PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levine offers to debate Ron Paul on the radio

Seadeus
05-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Yesterday Mark Levine offered to interview/debate any candidate on his radio show, including Ron Paul. He described Ron Paul as the only one he likes less than John McCain. I hope Ron Paul takes him up on it.

Gee
05-23-2007, 03:15 AM
I'd be wary to debate any radio DJ. Even in the best case, they control the microphone, and they control who calls in. I've never seen one who allowed any guest he disagrees with to look credible.

romelll
05-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Levine is the attack dog for Hannity. He uses a very brazen (and I consider rude) Yankee approach. In other words, he would not be respectful of the Dr. and try his hardest to try to paint him as a weirdo. I would not go close to those 2 "yankees".

People like that are tearing the GPP party apart. Their rude tactics are a tune off for Ladies and Gentlemen and has no place in a civil conversation.

MsDoodahs
05-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Yeah, I don't think the Levine thing is a good venue. He, like Vannity, prides himself on his ability to be a complete asshole and "anti-gentleman."

Not worth the time.

Bryan
05-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I wonder if Mark would agree to a fair format where they both had equal say and he wasn't in charge of the mute button. This isn't an interview, it's a debate. I somehow doubt it, the radio guys live and die by their ability to control the conversation. Then again, he'd could just spin, spin, spin later.

So Mark's two least favorite are the only ones against torture.

Kandilynn
05-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Ron Paul is getting enough good press that he no longer needs to take whatever he can get. I think his campaign should now pick shows that will get the most exposure and are the most fair.

Sir VotesALot
05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
He should definitely pass on this. Levine couldn't care less about discussing any real issues and even if he were this still wouldn't even come close to being a "debate" since Ron would destroy him on every topic.

I can just hear Ron Paul talking about all the clear evidence there is of our foreign policy stirring up hatred against us and Levine hitting back by playing a sound byte of Giuliani saying "That's really an extraordinary statement" followed by an Austin Powers "Yeah baby, yeah!" and then cutting Ron's mic. DJs are the scourge of the broadcasting industry.

Bryan
05-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I was thinking about this more. I've listen to a good amount of talk radio over the last number of years- I can't remember one time the host was wrong- or so it was said. Yeah, he should pass, there's really no point in debating anyone who has their own media program.

amonasro
05-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Pass. Levine plays on the local station here and I cannot stand listening to him. At least Hannity has a boyish likability factor and distinctive radio voice... Levine has an obnoxious personality and a nasal voice that grinds my nerves. Anyone that doesn't have blind allegiance to the military gets immediately put down, yelled at, and booted. Hannity calls him "the great one" and I have no idea why.

NMCB3
05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Pass. Levine plays on the local station here and I cannot stand listening to him. At least Hannity has a boyish likability factor and distinctive radio voice... Levine has an obnoxious personality and a nasal voice that grinds my nerves. Anyone that doesn't have blind allegiance to the military gets immediately put down, yelled at, and booted. Hannity calls him "the great one" and I have no idea why. I agree 100% Levine is the worst neocon radio host I`ve heard to date. The reason he dislikes RP so much is because Ron is all about freedom while Levine and his neocon buddies are all about authoritarianism. The two philosophy's mix together about as well as oil and water.

romelll
05-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Yep, pass on this.

Oh and if that Ben kid asks, Dr. Paul should not waste his time with that weasily kid (who might I add seems to be the nobody trying to make a name for himself.)

"I support the NY Yankees but I don't wear their uniform."

So the kid compares our troops fighting for life and death to a kids game?

Sorry, that was taken from the video of him vs. Randi Rhodes (who I also can't stand.)

billv
05-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Levine is the attack dog for Hannity. He uses a very brazen (and I consider rude) Yankee approach. In other words, he would not be respectful of the Dr. and try his hardest to try to paint him as a weirdo. I would not go close to those 2 "yankees".

People like that are tearing the GPP party apart. Their rude tactics are a tune off for Ladies and Gentlemen and has no place in a civil conversation.

Mark Levin is seriously a moron and I try to be fair about this. All I've ever seen him do to Hannity guests are demean then and call them names. I'm sick of such "debate". It's total BS.

ButchHowdy
05-23-2007, 08:59 PM
"Get off the phone you big dork!!"

Shmuel Spade
05-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Mark Levin is seriously a moron and I try to be fair about this. All I've ever seen him do to Hannity guests are demean then and call them names. I'm sick of such "debate". It's total BS.

You're the only one who's spelled his name right :cool:

Shmuel Spade
05-24-2007, 04:01 AM
"Get off the phone you big dork!!"

It's actually dope, but close enough. I used to really enjoy listening to Mark Levin's show when I was a war supporter, but now I can't listen to Rush, Hannity, or Levin for extended periods of time.

ButchHowdy
05-24-2007, 06:13 AM
I know what you mean. Heck, I supported Bush and the AM bandits through the 2004 election but something eventually 'clicked' and I found myself disagreeing with their positions.

A similar 'about-face' occured to me in 2000 during my personal "Road to Damascus Experience"

Shmuel Spade
05-24-2007, 03:03 PM
I know what you mean. Heck, I supported Bush and the AM bandits through the 2004 election but something eventually 'clicked' and I found myself disagreeing with their positions.

A similar 'about-face' occured to me in 2000 during my personal "Road to Damascus Experience"

I wonder if this is a common experience. For some reason even when I was still a "Bushbot" I more and more often found reasons to turn off the radio and miss the shows. I think subconsciously I had worked out the truth for myself, even before I could admit it to myself consciously.

slantedview
05-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't do it. As much as Ron has nothing to worry about, it's not a controlled atmosphere. Besides, you can't debate every bozo who comes along.