PDA

View Full Version : Your grandchildren are not going to believe

Ron Galt
01-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Found this on another forum, hope it's not true... chilling.

An american serviceman stationed in Germany is talking to an old german man and the subject turns to the upcoming US elections. The old german man says "secret prisons, secret warrants, national ID cards, torture... Your grandchildren are not going to believe you when you tell them "we didn't know". Our grandchildren did not believe us either."

I guess if there could be a Ron Paul poster that might walk people up, it would be a pre-war German poster of smiling germans citizens, arm outstretched in the Nazi salute with these worlds printed on the bottom...

"Your grandchildren are not going to believe you when you tell them "we didn't know". Our grandchildren did not believe us either." - Ron Paul 2008.

bucfish
01-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Nice one.

Holly
01-24-2008, 07:16 AM
And yet this very thing is called 'conspiracy' in a derisive manner by so many. I can't figure out if it's emotional denial that the 'homeland' would never betray its citizens or if people really just don't want to know.

I've noticed there seems to be a vast difference in perceptions that I can't quite understand. For example, 9/11 truthers in the U.S. appear to be considered nutcases. However, here in Canada when I ask people if they think the government was in some way complicit it generally gets a nod of agreement and discussion is more like a person is a nutcase if they believe otherwise.

But as for what you've written...it's the old story about history repeating itself. Like so many others I keep asking 'when are people going to wake up?'. Thankfully, more are doing so everyday but are there enough? Why aren't Americans...or Canadians for that matter....furious?

I just read last evening on impeachbush.org that the Washington Mall may soon be closed to protest marches. Somehow that has horrified me as much as anything. It's long been the place where Americans can group together to speak out their concerns and that may be over soon.

I've gone from saying, 'this can't be happening' to "dear God, it's really happening.'

Minuteman2008
01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
The ironic thing is that it was Woodrow Wilson's neo-liberal foreign interventionism which led to the rise of Nazi Germany. And we have Wilsonian interventionists in office with Bush and McCain.

constituent
01-24-2008, 10:11 AM
The ironic thing is that it was Woodrow Wilson's neo-liberal foreign interventionism which led to the rise of Nazi Germany. And we have Wilsonian interventionists in office with Bush and McCain.

not to mention prescott bush and union bank.

werdd
01-24-2008, 10:25 AM
entirely beleivable, i dont beleive for a minute every german citizen knew the holocaust was going on.

Sauron
01-24-2008, 10:34 AM
entirely beleivable, i dont beleive for a minute every german citizen knew the holocaust was going on.

However today it is well known in Germany that one can go to prison for even talking or writing about evidence of what really happened back then if the official story is in any way discredited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_revisionism_%28negationism%29#Holocaust _denial