PDA

View Full Version : Its looking up for Ron Paul! "Huckabee might drop out" -my mom

krott5333
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM
thompsons gone.

huckabee's out of money. He'll be gone soon.

Giuliani has no support. He'll be gone in no time.

That leaves McCain, Romney, and Paul.

Romney's in it til the end, has his own money.

Paul's should be fine financially.

What about McCain? How's he looking on money?

FSP-Rebel
01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
McCain doesn't need a campaign or any money, he gets free publicity and much of it implies him in a good light.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
The Ghoul has no support AND no money so yeah he will gone shortly after Florida unless he pulls a rabbit named miracle out of his hat. McCain is getting publicity but it seems like a lot of people are starting to actually take Dr. Paul seriously and while we are not loaded like some people think we are, we should be able to compete on through super tuesday. We need all the money we can get though. If you arent maxed out than donate now!

Jobarra
01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
McCain doesn't need a campaign or any money, he gets free publicity and much of it implies him in a good light.
Going to be hard to fight attack ads with no money ;)

I have a feeling Romney is about to blister McCain's behind for us. Especially if McCain takes Florida.

spivey378
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
if you drop out, are you no longer on the ballot? will freddy be on the ballot now

it would be nice if it were just between mitt, mac an ronnie

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Huckabee has pulled in a pretty penny the last couple of days since announcing he is running out. Now when I say pretty penny, I mean based on his history of money raising. However, this could give him a little boost to stay on a little longer, and I don't like that guy getting any extra time out there.

Paul Revered
01-23-2008, 11:17 PM
thompsons gone.

huckabee's out of money. He'll be gone soon.

Giuliani has no support. He'll be gone in no time.

That leaves McCain, Romney, and Paul.

Romney's in it til the end, has his own money.

Paul's should be fine financially.

What about McCain? How's he looking on money?Thank you. I used this post for ideas, and posted them on Myspace.

acroso
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Uhh...we need delegates on S. Tuesday...

If it's a shutout, then McCain already has this thing in the bank..we'll see

luvthedoc08
01-23-2008, 11:20 PM
i wonder how CNN's gonna exclude RP from their pie charts now...

Ogren
01-23-2008, 11:21 PM
The best we could wish for is that gulliani stays in the race ( just so we can keep beating him in more primaries ) and that huckabee drops out ( so we can grab more of the anti-income tax crowd )

Sey.Naci
01-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Please explain to this Canadian how someone can fund their own campaign and not be subject to FEC rules? Wouldn't Romney's campaign have to pay him back for all the loans he has made to it? And if so, isn't there a timeline for repayment? (If not, then that's really, really unfair to all other candidates.)

Rhys
01-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Please explain to this Canadian how someone can fund their own campaign and not be subject to FEC rules? Wouldn't Romney's campaign have to pay him back for all the loans he has made to it? And if so, isn't there a timeline for repayment? (If not, then that's really, really unfair to all other candidates.)

the theory is you can't influence yourself with your money. who knows. everyone hates the bill anyway.

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Going to be hard to fight attack ads with no money ;)

I have a feeling Romney is about to blister McCain's behind for us. Especially if McCain takes Florida.

All the conservative talk radio heads are starting to barrage McCain with never ending criticisms.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 11:43 PM
It will soon be a three-way race, and RP will kick some serious ass in the debates.

gracebkr
01-23-2008, 11:46 PM
i wonder how CNN's gonna exclude RP from their pie charts now...

Oh, they will include, they just won't show him placing.Remember Nevada? They showed the pie chart and then showed first and third place. It was astonishing.

dan barry
01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
NO. Huckabee is gonna run for Vice President with John McCain......The news stations have hinted at this all day. This will hurt Ron Paul. The GOP don't like the Mormon nutcase, and the GOP knows that the Public hates Giuliani more and more each lisping day.

Ron Paul should start doing something dramatic,....like pray that John McCain has a heart attack, and that Huckabee gets eaten by his fat 430 pound son.

mczerone
01-23-2008, 11:52 PM
McCain is out of money into the future.
His campaign has borrowed money against future donations! He created his own money, based on the promise of getting donations after SuperTuesday.

Why aren't economists entirely dismissing this guy as a candidate? How would a CEO do, making this kind move when short on money? "we'll make it up next quarter guys" or "I swear I'll get the donations to you by next quarter." Either way is pretty pathetic.

Jobarra
01-24-2008, 12:04 AM
McCain is out of money into the future.
His campaign has borrowed money against future donations! He created his own money, based on the promise of getting donations after SuperTuesday.

Why aren't economists entirely dismissing this guy as a candidate? How would a CEO do, making this kind move when short on money? "we'll make it up next quarter guys" or "I swear I'll get the donations to you by next quarter." Either way is pretty pathetic.
It's interesting. I read that McCain used his influx of cash to pay down his $3M loan, which means he has $3M less than what he has collected.

daviddee
01-24-2008, 12:19 AM

dan barry
01-24-2008, 12:42 AM
why should McCain worry about debt. He's a firm believer in the creating money out of thin air. He says he doesn't like "one-way tickets", but his financial problems are gonna give him a burka-strewn one-way ticket.

Jobarra
01-24-2008, 12:44 AM
As I recall... Wasn't it McCain that got a bank loan and the backing for the loan was his mailing lists?

He is in a lot of debt...
Yes, but it sounds like he's paid off the loan or a good portion of it with money he brought in. I would say it almost sounds like he doesn't want to be in the red either when he goes belly up.