2007, 06:58 PM
just make sure you use the word "opine" in there somewhere. that one really gets 'em!

hard@work
08-03-2007, 07:06 PM
That was hardly worth the read. And I enjoy well written pieces that conflict with my personal views, a lot. That was just delusional garbly gook I could have obtained by watching television.

I just have to suspect that's his teacher.

jmarinara
08-06-2007, 02:35 PM
He gives himself away by saying that he didn't quote Paul out of context, but cuts off his quote mid-sentence using the " . . . "

Paul said they were upset we were over there and then said they were delighted, he went on that they were delighted so that they could more easily kill us.

So in general they're upset about us being over there, but specifically, if they have to fight us anyway, they'd rather we come to their door and do it than have make the dangerous journey to our homeland and fight us here.

Look I know I'm stating the obvious here, but I just think it needs to be pointed out.