PDA

View Full Version : Now that people are beginning to listen, we should watch ourselves

TER
01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Lets not be the reason why people turn away from Dr. Paul. If we show patience and respect towards everyone in every campaign, this movement will continue to grow and flourish. Otherwise, we will be the reason for its denial and resistance. People are beginning to see the truth. Give it to them is small doses by being courteous and by displaying virtue!

123tim
01-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I agree. Bump

FSP-Rebel
Yeah, we've been rowdy enough. Time to polish it up a little, it's showtime...

Paulitical Correctness
Yes, let's not have an elitist attitude because we chose the right candidate.

We were blind once, too. :)

ForLibertyFight
01-23-2008, 10:56 PM
I agree 100%. Just remind yourself to act like Ron Paul himself because he is a gentleman.

pinkmandy
Ditto all around.

JSCHAFER1337
Definitely. Articulate, intelligent, respectful supporters will win a lot more people than rambunctious imbeciles. Time to be classy, folks.

RonPaulFTFW
01-23-2008, 11:06 PM
stop screwing around!

*puts on church clothes*

lets do this.

cheese
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
SMALL DOSES!

QFT

wildflower
01-23-2008, 11:25 PM
stop screwing around!

*puts on church clothes*

lets do this.

LOL! :p

JahWarrior
01-23-2008, 11:30 PM
+1000

UnitedWeStand
01-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Let any newcomers find in us the peace and wisdom of our movement. We really need to show our solidarity now.

Liberty really has united us.

If someone really is a troll, still treat them with love and patience--after all they are still here and might read something that plants a seed of change in their mind.

If you cant think of something nice to say, think harder until you can. No matter how ignorant someone may be, knowledge will always make them less so. If they are trying to be inflammatory, and instead receive patience, they might question their own motives. If they are trying to be inflammatory and receive anger/kookiness their paradigms will be reinforced..and so will the paradigms of every one in their social circle.

ConstitutionGal
01-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Don't do or say anything that you'd be ashamed of Dr. Paul seeing or hearing you do. Being rowdy or pushy is not the way to win friends or influence people and it's pretty sad to see Dr. Paul on TV having to defend the actions of some of his supposed supporters.

luvthedoc08
01-23-2008, 11:38 PM
bump, i totally agree, always keep your head help high too, be bulletproof and classy at the same time

mugen
01-23-2008, 11:48 PM
bump, i totally agree, always keep your head help high too, be bulletproof and classy at the same time

QFT

Xyrus2
01-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh you better not pout,
You better not cry,
Have you heard about this Dr. Paul guy?
Dr. Paul is coming to town.

Oh he's making a list,
He's checking it twice,
Have you donated? Better donate tonight
Dr. Paul is coming to town.

Oh, he supports the constitution,
He knows foreign policy,
He knows economics inside out, and he knows what it means to be free.

So you better not pout, and you better not cry.
Support Ron Paul, a real American guy,

Dr. Paul is coming to town,
Pound the signs straight into the ground.
The MSM is coming around,
America is beating them down,
Let those feet a' canvass around,
Hand those slim jims out by the pound,
Paul supporters making this sound:
DR. PAUL IS COMING TO TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!

~X~

BeFranklin
01-23-2008, 11:59 PM
bump

rmholla
01-24-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't go to church. hmmm, should I go nekkid? LOL

But I agree, all Ron Paul supporters should be on their best behaviors.

-

Jae0
01-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Im still trying to figure out what to wear when I go canvassing in Tennessee. Is it possible to be to dressy when canvassing?

Sauron
01-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Is it possible to be to dressy when canvassing?
People usually do. However, since it's winter, the priority is to dress warm.

TER
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
just a reminder to all us Paultards today!!!

limequat
01-24-2008, 10:12 AM
What Would Ron Paul Do?

We are all Ron Paul ambassadors.

When I was working the polls I shared my heater with a woman passing out flyers for the union. She said something to the effect of, "you Ron Paul people really have your sh** together."

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Lets not be the reason why people turn away from Dr. Paul. If we show patience and respect towards everyone in every campaign, this movement will continue to grow and flourish. Otherwise, we will be the reason for its denial and resistance. People are beginning to see the truth. Give it to them is small doses by being courteous and by displaying virtue!

Thjs is more guilt trip crap. Why are you nanny state babysitter types always chiming in about our manners. Don't you know how rude this is getting to be. Yer a bunch of pantywaists. Go hide under your couch with your channel changers in hand so you don't skip a beat.

randy

freelance
01-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Im still trying to figure out what to wear when I go canvassing in Tennessee. Is it possible to be to dressy when canvassing?

It's winter. How about pants and a sweater? Think casual side of business casual--something that says, "it's okay to open the door." YMMV

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:41 AM
It's winter. How about pants and a sweater? Think casual side of business casual--something that says, "it's okay to open the door." YMMV

Im in Indiana going to TN. I hope its warmer, because I dont wear sweaters or jackets. haha

Cal Mabus
01-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I should not put my 7 liars left sign back up here in Springfield Il.

It started at 11 liars, to 10, now to 7.

It is talked about all over town, yet when asked if they had seen the sign, most people I heard was, yea I saw that what does that mean.
Door open. Explain. New light bulbs.

No wonder the city is fighting me in court about my signs... Oh know, they just say they are too big and too many.

What do the rest think about it??? still non thinking, I haven't seen any editorials yet.

TER
01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
:
Thjs is more guilt trip crap. Why are you nanny state babysitter types always chiming in about our manners. Don't you know how rude this is getting to be. Yer a bunch of pantywaists. Go hide under your couch with your channel changers in hand so you don't skip a beat.

randy

Thank you Randy for your opinion. I actually don't watch tv. :)

pacelli
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Also be careful how much insider information you post here- Romney's campaign people are very internet-savvy and it would be easy for them to lurk here to give Mitt some ammo to use against RP.

ronpaulhawaii
01-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, we've been rowdy enough. Time to polish it up a little, it's showtime...

Definitely. Articulate, intelligent, respectful supporters will win a lot more people than rambunctious imbeciles. Time to be classy, folks.

Everything has its place, even a little rambunctiousness. I've been amazed seeing the different methods and what works and doesn't. ISTM the level of decorum is related to the job at hand.

Probably a bit easier to dress up, as someone said, "business casual". Being well prepared for foul weather looks "smart", also. Comfort is very important...

What Would Ron Paul Do?

We are all Ron Paul ambassadors.

When I was working the polls I shared my heater with a woman passing out flyers for the union. She said something to the effect of, "you Ron Paul people really have your sh** together."

We're getting there...

randy

aaaaah, quitcherbitchin... ;) - lol

I should not put my 7 liars left sign back up here in Springfield Il.

It started at 11 liars, to 10, now to 7.

It is talked about all over town, yet when asked if they had seen the sign, most people I heard was, yea I saw that what does that mean.
Door open. Explain. New light bulbs.

No wonder the city is fighting me in court about my signs... Oh know, they just say they are too big and too many.

What do the rest think about it??? still non thinking, I haven't seen any editorials yet.

I like that sign!!! Great ice-breaker and spot-on messege.

Integrity Matters!!!

:D
m

btwilli1
01-24-2008, 11:08 AM
bump. Make this a sticky! Let's be on our best behavior!

dshields
01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
+1776

Technics2000
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM

randy

How do you suppose we talk to people then? I don't see anything wrong with reminding people that we are here to get Ron Paul elected and the majority of active voters out there don't respond well to yelling and name-calling.

liberteebell
01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
bump

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Democrats--the federal government is too inefficient, corrupt and hard to police. Let your state do it!

Huckabee fans--your man taught you much. Welcome, welcome, welcome to the original, the guy who gave him those good ideas!

Thompson fans--thank you for sticking by your guns and being true conservatives! Dr. Paul won't let you down!

Romney supporters--I see he changed position on you once too often--or was it that you finally researched his role in the terribly defective Big Dig? In any case, welcome!

McCain fans--thank you for really supporting the troops! You are now in the camp that most of our service people overseas support! We thank you and they thank you for representing them well while they are unable to vote for themselves!

We are good for all of America! Thank you for coming to see us. Our tent is big enough to shelter all. We won't let you down!

Marty Duren
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM

Overalls and flannel?

FreedomWon
01-24-2008, 11:30 AM
"Patience is the highest virtue. If one has patience, all other virtues will follow"
Lao tsu

Grandson of Liberty
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

+ a bajillion

WWRPD? :)

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 11:44 AM
:

Thank you Randy for your opinion. I actually don't watch tv. :)

Nothing personal..but I have been around here a while and daily someone posts one of these like they are the goddamned saint of the RP grassroots on a mission to save the heathens. It gets monotonous and redundant and we really do not need it on here.

Word to the wise.. This tactic is being used by shills here to divide us and blow our momentum. Whose side do you want to play on??

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Democrats--the federal government is too inefficient, corrupt and hard to police. Let your state do it!

Huckabee fans--your man taught you much. Welcome, welcome, welcome to the original, the guy who gave him those good ideas!

Thompson fans--thank you for sticking by your guns and being true conservatives! Dr. Paul won't let you down!

Romney supporters--I see he changed position on you once too often--or was it that you finally researched his role in the terribly defective Big Dig? In any case, welcome!

McCain fans--thank you for really supporting the troops! You are now in the camp that most of our service people overseas support! We thank you and they thank you for representing them well while they are unable to vote for themselves!

We are good for all of America! Thank you for coming to see us. Our tent is big enough to shelter all. We won't let you down!

Good ones..every last one of them as a launching premise once the voters camp is discerned.

Best Regards
Randy

TER
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Nothing personal..but I have been around here a while and daily someone posts one of these like they are the goddamned saint of the RP grassroots on a mission to save the heathens. It gets monotonous and redundant and we really do not need it on here.

Word to the wise.. This tactic is being used by shills here to divide us and blow our momentum. Whose side do you want to play on??

Best Regards
Randy

Thank you Randy for your opinion. Trust me, I am no saint! :)
I don't know what a 'shill' is and I am not trying to divide anyone. I'm trying to get Ron Paul elected president of the US. I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way.

Cal Mabus
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
A DIFFERENT CHRISTMAS POEM

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,

I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.

My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,

My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.

Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,

transforming the yard to a winter delight.

The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,

completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.

My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,

Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.

In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,

So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,

But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.

Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know,

Then the sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.

My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,

And I crept to the door just to see who was near.

Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,

a lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.

A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,

Perhaps a Marine, huddled here in the cold.

Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,

standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.

"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,

"Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!

Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,

You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"

For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,

Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts..

To the window that danced with a warm fire's light.

Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,

I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night."

"It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,

That separates you from the darkest of times.

No one had to ask or beg or implore me,

I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.

My Gramps died at 'Pearl on a day in December,"

Then he sighed, "That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."

My dad stood his watch in the jungles of 'Nam,'

And now it is my turn and so, here I am.

I've not seen my own son in more than a while,

But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.

Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,

The red, white, and blue... an American flag.

"I can live through the cold and the being alone,

Away from my family, my house and my home.

I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,

I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.

I can carry the weight of killing another,

Or lay down my life with my sister and brother..

Who stand at the front against any and all,

To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall."

"So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,

Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."

"But isn't there something I can do, at the least,

"Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?"

It seems all too little for all that you've done,

For being away from your wife and your son."

Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,

"Just tell us you love us, and never forget.

To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,

To stand your own watch, no matter how long.

For when we come home, either standing or dead,

To know you remember we fought and we bled.

Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,

That we mattered to you as you mattered to us.

THIS IS WHY WE FIGHT

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 11:53 AM
WWRPD? :)

Ron Paul would always tell the truth no matter how tough to swallow for the hearer. Ron Paul would stare arrogant government officials in the eye and ask them questions whose answers unmask their profligate fraud or buffoonery/lack of intellect. Ron Paul would stand up for his country regardless of the personal costs to his popularity amongst the collective congress and senate. Ron Paul says he sees the need for a little exuberance on our part and understands why we have heckled Giuliani and Hannity. Ron Paul would take some pompous loudmouthed twit and with a turn of phrase and a dollop of logic smack them hard and make them look like utter and completely uninformed fools and hypocrites.

That is what Ron Paul would do.

Best
Randy

MaidenFan
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
+1

I wrote a post explaining my opinions on this issue yesterday, I don't think many people payed attention to it though. Here's a link in case anyone is interested:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=98707

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
+1

I wrote a post explaining my opinions on this issue yesterday, I don't think many people payed attention to it though. Here's a link in case anyone is interested:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=98707

Just replied. Probably didn't get alot of traction due to sanctimonious posturing and then billyjoeallens poignant reply wrapping the whole dilemma up in a satiriical slamdunk.

Best
Randy

Grandson of Liberty
01-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Ron Paul would always tell the truth no matter how tough to swallow for the hearer. Ron Paul would stare arrogant government officials in the eye and ask them questions whose answers unmask their profligate fraud or buffoonery/lack of intellect. Ron Paul would stand up for his country regardless of the personal costs to his popularity amongst the collective congress and senate. Ron Paul says he sees the need for a little exuberance on our part and understands why we have heckled Giuliani and Hannity. Ron Paul would take some pompous loudmouthed twit and with a turn of phrase and a dollop of logic smack them hard and make them look like utter and completely uninformed fools and hypocrites.

That is what Ron Paul would do.

Best
Randy

He would also be polite.

flames2dust77
01-24-2008, 12:57 PM

randy

Is this a serious comment? Honestly...that's all I've heard from people who don't support Ron Paul. "Ron Paul supporters are some of the rudest most pushy people I have ever met." When I ask about statements like that I find it was a one time incident that they apply to all RP supporters. But me, myself....I've been turned off by certain Ron Paul supporters...and I support the man! Ppl need to get some manners, sound articulate, practice patience, and put away the "I'm better than thou" bullcrap attitudes if we want this movement to continue gaining momentum. After Dr. Paul is in the White House you can go back to your moronic rudeness. Just my two pennies.

JimInNY
01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Act like you are the only example of a Ron Paul supporter that people are likely to see.

Bump!

micahnelson
01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Just my two pennies.

Due to inflation, its a nickel.

I would agree that politeness is important, to an extent. We have two sides.

1) People who understand are furious. This is understandable.

2) People who don't understand are in a state of rest. They probably enjoy it, many of us have mentioned how we miss the blissful ignorance. People don't want to be told "doom and gloom".

When we lash out at people, calling them sheep or whatever, they get upset. Let me tell you something. The average person knows there is something very wrong. There are just so many things to distract them, that they can avoid it. If you turn your ipod up loud enough or get so involved at work you can ignore almost anything.

If we get aggressive, they will lash out against US because we are now disrupting their state of rest. They don't want to be disrupted.

But, they need to wake up. Its not a simple situation. Church clothes and a nice haircut, while olive branches, aren't going to cut it.

We need to make this a message of hope. A message of hope recognizes the difficulty, but proceeds quickly to the answers.

A humble foreign policy, no nation building, no policing the world. An America kept safe by intelligence and a strong national defense we can afford- not by failed government bureaucracies and a military stretched all over the globe that has bankrupted our future generations. Restored diplomacy will result in better cooperation between nations, which can only make us safer. The actual terrorists will have a hard time finding a safe haven among nations that are our friends in the international community. For this reason, we should seek to expand those friendships, not isolate the world in embargoes and sanctions which have been proven to accomplish nothing but resentment.

An economy based on the free exchange of goods and services, where a man can trade his labor and skills for compensation. No more government claims to the swear of a man's brow. No more redistribution of wealth. What do we do for the poor? We unleash the power of the American spirit- unshackle the beast of entrepreneurial power. No more dehumanizing welfare state- Not in America. Everyone can be employed and successful if we stop cutting people off at the knees with handouts. And when the fruits of the labor of generous americans are finally returned, we will see a spirit of true compassion for those in times of crisis. Like the outpouring to the Red Cross after 9/11, we can trust each other to take care of those in serious temporary need.

The government would have you believe that the greed and selfishness of your fellow citizen demands that you enable the government to keep you safe. I say that it is the other way around. Together we can show that the strength and beauty of America does not reside in Washington DC, but in the power of the American people working together to achieve greatness.

We can accomplish great things. We are not resigned to the last few pages in our nations history. We can start a whole new chapter, but not without resolving the obstacles that remain. So now is indeed a time for choosing. Our destiny as individuals working together for greatness, or a monolithic government that can't even insure mediocrity for all.

It is time for us to get back where we started as conservatives. Limited government, personal freedom, free markets, and an optimism about our future. If you agree, then Ron Paul is the candidate that best represents you.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Is this a serious comment? Honestly...that's all I've heard from people who don't support Ron Paul. "Ron Paul supporters are some of the rudest most pushy people I have ever met." When I ask about statements like that I find it was a one time incident that they apply to all RP supporters. But me, myself....I've been turned off by certain Ron Paul supporters...and I support the man! Ppl need to get some manners, sound articulate, practice patience, and put away the "I'm better than thou" bullcrap attitudes if we want this movement to continue gaining momentum. After Dr. Paul is in the White House you can go back to your moronic rudeness. Just my two pennies.

Yeah.. Dead effing serious. People do need some manners but the society as a whole needs some manners. This high horse some of you are on does npthing but leave a pile of manure all over the grassroots. So someone was rude with an RP something or other by them. I get rudeness from people 50 times a day in the US. Most of the people whining are simply parroting what they heard on the news because they haven't got any other spew or a lick of common sense to put forward..so they rely on BS soundbytes. The other candidates are not so goddamned rosy with their manners and deserve every potshot taken at them. Guys like Ghouliani roll into Georgia and expect to hold a rally at the exact same time and place as RP rallies had been held for four month prior like clockwork. So a shouting match ensued when a Rudy supporter smacked a 15 year old kids sign from his hand. Then they started shouting Rudy and they were drowned out by twice as many RPO chanters. Rudy wet to his private jet, missed his speech he was planning during the middle of OUR RALLY and the carpetbagger got run off. Then we had the board filled with people telling us to be polite.. I personally felt they should all piss up a rope.

I met some rude RP supporters too. They gave me a lecture about being polite for no reason I could fathom..nor anybody else there. Including the Georgia state campaign manager who has thanked me many times for my various efforts.

I don't know where they were born but my daddy told me i wasn't born downhill from no son of a bitch on the planet.

Best Regards
Randy

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 01:54 PM
We didn't get where we are by politely rolling over. We won't get to the next level by chasing away converts. We won't win by politely letting them steal our votes. We won't win hearts and minds by being angry and accusatory when we should be using humor to make our points (because it works).

And we sure aren't doing any good by bickering among ourselves when we could be canvassing or coming up with good ideas.

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 02:06 PM
In short it takes all kinds to make a nation, it'll take all kinds to win this thing, and as long as we all know our strengths and use them, we can win. So, I'm glad you're all here.

That said, Revolution 9, out of the two of you, you're definitely the ugly one!

Ara825
01-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Best Regards
Randy

I agree that this does get posted to the point of being redundent. However, it doesn't bother me to see the reminders because I know they aren't directed at me.

flames2dust77
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
where do you ppl get being polite or having manners = letting ppl run all over us? There is a way to be aggressive and not come out looking like satan spawn. There is also a way to be persistent without coming off as a pushy, self important jackass. Excuse the language but it pisses me off when people think you have to be so abrasive and plain rude to get RP's message across. Do I believe in sugar coating? NO! I loathe it! BUT, I have changed the way I present myself to ppl who don't know about Dr. Paul. Folks don't want to listen to an angry, obnoxious person. That's what a fraction of RP supporters come off as. Passion does not equal = obnoxious behavior. I am just saying....yes, I truly believe anger is a gift when it comes to everything that all of us here at this forum are fighting for. We are all fighting for the same things and have a common goal. What is so wrong with taking that anger and channeling it times 100 in other ways that reflect what the r[EVOL]ution is about? Maybe I'm too much of an idealist...I believe in peaceful change. Me wanting that does not make me a doormat or any less of a supporter. Being charismatic and passionate is what has gotten me the most RP converts. *shrugs*

Just got done reading acptulsa's comment. Agreed. That comment makes the most sense to me.