PDA

View Full Version : Our boy Rick Santelli calls out Cramer:

ronpaulyourmom
01-23-2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkrNJ19DSU&feature=related

classic moment. For anybody who doesn't know, Rick Santelli has gone to bat for Ron Paul on one or two occassions. He's probably the best commentator on CNBC.

spudea
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
um no that video is inaccurate. Cramer can't be faulted for the slow response by the fed. They cut rates by 50 points in september so Cramer thought that signaled a lot more rate cuts down the road, then the dow hit record high in october. Cramer was not recommending stocks that risked being hit by the mortgage crisis. He definetly was bearish as he moved people away from the crisis so they could still make money.

liberty_Forever
01-23-2008, 11:03 PM
OH WOW

This is priceless!!!!

bump x 1000

misericordia
01-23-2008, 11:05 PM
bmp

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
um no that video is inaccurate. Cramer can't be faulted for the slow response by the fed. They cut rates by 50 points in september so Cramer thought that signaled a lot more rate cuts down the road, then the dow hit record high in october. Cramer was not recommending stocks that risked being hit by the mortgage crisis. He definetly was bearish as he moved people away from the crisis so they could still make money.

totaly agree...

dfalken
01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Markets normally go down during fed cutting periods and up during fed raising periods, so that argument about not faulting Cramer is idiotic. Cramer is a chimpanzee on crack.....as a person who is involved with the market on a daily basis for the last 10 years and having a solid understanding of markets and macroeconomics, I can tell you Cramer is 100%, undeniably a bufoon. I despise that idiot and he is representative of what America has become. Loud, stupid, arrogant, uneducated and annoying.

Valis33
01-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I really like Rick Santelli, he is the voice of reason.

notsure
01-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Check Cramer speaking out in this interview with TheStreet.com from 1/22/08.
http://www.thestreet.com/video/index.html?bcpid=1155328549&bclid=1111461880&bctid=1381147844

PS. Is there an extended, unedited version of the OP's video? I'd like to see what happened between Brian Wesbury and Jim Cramer, and why Santelli jumps in??

cjhowe
01-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Nothing to see here. Santelli is a bonds guy. Bonds do well with high interest rates. Cramer called Dow 14,5 when it was at 12,5. He was 90% right. He took the irrational exuberance shtick as far as valuation. He admitted that it didn't make sense to go higher, that the fundamentals weren't there, but that's what the market "wanted" to do. Just goes to show you, the pros see it as gambling too.

Dr.3D
01-24-2008, 12:44 AM
I never get tired of seeing Rick Santelli smiling down there on the floor. He always knows what is going on and sort of reminds me of somebody who would like to say more about something but knows if he does, he might lose his job.