PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from Republican candidate for Sheriff in San Antonio - he was not happy

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-23-2008, 10:30 PM
A police officer spotted someone putting up a Ron Paul sign at a freeway intersection here. They then pulled down one of the Sheriff candidate's signs and slid down the hill on it. The officer couldn't make the turnaround in time to intervene, and he notified the candidate who then contacted me through our Meetup group. I don't know if it was someone from our Meetup group or not. I emailed the group to see if anyone was putting up signs in that area yesterday, but no one has fessed up.

We have so many fucking idiots involved in this campaign it's a wonder RP has any support at all.

Just had to vent.

Paulitical Correctness
01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
They then pulled down one of the Sheriff candidate's signs and slid down the hill on it.

I had to stop here and recover.

DjLoTi
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
lol..

Jeremy
Some people are just.... IDIOTS

driller80545
You are right sir, but you also have to admit, that's funny!

Arklatex
01-23-2008, 10:34 PM
AHA! I love it. =)

NoPants
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Yes, it does more damage and is disrespectful.

Also, it's really funny. Slid down the hill?

TwiLeXia
01-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Lol, sliding for Ron Paul!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, it is hillarious actually BUT our people should not tear down signs of other candidates. We have all been outraged when we hear the stories of McCain and Huckabee and Romney people tearing down our signs and we should not stopp to their level. Stop and think - would Ron Paul approve of his people acting this way?

Enzo
A police officer spotted someone putting up a Ron Paul sign at a freeway intersection here. They then pulled down one of the Sheriff candidate's signs and slid down the hill on it. The officer couldn't make the turnaround in time to intervene, and he notified the candidate who then contacted me through our Meetup group. I don't know if it was someone from our Meetup group or not. I emailed the group to see if anyone was putting up signs in that area yesterday, but no one has fessed up.

We have so many fucking idiots involved in this campaign it's a wonder RP has any support at all.

Just had to vent.

Did you ask him if he's a Ron Paul supporter?

Devil_rules_in_extremes

Just had to vent.

Awwww geez. Why are people stupid?

virginiakid
01-23-2008, 10:41 PM
That is why if you are going to do that you do it at night. Otherwise, go to another place and put the sign up. I usually don't take signs down, because personally I don't want a bad name to be present with the candidate I am supporting. However, there was a whole lot of that going on in SC.

nbhadja
01-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Close to 100% of other candidates supporters are idiots.
We are at a much lower percentage, much lower.

phree
01-23-2008, 10:42 PM

Just had to vent.

Many people here will defend those actions, or at least claim it was Mitt Romney.

I think it's funny too, about as funny as loosing to McCain.

123tim
01-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Not funny at all.

I can't imagine how many people a candidate for Sheriff will rub shoulders with. I'm certain that he'll be talking plenty about Ron Paul and Ron Paul supporters.

Rhys
01-23-2008, 10:43 PM

Just had to vent.

youtube or it didn't happen

haha jk

Marc3579
01-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Sliding down a hill on a sign? Nice... LoL I've gotta say.... Don't do that though....OK?

Ron LOL
01-23-2008, 10:44 PM

True that.

luvthedoc08
01-23-2008, 10:49 PM
i think we should save the sliding until after we win (until then let's play nice), once that happens i'm likely to make a sled outta Romney signs

nodope0695
01-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Other people take down our signs too...all's fair in love and war. Almost all the signs I put up were taken down within a week.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Did you ask him if he's a Ron Paul supporter?

No.

MikeStanart
01-23-2008, 10:54 PM
I dont' condone this.

Neither would Paul.

steph3n
01-23-2008, 11:01 PM
How about contacting him and asking for 5 signs to put up for him? :D

Jae0
01-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Other people take down our signs too...all's fair in love and war. Almost all the signs I put up were taken down within a week.

Who cares if other people have done it? We're supposed to be the good guys, not the ones who try to out asshole everyone else. And the person took down the SHERIFF candidates sign. Not another presidentla candidate. Totally rude and disrespectful.

Detonator
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Lol

Ron2Win
01-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Why must we always fight clean when others are fighting dirty?

I talked to my local meetup guy to get some signs here in South Florida, I told him I was willing to put them on busy major intersections. He said no, because those were public places. I said ok fair enough.

2 weeks later on my way to work, I see literally DOZENS of Mitt signs everywhere.

MrCobaltBlue
01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Isn't it illegal to tear down other signs unless its after the election? I know it is in Maine I didn't know if its a federal thing or not.

Jae0
01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Why must we always fight clean when others are fighting dirty?

I talked to my local meetup guy to get some signs here in South Florida, I told him I was willing to put them on busy major intersections. He said no, because those were public places. I said ok fair enough.

2 weeks later on my way to work, I see literally DOZENS of Mitt signs everywhere.

Because if we start acting like and playing dirty like other people, we're scum just like them.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UtahApocalypse
01-23-2008, 11:20 PM

lol..

AHA! I love it. =)

Lol

This is the type of childish reaction and activity that is losing us supporters. Left and right I keep hearing tales of the stupid crap people in this campaign have done. Keep laughing and playing games if you want to lose.

wd4freedom
01-23-2008, 11:20 PM
A police officer spotted someone putting up a Ron Paul sign at a freeway intersection here. They then pulled down one of the Sheriff candidate's signs and slid down the hill on it.

As long as he put the sign back after riding it, shouldn't be all bad...............:confused:

Ron2Win
01-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Because if we start acting like and playing dirty like other people, we're scum just like them.
Lol, putting up signs and raising awareness is hardly being a scum.

slacker921
01-23-2008, 11:21 PM
It would be nice if the Ron Paul supporters who act this way would stop and realize that they are HURTING the Ron Paul campaign. Tearing down signs is NOT cool.

Jae0
01-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Lol, putting up signs and raising awareness is hardly being a scum.

LAWL taking down other peoples signs, breaking the law and being disrespectful is.

Paulitical Correctness
01-23-2008, 11:23 PM
This is the type of childish reaction and activity that is losing us supporters. Left and right I keep hearing tales of the stupid crap people in this campaign have done. Keep laughing and playing games if you want to lose.

Fuck you, douchebag. There is absolutely nothing I can do regarding what happened. I can't go back in time and stop it, and my words here won't inspire others to make choices, whether it be to replicate these actions or condemn them.

We all need to laugh once in a while, and the image of one of our own sliding down a hill on a sign is hilarious to me.

I thought you left the forums?

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
What do you know about that Sheriff?

To the thread starter--

Not sure why this is really even an issue for this board, and not sure why this was brought here.
Did you contact the leaders in your local meet up group? Do you think you will "find" the "slider" here? Do you think you will prevent future "sliders" from sliding in the future?
I see you posted it to vent, but why not vent to your local meet up groups? What does this have to do with Grassroots central?

Very interesting thread, at least I understand what the slider might be doing, esp. if they are particularly opposed to the Sheriff.
:D
Tell us about the Sheriff.

Joe3113
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
What they are doing is civil disobedience. Completely justified considering what the nWo is pulling on us.

Jae0
01-23-2008, 11:26 PM
What they are doing is civil disobedience. Completely justified considering what the nWo is pulling on us.

Right, that clears up everything. I'm sure everyone will support Ron Paul now.

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
That is why if you are going to do that you do it at night. Otherwise, go to another place and put the sign up. I usually don't take signs down, because personally I don't want a bad name to be present with the candidate I am supporting. However, there was a whole lot of that going on in SC.

I agree, we should not do it to other candidates, no matter what they do to us. If we do this, we become evil like they are. We cannot make positive changes by becoming the enemy. People have to think of Ron Paul and his honor as well.

Tina
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Some people are just.... IDIOTS

Some people still know how to have fun and laugh. Give your heart a break and lighten up.

Goldwater Conservative
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/calvin_hobbes_home/sled800.gif

Jae0
I agree, we should not do it to other candidates, no matter what they do to us. If we do this, we become evil like they are. We cannot make positive changes by becoming the enemy. People have to think of Ron Paul and his honor as well.

Thank you.

Marc3579
What do you know about that Sheriff?
Did you contact the leaders in your local meet up group? Do you think you will "find" the "slider" here? Do you think you will prevent future "sliders" from sliding in the future?
I see you posted it to vent, but why not vent to your local meet up groups? What does this have to do with Grassroots central?

QFT +1

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Offer to buy the aggrieved party a beer (Samuel Adams) and bury the hatchet.

Detonator
LAWL taking down other peoples signs, breaking the law and being disrespectful is.
There is a law stating that you cannot use a campaign sign as a sled? :eek:

Voodoo
As someone who can't add up the amount of time I've spent painting signs and putting them up only to have bureaucrats like Mr. Sheriff-Wannabe take them down minutes later, I can't even work up a modicum of pity for him.

I'm sure, of course, he has some evidence and won't just go spreading unsubstantiated rumors. Because that would be very un-sheriff like. Wait...nevermind.

For the record, I've stopped people from accosting other people's signs.

Jae0
01-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Im talking about someone complaining that other people put up signs where the shouldnt be, only because they wanted to put the signs there first.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Lol...

bcreps85
01-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I've seen other people treating Ron Paul signs in this manner as well. We aren't the only ones...in actuality our doing so is more likely reactive rather than being on the offensive like everyone else. Notice how no one makes a big deal out of it except us if Hillary or Romney supporters do something like this?

The simple fact is, no matter what we do, people will attack us for it. Too loud, we're being disrespectful, too quiet, we don't care about our candidate that much, it really doesn't matter. There is a way to put a negative spin on everything we do. The important thing is getting people to realize the bias.

Greenskin
01-23-2008, 11:59 PM
He did it for the lulz

I support sliding.

PRIEST
01-24-2008, 12:01 AM
¡Viva la Revolucion!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 12:04 AM

Hahahaha. :D

Matt Collins
01-24-2008, 12:20 AM
So do you think this guy will endorse Ron? :D

Madison
01-24-2008, 12:31 AM

If you didn't laugh you have no sense of humor. I read the original post 5 minutes ago and I'm still LMAO.

http://www.freewebs.com/calvin_hobbes_home/sled800.gif

Sigh, and I was almost done laughing. :D

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 12:36 AM
If you didn't laugh you have no sense of humor. I read the original post 5 minutes ago and I'm still LMAO.

Sigh, and I was almost done laughing. :D
whhheeeeeee!
Board the "slide to freedom"! :D
I swear some people need to get some action. :D

Rhys
01-24-2008, 12:41 AM
whhheeeeeee!
Board the "slide to freedom"! :D
I swear some people need to get some action. :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=99327

Sounds like this guy just did! :D

+1 for sliding!

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 12:59 AM
I promise to never slide down a hill on a wannabe Sherriff's sign ever. That sounds pretty hard to do in hard scrabble Arizona. These stories just keep-a-pumping though and we gotta view this crap daily from anal retentives. I could give a good goddamn about this Sherriff clown and his "officers". They/their colleagues and brethren pull down RP signs and harrass us for sign waving all the time. Tell them to go whine on the cops forum where they think a 92 year old Atlanta woman deserved to be shot in a bogus drug raid.

HTH
Randy

pacelli
01-24-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't see the humor in this at all. Folks you wonder why media people say we're out of control instead of saying that we are peaceful but very powerful Ron Paul supporters. When people do things like this, it makes the entire grassroots as well as Dr. Paul look bad. How much interview time has been wasted with the media asking Dr. Paul to explain something his supporters did?

joe77
01-24-2008, 01:03 AM
who cares put up another one. I could care less about some sheriffs sign....jesus we are fighting for the republic and you call this a revolution and you want to make sure you dont dammage a pigs sign.....lol ok

dknomed
01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
fk them and him and whoever else thinks that was bad, you got msn and faux news and other assholes media blackouting ron paul, i say fuck it fight fire with fire, good job to the guys who did that lol

Danny Molina
01-24-2008, 01:07 AM
You should have volunteered to put up some of his signs to make up for it.

pacelli
01-24-2008, 01:23 AM
who cares put up another one. I could care less about some sheriffs sign....jesus we are fighting for the republic and you call this a revolution and you want to make sure you dont dammage a pigs sign.....lol ok

If you think getting caught in the act is a good idea, you are dead wrong. They should have at least waited until nighttime or did some recon to make sure the fuzz wasn't driving by.

Madison
01-24-2008, 01:26 AM
They/their colleagues and brethren pull down RP signs and harrass us for sign waving all the time. Tell them to go whine on the cops forum where they think a 92 year old Atlanta woman deserved to be shot in a bogus drug raid.

+1

Folks you wonder why media people say we're out of control instead of saying that we are peaceful but very powerful Ron Paul supporters.

This isn't why the media smears us. They have an agenda which has been obvious from the start. They are too busy attacking us with bogus stories (i.e. the newsletters) to take notice of this. Don't bother trying to appease the enemy, it won't help.

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't see the humor in this at all. Folks you wonder why media people say we're out of control instead of saying that we are peaceful but very powerful Ron Paul supporters. When people do things like this, it makes the entire grassroots as well as Dr. Paul look bad. How much interview time has been wasted with the media asking Dr. Paul to explain something his supporters did?

HELLLOOOOOO!
The MEDIA is out of control, NOT US!!!
Many many many many many realize this. if they do not, it is time for them to wake up. :D
We play by "their rules" we lose. We make our own, we win. Get it?

Drknows
01-24-2008, 01:27 AM

Just had to vent.

so let me get this straight a police officer made a u turn to capture a Ron Paul supporter who put up a sign next to the sheriff's sign? So what law is being broken at this point?

xCakex
01-24-2008, 01:36 AM
pretty funny story.

jlaker
01-24-2008, 04:19 AM

yes, it wasn't right but was it a big enough deal to have people getting really upset over this. Like Dr. Paul says, you can only controll what you do as an indavidual. All we know is this "sheriff said"

devil21
01-24-2008, 04:26 AM
Welcome to thread 12,249 bashing RP supporters.

romeshomey
01-24-2008, 04:30 AM

Just had to vent.

Ask him if he has it on Youtube, otherwise it doesn't exist :D

losinglife
01-24-2008, 04:30 AM
thats pretty fuckin funny.... who cares.

i mean seriously

Paulbot_9876
01-24-2008, 04:48 AM
could of been worse.....someone could of been riding his wife instead....
like no one was a kid before having fun???? that is funny though i have to say.....maybe you should tell the sheriff we can get him elected....mwaahaahaahaaa

livinglegend
01-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Who cares?

What a rinky-dink thing.

That cop must be a giant whiny baby to contact the campaign. I'm GLAD that somebody who is such a baby had his sign taken.

JoBurke
01-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Stop believing everything you hear, we have the most passionate supporters on earth, and I support every last one of them - "tearing down a sign and sliding on it"? who cares? our government and associated cronies are destroying our country, taking our homes, and killing around the world in our name, the revolution is trying to take our country back by any means neccessary, be happy some are not resorting to violence! these poeple are tired of living under this regime! give them a break huh?

Marc3579
01-24-2008, 05:08 AM
It's no problem for me. I'm not even sure this is an issue that belongs on the grassroots forum. I mean, I know it's disrespectful to take down another persons campaign sign. But, I can't get mad at them for having some fun. *shrug*

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
For all of you who think it was a good thing to do or even funny. If it were a Ron Paul opponent (who ain't from around these parts) that would be one thing. However, alienating a candidate from Ron's party who is running for something entirely different at the local level is just stupid.

Stealth4
01-24-2008, 08:10 AM

Just had to vent.

Make it up by offering to put more more of that candidates signs.

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 08:12 AM
lol the slid down the hill part is straight out of a movie

hawks4ronpaul
01-24-2008, 08:17 AM
In situations like this, it might help to volunteer to put up 2 signs for the sheriff, even if your group was not responsible for taking down the 1 sign.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

tommy7154
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Oh this just tickles my funny bone until I think for half a second that that sheriff wannabe is going to now go and bad mouth Ron Paul and his supporters.

And ohhh gee that's just hilarious until it happens to us then we are simply outraged. Fucking retards.

Redcard
01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
I love how you guys are talking about how this is a little thing.

It is. But see, that's why we're going to lose this god-damned election. Because you guys don't realize that all the little things you've done has snowballed so dramatically that we're now just pretty much equated with kooks, blowhards, and people who scream at reporters.

So, good job. All these "little things that shouldn't matter" have cost us big, and likely have cost us the election.

Just remember that EVERYTHING you do has an effect on the world you live in. If you are campaigning for Dr. Paul, and you are considering doing something, ask yourself if everyone saw you doing it, would it help or hurt Dr Paul. Because, guess what, people DO see these things, and they tell other people, and they tell other people, and all of those f**kers vote.

And guess who they aren't voting for.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
I<snip[ drivel> But see, that's why we're going to lose this god-damned election. <snip[ more drivel>

Are you ever gonna stop your misdirectiopn through accusation and lating blame where it doesn't belong for something that did not happen? Yer the guy who campaigned so fucking hard since May but have only posted here since the first primary. Yer strategy sux. Why should we pay a lick of attention to your caterwauling? I call shill on your ass.

Randy

Redcard
01-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Are you ever gonna stop your misdirectiopn through accusation and lating blame where it doesn't belong for something that did not happen? Yer the guy who campaigned so fucking hard since May but have only posted here since the first primary. Yer strategy sux. Why should we pay a lick of attention to your caterwauling? I call shill on your ass.

Randy

ANd I call dumbass on yours.

Are you going to run around calling shill on everyone who disagrees with your stupid "let's blow them up an fuck'em all" type mentality?

Haven't you learned yet that we've driven more potential voters away than we've brought in?

Haven't you seen that 10%.. then 6%.. then 4%.. just isn't cutting it?

Didn't you notice that in Nevada, where we DID get second, that Mitt Romney got less votes than Ron Paul did in Michigan?

To win this election, we have to reach out, we have to bring people in, and we have to stop being mother fucking assholes.

So will you fucking grow up , stop calling me a shill, and try doing it MY way instead of yours? Because, frankly, your way sucks. Your way loses this election and alienates people off of us for years.

Big tent, people. BIG tent. Bring people in. Win friends. Win people.

None of this motherfucking "I don't have to compromise anything, anywhere" macho bullshit. Because I'll tell you this.. when Ron Paul gets elected president, he's going to be compromising ALL OVER the place.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh this just tickles my funny bone until I think for half a second that that sheriff wannabe is going to now go and bad mouth Ron Paul and his supporters.

And ohhh gee that's just hilarious until it happens to us then we are simply outraged. Fucking retards.

Lose alot of sleep over this. That one sheriff has satellite uplnks to override the entire US communications system to broadcast that some RP guys slid down a hill on a vote for sheriif egotripper sign. People will be glued to their TV's and radios awaiting the final outcome as this incident knocks RP totally out of the race..

Give it up.. The guy is a jerk for attempting to use his officers to bully pulpit the public. He has no right holdong the office of Sherriff as he already stinks of using the office to promote his personal power trip agenda. You want a more cogent analysis or me to write the fellow calling him out for using his public office and publicly paid employees to issue "couched threats" to the citizenry just let me know. He went after the meetup groups,.. I got a scathing diatribe in mind for his style of corruption.. And you want us to bend our knee to this clown??. This is dead flat wrong.

HTH
Randy

Kade
01-24-2008, 09:22 AM
A police officer spotted someone putting up a Ron Paul sign at a freeway intersection here. They then pulled down one of the Sheriff candidate's signs and slid down the hill on it.

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that.

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-24-2008, 09:23 AM
ill-advised, but undeniably hysterical hahahahahha

GodOfThunder
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
You mean campaign signs from bad candidates can work as sleds when there is no snow?

That's great news for us Floridians. There's a Romney sign down the street from my house.

Now I just have to find a hill somewhere in this part of the state.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Lose alot of sleep over this. That one sheriff has satellite uplnks to override the entire US communications system to broadcast that some RP guys slid down a hill on a vote for sheriif egotripper sign. People will be glued to their TV's and radios awaiting the final outcome as this incident knocks RP totally out of the race..

Give it up.. The guy is a jerk for attempting to use his officers to bully pulpit the public. He has no right holdong the office of Sherriff as he already stinks of using the office to promote his personal power trip agenda. You want a more cogent analysis or me to write the fellow calling him out for using his public office and publicly paid employees to issue "couched threats" to the citizenry just let me know. He went after the meetup groups,.. I got a scathing diatribe in mind for his style of corruption.. And you want us to bend our knee to this clown??. This is dead flat wrong.

HTH
Randy

He isn't the current sheriff, they aren't his officers. He didn't go after the Meetup groups. He contacted the most visible local Ron Paul group (which happens to be a Meetup group) to ask if we knew who it was and to ask them to stop. There wasn't an issue with the posting of a Ron Paul sign. Had that simply been the case there wouldn't have been a phone call. The issue was the cost of his sign, he doesn't have money bombs, just a very limited budget.

The point is, alienating people to Ron Paul for no fucking good reason at all is just totally stupid.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
<snip drivel>

I love to kick you shills in the ankles. The agenda then comes pouring out. Call it chumming the waters to watch the sharks rise. You rose well to the bait and defined your agenda even further for those not understanding you are not really a grassroots campaigner. Consider yourself tailwalked across the RP forums pond.

Now..post another borborygmic blowhard of a bablbelogue. I'll play pattycake with ya.

Randy

Apparition
01-24-2008, 09:39 AM
I think it was hilarious.. but also 'wrong' at the same time.

I like the idea of the meetup group putting up a few signs for the sheriff candidate as a sign of good faith.. I'm sure the guy will appreciate the gesture and you might just gain a supporter.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
He isn't the current sheriff, they aren't his officers. He didn't go after the Meetup groups. He contacted the most visible local Ron Paul group (which happens to be a Meetup group) to ask if we knew who it was and to ask them to stop. There wasn't an issue with the posting of a Ron Paul sign. Had that simply been the case there wouldn't have been a phone call. The issue was the cost of his sign, he doesn't have money bombs, just a very limited budget.

The point is, alienating people to Ron Paul for no fucking good reason at all is just totally stupid.

So..he ain't the current sherriff but has access to the officers and sends them on personal agenda missions? Well..that reeks even more. I hope he does not get elected. He seems to not understand the duty and jurisdiction of a sherriff. As well, parsing the incident makes me think it is fake. First off a cruiser rolling by so quickly he did not have time to turn around spots ..now get this timeline..a guy taking down a sherriff campaign sign, posting an RP sign and then sliding down a hill on the sherriff sign. Now..the cruiser rolling by must have been going minimum forty mph to not be able to make the turn. This would give them about 20 seconds for the 1/4 mile view. They are lying. This scenario could not possibly have happened in less than 60 seconds and would likely take at least two minutes. More than likely five.

Hope ya slim jimmed them.

Randy

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I think it's awesome.
civil disobedience FTW!

We put up a lot of signs on phone polls at night so I wouldn't hesitate to make a quick get away.

zadrock
01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey, after the Florida primary, can someone collect some Rudy signs and send them up here? My kids need a new sled.

Z

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
So..he ain't the current sherriff but has access to the officers and sends them on personal agenda missions? Well..that reeks even more. I hope he does not get elected. He seems to not understand the duty and jurisdiction of a sherriff. As well, parsing the incident makes me think it is fake. First off a cruiser rolling by so quickly he did not have time to turn around spots ..now get this timeline..a guy taking down a sherriff campaign sign, posting an RP sign and then sliding down a hill on the sherriff sign. Now..the cruiser rolling by must have been going minimum forty mph to not be able to make the turn. This would give them about 20 seconds for the 1/4 mile view. They are lying. This scenario could not possibly have happened in less than 60 seconds and would likely take at least two minutes. More than likely five.

Hope ya slim jimmed them.

Randy

No one went on a mission. The candidate isn't the current sheriff, but has been in local law enforcement for 23 years. It's like a fraternity, they look out for each other. The officer was across the freeway parked in a parking lot and saw the person putting up a Ron Paul sign. He didn't start heading over there until after that when the person then took down the other sign and slid down the hill with it. The way that freeway interchange is laid out you have to go about a half mile up and then a half mile back to get to the other side. By the time he got there the person was gone.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I think it's awesome.
civil disobedience FTW!

We put up a lot of signs on phone polls at night so I wouldn't hesitate to make a quick get away.

I've nailed up hundreds of signs to telephone poles, you are completely missing the point.

RPDelegate
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I blame the MSM for all the idiotic things some RP supporters are doing. If the MSM gave RP fair coverage like they do the other candidates, the RP supporters wouldn't have to cross the line all the time to get RP more attention. While I know these tactics are not right, I don't blame these supporters for their actions. It's the results of our government controlled media that gives our candidate unfair coverage.

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
I blame the MSM for all the idiotic things some RP supporters are doing. If the MSM gave RP fair coverage like they do the other candidates, the RP supporters wouldn't have to cross the line all the time to get RP more attention. While I know these tactics are not right, I don't blame these supporters for their actions. It's the results of our government controlled media that give our candidate unfair coverage.

I dont agree. Some people just love to cause trouble and will use any flimsy excuse to do it. Even if Paul was getting tons of coverage people would just find other reasons to do disrespectful things.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 10:09 AM
I dont agree. Some people just love to cause trouble and will use any flimsy excuse to do it. Even if Paul was getting tons of coverage people would just find other reasons to do disrespectful things.

yer wrong of course.

HTH:D
Randy

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Im not wrong. I've seen proof. Some people love to cause trouble.

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I've nailed up hundreds of signs to telephone poles, you are completely missing the point.

No, i think you are.

What more proof do we need that we're in a police state when we have to worry about putting up signs?

Or is it the point that people don't want to go to jail for something that silly?

Sorry, but I can't be that angry about a guy watching his own back.

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Well you guys that have no problem breaking rules and being rude do it your way.
We'll do it our way.
And other people will do it their way.

Good luck to everyone.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Im not wrong. I've seen proof. Some people love to cause trouble.

Yeah.. Like wannabe sherriffs and their colleagues.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Well you guys that have no problem breaking rules and being rude do it your way.
We'll do it our way.
And other people will do it their way.

Good luck to everyone.

Yes.. Congratulations for getting it. You have just won the intertubes thread capper award.

HTH
randy

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
We're all breaking rules putting up signs so please take off the silly hat.

Do you think the boston tea party participants were worried about being seen as "Rude"?

Give me a break.

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Yes.. Congratulations for getting it. You have just won the intertubes thread capper award.

HTH
randy

If By 'getting it' you mean realizing that some people cant see common sense or have common decency, then yeah. I'm hella smart.

familydog
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
...And people here wonder why the GOP hates us? Maybe it's not all about ideology.

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
We're all breaking rules putting up signs so please take off the silly hat.

Do you think the boston tea party participants were worried about being seen as "Rude"?

Give me a break.

They were doing things in a different age and a different time. You have to adapt. And... I dont think you an compare being anoying with signs to the boston tea party.

Akus
01-24-2008, 10:23 AM

Sir, I totally agree, sir. Our idiots, sir, cause us more harm then all the biased media together. SIR!!!!

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 10:25 AM
The boston tea party is only a massive event in retrospect.
It was just a small group of people deciding to do something to protest.

Putting up signs when there isn't a vote is illegal.

As RP supporters we put up signs to counteract the MSM's media blackout.

I'm not going to alienate people who will go out and put up signs because I feel like Poo-poo'ing how he slide down a hill.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 10:26 AM
...And people here wonder why the GOP hates us? Maybe it's not all about ideology.

STFU.. The military industrial clowns hate us for placing a stick of dynamite up their rectum and lighting the fuse of their demise. get yer facts straight. Seems to me we have a heck of alot of republicans in the RP camp so again..yer statement is off base.

Thanks
Randy

dementedme
01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
As someone who can't add up the amount of time I've spent painting signs and putting them up only to have bureaucrats like Mr. Sheriff-Wannabe take them down minutes later, I can't even work up a modicum of pity for him.

I'm sure, of course, he has some evidence and won't just go spreading unsubstantiated rumors. Because that would be very un-sheriff like. Wait...nevermind.

For the record, I've stopped people from accosting other people's signs.

gotta agree here...

to the OP-

he bitches to you about the sign, but our paul signs are taken down by sherriff's all over the county....

tell him to go fuck himself and walk away.

besides, the only reason you're here bitching at us, is because you let him intimidate you.

if he does not support paul's campaign, then he's FOR the other guys. and fuck them too.

the time for playing nice is over... they have been throwing racist 'mud' at us, and im sick of being dirty.

driller80545
This is the same old arguement. Old people are stupid and shouldn't be allowed to vote because they aren't for Ron Paul. When I go out and act stupid I am just emulating the founding fathers. Horse shit

colin1
This is just silly...why in the world would a ron paul supporter take down a sign for someone that's running for sheriff? It doesn't make any sense. And everyone knows that when ron paul supporters go sign-planting we always bring our own sleds, to make a quick getaway from the po-po. :D

More ron paul supporter bashing, my favorite topic. Because we all know an establishment GOP candidate would never make up such a story. <sarcasm>

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:32 AM
gotta agree here...

he bitches to you about the sign, but our paul signs are taken down by sherriff's all over the county....

if he does not support paul's campaign, then he's FOR the other guys. and fuck them too.

the time for playing nice is over... they have been throwing racist 'mud' at us, and im sick of being dirty.

If you're not with us youre against us - Bush.

Great.

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 10:33 AM
gotta agree here...

Agree.

You want to win you can't play nice.
it's just not how politics work.

That doesnt mean you can't be right and have ideals though.

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Agree.

You want to win you can't play nice.
it's just not how politics work.

That doesnt mean you can't be right and have ideals though.

Sure if we can use their own rules to our advantage, fine! Lets play dirty when it counts and when we can actually acomplish something. I dont think taking downs omeone elses sign to put up a Paul sign is going to win the election though. We gotta know when to pick our battles. And the election process and getting delegates is our biggest battle.

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I think turning up your nose at a guy who is down for the movement because he took down some jerks sign isn't right either.

It's really not a big deal.

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
If one guy does it its not a big deal, sure. Some people are just a little to overzealous in their appreciation of Paul. Thats fine. But when you couple that thing with other supporters acting up, and the fact that the media hates us and will use any excuse to make us seem crazy.. it just all gets to be too much.
it doesnt cost us anything to be respectful. But being rude costs us a lot in the way of image.

cero
01-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I LOLED u guys make me proud!

steph3n
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM

Great.

Irony is many of the Ron Paul supporters doing exactly this following the BUSH DOCTRINE!

werdd
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
dont ever tell a police officer to fuck off, i told one to bug off once, trust me dont do it.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I promise to never slide down a hill on a wannabe Sherriff's sign ever. That sounds pretty hard to do in hard scrabble Arizona. These stories just keep-a-pumping though and we gotta view this crap daily from anal retentives. I could give a good goddamn about this Sherriff clown and his "officers". They/their colleagues and brethren pull down RP signs and harrass us for sign waving all the time. Tell them to go whine on the cops forum where they think a 92 year old Atlanta woman deserved to be shot in a bogus drug raid.

HTH
Randy

At least 80% of the local police I've spoken too are positive towards Ron Paul. Since we campaign at a lot of large events where there are always cops we've had the opportunity to talk to a lot of them. Many have given us thumbs up when sign waving at interstections. My brother-in-law is a SA gang unit detective and he likes everything about Ron Paul except his foreign policy position which is the only thing holding back his vote(still working on him). There is absolutely no good reason to alienate one of their brothers to Ron Paul, when he is not competing against Ron Paul. Especially when he could become the top cop in the county. Could make a HUGE difference in how long our signs stay up.

The issue isn't about the actions of some cops. There are plenty of them that are downright bad. Just as there are plenty that are great people. The issue is getting Ron Paul elected. Our actions when representing him should be positive towards achieving that goal, and that goal alone.

If you want to bash cops, grow some balls and do it on the "cops forum" you speak of.

San Antonio is not in Arizona.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I think it was hilarious.. but also 'wrong' at the same time.

I like the idea of the meetup group putting up a few signs for the sheriff candidate as a sign of good faith.. I'm sure the guy will appreciate the gesture and you might just gain a supporter.

I emailed him last night and made the offer. Several of our members have offered to do it. Haven't heard back from him yet.

ceakins
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM

But this guy is running for Sherrif not president.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
No, i think you are.

What more proof do we need that we're in a police state when we have to worry about putting up signs?

Or is it the point that people don't want to go to jail for something that silly?

Sorry, but I can't be that angry about a guy watching his own back.

Who is worried about putting up signs? I do it all the time. No one had a problem with the person putting up the Ron Paul sign. It was when the person, representing Ron Paul, took down the other sign.

dementedme
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM

Great.

look at what they are promoting. you want to be associated with that camp?

everyone is WITH them.... they're all against US.... remember where you're coming from.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 10:53 AM
But this guy is running for Sherrif not president.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Build a fleet of Romney, Huckabee, McCain and Giuliani sleds. Let's all meet in Vail.

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:54 AM
look at what they are promoting. you want to be associated with that camp?

everyone is WITH them.... they're all against US.... remember where you're coming from.

"they're all against us" Who is they?

dementedme
01-24-2008, 10:57 AM
"they're all against us" Who is they?

hmm well lets see...

bankers
neocons
democrats
ge
haliburton
northrop grumman
fox
cnn
rupert murdoch
the rockafellers
war mongers

etc etc

Jae0
01-24-2008, 10:58 AM
hmm well lets see...

bankers
neocons
democrats
ge
haliburton
northrop grumman
fox
cnn
rupert murdoch
the rockafellers
war mongers

etc etc

I didnt see 'People running for sheriff'.

dementedme
01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
I didnt see 'People running for sheriff'.

right thats what et cetera means.....

Jae0
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Well unless I have a detailed list I wont know how paranoid I need to be.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 11:03 AM
right thats what et cetera means.....

The federalization of our law enforcement is a critical issue. No one is arguing that.

However, alienating a local Sheriff candidate who is not competing against Ron Paul can have a big impact on how our signs are treated. There is no good reason to do it.

driller80545
01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Actually, a couple of months ago a national law enforcement union endorsed RP for supporting their efforts to get bullet proof vests. I don't remember the details, but it was good support.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-24-2008, 11:07 AM
You know if you were crafty you could stand by a Ron Paul sign act like you are putting it up. Watch both directions with a helper.

Then take down some other sign when a cop could see you but not stop. Across a divided highway or something. This really would not be that hard to stage.

Or the whole thing could be made up.

Did they retrieve this sign that became a sled? Did they dust for prints? (dont laugh) Tearing down signs is a crime. They could have treated it as such.

Were the people tearing down the signs a cops kid and he acted like he was chasing them?

Stranger things have happened.

But offering to put up some signs is a good way to deal with this and maybe make them think some RP people are not crazy.

Cleaner44
01-24-2008, 11:19 AM

+1

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
You know if you were crafty you could stand by a Ron Paul sign act like you are putting it up. Watch both directions with a helper.

Then take down some other sign when a cop could see you but not stop. Across a divided highway or something. This really would not be that hard to stage.

This is true. Not as likely as it being a Ron Paul supporter though.

Or the whole thing could be made up.

Did they retrieve this sign that became a sled? Did they dust for prints? (dont laugh) Tearing down signs is a crime. They could have treated it as such.

Were the people tearing down the signs a cops kid and he acted like he was chasing them?

Stranger things have happened.

But offering to put up some signs is a good way to deal with this and maybe make them think some RP people are not crazy.

Nothing is outside the realm of possibility, but the story is probably true, IMO. I was cooperative and didn't want to grill him too much. I didn't ask what was done with the sign. If the local cops wanted to hamper our Ron Paul campaign, they would just target our signs and hassle us. They wouln't have to make up some story.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 11:28 AM
If you want to bash cops, grow some balls and do it on the "cops forum" you speak of.

San Antonio is not in Arizona.

Did so. I also realize after reading the thread title a second time I was off base about Arizona. But isn't San Antonio \hard scrabble land too.. Were the hell does sliding dow a hill get put into play and how. It ain't snow on the ground there..

I also have the local cops voting for RP.. But the actions of those officers was not what I would consider in the purview of law enforcement. Chasing down sign bashers... if they actually did exist, which according to a Colombo based analysis of timelines did not happen as they said it did... when there are unsolved burglaries and murders and rapes is super high priority for those who do not take their jobs seriously..

And please quit it with the ambassadorial stuff. We were not born yesterday and is condescending. Like yer the only one with manners when dealing with the public. Give me a huge fucking break here..

Thanks
Randy

Shink
01-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Victimizing private property is stupid and not in line with Ron Paul's beliefs at all. The problem to me is what are we to do when someone attacks OUR signs? /Romneybastards

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Did so. I also realize after reading the thread title a second time I was off base about Arizona. But isn't San Antonio \hard scrabble land too.. Were the hell does sliding dow a hill get put into play and how. It ain't snow on the ground there..

I also have the local cops voting for RP.. But the actions of those officers was not what I would consider in the purview of law enforcement. Chasing down sign bashers... if they actually did exist, which according to a Colombo based analysis of timelines did not happen as they said it did... when there are unsolved burglaries and murders and rapes is super high priority for those who do not take their jobs seriously..

And please quit it with the ambassadorial stuff. We were not born yesterday and is condescending. Like yer the only one with manners when dealing with the public. Give me a huge fucking break here..

Thanks
Randy

They slid on the grass. Don't quit your day job, the detective thing ain't for you.

damoncrowe
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Who else is sick and tired of other Ron Paul supporters bitching about how THEY are being treated? They are not running for president, Paul is. Whether you like it or not the dumb shit YOU do creates a negative image to prospective voters for Ron Paul. SO give this "poor me, their attacking us" crap a rest and act like a civilized citizen for Dr. Paul. We are all aware of the media blackout, sign stealing, smears, etc., etc. But quit acting like a bratty little four year old and remember that your actions may hurt Paul.
With that being said I LMAO about the sliding down the hill.