PDA

View Full Version : Question on an idea ?

realist
01-23-2008, 10:02 PM
I find the number of voices in the forum (as well as the ideas posted) to be staggering and difficult to keep up with. There are lots of great ideas, and some not so good ones. There's also lots of repatition and not enough organization (imho). So I question if this forum could be a better "resource", or at least a more efficient "tool", that the campaign could utilize without committing huge resources to "sorting through the noise".

The campaign suggestion box appears to get very little activity but any thread that is intended to provide idea's or suggestions to the campaign gets flooded to the point where it's just too difficult and time consuming to be an efficient tool for anyone but the most committed of readers.

I'm wondering if there is a way to create dynamic polling threads where we as a group can

1) define some important current breif topics. The list should be modifiable (anyone could add any topic they feel is important but the list should be kept manageablee -say 50 topics max per poll)

and

2) Even if we don't add a topic, We could all rate (using 1,2 and 3) what we feel are the most importance topics/ideas to us from the list.

The results would be displayed as a simple chart showing the top 10 topics/ideas to give the campaign (and us) a quick overview of what the grassroots beleives are priorities in the form of real time polling data ( without having to read through hundreds or thousands of posts).

Just as an example. One could be done on issues we feel should be brought up at an upcoming debate.

Is something like this doable or of benefit?