PDA

View Full Version : ABC News: Prelim results McCain 1st, Paul 2nd, Romney 3rd in Louisiana Caucuses

skiingff
01-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Senator John McCain has won the Republican party's caucuses in Louisiana while long-shot candidate Ron Paul took second place this morning, the state party said, citing preliminary results.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, a leading candidate for the Republican nomination, came in third, Louisiana Republican party Chairman Roger Villere said in a statement.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/24/2145586.htm

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5i2YCtBg15ovSmHo1y23Qc4oc_cdQ

Just some sources we can use to get the info. out.

nodope0695
01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
There they go using that damn word, "longshot". Sheesh. Second place is NOT longshot.

deehrler
01-23-2008, 08:49 PM
How can you be considered 'long shot' when you come in 2nd in two elections?

Amazing.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-23-2008, 08:51 PM

Amazing.

Amazing, amazing.

Let's make Ron Paul a "longshot" President. See how they try to spin that.

Opulen
01-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Prelim results?? Does it mean its not yet over? Go win Ron Paul!!

Dave Wood
Long-shot means Ron Paul can hit the long distance target with extreme accuracy, a "sharphsooter", "sniper" if you will.:D:eek:

werdd
Ron Paul won louisiana.

HarbingerOfTruth
I want to see:

"Long shot Ron Paul wins first place in ______ state"

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-23-2008, 08:53 PM

Probably means the counting isn't over yet and there are still provisional ballots coming in.

Falseflagop
I thought RON PAUL won all the districts except one?

WTF

Ironyinc

Yeah, provisional ballots are still being counted and could get us a few more delegates.

wfd40
how the fuck did mcCain win this thing?? honestly.. i've read through every thread on the LA caucus and this just boggles my mind

Micahyah
01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Let's start pushing this theme out:

Ron Paul has beaten EVERY SINGLE GOP candidate in one of the early contests.

How can he still be described as a longshot?

thomaspaine23
Long Shot - Ron Paul wins republican nomination....:)

nate895
There they go using that damn word, "longshot". Sheesh. Second place is NOT longshot.

The good thing is that we have a 50 caliber rifle, able to knock off someone at a 2.5 mile range.

Xenophage
01-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Wait for this one to air:

"Long-shot presidential hopeful Ron Paul walks away with 30% of the delegates to the Republican National Convention after yesterday's Super Tuesday primaries, beating front-runners John McCain and Mitt Romney."

I will laugh so hard I'll piss my pants.

literatim
McCain didn't win crap.

ihsv
Hmmm... I'll bet they tout McCain as the "Priliminary" winner, and when the final results are in and it turns out RP is the real winner, they'll skip over it and talk about Brittany Spear's latest meltdown.

RSLudlum

geez, what do you expect from Joseph Goebbels' disciples?

----"The rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious."

-----"The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly ... it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”

Crickett
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
how the fuck did mcCain win this thing?? honestly.. i've read through every thread on the LA caucus and this just boggles my mind

It is totally screwed up..BUT above post was very cool..We have now beaten every candidate at least once. We got Romney that time...I am PUMPED!

kirkblitz
yes i find it funny that second is longshot. Wtf is third then?

thomaspaine23
Wierd though, I thought the "ronald reagan" delegates won LA, followed by Paul delegates?

TSOL
01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Long Shot Ron Paul wins his second term as President

literatim
01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Wierd though, I thought the "ronald reagan" delegates won LA, followed by Paul delegates?

They have so far. This article is complete crap.

kaligula
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
This is not ABC News. This is an Australian news outlet...

Falseflagop
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
RON won NOT 100yr McCain

TSOL
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm confused ?

Why are some people saying PAUL won ?

Did he or ...........?

jlaker
01-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Did we win or not? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

constitutional
01-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Did we win or not? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

This is preliminary, and no WE DID NOT WIN. We placed 2nd place. All votes are in.

Crickett
01-23-2008, 09:03 PM
yes i find it funny that second is longshot. Wtf is third then?

Oh..remember? Third gets no mention..unless RP comes in 2nd...

CurtisLow
01-23-2008, 09:04 PM
This is out of Australia

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3875/zzzzzzzzgr2.jpg

HarbingerOfTruth
01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Republican Party of Louisiana Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr. today announced the preliminary results of delegate elections held at GOP caucuses across the state on Tuesday evening.

More than 10,000 Republican voters met at 11 locations around Louisiana to choose delegates to the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention, which will elect nearly all of Louisiana's delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"Preliminary results show that a majority of the 105 state convention delegates who have been elected ran on a statewide pro-life uncommitted slate," Villere said. "I congratulate the candidates and supporters of this group on their victory and look forward to working with them to keep our Party platform pro-life at the state and national conventions," he said.

Delegate candidates endorsed by US Senator John McCain (R-AZ) appear to have won more state convention delegate positions than any other presidential slate at the Louisiana Caucuses.

"I offer my congratulations Senator John McCain on his success in the Louisiana caucuses," Villere said. "Senator McCain is an American hero and this is further evidence that he enjoys strong support in Louisiana and throughout the South," he said.

Supporters of Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) appear to have captured the next highest number of delegate positions.

"I applaud the supporters of Congressman Paul for their enthusiasm and superior organizational ability," Villere said. "Our Party needs the infusion of new activists who have both political skill and a passion for protecting the freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution," he said. "I left the caucus with a renewed commitment to promote our core Republican principles of limited government and individual freedom, thanks to the zeal displayed by Congressman Paul's Louisiana supporters," Villere said.

In addition to the uncommitted delegates and McCain and Paul supporters, Governor Mitt Romney appears to have won a handful of state convention delegates.

"Governor Romney and his team have worked hard for over a year in Louisiana to build a strong organization," Villere said. "The Governor has been to Louisiana more than any other GOP candidate, including one trip specifically to appear at a state party fundraising dinner," he said. "Governor Romney has shown a commitment to Louisiana that is second to none and the strong support he has here is an indication that Louisiana Republicans are excited about his candidacy," Villere said.

Results from Louisiana's Republican caucuses and the informal designation of a "winning slate" are preliminary for two reasons. First, about 500 individuals who attended the event were not shown to be registered Republicans on voter rolls. These individuals were allowed to cast "provisional ballots," which are not included in the current candidate tallies on the Party's website, www.lagop.com. State Party staffers are currently working with Registrars of Voters across the state to confirm with certainty the eligibility of each candidate. Party rules allow anyone registered as Republican as of November 30, 2007 to have voted last evening. The ballots of those who are found eligible will be added to totals and the outcomes of some races in Districts 1,2,4,5 and 6 could possibly be affected.

Second, candidates for delegate in Louisiana historically have run on one or another slate, but not on multiple slates. This year, however, many candidates ran on more than one slate. There was significant overlap, for example, between the McCain and Pro-Life slates. So determination of which slate won is not as clear-cut. But it certainly appears that the order was: Uncommitted Pro-Life, McCain, Paul, Romney, others.

Identification of candidates with the various slates is not an official Party function and such analysis is provided solely as a courtesy to members of the press and as a response to the numerous inquiries received by the Party regarding this topic.

Results of provisional ballot analysis will be updated regularly on the Party's website until a final count is reached.

Chairman Villere wishes to thank everyone who participated in the 2008 Louisiana Caucuses.

http://www.lagop.com/

thomaspaine23
01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
LOL what spin!!!

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MWI2ZjJkOTI2MzBlMTgxNmY2ZDQ3ODlmZTZkOTE5YjY=

Delegate candidates endorsed by US Senator John McCain (R-AZ) appear to have won more state convention delegate positions than any other presidential slate at the Louisiana Caucuses.

Results from Louisiana's Republican caucuses and the informal designation of a "winning slate" are preliminary for two reasons. First, about 500 individuals who attended the event were not shown to be registered Republicans on voter rolls. These individuals were allowed to cast "provisional ballots," which are not included in the current candidate tallies on the Party's website, www.lagop.com. State Party staffers are currently working with Registrars of Voters across the state to confirm with certainty the eligibility of each candidate. Party rules allow anyone registered as Republican as of November 30, 2007 to have voted last evening. The ballots of those who are found eligible will be added to totals and the outcomes of some races in Districts 1,2,4,5 and 6 could possibly be affected.

Second, candidates for delegate in Louisiana historically have run on one or another slate, but not on multiple slates. This year, however, many candidates ran on more than one slate. There was significant overlap, for example, between the McCain and Pro-Life slates. So determination of which slate won is not as clear-cut. But it certainly appears that the order was: Uncommitted Pro-Life, McCain, Paul, Romney, others

So it may be that those 500 votes will sway this towards paul....
Announce McCain wins before count is done, then don't have a news announcement if the later results shift to Paul....

billyjoeallen
01-23-2008, 09:06 PM
It wasn't a distant second this time. There is still a good chance he will beat ol' Boots-on-the-ground McCain with the provisional ballots.

AFM
01-23-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=238989

It appears that John McCain won the Louisiana Caucus, Ron Paul placed second, and Mitt Romney came in third.

State party officials cautioned that the results were preliminary. In order for a voter to be eligible to participate in the Caucus they must have been registered with the state Republican Party by November 30 2007. Party official are still verifying provisional ballots for newly registered voters which may boost Paul’s numbers a little since most of the newly registered voters supported his candidacy.

RlxdN10sity
01-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm sure they will still refer to Paul as a second tier candidate along with the long shot crap. Apparently the Pro-life slate was put together by all non-Paul candidates to dillute Ron's supporters impact on the caucus. So, preliminarily it is Pro-Life/Pro-Family Uncommitted 1st, John McCain 2nd, Ron Paul 3rd, Romney 4th. There are about 500 provisional ballots that still have to be confirmed eligible and added to the totals.

http://www.madisonthacker.com/2008/01/gop-agenda-stop-ron-paul-at-all-costs.html

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MWI2ZjJkOTI2MzBlMTgxNmY2ZDQ3ODlmZTZkOTE5YjY=

Zydeco
01-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Re "longshot":

When words lose their meanings, systemic collapse is near.

Goldwater Conservative
01-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I want to see:

"Long shot Ron Paul wins first place in ______ state"

"Long shot Ron Paul wins 50 states, the District of Columbia, and over 60% of the popular vote in his presidential reelection bid. No word yet on if the fringe commander-in-chief plans to leave the GOP for no apparent reason to hold office as an isolationist Libertarian who eats babies."

AlbemarleNC0003
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
"Long shot Ron Paul wins 50 states, the District of Columbia, and over 60% of the popular vote in his presidential reelection bid. No word yet on if the fringe commander-in-chief plans to leave the GOP for no apparent reason to hold office as an isolationist Libertarian who eats babies."

Can was change the slogan a bit? We might scare some people off.

Give me liberty
01-23-2008, 09:18 PM
This is preliminary, and no WE DID NOT WIN. We placed 2nd place. All votes are in.

wrong not until feb 9

RlxdN10sity
01-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Long shot Paul wins majority of available delegates from Feb. 5th voting. During interview "if you do not get the nomination will you run 3rd party?"

AlexMerced
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
we need to hit 10% to get rid of "longshot" we peaked at 8%, shot down to 2%, and thanks to the effort of the precinct leaders are back to 6%, we can hit 10, just keep fighting.

Now we're officially beat every candidate in some state or other.

Giuliani is the only candidate left who hasn't done this :), oh and Keyes if he counts

Corydoras
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM

I literally rolled on the floor laughing out loud at that. Thank you.

RCRanger03
01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
we should get Brad Neely the guy who made the Washington, and JFK animated shorts to make a ron paul one

Check out the Wshington one ... freaking hilarious
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=908119672

JFK one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCrovnNGdSg&NR=1

randomname
01-23-2008, 09:24 PM
This whole "longshot" BS is starting to get laughable.

When our guy starts winning states we should put out a commercial

"Ron Paul"
"2nd in NV"
"1st in FL"
"1st in LA"
"I'm Ron Paul and I'm a longshot candidate" all serious

:D

satchelmcqueen
01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
" Obamah and Clinton to go head to head with fringe candidate Ron Paul; tonight at the debate after top tier candidates McCain, Romney and Huckabee drop out due to money problems and low vote turn out."

Paul Revered
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
What's this?

Ron Paul "Victorious" in Louisiana Caucus
Ron Paul beats out all other Republican nominees for president in yesterday's Louisiana Caucus.

Theunofficial results of over 10,000 individuals participating in the 2008Louisiana Caucus are in and the winner is... RON PAUL !!! Garneringmore votes than any other candidate, Ron Paul gathers a strong boost ofmomentum heading into the Florida and Super Tuesday primaries. Thismomentum comes atop another solid $2 million fundraising effort onMartin Luther King Jr. Day leaving Paul with enough money and supportto challenge the more publicized front runners. Dr. Paul's platform canbe viewed here:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Mitt Romneyscored a respectable second place. John McCain, Mike Huckabee, and RudyGuliani were unable to win a single delegate. A large number of voterswere also uncommitted at this late stage in the process. The officialpress release of the Louisiana GOP office is quoted below:

OnTuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicanscaucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending thecaucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates torepresent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana RepublicanConvention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and thenreported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of thethousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

Beforethese provisional ballots are counted, LAGOP staff must verify that thevoter was a registered Republican voter in his or her congressionaldistrict as of November 30, 2007. The counting of provisional ballotsin the 3rd and 7th Congressional districts is not needed to verify theresults as the margin of victory for all winning candidates is largerthan the number of provisional ballots casts. For the other fiveCongressional districts, Republican Party staff members will begin theprocess of verifying the results through each parish's registrar ofvoter's office. Once that process is complete, the Secretary of theRepublican of Louisiana will certify the official results.

Free Image Hosting - Photolava.com

satchelmcqueen
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
This whole "longshot" BS is starting to get laughable.

When our guy starts winning states we should put out a commercial

"Ron Paul"
"2nd in NV"
"1st in FL"
"1st in LA"
"I'm Ron Paul and I'm a longshot candidate" all serious

:D

Love it. He should do just that!

darbsllim
01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
so what are the numbers? When can we expect to see them? I took a look at the results but couldn't make heads or tales from them

Lesgov
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
"Long shot" may not be so bad, lots of people cheer for the underdog.

randomname
01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Seriously, we don't need attack ads against other candidates. We need attack ads against the media.

Some time soon the spin will start to get really bad. We should put out an ad in this theme where we just make fun of the whole media spin.

Maybe a superbowl ad. That would be legendary.

You guys are coming up with some real funny lines :D

thomaspaine23
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
You know Paul should do an AD and make fun of the media,
something like

Hi I'm Ron Paul the candidate the media calls a longshot, I placed 2nd in Nevada, beat Ghoulie 4 times, Mcain twice, etc. etc.
So when the media says longshot, remember that's 2nd place....

something like that, which would point out the media's bias

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 09:39 PM
You know Paul should do an AD and make fun of the media,
something like

Hi I'm Ron Paul the candidate the media calls a longshot, I placed 2nd in Nevada, beat Ghoulie 4 times, Mcain twice, etc. etc.
So when the media says longshot, remember that's 2nd place....

something like that, which would point out the media's bias

If done right, this would be a great and humorous ad!

liberty_Forever
01-23-2008, 09:48 PM

Give me liberty
01-23-2008, 09:48 PM

Wait for the official results

Thanehand
01-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Why does it take so long to count 650 ballots?

louisiana4liberty
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Why is the thread starter so eager to get the unofficial word out? I know RP provisional voters whose votes have not been considered yet. Why post misinformation to the MSM?

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I called New Orleans WWL AM 870 Deke " Big Chief" Bellavia show last night and gave his audience my best RP pitch: free trade, hard money, 700 bases in 130 countries empire, war on drugs, the welfare state, corporate welfare....he gave me a lot of time, and was very cool.

Hope it helped....

ronpaulfan
01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
WOW

2nd place is considered "long shot" and 3rd place is "leading"

Distortion doesn't get much obvious than this. Someone toss it on digg :D

Feelgood
01-23-2008, 10:16 PM
How the hell does McCain win, and not Ron Paul? This is getting old...

Mark37snj
01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
What's this?

Ron Paul "Victorious" in Louisiana Caucus
Ron Paul beats out all other Republican nominees for president in yesterday's Louisiana Caucus.

Theunofficial results of over 10,000 individuals participating in the 2008Louisiana Caucus are in and the winner is... RON PAUL !!! Garneringmore votes than any other candidate, Ron Paul gathers a strong boost ofmomentum heading into the Florida and Super Tuesday primaries. Thismomentum comes atop another solid $2 million fundraising effort onMartin Luther King Jr. Day leaving Paul with enough money and supportto challenge the more publicized front runners. Dr. Paul's platform canbe viewed here:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Mitt Romneyscored a respectable second place. John McCain, Mike Huckabee, and RudyGuliani were unable to win a single delegate. A large number of voterswere also uncommitted at this late stage in the process. The officialpress release of the Louisiana GOP office is quoted below:

OnTuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicanscaucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending thecaucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates torepresent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana RepublicanConvention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and thenreported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of thethousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

Beforethese provisional ballots are counted, LAGOP staff must verify that thevoter was a registered Republican voter in his or her congressionaldistrict as of November 30, 2007. The counting of provisional ballotsin the 3rd and 7th Congressional districts is not needed to verify theresults as the margin of victory for all winning candidates is largerthan the number of provisional ballots casts. For the other fiveCongressional districts, Republican Party staff members will begin theprocess of verifying the results through each parish's registrar ofvoter's office. Once that process is complete, the Secretary of theRepublican of Louisiana will certify the official results.

Free Image Hosting - Photolava.com

Do you have a link for this?

WebFX
01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Amazing, amazing.

Amazing amazing amazing!!!

WebFX
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM

Amazing.

Yeah.. what should 3rd place Mitt Romney be called then? "Distant and abysmally-fated candidate Mitt Romney..."

Detonator
01-23-2008, 11:25 PM
I think we should send Ron an "Underdog" t-shirt to wear.
http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a1/5f/caa5_1.JPG

MrCobaltBlue
01-23-2008, 11:33 PM
How the hell does McCain win, and not Ron Paul? This is getting old...

Yeah you think the candidate who wants to get rid of FEMA would get 100% of the votes in LA...

Coola
01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Do you have a link for this?

http://www.nolanchart.com/article1392.html

Ronin
01-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Nothing to see here. Everyone reading this thread should go to the "Winning Louisianna" forum and get the real scoop.

linusPAULing
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah you think the candidate who wants to get rid of FEMA would get 100% of the votes in LA...

I agree. Somehow we need to market this point to ALL gulf states asap!

joe77
01-24-2008, 12:25 AM
fraud...Mccain did not win in LA it's impossible.

Listen it's impossible for Mccain to win LA without fraud being involved. Call the LAGOP tomorrow. Go to the state capital to protest.