PDA

View Full Version : Stupid College Republicans

AggieforPaul
01-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Aggies for Paul chalked "google Ron Paul" and "Ron Paul 08" all over the campus, and the college Republicans went through last night and added addendums so that the chalk said "Ron Paul eats babies" and "Ron Paul walks on the grass" (You'd have to go here to get this one)

Thing is, our numbers are getting strong. If this were almost any other school we'd have enough to take over the college republicans, but our college republican chapter is the biggest in the country. (A lot of people just buy the t-shirt tho; in terms of activity and organization, we have them beat by a mile).

Is it better for Ron Paul groups to form off separately, or should we all be trying to invade college republican chapters and elect Ron Paul Republicans?

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Aggies for Paul chalked "google Ron Paul" and "Ron Paul 08" all over the campus, and the college Republicans went through last night and added addendums so that the chalk said "Ron Paul eats babies" and "Ron Paul walks on the grass" (You'd have to go here to get this one)

Thing is, our numbers are getting strong. If this were almost any other school we'd have enough to take over the college republicans, but our college republican chapter is the biggest in the country. (A lot of people just buy the t-shirt tho; in terms of activity and organization, we have them beat by a mile).

Is it better for Ron Paul groups to form off separately, or should we all be trying to invade college republican chapters and elect Ron Paul Republicans?

Invade and conquer. However, expect stiff resistance. Find out the "rules" ahead of time and anticipate ballot box stuffing.

Cali4RonPaul
And how do you know it was the college republicans?

AggieforPaul
And how do you know it was the college republicans?

Because they put it on facebook and bragged about it.

AggieforPaul
01-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Invade and conquer. However, expect stiff resistance. Find out the "rules" ahead of time and anticipate ballot box stuffing.

I wonder if they have a rule that their president has to have previously held an executive position? It'd be great if we could just all waltz in and get behind our guy, and put him in as president.

spacebetween
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
hahaha Ron Paul walked on the grass.

AggieforPaul
01-24-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm hoping it will backfire on them.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v173/76/65/8370932/n8370932_44532004_6777.jpg

That one says "Ron Paul walks on the grass". This is a reference to the grass outside of our Memorial Student Center. The building is a tribute to all fallen aggie veterans, and we never walk on the grass as a tribute.

Taking that tradition and using it for political purposes is pretty inappropriate, especially when you're inferring that a man who served honorably in the military himself would disrespect this tradition. I'm going to encourage all our guys to write the paper's mail call and complain.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Challenge them to a rumble on the football field.

ConstitutionGal
01-24-2008, 12:05 AM
hahaha Ron Paul walked on the grass.

Well that's good to know...most folks have accused us of thinking that he walks on WATER! :eek::D

ASayre
01-24-2008, 12:06 AM
The college republicans at UCSB are a bunch of Neocons, completely unconvertible & hostile. Thankfully, the UCSB Ron Paul group is way more active, and it gave me a chance to grill a McCain spokesperson on what McCain said and didn't say.

That person from McCain's campaign actually said that the CIA is conspiring against Bush and that Iran is still developing nukes and the top brass at the CIA are against Bush & McCain.

He also said that McCain supported the Kosovo acts when I brought that up, and that we shoudln't work on eliminating the DoE as it's 'too radical'.

Some people are scary.

AggieforPaul
Challenge them to a rumble on the football field.

How about a trivia game based on the Constitution? I know we could take them in that :D

r3volution1776
You need help getting them back, I'm in houston and I was famous in college for pranks, did something similar myself....

Some sorority girls painted their names and their class slogan on a rock, they were pledging, and they went to wake up their older sisters to show them, but meanwhile we painted the rock black, and then went and blasted paint it black out of our windows! good stuff

but seriously now, you want to get them back?

BreakYourChains
01-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Well, to be honest, someone defaced the school grounds in the first place by chalking. It was an easy target to add on to the message. You have to find a better way to post Ron Paul stuff. Then, if they deface it, they will have to pay the consequences. I know, chalking is not that bad, but it depends on the school rules. Just think about Ron Paul. Would he do this? We all have to remember we represent Ron Paul, and we should honor him instead of giving someone ammunition to use against him in any way.

Yes, infiltrate the group. Don't lie. But go and learn. If we lie and cheat, it kind of defeats the purpose of what we are trying to accomplish. We cannot change this system, if we become evil like this system. Just have your friends remember Ron Paul when they decide to do anything next time.

By the way, not trying to preach. Just trying to give you some advice. And, thanks for all of the great work you are doing!

EvilEngineer
01-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Which facebook group? can't find anything on it.

MikeStanart
01-24-2008, 12:19 AM
It's kind of a shame that all my classes are at West Campus. I"m not even at A&M main campus for even 1 class! I didn't even get to see the pro-RP stuff.

TexasAggie09
01-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Interesting, quite a few Ags on the board. There is a lot of support for RP in probably the biggest neoconservative hot spot in America.

joe77
01-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Ohh my God what do we do....lol

Quit wasting peoples time with this crap and put another banner up...who cares I think its funny.

pacelli
01-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Write bigger so they can't squeeze anything around it.

Yes, infiltrate and conquer.

But first, be sure that as a precinct leader you are ensuring that RP has votes from your school. Drag them to the polls if need be.