PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanon on MSNBC

randolphus maximus
07-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Here's a clip of him talking about Afghanistan and Iraq with Joe Scarborough. Remarkably, he sounds very similar to a certain presidential candidate who's first name begins with an "R" and ends with an "n".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEgxHLii_ic

bygone
07-31-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't know if I'd have believed that without seeing it.

pwnsey
07-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, Pat Buchanan is a constitutionalist at heart and anyone who has read any of his writings knows that his ideas nearly parallel Paul's ideals.

max
07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
maybe you guys are to young. to remember..but Buchanan challened Bush Sr. in 92 in the GOP primaries..

He ran against a sitting US president and did very well...

In 96, he beat the annointed Bob Dole in New Hampshire....He rocked the establishment big time...

But the media hate machine kicked in to high gear and he could not sustain in the long run...

I speak from experience...trust me guys....you have no idea how bad it's going to get! Get ready for a brawl!

DeadheadForPaul
07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
While I disagree with Pat on some issues, I truly believe that he wants what is best for America unlike most establishment politicians and members of the old media. Like Ron Paul, you can tell that he is speaking truth on many issues, and he is likewise dismissed by statists on both sides

paulitics
07-31-2007, 11:09 PM
maybe you guys are to young. to remember..but Buchanan challened Bush Sr. in 92 in the GOP primaries..

He ran against a sitting US president and did very well...

In 96, he beat the annointed Bob Dole in New Hampshire....He rocked the establishment big time...

But the media hate machine kicked in to high gear and he could not sustain in the long run...

I speak from experience...trust me guys....you have no idea how bad it's going to get! Get ready for a brawl!

Yeah and that hate machine was effective. I just recently realized that Buchanan is not a racist, but a patriot who loves his country and was actually speaking out against globalism (aka NWO). I associated him with the KKK and right wing extremism.. I wrote him off for years because of the filtered disinfo from the television set during my younger years.

pwnsey
07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah and that hate machine was effective. I just recently realized that Buchanan is not a racist, but a patriot who loves his country and was actually speaking out against globalism (aka NWO). I associated him with the KKK and right wing extremism.. I wrote him off for years because of the filtered disinfo from the television set during my younger years.

Many people believe with your old belief that he was a racist but it is simply because they dismiss what he says and only hear what they want. It's sad because Pat truly is an amazing man with a great set of ideals that a majority of Americans would agree with if they have read any of his works.

dmitchell
07-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Pat is the best. Paul-Buchanan '08!

Thom1776
07-31-2007, 11:39 PM

That sounds good to me!

Syren123
07-31-2007, 11:46 PM
It's funny. They'll fawn all over a big brusk guy with absolutely NOTHING to say and make him out to be the best thing since fireworks (Fred Thompson) and absolutely CRUCIFY a big brusk guy with A LOT of relevant intelligent things to say!

The MSM is truly sick. They and their masters are enemies of the state for real.

Matt Collins
07-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Perhaps we could get Tucker and Badnarik and Stossel in the cabinent somewhere with Judge Andrew Napolitano being appointed to the USSC or as Atty Gen :D

mackler
08-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Paul/Buchanan '08

Dan Klaus
08-01-2007, 01:44 AM
you have no idea how bad it's going to get! Get ready for a brawl!

Very true...better get ready folks...the msm hasn't begun to kick in with the smear campaign yet as Dr. Paul is only polling at 1 or 2%...once he wins a state - its gonna get bad...

beermotor
08-01-2007, 04:24 AM

Me too.

I still think the closed borders stuff is doomed in the long run (as are nation-states as viable entities), but I no longer think it's a "racist" opinion. Pat's a wee bit on the nationalist side for me, which is why I think Paul will do a helluva lot better in the long run than Pat. But he's an OK guy.

If Paul gets elected, may start seeing a whole lot more of Pat on TV, heh.

guntherg16
08-01-2007, 04:59 AM
Here's an excellent article about the smear campaign against Pat Buchanan.

http://www.jbs.org/node/1188

I admit that I fell for it. I regret that. I had been under the impression that Pat Buchanan was an evil man until I started reading his columns online at WorldNetDaily. I started to realize that Pat and I have very similar beliefs.

Things will be different this time around because now we have the internet to educate people and fight the MSM smear.

Lesgov
08-01-2007, 05:46 AM
I supported Pat in all three of his runs(92, 96, and 2000). Ron is a constitutionalist like Buchanan.
I think the biggest problem for Pat is that he was before his time. The people could just not see all the problems that Pat could see.
Now we have Ron saying all most the same things, I hope the timing is right this time. I don't think this country is going to get another chance at getting back to it's original intent after the next election.

JS4Pat
08-01-2007, 08:04 AM

Here is a hint as to how bad it might get...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/latulippe/latulippe80.html

gravesdav
08-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I originally got into the idea of blowback from Buchanan's book Where the Right Went Wrong. I really wanted Buchanan to run, but when I watched the first debate I was very happy to see Ron Paul talking about these kind of things.

james1844
08-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Its entirely possible that our candidate will get the same treatment if he shows any strength in the primaries.

It might make sense to begin having a conversation about how to effectively deal with this.

torchbearer
08-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Hell Yeh! That ticket should be announced early!

torchbearer
08-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Perhaps we could get Tucker and Badnarik and Stossel in the cabinent somewhere with Judge Andrew Napolitano being appointed to the USSC or as Atty Gen :D

The All-Stars of Freedom!

shadowhooch
08-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Its entirely possible that our candidate will get the same treatment if he shows any strength in the primaries.

It might make sense to begin having a conversation about how to effectively deal with this.

I don't think there is any doubt that the smear campaign will start as Ron Paul is more successful.
Unfortunately, he can easily be painted by the media as an 'extremist' and sadley, close-minded poeple (which are MOST poeple) will believe it without taking the time to find out themselves.

I don't know of a great way to effectively deal with mass media slander. This will be tough.

guntherg16
08-01-2007, 06:16 PM

I agree 100%.

Wyurm
08-01-2007, 06:23 PM
From reading this thread, it looks like you guys don't know that Buchanan is a Paul supporter. Here's a link to his site: http://buchanan.org/blog/?cat=25

Specifically that's his RP news section.

Sean
08-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Yep they are doing the same thing to Ron as they did to Pat. all you have to do is look for the word "isolationist".

Lesgov
08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Pat's sister, Bay Buchanan managed his campaigns. She is now managing Tancredo's. Hopefully Tancredo will drop out soon, then I think you will see Pat get more on board for Ron.