PDA

View Full Version : Our Counterintelligence Sucks!

Clare Ward
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
We should have known about this thing in Louisiana before it happened. If that was a coordinated assault by all the other candidates, we should have picked up the chatter.

We also need a candidate tracker so we know where the opposition is (and going to be) at all times.

This is simple intelligence gathering, that the forums could easily put together. Or a separate web site all together, but I like all my info in one place.

hueylong
01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Dumb post. There was no chatter. There was no way of knowing. Our people do not run in mainstream Republican circles.

All the 2nd guessing of the people who did an amazing job in Louisiana REALLY stinks.

Jae0
01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
The people working to get Paul elected down there are pretty new to the whole thing. They're not trained for spying either. Dont criticis them. They did a GREAT JOB.

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Our people do not run in mainstream Republican circles.

Actually, some of them do.

-n

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Alright! You check the radar for troop movement and i'll contact the NSA! :rolleyes:

Our people do not run in mainstream Republican circles.

I do...

Marc3579
01-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Who's gonna contact the DIA?

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Even General Washington developed an intelligence network that kept him informed of the British army's movements.

Paul4Prez
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Ron Paul supporters in Louisiana did an awesome job, but the point about keeping better tabs on the opposition is a valid one, and another lesson learned.

How's Maine looking?

BeFranklin
01-23-2008, 11:31 PM
We aren't developing an intelligence network because posts like "we ought to infillitrate so and so" and "use such and such's resources" are moved off grassroots.

Well, maybe we needn't talk about that here, but it certainly *is* happening to us from other campaigns, and to have effective intelligence, we need to start doing that.

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Counterintelligence isn't just limited to monitoring other candidates' forums but also physically attending a local GOP meeting (whether county, Young Republican, etc.) and then ingratiating yourself into the local club so that you are invited to any after meeting social events (like beers at the local pub) and listening to what the insiders have to say about what they have heard from other candidates' campaigns.

bcreps85
01-24-2008, 12:07 AM
The problem with posts like this is that we can't do much even if we know about these things. We can't cheat if they cheat because we are held to a higher moral standard (by ourselves and the MSM). If we knew about it we would do what? Bring it up to the authorities, who would then condescendingly suggest that Ron Paul needs to "grow up", like last time? It isn't good publicity to give them a chance to jab at us in such ways...as unfortunate as that is.

Personally, I think people who purposely screw with elections and the view of the masses in ways like I have seen during this election should be executed as traitors...but we are against the machine, and the machine is currently in their favor. We gotta do what we can, but these posts don't help.