PDA

View Full Version : McCain beat Paul?

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Then what was all the posts about Ron Paul getting the most delegates about?

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Legitimate question. Last I heard, a coalition that claimed to represent not just McCain, but the other three as well beat Paul--making Paul the candidate who won. Are they trying to disenfranchise Huckabee, Romney and 9iu11iani voters, or are they trying to run a committee for president?

There's no provision in the Constitution for that!

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Legitimate question. Last I heard, a coalition that claimed to represent not just McCain, but the other three as well beat Paul--making Paul the candidate who won. Are they trying to disenfranchise Huckabee, Romney and 9iu11iani voters, or are they trying to run a committee for president?

There's no provision in the Constitution for that!

So you are saying they are all ganging up on Paul ?

szczebrzeszyn
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Legitimate question.

Answered billion times in million threads. How many more we need?

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 08:07 AM
if someone where a troll I'd assume joe due to his post count and his need to be negative.

People stop calling people trolls, not everyone is up to date one very little detail, geez.

szczebrzeszyn
01-24-2008, 08:09 AM
if someone where a troll I'd assume joe due to his post count and his need to be negative.

yes, he has some problem with that... (calling people trolls)

amy31416
01-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Good god. If this guy IS a troll, he's far more polite than the group of you yelling TROLL at him. If you really believe that, fine, believe what you want.

If you don't like his questions, either don't answer or answer in a dignified way. These are PUBLIC boards, behave yourself like someone is watching, because a lot of people are.

Think of it this way, if a troll comes here, asks some questions with the intent to rile people up, you play into his or her hands when you act like a bunch of 12 year olds with name-calling, etc. I'm not worried if there are trolls here, of course there are, but couldn't you try to see it as an opportunity to actually educate someone on your candidate?

That candidate is Ron Paul if you don't remember.

All trolls who come here should know that they are taking a major risk in becoming converted to this campaign.

You name-callers are either ruining that opportunity or alienating actual Ron Paul supporters.

Who's really the troll here?

Gimme Some Truth
01-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Then what was all the posts about Ron Paul getting the most delegates about?

At the moment, McCain is in the lead(not counting the "pro-life/pro-family" slate). However , there are hundreds of Provisional Ballots yet to be counted (ballots from people who weren't on the voter roll , but say they registered, to vote, before the deadline) These Provisional balloted people are being checked up upon to make sure they registered before the deadline. The ones that did will be added to the overall count. It is understood that we have alot of votes in these provisional ballots.

speciallyblend
01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
good question and forget the others attacking, pretty sad,keep up the great work ,live free or die;)

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 08:36 AM
However, the people who cast provisional ballots have to have registered Republican by Nov. 30th to be counted in this vote.

I am not sure, however, that the pro life/pro family thing and the McCain votes are as different as the Louisiana G.O.P. makes them sound. If I read the posts correctly yesterday, there were three ballots available besides "uncommitted"--the vague things (the Reagans were the only photo and there was no candidate named), Paul and Romney. It looks from what I understand as though McCain, Huckabee and Giuliani voters were given the same ballot and all (or most) of these votes were simply given to McCain.

If I'm right about this, there's some question in my mind if the voters knew they were voting for McCain--just that they weren't voting for Paul or Romney.

I actually slept last night, and would be interested in an update, please. Have I got it right?

It sounds to me like people were voting for a coalition for president. I don't recall a provision in the Constitution for swearing in a committee!

torchbearer
01-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Cafferty needs to address this farce. Someone email him the story about how many presidential candidates does it take to stop Ron Paul?

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Where are the hard working, dedicated cajuns I saw on here yesterday? Help us out, guys--yesterday was kind of a whirl. Have I got it right? Just how many different ballots were available? Did any of them actually have McCain's name on them?

Mortikhi
01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Call the LAGOP if you want answers otherwise stop posting this crap you troll
All this guy does is go around calling people troll.

He needs to go. Worthless member.

szczebrzeszyn
01-24-2008, 08:51 AM
All this guy does is go around calling people troll.

He needs to go. Worthless member.

Report his posts... I've already done that.

scooter
01-24-2008, 08:53 AM
The people who go around calling other members trolls for making an okay post like this are the real trolls.

So what if it's been asked a few times. Stuff flies off the main page around here.

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I reviewed a thread and saw that the pro-life/pro-family thing was set up ostensibly to allow people a way to vote for Thompson unless he dropped out. Apparently, the only way to know how many delegates McCain/Huckabee/911 got is to ask their campaigns, and people voted for a coalition, not a candidate unless they voted for Paul or Romney.

If our people who registered in November get counted and not disenfranchised (and we seem to have damned smart, mighty diligent people on the ground), we could pull out an outright win and make this "whose delegates are they really?" group meaningless.

If I'm reading it wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

szczebrzeszyn
01-24-2008, 09:24 AM
If our people who registered in November get counted and not disenfranchised (and we seem to have damned smart, mighty diligent people on the ground), we could pull out an outright win and make this "whose delegates are they really?" group meaningless.

Yes, as of now, everything is possible. We just need to wait and see.