PDA

View Full Version : Paul economic plan due today?

Johnnybags
01-24-2008, 06:53 AM
I cannot wait, its about time. I hope a freeze or cut in Federal spending is step 1.

Ron Paul to Unveil Comprehensive Economic Revitalization Plan

ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thursday, January 24th, Republican presidential candidate and ranking member of the House Committee on Financial Services Ron Paul will unveil a comprehensive economic reform package. The four-pronged plan is designed to stem the current economic slide and address the unsound governmental policies that are the harming the national economy.

“Most Americans are keenly aware that the economy is going in the wrong direction, and fortunately Ron Paul has the answer,” said campaign spokesman Jesse Benton. “Dr. Paul has been talking about these issues for decades and he is a leading expert in the area of monetary policy.”

The comprehensive economic revitalization plan will be available online Thursday, January 24th at: www.RonPaul2008.com

WilliamC
01-24-2008, 06:54 AM
I like this news...

Good timing too!

jk8583
01-24-2008, 07:03 AM
For some reason I got a bad feeling about this. I was just about to post about this when I got on and saw this thread. this is my thoughts on it. As curious as I am about his plans, and excited too because he's one of the very few people i would have confidence in to come up with a plan, I'm worried too. How many times has Dr Paul said something and gotten no publicity on it, then some other candidate steals it and its all over the news. I got a bad feeling somebody is going to steal it or come up with a copycat plan and claim it as there own, and be praised with a plan to save the country. what can we do to make sure it doesnt happen? screenshots with the date? not sure how effective that will be though, if any. anyone else a little worried someone else will somehow get credit for his plan?

JMO
01-24-2008, 07:04 AM
I am excited to hear the plan. What scares me is most people are idiots and they will be looking for things like whats in it for me. Most likely Ron Paul plan will be people having to tighten the belt buckle. Idiots won't realize its too late until its too late.

idiom
01-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Shouldn't he save it for the debate?

MRoCkEd
01-24-2008, 07:09 AM
/\ they probably will skip him for the economy question and ask him about the 9/11 truthers

and hey, think of it this way:
if another candidate steals his plan, doesn't that mean "he's catching on"

Mental Dribble
01-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Shouldn't he save it for the debate?

A debate is not th best time to release something like this. Its best done at a press conference

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Didn't he announce this on fox yesterday

idiom
01-24-2008, 07:12 AM
A debate is not th best time to release something like this. Its best done at a press conference

Yes, but his press conferences don't exist.

It needs to be on something live.

Wyurm
01-24-2008, 07:15 AM

Yep. Sort of like how Bernake does it only without the .75 rate cut.

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 07:23 AM
we're on the upswing this week, I feel strangely positive

voytechs
01-24-2008, 07:32 AM
For some reason I got a bad feeling about this. I was just about to post about this when I got on and saw this thread. this is my thoughts on it. As curious as I am about his plans, and excited too because he's one of the very few people i would have confidence in to come up with a plan, I'm worried too. How many times has Dr Paul said something and gotten no publicity on it, then some other candidate steals it and its all over the news. I got a bad feeling somebody is going to steal it or come up with a copycat plan and claim it as there own, and be praised with a plan to save the country. what can we do to make sure it doesnt happen? screenshots with the date? not sure how effective that will be though, if any. anyone else a little worried someone else will somehow get credit for his plan?

I doubt it. No other candidate will require to federal reserve to stop printing money and then eventually shut itself down.

icon124
01-24-2008, 08:03 AM
yes, can't wait to hear it!

tommyzDad
01-24-2008, 08:12 AM
we're on the upswing this week, I feel strangely positive

That's the beer. :p

shadowhooch
01-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Yes, this is the kind of leadership people are looking for from Ron Paul. He often goes into philosophical solutions. It's good to have something concrete on paper. I can't wait to see "what Ron Paul will do as President."

drain
01-24-2008, 08:30 AM
yes it was pretty much announced on fox yesterday. most of it dealt with removing regulations and easing the ability to get capital. no check from the gov like the others.

PatriotOne
01-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Great! Everyone likes a man with a plan. Hopefully he will get some major face time on the financial programs to talk about it.

I'd like to see him do this for a few other areas also...like how to solve the illegal alien problem for instance...Lou Dobbs might be compelled to give him a whole show to discuss it.

PatriotOne
01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, this is the kind of leadership people are looking for from Ron Paul. He often goes into philosophical solutions. It's good to have something concrete on paper.

I agree. While I appreciate the philosophical discussions, not everyone takes the time (or even have the time) to reason them out. Some people just have time for the nuts and bolts.

GodOfThunder
01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I agree. While I appreciate the philosophical discussions, not everyone takes the time to reason them out. Some people just have time for the nuts and bolts.

Most people don't even pay attention to the nuts and bolts, they just want a quick talking point and a smile.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-24-2008, 09:09 AM
His plan will make sense. Nobody will go for it.

In other news, everyone in my family is pretty excited about getting their rebate checks. While they talk about what they are going to spend their money on, I bang my head against the wall.

unconsious767
01-24-2008, 09:15 AM
That's the beer. :p

It's a mother beautiful buzz!@