PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara, CA Ron Paul TV ad by Frankdogg

ASayre
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
We're trying to raise money to air one of Frankdogg's ads in Santa Barbara, CA (in the 23rd congressional district)

All help would be appreciated! Santa Barbara county was once 'Reagan's County', and the USS Ronald Reagan just recently stopped by (and we went though atleast a thousand veteran slimjims!)

Our ads will be purchased from February fourth going backwards the more we raise. For just a couple of dollars, we can circumvent the media blackout, and let people know just who Ron Paul is!

http://santabarbara.chipin.com/santa-barbara-ron-paul-ads-final

Anything you can chip-in will be a big help! If you're maxed out to the campaign, you can still donate to this!

We will be running this Ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mMTa79Uzc

Here are the rates for the Santa Barbara Area:
http://asayre.com/sbrates.ppt

We want to try and run this ad on Fox Evenings, CNBC Mornings, and various times on golf and history channel funding permitting.

These will go through the Restore Our American Rights PAC. Or R.O.A.R. for short.

If you would like to call me on the phone, please call 805 705 9667

-Andre Sayre
Organizer of the Santa Barbara Ron Paul Meetup (#264)

BreakYourChains
01-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Bump

LandonCook
01-24-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm maxed out with money... I think i''m going to post my bank statment and show just how much I can't donate anymore.

I was told by someone that I should take a loan for paul but that went against my (no debt/no slavery) values...

ASayre
01-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm maxed out with money... I think i''m going to post my bank statment and show just how much I can't donate anymore.

I was told by someone that I should take a loan for paul but that went against my (no debt/no slavery) values...

Noone should go in debt for Dr. Paul - that would be against everything the good doctor stands for. But if there's other's out there who are wethering the financial markets a bit better...

Santa Barbara could use your help!

JimInNY
01-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm tapped at the moment. But I can afford to bump this. :)

Iowa4Paul
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
It would be nice if we could get this add all over the state.

fuzzybekool
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
bump

-lotus-
01-24-2008, 11:03 AM
if i could, i would cash in some of my 401k to help out but cant touch it yet =(

frankdogg
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
bump for the deadline approaching!

ASayre
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Just so everyone knows what we've been doing in SB, (and to show that these ads would really help supplement our efforts!), here's a recap:

Last Sat: Farmers Market, 7:30 to 11:30. The only republican table there, registered numbers of people, gave out plenty of stickers/buttons/signs.

11:30 to 1:30:
Santa Barbara Republican Club monthly Luncheon, gave a short speech to about 50 Hard-core republicans about Dr. Paul, talking about how he's the only one who can save Social security, his affiliation with Reagan, etc.

The majority of them got and received the 12-page Ron Paul booklet that's available on the store.

Nearly had a nervous breakdown during/before/after the speech.

2:00 to 4:00:
Canvassing, getting some others started on canvassing.

Sunday:
12 to 4: A table on State St, registering a couple dozen people, getting the word out, a lot more people this time saying they liked Ron Paul, and many many signs passed out.

7 to 9: Sign'd a major road with many Ron Paul signs.

Tuesday:
8pm: College republican club. They know of Dr. Paul, but they were for the most part really hostile, except for one fellow in the UCSB RP Group. Didn't accomplish too much, other than bringing down a McCain campaign speaker, who really dug himself into a hole. (Kosovo, DoE, polls, etc)

(Oh, and the Saturday before the above saturday, we gave out over a thousand Veteran slimjims to the troops and vets here for the USS Ronald Reagan, 750 constitution fliers to many of the other people, and had a great response!)

All the while, many of our members out canvassing on their own! (Dozen or so Precinct leaders in the SB/Goleta area)

We're doing a lot of work here in Santa Barbara, and we could really use your help funding this TV Ad!

ASayre
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Help us win the 23rd district's delegates!

ASayre
01-25-2008, 11:51 AM
With Sen. McClintock leaning towards Ron Paul, this could make a huge difference in Santa Barbara!

We're in McClintock's Senate District - But a possible endorsement won't help if people don't see Dr. Paul's name out there!

Help us get this ad in the air!

Primbs
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Has anyone contacted former republican Congressman Lagomarsino?

He was in at the same time as Barry Goldwater Jr. and probably next to his congressional district.

Edward
01-25-2008, 12:35 PM
For those of you who have forgotten who frankdogg is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

Yom
01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
bump. Please donate if you have money.

affa
01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
bump

withallmyheart
01-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Andre,
This document would be good for the Farmers Market table.
http://files.meetup.com/497390/Dixie%20Republican%20Forum%20speech%2C%2015-Jan-08.pdf
I emailed the document to Staples for printing (b/w). If you order through their website you get a 10% discount.
Good luck.

cyrax
01-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Gratz on reaching the goal. Hope you have continued success in your outreaches.

ASayre
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Gratz on reaching the goal. Hope you have continued success in your outreaches.

It's a 'timed' chip-in. There's no monetary goal specifically because we havew a time deadline to get the funds to buy the ad.

We will run as many ads we can with the funds, but we still need more to make it more effective to have it shown more times on more channels.

Thanks,
Andre

Soccrmastr
01-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Frankdogg's ads own. good luck with this guys.

ASayre
01-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks everyone! We've raised 446 dollars -> We'll be planning the Ad buys now.

If you'd still like to chip in, please send me a PM!

ASayre
01-25-2008, 04:51 PM
We've got an extension from COX Media til monday!

http://santabarbara.chipin.com/santa-barbara-ron-paul-ads-final

We could use your help!

ASayre
01-25-2008, 05:13 PM
For Liberty!

ASayre
01-25-2008, 08:02 PM
For only $20, you too can save some TV Viewer from making the wrong choice. Think of the children of Santa Barbara!

ASayre
01-25-2008, 11:10 PM
From the comments:

Let's go SB!! We can do better. Just added my $200. Someone match me. Even $5 will help out. --Bill

phree
01-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Good ad.

Myerz
01-25-2008, 11:17 PM
FrankDogg should be making the commercials for the campaign. Way more effective and modern.

Myerz
01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
We need a Media Money-bomb for things like this.... have one site with all the chip-ins and just have at it! Like a chip-in buffet. I know Ron needs money too, I guess this could be for the supporters that have maxed out....???

thegr8drronpaul
01-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Just donated :) I went to UCSB, so I feel a bit tied to this one. Good luck!

ASayre
01-26-2008, 12:33 AM

Go Gauchos!

(And many thanks for the donation!)

Now, who else out there wants to join in? :D

Fields
01-26-2008, 12:40 AM

IV is so dirty, I hate that place.

jake
01-26-2008, 12:41 AM
We need a Media Money-bomb for things like this.... have one site with all the chip-ins and just have at it! Like a chip-in buffet. I know Ron needs money too, I guess this could be for the supporters that have maxed out....???

this idea has been brought up many times - someone just has to step up and get it done. See the Hucks Army thread for some discussion on the advantages of a "grassroots hub" website..

ASayre
01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Bump for the weekend crowd!

You've all heard of the Ron Paul Limo and the Ron Paul Blimp, well, Santa Barbara has the Ron Paul Bike.

That's right. a Bicycle, with a Lagre 2x4 sign on the bike, on the same plane as the frame.

Support Santa Barbara, and the Ron Paul bike! Chipin today!