PDA

View Full Version : Angry Paul Caller

Fields
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Well he gets pretty pumped up for a reason and I think whoever this radio host was, seemed disrespectful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxXgnA1DUCk

Gunny Bob show on 850am KOA last night. Gunny Bob is retired from the Marines Corps, a 20 year veteran. His webpage where you will find the audio link: http://www.850koa.com/pages/gunnybob.html

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
The "yes you are", "no I'm not" argument is dumb. An intelligent debate about declaration of war would've been better. This guy was a little embarrassing. :o

nodope0695
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow...dude got pissed. I can't say he did much to further our cause, but I do agree with his points.

Animalm0ther3
01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Im impressed he remained that articulate while being that angry. And the host was blissfully ignorant.

mugen
01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I couldn't help but to laugh.

Eponym_mi
01-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I see anger management classes in someone's future.

Trigonx
01-23-2008, 08:09 PM
damn now thats some anger, and i'm damn surprised he was able to speak his points while being that angry.

Shabow
01-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Poor guy :(

I'm not laughing. That is one of our military vets, he probably is suffering from a bad case of post-traumatic stress syndrome.

God bless him.

itshappening
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
is that Derek from here?

faisal
the TV radio host is not real... sounds like a soundboard.

FreedomProsperityPeace
The host purposefully wound the caller up, and the guy fell right into the trap. These people have an agenda to portray Ron Paul and his supporters as nuts.

Don't help them, folks. Keep your head and always act in an intelligent manner. Come with facts and rational, sober arguments.

Phantom
I love the end of the call when the guy says, in a calm voice, after screaming his points across, "except for Ron Paul" ;)

Ara825
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I hope he remember to breath after he disconnected the call. I wonder how high his blood pressure was.

Fields
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I found out more info.

Gunny Bob show on 850am KOA last night. Gunny Bob is retired from the Marines Corps, a 20 year veteran. His webpage where you will find the audio link: http://www.850koa.com/pages/gunnybob.html

louisiana4liberty
01-23-2008, 08:14 PM
+1 for some of the assclown officers in the military. Not all but some. There are a lot of military officers that disrespect their worker bees.

Seabee vet here.:D

Knightskye
01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Gotta love how it ended, though. Stops yelling and says "cept for Ron Paul."

nodope0695
01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
the TV radio host is not real... sounds like a soundboard.

No, not a sound board, a NeoCon Drone.

Jeremy
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
lol, i dont think he was serious (that angry)

cause at the end after he yelled he was like "except for ron paul"

it just sounded like a joke =p

TXcarlosTX
01-23-2008, 08:17 PM
shit was gangster....

nodope0695
01-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The host purposefully wound the caller up, and the guy fell right into the trap. These people have an agenda to portray Ron Paul and his supporters as nuts.

Don't help them, folks. Keep your head and always act in an intelligent manner. Come with facts and rational, sober arguments.

Amen ta dat!

brumans
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds fake to me

Fields
shit was gangster....

:D

Fields
I found out more info.

It was not fake, here is my post from earlier.

phree
01-23-2008, 08:20 PM

True.

emk
01-23-2008, 08:21 PM
LOL, this is cracking me up! Haha!

itshappening
01-23-2008, 08:22 PM
this guy has to be a fake outraged supporter who is trying to make us look bad.

silence is betrayal
01-23-2008, 08:23 PM
If you're not angry, you're not paying attention!!

BLS
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
That guy ain't even nowhere near mad.

Marc3579
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Um... Er...Uh... I'm confused... I think he's angry for a reason, he remained articulate under fire. I'm not sure if this was staged or not...

Crickett
01-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Sounds fake to me

Sure sounded fake at the end when he said to vote for RP..lol

Marc3579
01-23-2008, 08:34 PM
It sounded fake to too, I'm not sure if it was a sound board or not but...

emk
01-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah, it was planned... "TODAY'S REPUBLICANS ARE NOT REAL CONSERVATIVES!!!!...except for Ron Paul."

AisA1787
01-23-2008, 08:35 PM
That was pretty awesome actually.

"AARRRRRHHHH!!!!!!!! 'cept for Ron Paul."

I love it.

Seriously though, this caller didn't bother me at all. I actually enjoyed listening to him. Callers that do bother me are the ones who call in and insist on detailing every single piece of Ron Paul's resume before asking a question or conversing with the host, even when the host repeatedly asks the caller if they have a question (I catch this every other day or so on C-SPAN in the morning). Please, if you're going to call in, make one or two points about Paul, keep it upbeat and concise, and then say thanks and hang up. If people enjoyed extended, detailed resumes of accomplishments then Bill Richardson would still be running for President....

Rhys
01-23-2008, 08:35 PM
the announcer sounds like captain kirk

oh wow. I just got to the end. funny.

Trigonx
01-23-2008, 08:40 PM

I love it.

Seriously though, this caller didn't bother me at all. I actually enjoyed listening to him. Callers that do bother me are the ones who call in and insist on detailing every single piece of Ron Paul's resume before asking a question or conversing with the host, even when the host repeatedly asks the caller if they have a question (I catch this every other day or so on C-SPAN in the morning). Please, if you're going to call in, make one or two points about Paul, keep it upbeat and concise, and then say thanks and hang up. If people enjoyed extended, detailed resumes of accomplishments then Bill Richardson would still be running for President....

I hate how Bill Richardson would explain his ideas, they all sound something like the example i have below.

I would do three things with that kind of phonecaller.

First i would say a few things to make him angry

secondly I will then laugh at him

And the third thing i would do is piss him off even more.

Captain America
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
shit was gangster....

+1

2 Corinthians 3:17: Where the spirit of the Lord is there will be liberty.

Cleaner44
01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
"except for Ron Paul"

kirkblitz
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
awesome :D

dan barry
01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
That was terrific. All Ron Paul supporters need to hear this. It pumped me up for another $17.76 donation. The Sheep would get scared by this caller. But Ron Paul supporters get REVVED up by it.
I did laugh once, but its NOT a damned bit funny somehow.

HazardPerry
01-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Put it on YouTube :D:D guaranteed #1 and top Digg

Fields
01-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Now that I think about it. It is pretty awesome that someone can care about this country that much.

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 09:13 PM
It was me, sure, I lost my head a bit, but that's what happens when I see my sweet country get raped in front of my eyes. :(

I'm well past trying to "act cool" to give us a "certain image", trust me I've made hundreds of talk radio calls yoga-calm. And when I was in the military, I didn't always have a cool head, just ask any of my commanding officers, I just wish I would have crossed paths with this punk-ass lying Marine.

Yup, this piece of shit "gunny" Bob lies, bold face lies about Iraq and the constitution on a daily basis...and I happened to be driving across the Texas panhandle getting beat in the ears with his bullshit. I just couldn't take it, but towards the end, I just too a deep breath and came back from my rage....'cept for Ron Paul, y'all. ;)

Fields
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
It was me, sure, I lost my head a bit, but that's what happens when I see my sweet country get raped in front of my eyes. :(

I'm well past trying to "act cool" to give us a "certain image", trust me I've made hundreds of talk radio calls yoga-calm. And when I was in the military, I didn't always have a cool head, just ask any of my commanding officers, I just wish I would have crossed paths with this punk-ass lying Marine.

Yup, this piece of shit "gunny" Bob lies, bold face lies about Iraq and the constitution on a daily basis...and I happened to be driving across the Texas panhandle getting beat in the ears with his bullshit. I just couldn't take it, but towards the end, I just too a deep breath and came back from my rage....'cept for Ron Paul, y'all. ;)

Oh wow, would have never knew if we would ever know who it was. Seriously man that was awesome.

mugen
01-23-2008, 09:27 PM
You're a patriot my friend.

I laughed when it happened because you did such a good job at layin the smack down.

I look forward to going back and listening to this next year.

CrownThyGood
01-23-2008, 09:28 PM
yep .. i thought it was great. very passionate. there's alot of people mad about what's going on.. what's new eh.

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh wow, would have never knew if we would ever know who it was. Seriously man that was awesome.

Ehhh, it was ok, but thanks.

I'll dig up the arguments between Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Adams, Franklin [et al] and use their many many reasons why: the war declaring power, letters of marque and reprisal, capture rules, and military funding was placed in Article I (legislative powers) instead of Article II (executive powers)....to pin that piece of crap Marine to the proverbial wall of US historical truth.

Obviously the founders were indending to break the vicious cycle by their arguments, action and Article I decision, and obviously "gunny" sponge bob doesn't really expect anyone in his audience to do any fact checking.

I'll try to be cool next time, but I might just fall into his little "see, I told you RP supporters are all angry kooks" trap....we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not promising anything.

Edit: if I do put the psycho call on YouTube, I'll include his 'gotta fight them turrists in Iraq forever' b.s. monologue. This would get anyone fired up, especially if you're already aware that piping oil is priority over US military or Iraqi civilian security.

satchelmcqueen
01-23-2008, 09:41 PM
this is the same anger i feel nowdays and it is the anger our government is going to feel if they keep screwing with these election processes we are having. the one guy who can make a difference is getting cheated even out of everything he earns...RP. our government had better wake up and realize there are some very angry americans walking around right now and they better watch their step. i liked the caller myself. good for him to get that out.

satchelmcqueen
01-23-2008, 09:44 PM

i just finished reading all the replies after my first post. good job man. im with you on that call.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Hahahaha... that guy was FIRED UP!

OhioMichael
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
The call got my blood boiling. I am fed up. America is fed up. Many of us only see the internet contingent of dissent, but I can assure you it is broad based. The people who listen to conservative talk shows are fed up. Gun owners are fed up. Privacy and Civil Liberty advocates are fed up. This big-government tone to the Republicans alienates lifelong members who feel slighted, who are embarrassed by the seemingly irreversible damage that is George Bush's legacy.
Let me assure you that there are is a mass of people in this country that are fed up with our situation. If you ask me, a little anger is natural. Besides, people will identify with this type of anger because it hits home. It is true and it is delivered to the crowd that we cannot reach on the internet.
Thank you!

Gimme Some Truth
01-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I love the end of the call when the guy says, in a calm voice, after screaming his points across, "except for Ron Paul" ;)

lol yea.

The caller lost it about half way thro(tho his verbal anger is what most of us feel i bet). The host did a good job at winding him up.

I am also impressed at how he was able to talk sense whilst his head was exploding. Got me fired up for sure! :D

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
lol yea.

The host did a good job at winding him up.

No doubt. He wins hands down on that metric.

Gunny Bob 1
Angry Derek 0

But this is not over, no sir not by any means, it's just getting underway.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Please, if you're going to call in, make one or two points about Paul, keep it upbeat and concise, and then say thanks and hang up.

+1

I'm well past trying to "act cool" to give us a "certain image", trust me I've made hundreds of talk radio calls yoga-calm.

I understand your rage. A lot of us feel it. That's the driving force behind all the money, time, and energy we're devoting to Dr. Paul's campaign.

However, the argument for Congress making a declaration of war, as put forth in the Constitution, was not made. It was lost in the "you're wrong, no you're wrong" exchange. The host had no leg to stand on, so he was reduced to childish tactics to troll you and he was successful.

Now, there's more "kooky Paultard" material for them to laugh at and marginalize us with.

phree
01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
The caller added fuel to the "crazy Paulistas" fire.

Thanks for nothing.

Gimme Some Truth
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM

Gunny Bob 1
Angry Derek 0

Hey, didnt read thro the thread so didnt know it was you :D

How did you manage to stay that articulate whilst you were mad? Pretty impressive. :cool:

Also, Im sure we can do something with the last sentence:

" THESE REPUBLICANS TODAY ARE NOT CONSERVATIVE!!!! .. except for Ron Paul "

I prefer it over "He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya"

:)

CareerTech1
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
this sounds staged - but that guy is awesome raging - he sounds like he broke a blood vessel in his temple and then all the sudden, real calm "except Ron Paul"

sounds too staged

phree
01-23-2008, 10:09 PM
sounds too staged

Yeah! Didn't he kinda sound like Rudy?

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I do not think it was fake. I think he was in Iraq, and not only has he been told that he has been fighting for our Constitution, he has been fighting for our right to free speech. Good for him, I think he has every right to be angry. I cannot imagine, nor would I ever want to imagine, the pain that he feels inside.
Sir.
"Dissent is the truest form of patriotism."
God Bless Our Troops. They are victims of the Empire. I hope more speak out, and more understand where the anger should be directed.

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Now, there's more "kooky Paultard" material for them to laugh at and marginalize us with.

Please, we are there already, actually, we were successfully marginalized last Spring.

This is my first on air fit, 2nd actually [I bit off Gibson's head once]....no man, the Luntz media has already painted us bizerk, and little has changed...I'm just re-inforcing that image to the McCain/Romney dickheads...but I'm not important enough to sway good or bad, far from it. If you don't like my behaviour, please call the shows and be Mr. Rogers. I will say this, when I listen to these shows everyday, I don't hear much pro-Ron calls, not nearly enough. I'm pretty much alone.

At this point it comes down to whether or not we are knocking on doors and barnstorming the nursing homes/universities, are you doing this?

What you didn't hear in that audio was his fucked up monologue. I'll record that and you just may see it a bit differently. He pulls the de facto war argument: well Truman, LBJ, Clinton did it....so it's now constitutional to wage was assult w/out a declaration or Article I prescription. He also says that the war criticism is pure [Hegel] partisan. "Well they just don't like the Iraq war b/c Bush is Republican, if Clinton went into Iraq everthing would be different." Nope, that one does not fly.

phree
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I do not think it was fake. I think he was in Iraq, and not only has he been told that he has been fighting for our Constitution, he has been fighting for our right to free speech. Good for him, I think he has every right to be angry. I cannot imagine, nor would I ever want to imagine, the pain that he feels inside.
Sir.
God Bless Our Troops. They are victims of the Empire. I hope more speak out, and more understand where the anger should be directed.

I feel empathy for him, but that doesn't mean I'll support someone who makes us all look like idiots. God bless him, but keep him off the fucking radio and out of sight if he can't control his temper.

Ronin
01-23-2008, 10:16 PM
drill seargent in a former life?

Derek Johnson
Sir.

Not Iraq, close though, Kuwait 90-91. And God bless all of our brave troops and their excellent work and bravery. Now let's bring them hope.

revolutionary8

Forgive me Derek,
I jumped in as soon as I heard some less than congratulatory remarks, and didn't take the time to finish the thread.
:o
Good for you, and I hope that more people speak out, SHOUT if you must, I am SO SICK OF THESE LYING BASTARDS, they are all telling us to hate, when to hate, and when to forgive, and then when to hate them again!!! It is SICKENING and it must stop.
Good for you! You tellll em!

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
The caller added fuel to the "crazy Paulistas" fire.

Thanks for nothing Jackass.

Sure, anytime.

RPFP
01-23-2008, 10:19 PM
lol I like at the end ... he gets so calm when he says except for Ron Paul. That was funny.

Richie
01-23-2008, 10:20 PM
It's like a Constitutional version of Michael Savage.

RPFP
01-23-2008, 10:20 PM
lol Derek dont like Lincon lol

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I feel empathy for him, but that doesn't mean I'll support someone who makes us all look like idiots. God bless him, but keep him off the fucking radio and out of sight if he can't control his temper.

IMO, by stifling the right to free speech, and chastising free speech (at whatever volume :D) - you are doing just a fine job of making yourself looking like an idiot and worse than that- a hypocrite.
Remember, only YOU can be the idiot, and try not worrying what "politicians" think of you, or how "diplomatic"' you think ALL Paul supporters should "appear". :D

One of our biggest strengths, is that we cannot be labeled, and we don't have an "image". When people see us for themselves, they realize that we come in all shapes,sizes, political affiliations, and forms. That is the Glory of it all.

Don't taze me bro! :D

Fields
01-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I just listened again, that ending was classic.

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 10:24 PM
drill seargent in a former life?
You can't handle the truth?
Yes we can, and so can that a*hole warmongering propagandist. :D

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
He pulls the de facto war argument: well Truman, LBJ, Clinton did it....so it's now constitutional to wage was assult w/out a declaration or Article I prescription. He also says that the war criticism is pure [Hegel] partisan. "Well they just don't like the Iraq war b/c Bush is Republican, if Clinton went into Iraq everthing would be different."

I believe you. But, nothing was done to counter that view.

I'm not here to beat you up. We're on the same side. Just giving some food for thought.

luvthedoc08
01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
WOW...THAT...GUY...WAS....PISSSSED, i think he probably did go through some bad stuff in the army though, if i was killing people and watching my friends die for a bullshit cause i'd get pretty damn angry too

SeanEdwards
01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
That sounded like some drill sergeants I have known.

phree
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM

Derek, I missed this post where you acknowledge that it is you who made the call. As I posted previously I empathize with you, I've been pissed about our government since the 70's.

I still don't support what you did, and I hope you won't repeat it, but I just wanted to say that I understand how you feel.

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 10:38 PM
I believe you. But, nothing was done to counter that view.

I'm not here to beat you up. We're on the same side. Just giving some food for thought.

Next time I'll stick to the script... No I hear you man, and you're criticism is well founded, I agree 100%. I alluded to the Art I section 8 war and war actions decision and rational via Jefferson/Madison/and even fuck-face Lincoln, but you're right, I didn't zero in on the point. And like I said previously, I'll come on his show later with full evidence of the Article I section 8 decision, who was for it and why, and the few who were against it and why. He's over the hill already, wait until you hear his monologue....but it won't be the 1st lie that gunny has been caught in, not even close.

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 10:39 PM
lol Derek dont like Lincon lol
Lincoln was nominated as the 1st Republican Party candidate by the abolishionists, because he led them to believe he would free the slaves.

The South was wrong to assume Lincoln intended to free the slaves. He had never advocated action to abolish slavery nor did he speak out against the Illinois rules prohibiting blacks from testifying against whites. The true abolition candidate, Gerrit Smith of New York drew few votes. In his inaugural address Lincoln made it clear he would not interfere with slavery where it existed. Even though he made this speech after the South seceded he left the door open for their return.

Lincoln was a racist-

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."
And of course, after the war to supposedly "free the slaves"

Phil Sheridan, George Armstrong Custer and others adapted very quickly from killing rebels to the genocide of Native Americans. The South was "reconstructed" for the next 87 years. Southerners formed "brotherhoods" that featured white robes, lynchings and unanimous support for Democratic candidates in the South and West. Confederate General John B. Gordon, reputed leader of this Ku Klux Klan, was elected governor of Georgia. Blacks struggled for nearly one hundred years to gain legal and economic equality.
http://ngeorgia.com/history/why.html
Over 600,000 lives lost, and the smear campaign followed- Abraham Lincoln was the hero of Afro-Americans and the Confederates were racist, greedy slave drivers, and the war had absolutely NOTHING to do with American IMPERIALISM.
Here we go again folks. Brace yourself for the smears and lies and misinformation and censorship.
We will win this time.

Derek Johnson
Derek, I missed this post where you acknowledge that it is you who made the call. As I posted previously I empathize with you, I've been pissed about our government since the 70's.

I still don't support what you did, and I hope you won't repeat it, but I just wanted to say that I understand how you feel.

Well, let me lay on the sofa and start with my childhood....or we gonna do the inkblot?

idrake
Am I the only one who thinks that was terrible? Sure, we're all saying "yah man, you tell him", but the uninitiated listener was thinking "this guy is fuck'n nutz, so Ron Paul must be too".

This is not the way to win votes or get positive attention.

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 10:44 PM

Oh please, let the man do what he wants and say what he wants HE EARNED IT!
Geeze, I am so sick of these people trying to keep an "image". "Images" are have what gotten us all brainwashed, manipulated, and snowed.
I just don't understand.
How in the world could Derek know this man would go to the length he went to to TRY smear him and Ron Paul?
Please, tell us while you are at it, what do the majority of people who have heard this think? Perhaps they think the same as I? That it is about TIME people get angry???
Why aren't you writing that idiot radio show host, and asking others to do so?
He is attacking us AND our veterans! Go scold him why don't you?

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that was terrible? Sure, we're all saying "yah man, you tell him", but the uninitiated listener was thinking "this guy is fuck'n nutz, so Ron Paul must be too".

Yep, I was pissed, and I apoligize to Ron, all of you, and the entire free world if I blew the election.....please.

You have been in nursing homes preaching Von Mises, mercantilism, protectionalsim, and how Ron Paul fits the bill, right? And canvassing door to door also?

phree
01-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Well, let me lay on the sofa and start with my childhood....or we gonna do the inkblot?

I think the best therapy would be to avoid calling into talk shows...

rpfreedom08
01-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Well good for you derek, It is a tough thing seeing your country go to shit and I completely agree with what you where saying, a bit over the top and could have probably reached a few more people if not so crazy but then again if it was just a regular call I guess it wouldn't be on the net :D

idrake
01-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Yep, I was pissed, and I apoligize to Ron, all of you, and the entire free world if I blew the election.....please.

You have been in nursing homes preaching Von Mises, mercantilism, protectionalsim, and how Ron Paul fits the bill? And canvassing door to door also right?

First, no apology is necessary, but I assume that was in jest. ;) You obviously know your shit and I'm glad you're on our side.

I'll be canvasing this weekend for the 5th. It's my first time, so wish me luck.

randolphus maximus
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Are you kidding me? That call is great radio. I thought it was amazing. I kinda want to hear the part that the radio host was saying that got you so fired up.

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM

If someone is actually as narrow-minded and idiotic and brain dead to think that nonsense, they are probably voting for Hitlary anyway. :D
We don't need them, NOR do we want them- they would only get in the way. :cool:

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGGDVm4mmTo

Look at Ron Paul go ballistic on the "Drug War" and watch him take up for the victims of the Drug War against the PLANTED THUGS in Morton Downey's audience.
That chick was paid by the CIA for sure. LOL
You tell em!!!
Damn straight RON PAUL!!! You should be angry for all the victims of the "War on Drugs"!!!! Fight for them, the dead cannot speak!
"FREEDOM AND LIBERTY!!!"
-Ron Paul

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM
I think the best therapy would be to avoid calling into talk shows...

Sorry, no putting the Djini back in that bottle, but I usually do better than that call.

Well good for you derek, It is a tough thing seeing your country go to shit and I completely agree with what you where saying, a bit over the top and could have probably reached a few more people if not so crazy but then again if it was just a regular call I guess it wouldn't be on the net :D

Yep, hearing that the Commander in Chief now declares war, not congress didn't go over well in my head....especially in light of de facto and partisan politics [Hegel's philosophy]. He almost seems an advocate for incremental despotism. I'll do better next time, maybe.

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. :D
I think it reached a lot of people because the most likely feel the same. Don't you?
Don't most RP supporters? Why would we assume we are "different" than most Americans, because most Americans are not angry and they don't feel like going totally ballistic at times? Have we seen to much "reality" TV?
Have we listened to what "Politics are supposed to be" for too long?

Thank goodness for Ron Paul, he has woken people up and given them HOPE. Many many didn't care at all, because they felt soooo desperate for soooo long.
Anger is just a part of the process of healing ourselves. First people must get angry before they seek to actually change course.
What Derek said and yelled, was non-violent dissent. That is perfectly legal... FOR NOW.
Let our voices be heard before they are silenced.

phree
01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
If someone is actually as narrow-minded and idiotic and brain dead to think that nonsense, they are probably voting for Hitlary anyway. :D
We don't need them, NOR do we want them- they would only get in the way. :cool:

You can't be serious.

Omnis
01-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Are you kidding me? That call is great radio. I thought it was amazing. I kinda want to hear the part that the radio host was saying that got you so fired up.

LOL, yeah, that was great radio. Take out the "yes you are" and the comment about the officers and that would've been just awesome.

phree
01-23-2008, 11:17 PM
I think it reached a lot of people because the most likely feel the same. Don't you?
Don't most RP supporters? Why would we assume we are "different" than most Americans, because most Americans are not angry and they don't feel like going totally ballistic at times? Have we seen to much "reality" TV?

Thank goodness for Ron Paul, he has woken people up and given them HOPE. Many many didn't care at all, because they felt soooo desperate for soooo long.
Anger is just a part of the process of healing ourselves. First people must get angry before they seek to actually change course.
What Derek said and yelled, was non-violent dissent. That is perfectly legal... FOR NOW.

This is your 13th post?! And you use it to support Derek completely losing it?

I think you need to establish some credentials as a true RP supporter.

rpfreedom08
01-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Sorry, no putting the Djini back in that bottle, but I usually do better than that call.

Yep, hearing that the Commander in Chief now declares war, not congress didn't go over well in my head....especially in light of de facto and partisan politics [Hegel's philosophy]. He almost seems an advocate for incremental despotism. I'll do better next time, maybe.

I hear ya man, You are on the right side of the fight now :) I think we all need to make a new army as well :)

edit: you can be the drill sargent, haha

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 11:20 PM

Lincoln jailed 13,000 over political dissent, even 1 congressman. There is presently more authorization to do the same thing, guess what happens if wall street dives or 9-11 again?

I got pissed over one reason, the nudge to put war power in the white house....and he's smearing the constitution in a well used, but wrong way. Yup, he gloated for 20 minutes over what an ass I made of myself, and how RP is now doomed over my tantrum. People will make up their own minds, and I forced his ego into a pissing match long after the call was over, like off and on the whole night. I'll post the entire thing to YouTube shortly, and put Tom Wood's and a few Founder's thoughts of the rightful place of war powers...anyway you slice, gunny's in yet another lie.

phree
01-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Derek*, please tell us if you will change your approach in the future or if you feel that call was beneficial just as it was.

rpfreedom08 seems to think it was beneficial, many others don't. What to you think in retrospect?

*Derek is the one who made the call.

gracebkr
01-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I feel for this guy, what he gave for a prick like this to be "sworn" in as a protector of the constitution. Well it was this guy who defended it with his life and this is the respect he gets? Piece of shit radio host. Who was that? I am going to write him. Of course I will not get angry or curse. i will write a respectable letter about my family and their defense of this country and how his utter disrespect for this veteran is sickening considering what veterans gave up for this country.

PRIEST
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
That was outstanding, caller. I am moved.

gracebkr
01-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Lincoln jailed 13,000 over political dissent, even 1 congressman. There is presently more authorization to do the same thing, guess what happens if wall street dives or 9-11 again?

I got pissed over one reason, the nudge to put war power in the white house....and he's smearing the constitution in a well used, but wrong way. Yup, he gloated for 20 minutes over what an ass I made of myself, and how RP is now doomed over my tantrum. People will make up their own minds, and I forced his ego into a pissing match long after the call was over, like off and on the whole night. I'll post the entire thing to YouTube shortly, and put Tom Wood's and a few Founder's thoughts of the rightful place of war powers...anyway you slice, gunny's in yet another lie.

I am sick of people thinking we need to lay down and take that shit. That man was a total asshole and would have ran from you they way Hannity did when he saw Ron Paul supporters. They know we are smarter, so how do they fight us, by not letting us have attention and degrading us. You were making perfect sense, you were just yelling? Anyone who thinks that what you did *hurt Ron Paul are wrong. There were people in the military listening to that disrespect, there were vets listening to that and I know, that they know that that guy was an ass, and you were still in control with the whole "SIR" thing. That's the way it is done in the military. I have brothers in the military, the yell like that too and end it off with something respectful. Men, they are supposed to be angry and stand up for our rights. Shit the Boston Massacre started over someone not being a gentlemen or someone pointing out that he didn't pay his wig bill. Cmon people since when are men supposed to be deballed?

Fields
01-23-2008, 11:32 PM
That was outstanding, caller. I am moved.

+1

rpfreedom08
01-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Derek*, please tell us if you will change your approach in the future or if you feel that call was beneficial just as it was.

rpfreedom08 seems to think it was beneficial, many others don't. What to you think in retrospect?

lets just try to ignore each other in the future. We don't see eye to eye on most things so lets just agree to disagree. Once we learn to do this we will more productive, don't you think?

Do you renounce your bad behavior and will you submit your will to me?

:rolleyes:

Detonator
01-23-2008, 11:39 PM
I would like to know what he "lied" about to start this fight.

gracebkr
01-23-2008, 11:42 PM
I would like to know what he "lied" about to start this fight.

the declaration of war. It was the first two sentences said. Maybe you should listen again.

Fields
01-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Derek also said there was a monologue preceding when he got on the air. So I'm sure it was a rant about declaration of war or something along those lines.

revolutionary8
01-23-2008, 11:47 PM

"Establish some credentials" :eek:
Oh my goodness. How much is the fee? :D What does it cost to get "the credentials"? Who grants these "credentials"? What are the rules behind gaining "the credentials" needed to become a "true RP supporter"? What is the initiation? What is the evidence that you gather that become "proof" that one has "the credentials" to be a "true RP supporter"? IOW, Who decides? Oh that's right- according to Fox, "You Decide!" :D

Don't bother answering, I know you either can't answer, or won't release "the plans" :D
I hope you are paranoid. I know I am. :D

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 11:48 PM

Grow a pair, sir. And who made this a fucking popularity contest?

Tattoo this on you eyelids so you don't ever fucking forget it, sir:

1. Abolition of private property
2. Progessive income tax
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance
4. Confiscation of property of all emigrants and "rebels"
5. Central bank
6. Gov't regulation/control of Communication and Transporation
7. Government ownership of factories and agriculture
8. Government control of labor
9. Corporate farms, regional planning
10. Government control of education

Are we there yet, phree? Again, grow a fucking pair sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp34iwS59zY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoE61QurTwU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbp-J-WFQQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6cuy-6bMKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZuwzYCk2xk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArPCrwW0ho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTsDksBBQ6k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkozkXNOQV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIh_2cun_xE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln__gYtmKfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljT8iMOkudw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px2dHctXmGI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftLANLo_6KU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsEDCT9CNpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhkcX_zJqDc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1rMHQZk4xo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mid8-qfJHZ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJ7kMsaNLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi4DaaBnb5w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2bQ0PqnlYs

Derek Johnson
01-23-2008, 11:52 PM
the declaration of war. It was the first two sentences said. Maybe you should listen again.

The president is the Commander, and should be, but not the war declarer, financier....not even close, this is the job of congress, but the congress capitulated on this long ago, for reason. Eisenhower warned us.

This is Art I vs Art II war power decision is intentional, this is the founder's intent, strictly, with reason. Gunny [and others] are pulling a a partisian slight of hand. De facto doesn't even cover Art I section 8 either, JFK had some justification for Cuba, and we definately should not have flown the Bin Ladens home on 9-12.

Dr.3D
01-23-2008, 11:54 PM

Actually, that stupid radio guy cut Derek off when he was going to explain what his beef was so we never got to hear what the jerk on the radio had said about the declaration of war. I can only assume the radio jerk said the president can declare war and the congress is not needed to do that anymore.

That would piss me off too. As a veteran I took an oath to protect the constitution and I would probably call that jerk on it too.

Since when do we just sit back and listen to misinformation being poured into the heads of people without speaking up and telling the actual truth?

EDIT: I didn't see the previous post as I was writing this one at the time.

PRIEST
01-23-2008, 11:56 PM

Look close, folks. This man is a patriot.

BuddyRey
01-24-2008, 12:12 AM

That was the most ownage talk radio call in history!!!

Dr.3D
01-24-2008, 12:17 AM
May God bless Derek Johnson and all those who would fight like he does to defend the Constitution of the United States of America!

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 12:18 AM

I'm sure you deal with your fear, much the same as I do, much the same as anyone does.... eventually, We get ANGRY.
What will and has changed is the target.
Let's not forget, in order to create more room for the press funded and fed by THE PEOPLE, we must expose those who are driven by the war machine, and we must hold them accountable. If we question "the voice", "the message" then "the messengers" will also be challenged.

atthegates
01-24-2008, 12:20 AM
haha that was awesome

Dieseler
01-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Way to go Derek.
I'm glad to know somebody else is about to get enough of all this bullshit.
Speak your mind. Its our God given unalienable right.
Tell em like it is and to Hell with who ever don't like it.

If you ever need more inspiration, listen to the last few minutes of that Lesley Williams video. I don't know how true the rest is but I nearly cry every time I hear the end of it and it just winds me up terrible bad to see what has happened to our country after what our founding fathers fought so hard to give to us.

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 12:33 AM

oh my goodness, who is this guy?
I don't spend a lot of time here, usually out working for Dr. Paul, canvassing, and spreading the word the best I know how, but where did this guy come from?

phree-
who is "many"? Who decides? What "poll" are you getting your information from?

LibertyEagle
01-24-2008, 12:56 AM
I was proud of you Derek. :) It is great to know there are people like you still in this country.

Fields
01-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Wow Derek. You call radio stations a lot. I'm too nervous to do it since i've never done it. Did you ever have to get over that first one?

specsaregood
01-24-2008, 01:39 AM

I thought you did an EXCELLENT job. Nothing wrong with being passionate.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Wow Derek. You call radio stations a lot. I'm too nervous to do it since i've never done it. Did you ever have to get over that first one?

No, I used to call Limbaugh a long time ago, before I wised up to his hypocracy as well as his pseudo-conservatism. Public speaking is easy if you know what you're talking about. Mercantile and protectionalist government policy have been the scourge of this country since "Honest" Abe, and many more fragments that came via Hamilton. Central banks suck. Mercantile and protectionalist practice brought down the Romans, the Brittish [although they are rebounding], and will tear us into communism as planned over 100 years ago. The internet can easily mitigate this if we come together...which is why there is a swell of net regulation and free speech censorship: HR 1955:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HR_1955

For this reason alone we should do everything in our power to get Ron Paul into office. Please read everything Devvy Kidd, Lew Rockwell, Murry Rothbard, Andrew Napolitano, Tom DiLorenzo, and Ron Paul write and speak about, these people, and those of their ilk, are the only hope we have.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'll post a YouTube video w/both sides of my rant call, as well as another to Marx Levin from this evening.

specsaregood
01-24-2008, 01:44 AM

LOL.

Well I out "credential" you and I say you are wrong.

Talk radio is about entertainment and I guarantee you that Derek was entertaining and reached some people in the audience. Those he turned off (if any), are already blind to the deceit before their eyes.

pacelli
01-24-2008, 03:43 AM
Nice job Derek. That one call is definitely a stand-out from your other calls, people should listen to them before they rush to judgment. I listened to all of them. I especially liked the R.O.N.P.A.U.L. mnemonic you used. What did it stand for again?

I'd also like it if you could post some general guidelines about how to get past screeners, and how you come up with your responses so fast to their mindless garbage. Do you write out what you'll say before you call?

jointhefightforfreedom
01-24-2008, 04:00 AM
I am completely Dumbfounded that more americans aren't this angry!!
LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL LIE STEAL!!!

and everyone just takes it all the way to the bread lines.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 04:32 AM

Rage against the neocon radio.

mokkan88
01-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Eh, the guy came across as an idiot. He should've out-argued him rather than throwing a hissy fit.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Nice job Derek. That one call is definitely a stand-out from your other calls, people should listen to them before they rush to judgment. I listened to all of them. I especially liked the R.O.N.P.A.U.L. mnemonic you used. What did it stand for again?

I'd also like it if you could post some general guidelines about how to get past screeners, and how you come up with your responses so fast to their mindless garbage. Do you write out what you'll say before you call?

Thanks!

Tell the screener that you want to talk about __________, whatever the host's topic is. Don't bring up RP to the screener. Know what the hell your talking about, don't write anything down...they will switch topics if they are on to you, or just delay you out if your too strong. Get on the air!

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Eh, the guy came across as an idiot. He should've out-argued him rather than throwing a hissy fit.

Ok, describe how you would have handled it.

Finn
01-24-2008, 04:58 AM
If you're not angry, you're not paying attention!!
Very true.

This is brilliant. :D

JoBurke
01-24-2008, 05:03 AM
As a Veteran, I feel his anger - without the true following of the constitution our handlers will do exactly what they want...and we have been letting this happen about since say Nixon.....so yes, I feel his anger - as a soldier, you can shoot at the enemy, as a citizen, you must bow to the masters.

mkpdavies
01-24-2008, 05:54 AM
He was as mad as hell and wasn't going to take it anymore!

The host had a bad case of Giuliani giggles too!

I think the guy was spot on. It's time people got pissed! He was clear and concise, even though he was pissed!

Well done!

mokkan88
01-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Ok, describe how you would have handled it.
I would have cited where in the Constitution it states that a President cannot declare war and would follow up by stating the Congress passed a resolution regarding Iraq, which does not equate to a declaration.

Marc3579
01-24-2008, 06:03 AM
I would have cited where in the Constitution it states that a President cannot declare war and would follow up by stating the Congress passed a resolution regarding Iraq, which does not equate to a declaration.

Um he did mention where it says in the constitution the president can't declare war, I'm not going to critique where he could have done better. I've called in to talk shows, I'm not sure of how I would have handled it.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 06:50 AM

Oh no you don't:

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.

Whereas, on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and

Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad; and

Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence; and

Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States; and

Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the `Authorization for Use of Military Force'.

SEC. 2. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

(b) War Powers Resolution Requirements-

(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

(2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS- Nothing in this resolution supercedes any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.
Passed the Senate September 14, 2001.

Now then, how exactly does this tie to Iraq? Exactly? What was the intel, and what was America told, and what did the 9-11 commission say in 2004?
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/1dcf82ba-124e-48c0-8473-71482564798c.hmedium.jpg
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22794451/?GT1=10755

If this story is accurate the administration made 935 false statements on Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks, according to a new study. Try harder.

Akus
01-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Well he gets pretty pumped up for a reason and I think whoever this radio host was, seemed disrespectful.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KOA-AM/CBA%201-22%20Angry%20Caller.mp3

You know better, sir.
You know better then disrespect the consitution.
You make me sick.

SIR

:D:D:D

Wow, if I knew nothing of Ron Paul, I'd be like, ok, these RP people are nutjobs...

Airborn
01-24-2008, 07:02 AM
haha that guy blows Alex Jones out the water

phree
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Grow a pair, sir. And who made this a fucking popularity contest?

Tattoo this on you eyelids so you don't ever fucking forget it, sir:

1. Abolition of private property
2. Progessive income tax
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance
4. Confiscation of property of all emigrants and "rebels"
5. Central bank
6. Gov't regulation/control of Communication and Transporation
7. Government ownership of factories and agriculture
8. Government control of labor
9. Corporate farms, regional planning
10. Government control of education

Are we there yet, phree? Again, grow a fucking pair sir.

I'm not trying to make this a popularity contest Derek, I only wanted to see if you considered your call in to be good political strategy. By your "grow a pair" comment I assume that you do.

I agree that you will win over a small percentage of new RP support by aggressively lashing out against neocon jerks like the host of this talk show, but I don't think it's logical that this approach will win more supporters than calm, rational debate will. Most people won't hear the facts that you present because they will be focused on the sensationalism of your rage. Most people are somewhat timid and averse to aggression and they will be inclined to avoid people or movements that seem too radical. It seems logical to me that while you pick up a handful of like-minded people, you're turning off the larger number of more moderate citizens. In elections you need the largest following to win. This looks like a classic case of winning the battle but losing the war.

I don't doubt that you're a brave man so I'll ask you to do something that requires a lot more bravery than being argumentative with a talk show host; examine your methods as dispassionately as you can and try to determine if you're really promoting Dr. Paul in the best way possible.

Have you seen the video of Dr. Paul taking on the fools on the Morton Downey show in the 80's when he was the Libertarian candidate? Dr. Paul is obviously angry and defiant on that show, and at one point he even insulted a chubby dude to make his point. Contrast that to the strategy that Dr. Paul uses today. He remains calm and respectful even while pundits and opponents hurl insults and lies at him. Does Dr. Paul need to "grow a pair"? I ask that you consider the change RP has made in his approach to spreading his message. I believe Dr. Paul realized that to be electable he needed to tone down his anger and frustration, and appeal to more rational, mainstream Americans by using a softer, more diplomatic approach.

I have to admit that I have a bad temper at times. I can get very worked up and when I listen to your comments on that show I see myself in your actions. After following politics for 30 years I have more than my share of pent up resentment. I'm desperate to get Dr. Paul elected, and in fact I don't know how I'll feel if he looses. Tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type this just at the thought of a loss. I know that this movement won't be finished if RP loses, but such a brave man and a hero as Dr. Paul deserves this election and the world will experience much less murder and torture and poverty if he gets elected. I'm a person who is ready to fight, but I choose to temper my emotions and focus on a strategy that is most likely to win this election for RP and all Americans.

All I ask is that you consider what I'm saying. All I want is Ron Paul in the White House. I would give anything to see that. You're obviously a valuable asset to this campaign, but I believe you could use your passion in a better way by controlling your emotions more. I don't mean to insult your efforts but I have to speak my mind, which I'm sure you can appreciate.

Hayek
01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
No doubt the guy loves his country.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-24-2008, 08:34 AM
HAHAHAH. This was the funniest shit I've heard in a while. Great find.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm not trying to make this a popularity contest Derek, I only wanted to see if you considered your call in to be good political strategy. By your "grow a pair" comment I assume that you do.

I agree that you will win over a small percentage of new RP support by aggressively lashing out against neocon jerks like the host of this talk show, but I don't think it's logical that this approach will win more supporters than calm, rational debate will. Most people won't hear the facts that you present because they will be focused on the sensationalism of your rage. Most people are somewhat timid and averse to aggression and they will be inclined to avoid people or movements that seem too radical. It seems logical to me that while you pick up a handful of like-minded people, you're turning off the larger number of more moderate citizens. In elections you need the largest following to win. This looks like a classic case of winning the battle but losing the war.

I don't doubt that you're a brave man so I'll ask you to do something that requires a lot more bravery than being argumentative with a talk show host; examine your methods as dispassionately as you can and try to determine if you're really promoting Dr. Paul in the best way possible.

Have you seen the video of Dr. Paul taking on the fools on the Morton Downey show in the 80's when he was the Libertarian candidate? Dr. Paul is obviously angry and defiant on that show, and at one point he even insulted a chubby dude to make his point. Contrast that to the strategy that Dr. Paul uses today. He remains calm and respectful even while pundits and opponents hurl insults and lies at him. Does Dr. Paul need to "grow a pair"? I ask that you consider the change RP has made in his approach to spreading his message. I believe Dr. Paul realized that to be electable he needed to tone down his anger and frustration, and appeal to more rational, mainstream Americans by using a softer, more diplomatic approach.

I have to admit that I have a bad temper at times. I can get very worked up and when I listen to your comments on that show I see myself in your actions. After following politics for 30 years I have more than my share of pent up resentment. I'm desperate to get Dr. Paul elected, and in fact I don't know how I'll feel if he looses. Tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type this just at the thought of a loss. I know that this movement won't be finished if RP loses, but such a brave man and a hero as Dr. Paul deserves this election and the world will experience much less murder and torture and poverty if he gets elected. I'm a person who is ready to fight, but I choose to temper my emotions and focus on a strategy that is most likely to win this election for RP and all Americans.

All I ask is that you consider what I'm saying. All I want is Ron Paul in the White House. I would give anything to see that. You're obviously a valuable asset to this campaign, but I believe you could use your passion in a better way by controlling your emotions more. I don't mean to insult your efforts but I have to speak my mind, which I'm sure you can appreciate.

Considered. And thanks for your lengthy somewhat Dr. Philish post, I hear you man, but sometimes I just can't help it. And I was not going to post that rant to the web, but the Denver radio station and a member here didn't want to let the dog lie....so I included Bob's "...the president does not have to consult congress to take military action..." to show what stirred me up in the video. This should stir anyone up who believes in the founder's intent, this is a severe threat b/c our economic ruin is on the horizon...not to mention the oil-mercantile 50+ year foreign policy. If you watched any of the YouTube videos of radio calls, I don't rant in a hostile tone, usually. Believe me, this election doesn't come down to perception generated by talk show callers, we are up against much more powerful forces. And I'm sorry I told you to grow a fucking pair sir, obviously I shouldn't always wear my emotions on my sleave.

voytechs
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Hey he was angry but very respectful through out. He did well, obviously the constitution means a lot more to him than the host of that talk show or our politicians.

Akus
01-24-2008, 09:28 AM

You, sir, did more harm then good with this call, sir. If you hear some shock jock on the radio talk some crazy shit, sir, just turn off the damn radio, sir. Because shock jocks are called that for a reason, to shock you. You did exactly what they hoped, sir, you would do, sir. You've increased this shock jock's ratings, whoever he is, sir. You have also represented all Ron Paul supporters as psychotic zealots, sir. Stop listening to the radio and do something productive to get RP elected, becaue you sounded like a total clown. Were I not a Ron Paul supporter already, I'd dismiss him as a loony idiot because of calls like yours.

Sir.

Sauron
01-24-2008, 09:35 AM
He has good reason to be angry. I went on an angry rant in Des Moines, IA on 6/30 about the fraudulent illegitimate income tax system and the IRS right in front of the conference where Ron Paul was not invited. It was filmed, and lots of people heard and saw me speaking about it with the emotion of anger in my voice as well as my body language.

phree
01-24-2008, 09:44 AM
I have a question for those in this thread who believe displays of rage help Dr. Paul's chances in this election:

Do you believe that a majority of 50, 60, and 70 year old mainstream Americans will be inclined to join a movement after seeing or hearing an enraged supporter?

See, I don't think so. I also think that if we alienate this demographic we will certainly lose this election.

Are you more interested in venting your personal rage, or in enticing the largest number of undecided voters possible to our cause?

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
You, sir, did more harm then good with this call, sir. If you hear some shock jock on the radio talk some crazy shit, sir, just turn off the damn radio, sir. Because shock jocks are called that for a reason, to shock you. You did exactly what they hoped, sir, you would do, sir. You've increased this shock jock's ratings, whoever he is, sir. You have also represented all Ron Paul supporters as psychotic zealots, sir. Stop listening to the radio and do something productive to get RP elected, becaue you sounded like a total clown. Were I not a Ron Paul supporter already, I'd dismiss him as a loony idiot because of calls like yours.

Sir.

If you think I blew this election then you're turning someone who is totally not important to someone who is totally important to make your point. This is called a distortion. Shock jocking [as pioneered by Stern and others] is purely about ratings, not to shock someone into compromising a good potentional president's chance, sir.

I am simply not that important, and as I've previously posted, this is rare form for me doing in radio calls. I represented myself as a hot head, if this guy wasn't former military, I really would not have had such an axe to grind...that's what really got to me. He does this daily. I didn't try to cast myself as a typical RP supporter ~ this is far from a monolithic group, but if there are now masses who are dead set against Ron over my call, well that stinks, sir.

Also:

I've represented Dr. Paul professionally many times, sometimes to more than 5 million people at once:

As for doing something productive for Ron, I canvas my precinct, universities and nursing homes on weekends. I've been an advocate for him on his many common sense policies since 2000. I've bombarded many politicians in many states with Ron's legislation for a long time. I've put up hundreds of signs and am co-sponsoring a billboard in Waco. Thank you so much for donating $2300 to Dr. Paul and for whatever else you are doing, sir.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I have a question for those in this thread who believe displays of rage help Dr. Paul's chances in this election:

Do you believe that a majority of 50, 60, and 70 year old mainstream Americans will be inclined to join a movement after seeing or hearing an enraged supporter?

See, I don't think so. I also think that if we alienate this demographic we will certainly lose this election.

Are you more interested in venting your personal rage, or in enticing the largest number of undecided voters possible to our cause?

Enough

phree
01-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I am simply not that important,

Untrue Derek. You yourself admit to being very active and very visible in this campaign. To the extent that you defend your performance on this call-in you are influencing many GR supporters to do the same.

Enough

I'm sorry Derek, but I can't ignore what I believe is crucial to this campaign. You don't...

NerveShocker
01-24-2008, 10:00 AM
This is sad.. a thread designed to cause fights and people fall right into it. You have no right to attack him for using his freedom of speech. If he over-reacted then he over-reacted get over it and stop over-reacting yourselves and making a big deal out of nothing. If you truly think this hurts our movement (rofl) then maybe you should stop bringing as much attention to it as possible by bumping it every 2 minutes. Why do so many people want to fight on these forums? Why can't someone just say "Next time try to keep your cool" or be polite about it.. instead you start a big fight between you and other Ron Paul supporters... who are on your side... sigh.. :/

Convert
01-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Umm

He called the host a liar and the host was being disrespectful?

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Untrue Derek. You yourself admit to being very active and very visible in this campaign. To the extent that you defend your performance on this call-in you are influencing many GR supporters to do the same.

I'm sorry Derek, but I can't ignore what I believe is crucial to this campaign. You don't...

What I did during one call to a single market show is far from crucial to this campaign.

You can believe that perception based on one talk show radio call is the difference, I won't. I can believe that face to face interaction on a repeated basis is. We have, at best 300,000-600,000 supporters. About 10 times as many will vote for for either Romney or McCain based on a 30 second sound bite. Get a grip sir.

Did you watch the videos I posted above? Was I yelling and screeming? So why continue this argument with me? I've made probably 1000 calls to talk show radio in about 10 months. I blew my top twice. If you can do better, do so.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
This is sad.. a thread designed to cause fights and people fall right into it. You have no right to attack him for using his freedom of speech. If he over-reacted then he over-reacted get over it and stop over-reacting yourselves and making a big deal out of nothing. If you truly think this hurts our movement (rofl) then maybe you should stop bringing as much attention to it as possible by bumping it every 2 minutes. Why do so many people want to fight on these forums? Why can't someone just say "Next time try to keep your cool" or be polite about it.. instead you start a big fight between you and other Ron Paul supporters... who are on your side... sigh.. :/

Really, kill this damn thread! I'm out, and thanks all for your kind words to me everyone. I hope to see some of y'all in the nursing homes.

phree
01-24-2008, 10:34 AM
What I did during one call to a single market show is far from crucial to this campaign.

You can believe that perception based on one talk show radio call is the difference, I won't. I can believe that face to face interaction on a repeated basis is. We have, at best 300,000-600,000 supporters. About 10 times as many will vote for for either Romney or McCain based on a 30 second sound bite. Get a grip sir.

Did you watch the videos I posted above? Was I yelling and screeming? So why continue this argument with me? I've made probably 1000 calls to talk show radio in about 10 months. I blew my top twice. If you can do better, do so.

I'm not saying your one call will have a major impact. Over 4000 people have read this thread. You have the power to promote what happened in this one call as a good thing or as an honest mistake. Everyone in this thread respects your efforts including myself, but you are a role model and clarifying your position important.

I'm not trying to make this a popularity contest Derek, I only wanted to see if you considered your call in to be good political strategy.

I'm not out to discredit you Derek, but these are fair questions for someone who has put themself in the public eye as a RP supporter.

an.old.analyst
01-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Derek,

Your moral outrage is justified, reasonable and quite frankly, widely needed in our nation. It is time that we all express and act upon our moral outrage using knowledge, genuine human compassion, and civil disobedience. Great job. Thank you.

phree
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Derek,

Your moral outrage is justified, reasonable and quite frankly, widely needed in our nation. It is time that we all express and act upon our moral outrage using knowledge, genuine human compassion, and civil disobedience. Great job. Thank you.

Great. Someone else with 14 posts fanning the flames.

Psych0t
01-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I have a small question; how did that snowday call make the news and this didn't? lol

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Great. Someone else with 14 posts fanning the flames.

Please respect what I sent you via private message, I answered your questions. Trolling in this forum does not further our cause.

Derek,

Thank you sir.

phree
01-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Please respect what I sent you via private message, I answered your questions. Trolling in this forum does not further our cause.

So if you express your beliefs it's noble, and if I express mine I'm a troll? I answered your PM with honesty. Stop trying to censor me Derek. It sounds like the "If you don't vote for the War you aren't a patriot" rhetoric.

I feel strongly that public rage in the name of Dr. Paul is damaging to the greater goal of electing him. I won't be silenced by your accusations that I'm inferior to you for having different beliefs. You of all people should understand this.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM
So if you express your beliefs it's noble, and if I express mine I'm a troll? I answered your PM with honesty. Stop trying to censor me Derek. It sounds like the "If you don't vote for the War you aren't a patriot" rhetoric.

I feel strongly that public rage in the name of Dr. Paul is damaging to the greater goal of electing him. I won't be silenced by your accusations that I'm inferior to you for having different beliefs. You of all people should understand this.

You're not inferior, sir, but you are well beyond beating a dead horse in this ego-fed pissing match. You can feel however you want and you can keep posting in this thread forever if that's what makes you happy... :confused:

Swmorgan77
01-24-2008, 11:44 AM

I love it.

He was combative, assertive and passionate at first and that didn't bother me at all, but there was a point in the call where really did give into the anger and started going off about his experience with military officers, etc. I don't know what he's been through, but this seems to me to be the point where we lose people and give the picture that Ron Paul supporters are all vitriolic, angry people. Yes, we have PLENTY to be angry about, but its about being effective and finding the balance. He was very well spoken though, and made some good points about how it is not conservative to be funding a mercantilistic protectionist empire.

When addressing the Constitutionality of the war, here is the key: Use the text of the authorization itself. Neo-Cons will say til they're blue in the face that the authorization WAS a Constitutional declaration of war, so you need to know what's in it and exactly why it isn't or you'll just get stuck in a "no it isn't... yes it is" type of exchange. When you get into the text of it, the idea that the authorization for the use of force in Iraq constitutes a declaration is laughable and cannot be maintained. Here are the 2 key points:

1) The authorization for Iraq was an Unconstitutional transfer of Congressional discretion, not a Constitutional declaration.

Previous declarations (Japan, Germany) actually state "a state of war exists with ___ nation". This may sound like a trivialty but it is very crucial to Constitutional law. Justice Thomas M. Cooley wrote in "Principles of Constitutional Law" that the President's powers as Commander-in-Chief are triggered by a State of War. A State of War can exist EITHER when there is a situation of invasive attack by an enemy OR when that State of War is declared by Congress.

In Constitutional declarations, the Congeress is exercising their Constitutionally appointed duty of determining the propriety of war and then declaring the State of War and directing the President to act upon it.

By contrast, the Iraq resolution contains no such language. Instead it is an attempt to GIVE the discretion to the President to use, in the words of the authorization "as he determines to be necessary".

The fact that the Iraq authorization was an unconstitutional transfer of Constituitonal powers, and not a Constitutional declaration is evident in the fact that the President, after it was passed, continued diplomatic efforts for months and did not decide to use military force until much later when he claimed those efforts had failed. Had it been a Constitutional declaration, he would have been bound by the act of Congress to prosecute the war when it was passed.

2) The authorization for Iraq cited, as one of the 2 objectives, the need to enforce United Nations resolutions.

Ask Neo-Cons if they think that our fine military should be made into an enforcement arm of the United Nations. No Neo-Con I have spoken to has had an answer for this... it REALLY stops them dead in their tracks and gets them thinking.

Here are links to the text of both the authorization for use of force in Iraq and the Declaration of War on Japan from WWII:

Iraq authorization: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021002-2.html

Japan declaration: http://www.hbci.com/~tgort/japan.htm

Anyway, just some thoughts. I want to commend the caller and I think he made some really good points that will hopefully jolt some of those Neo-Conservative listeners into deeper thought and study.

jeffhenderson
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM
This is great.

phree
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Derek, it's obvious that despite your comments about this event there are many people who think you're a hero for losing it on the radio. All I've been asking is that you clarify that you made an honest mistake and that in that one case you may have turned off more people than you attracted to RP's cause. It's important because 4000 people have read this thread.

Gimme Some Truth
01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Derek, it's obvious that despite your comments about this event there are many people who think you're a hero for losing it on the radio. All I've been asking is that you clarify that you made an honest mistake and that in that one case you may have turned off more people than you attracted to RP's cause. It's important because 4000 people have read this thread.

He did so way back in the 1st couple of pages. Please just leave it.

phree
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
This is great.

My point, illustrated.

Real_CaGeD
01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
I support Derek.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 12:09 PM

Good grief man! And you wonder why I call you troll?! LOL Ok fine, this is post 51:

lol yea.

The caller lost it about half way thro(tho his verbal anger is what most of us feel i bet). The host did a good job at winding him up.

I am also impressed at how he was able to talk sense whilst his head was exploding. Got me fired up for sure! :D

And this is post #52

Gunny Bob 1
Angry Derek 0

Post #59:

This is my first on air fit, 2nd actually [I bit off Gibson's head once]....no man, the Luntz media has already painted us bizerk, and little has changed...I'm just re-inforcing that image to the McCain/Romney dickheads...but I'm not important enough to sway good or bad, far from it. If you don't like my behaviour, please call the shows and be Mr. Rogers.

Post #87

...but I usually do better than that call.

For the last time, please, I've spoken to umpteen millions of radio listeners about 1000 times. I lost my head twice. TWICE! I don't advocate screaming like a fool that reinforces the MSM jaded view of "RP kooks", far from it. I just lost my head, once to Gibson [he's an expert at pulling callers into this] and once to "Gunny Bob". In retrospect, I wouldn't change a damn thing about either call, even though I gamely charged right into their trap in each case. I spoke from the heart both times, that's about all I could ask from anyone. The next 1000 calls will be better....:D

phree
01-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't advocate screaming like a fool that reinforces the MSM jaded view of "RP kooks", far from it.

...and a few sentences later:

In retrospect, I wouldn't change a damn thing about either call, even though I gamely charged right into their trap in each case.

Who's the fucking troll?

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
...and a few sentences later:

Who's the fucking troll?

Lol, when I was 16 I got myself in big trouble with the law involving alcohol, my friends, and some girls.

Was I wrong and breaking the law? Yes.
Would I do it again? No
Would I suggest others do this? No sir, never
Did I do this again? Nope
Would I change it if I could? No way!

You sir, you're the fucking Troll! Tell you what, let's practice a little democracy with this retarded thread, LET'S TAKE A VOTE, who is the troll here?

Derek

or

phree

Please let your voice be heard!

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 12:25 PM
He was combative, assertive and passionate at first and that didn't bother me at all, but there was a point in the call where really did give into the anger and started going off about his experience with military officers, etc. I don't know what he's been through, but this seems to me to be the point where we lose people and give the picture that Ron Paul supporters are all vitriolic, angry people. Yes, we have PLENTY to be angry about, but its about being effective and finding the balance. He was very well spoken though, and made some good points about how it is not conservative to be funding a mercantilistic protectionist empire.

When addressing the Constitutionality of the war, here is the key: Use the text of the authorization itself. Neo-Cons will say til they're blue in the face that the authorization WAS a Constitutional declaration of war, so you need to know what's in it and exactly why it isn't or you'll just get stuck in a "no it isn't... yes it is" type of exchange. When you get into the text of it, the idea that the authorization for the use of force in Iraq constitutes a declaration is laughable and cannot be maintained. Here are the 2 key points:

1) The authorization for Iraq was an Unconstitutional transfer of Congressional discretion, not a Constitutional declaration.

Previous declarations (Japan, Germany) actually state "a state of war exists with ___ nation". This may sound like a trivialty but it is very crucial to Constitutional law. Justice Thomas M. Cooley wrote in "Principles of Constitutional Law" that the President's powers as Commander-in-Chief are triggered by a State of War. A State of War can exist EITHER when there is a situation of invasive attack by an enemy OR when that State of War is declared by Congress.

In Constitutional declarations, the Congeress is exercising their Constitutionally appointed duty of determining the propriety of war and then declaring the State of War and directing the President to act upon it.

By contrast, the Iraq resolution contains no such language. Instead it is an attempt to GIVE the discretion to the President to use, in the words of the authorization "as he determines to be necessary".

The fact that the Iraq authorization was an unconstitutional transfer of Constituitonal powers, and not a Constitutional declaration is evident in the fact that the President, after it was passed, continued diplomatic efforts for months and did not decide to use military force until much later when he claimed those efforts had failed. Had it been a Constitutional declaration, he would have been bound by the act of Congress to prosecute the war when it was passed.

2) The authorization for Iraq cited, as one of the 2 objectives, the need to enforce United Nations resolutions.

Ask Neo-Cons if they think that our fine military should be made into an enforcement arm of the United Nations. No Neo-Con I have spoken to has had an answer for this... it REALLY stops them dead in their tracks and gets them thinking.

Here are links to the text of both the authorization for use of force in Iraq and the Declaration of War on Japan from WWII:

Iraq authorization: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021002-2.html

Japan declaration: http://www.hbci.com/~tgort/japan.htm

Anyway, just some thoughts. I want to commend the caller and I think he made some really good points that will hopefully jolt some of those Neo-Conservative listeners into deeper thought and study.

Thanks a lot, and thanks for posting those links. This is soooo important.

flames2dust77
01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
wow. just wow.

Sauron
01-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Great job, Derek. You bravely said what needed to be said and lots of people heard you. I'm sure more will follow your lead.

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 12:48 PM

hmmm what were they doing in the 60s and 70s?
http://home.earthlink.net/~coveymaya/images/riot_cop.jpg
http://one-six-one.fifthinfantrydivision.com/carprot.jpg
http://www.hipmarket.com/bookstore/sixties.gif

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Lol, when I was 16 I got myself in big trouble with the law involving alcohol, my friends, and some girls.

Would I do it again? No

You sir, you're the fucking Troll! Tell you what, let's practice a little democracy with this retarded thread, LET'S TAKE A VOTE, who is the troll here?

Derek

or

phree

Please let your voice be heard!
Derek,
Not only have you exposed that warmongering, fascist radio show host for what he is, you have exposed the troll. :D
confirmed, "Dr". phree is a troll that asked to see "my credentials" as a Ron Paul supporter. :D
I got my eye on you dr. phree. ;)

phree
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Ron Paul supporters are lunatics.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 01:00 PM

Fuck off troll...:p

phree
01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
You guys win. You've convinced me that no amount of logic will work with an unfortunately vocal minority of selfish fucks who care more about their personal rage than about Dr. Paul's election.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 01:12 PM
You guys win. You've convinced me that no amount of logic will work with an unfortunately vocal minority of selfish fucks who care more about their personal rage than about Dr. Paul's election.

Fuck you all.

It's nothing about me, Troll. It's nothing about us, Troll. It's even well beyond Ron, Troll. This principle is even beyond our supreme law, our beloved and endangered US Constitution. It's beyond the natural law, Troll. This centers on the 1215 Magna Carta, and that is in the balance. This is why you are an afraid, jealous, and now exposed, Troll. All are BOUND BY LAW, Troll. Nobody is above the law, Troll. If we win, and sooner or later we will, nobody will ever be above the law, Troll!

Yeah yeah yeah, we love you too Troll! Now Fuck off Troll...:p

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 01:13 PM

Fuck you all.

Personal rage? Okay Dr. Phree... all these people have personal rage, which doesn't amount to jack crap, because they are just people, and it is personal. :D
Rage Against The Machine. :D

I hope that this is a farewell?
Too bad the good Dr. Phree can't pump us all with Valium or Prozac so we wouldn't know up from down and wouldn't YELL or show our "personal rage". :D

revolutionary8
01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Too bad having an intellectual, inquistive, and open mind is deemed "lunacy" by the NeoFaction.
We will be exposing this for what it is verrrrry verrrrry soon.

SPmachina033
01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
this is the greatest thing i have ever heard! hahaaaaa

TownHall08
01-24-2008, 01:29 PM
"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

from the movie, Network:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok&feature=related

Fields
01-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Damn, 4600 views. It's great that people are getting to hear some real passion.

Midnight77
01-24-2008, 01:49 PM
This guy definitely didn't do us any favors.

phree
01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
VOTE FOR RON PAUL IT'S THE CONSTITUTION MAN THE NEOCONS ARE FROM MARS BUY BULLETS KILL YOUR DOG IT'S A REVOLUTION 1ST AMENDMENT AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q5/88888888up/captain_kirk.gif

Disclaimer: The preceding message has not been approved by Ron Paul or any other sane individual. You should not actually kill your dog, but you may wish to purchase bullets for after the idiots of the Ron Paul grassroots movement scare away 90% of registered voters and our country falls into an irreversible decline. No trolls were harmed in the making of this satirical but sadly relevant parody.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Damn, 4600 views. It's great that people are getting to hear some real passion.

Yep, that shit ass Troll doesn't want us to be pissed, their does the establishment. They want us in front of a TV set, drinking beer, and rotting our minds with "entertainment". Fuck that shit.

Everyday the talking heads: Medved, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Hannity et al are telling us: everything is fine, we're the greatest country on God's green earth, don't worry, don't be vigilent, go shopping, just the business cycle...that's all, spend money, no worry's other than fundamental Muslims......

Time for a wake up call y'all. I wish I could pay my old chief 10 million dollars [this guy was a 5' 4" Sicillian submariner] to do a 2 minute commercial during the Super bowl on the importance of American vigilance, and the importance there of. This little man could put the fear of God in anyone, quick. His opinions of communism didn't fall on deaf ears.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 01:57 PM
VOTE FOR RON PAUL IT'S THE CONSTITUTION MAN THE NEOCONS ARE FROM MARS BUY BULLETS KILL YOUR DOG IT'S A REVOLUTION 1ST AMENDMENT AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q5/88888888up/captain_kirk.gif

Disclaimer: The preceding message has not been approved by Ron Paul or any other sane individual. You should not actually kill your dog, but you may wish to purchase bullets for after the idiots of the Ron Paul grassroots movement scare away 90% of registered voters and our country falls into an irreversible decline. No trolls were harmed in the making of this satirical but sadly relevant parody.

Fuck off Troll.

phree
01-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Fuck off Troll.

RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q5/88888888up/Batman-Bomb.gif

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Make fun buddy!

And fuck off!

Fields
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Phree your posts are just baiting an arguement.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM

That's his purpose my friend. Have you read 'Screwtape Letters', C.S. Lewis?

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
every one being a little bitch towards Derek after he even said he knew he should not have lost it but shit happens in life needs to fucking grow up.

I would rather support what Derek did on the radio than the people here bitching about it nonstop.

Fields
01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
That's his purpose my friend. Have you read 'Screwtape Letters', C.S. Lewis?

If you're asking me, no I haven't.

JoBurke
01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Make Fun Buddy!

I love it.

phree
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM

Point taken Fields. You'd get a better picture of where I'm coming from if you read the whole thread. I did my best to describe a logical attitude toward campaigning, but like Derek (the angry RP supporter in question), I failed to contain myself while under fire.

Derek is a passionate and important RP supporter, but my problem with him is illustrated in these 2 quotes from the same post.

I don't advocate screaming like a fool that reinforces the MSM jaded view of "RP kooks", far from it.

In retrospect, I wouldn't change a damn thing about either call, even though I gamely charged right into their trap in each case.

All I've been asking is that he choose one of these positions and stick to it. That part of my message stands.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
If you're asking me, no I haven't.

It's a training manual, for demons, on steeling human souls. In the book, the demonic force thrives on human corruption and betrayal. Essentially, ff you act in the image in which you were molded, the demonic force starves and moves on. Such as phree the 'official' Ron Paul Forums dot Com Troll.

The books is chilling, but solid read, C.S. Lewis kicks ass, up their with Ayn Rand.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Point taken Fields. You'd get a better picture of where I'm coming from if you read the whole thread. I did my best to describe a logical attitude toward campaigning, but like Derek (the angry RP supporter in question), I failed to contain myself while under fire.

Derek is a passionate and important RP supporter, but my problem with him is illustrated in these 2 quotes from the same post.

All I've been asking is that he choose one of these positions and stick to it. That part of my message stands.

Circular arguments, ignoring logic, repeating answered/resolved questions and controlling the actions of others is a hallmark technique the uncle screwtape used to trane his nephew 'wormwood'.

This was already resolved here:

Would I do it again? No

You sir, you're the fucking Troll!

Past events do not translate or endorse future behaviour, or judgement thereof, they just give us a chance to correct, well I refuse to subject a promise to this worthless vermin. Sure, we need the school of hard knocks to fine tune and improve and do better, this is natural, but this Troll is reaching for any gap in logic or reason he can, and will desperately do anything to gain attention from me or others elsewhere.

Sure I vented as the OP title implies, and felt good about it. Still do. I probably won't do it again, but hey, who knows? Most of my radio calls are cool, but the Troll ignores that. Troll rests Troll's premise 'on it', dialectic Hegelian nonsense. It's working, but I just want to point this sick behaviour out. People can behave this way when they remain anonymous. This sick little cowardly Troll will not go away, he is fully aware that this retarded threat has almost 5000 views, and will not sulk away regardless of his cowardly, and unproductive behaviour. This is the essence of 'Screwtape'. He needs attention too desperately, and when he gets banned from this forum he will slither elsewhere repeating the same pattern.

Hey Wormwood [phree], is that you, you fucking Troll?

phree
01-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Derek, your last post explains a lot to me. I wish you well.

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Derek, your last post explains a lot to me. I wish you well.

go away.

CountryKeagles
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Good grief man! And you wonder why I call you troll?! LOL Ok fine, this is post 51:

And this is post #52

Post #59:

Post #87

For the last time, please, I've spoken to umpteen millions of radio listeners about 1000 times. I lost my head twice. TWICE! I don't advocate screaming like a fool that reinforces the MSM jaded view of "RP kooks", far from it. I just lost my head, once to Gibson [he's an expert at pulling callers into this] and once to "Gunny Bob". In retrospect, I wouldn't change a damn thing about either call, even though I gamely charged right into their trap in each case. I spoke from the heart both times, that's about all I could ask from anyone. The next 1000 calls will be better....:D

Derek, I want to thank you for your passion toward the Constitution and for not using vulgar language during that call. I heard you appropriately thank the host for his military service and address him respectfully by using the word “sir” 6 times. The very worst thing you said was “crap” and “trash”, not bad compared to some of the language I’ve heard. I have a hard time letting our children experience the full passion of this movement because of vulgar language and use of the Lord’s name in vain. You know the Constitution and your history. I am going to play this call for them tonight so they can hear the true passion of a patriot. I’m glad you’re on our side of this r3VOLution!

Phree – Yes I know I have no “credentials” in your mind, but believe me our whole family has been very active in campaigning for Dr. Paul. I am a home school father of 8 children who are getting to see first hand what American patriotism is all about. We have been in numerous YouTube videos and have even created a few of our own. We have participated in every money-bomb. We have organized several parades and been directly involved in many lit-drops. We even purchased a school bus a few months back and with the help of MeetUp supporters, painted it up for Ron Paul. The college students were using it to canvass Iowa the week leading up to Caucus. Google “The Constitution Coach” or visit http://www.keaglefamily.com/constitutioncoach.html
The list goes on, but I think you get the idea…

phree
01-24-2008, 04:00 PM
You have credentials CountryKeagles, you spelled them out nicely. I like your bus very much.

I find it odd that you think Derek's tirade didn't turn off most voters, half the time he admits as much himself. I'm also surprised that you find his performance a positive role model for your children. To each his own, you know how I feel about it.

Having "credentials" isn't my concept on this forum. It's been discussed in other threads that when someone joins and right away starts promoting controversial viewpoints, it is best if they can show some evidence that they are not here as trolls.

I haven't limited my efforts to sitting at a computer either. I put 4000 miles on a new car traveling to and around NH as an OLFD volunteer. I left my family on Christmas morning and stayed in a group house in New London through the primary. I canvassed, phone banked, poll watched, and sign waved on days where the high temp was in single digits. I've donated money that I don't have using credit cards I shouldn't have. Finally, I've done everything in my power to convince people that rage works against us. Most of that effort has been done on this forum and represents the most difficult thing I have done for this campaign. Derek has certainly invested more time than I have to this campaign, and I'm not listing some of my contributions to try to indicate that I'm better than him or good in any way. I just hope that people will understand that I'm not criticizing Derek as a troll, but as a concerned volunteer.

Like Derek, I find it hard to endure it when other supporters disagree with my positions. Like Derek, I will continue to do what I can to support Dr. Paul.

Derek Johnson
01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Derek, I want to thank you for your passion toward the Constitution and for not using vulgar language during that call. I heard you appropriately thank the host for his military service and address him respectfully by using the word “sir” 6 times. The very worst thing you said was “crap” and “trash”, not bad compared to some of the language I’ve heard. I have a hard time letting our children experience the full passion of this movement because of vulgar language and use of the Lord’s name in vain. You know the Constitution and your history. I am going to play this call for them tonight so they can hear the true passion of a patriot. I’m glad you’re on our side of this r3VOLution!…

Hey thanks a lot, yeah I was sure exercising restraint not to drop the F-bomb on him. The Lord's name in vain is another story, and is something I'm definately sensitive to using and hearing, and I seldom cross that line... My wife and I are pretty passionate believers in God's word, but hardly Bible thumpers, but somewhat weary of the Rapturist/Hagee/Robertson armageddon end of time types. Thanks for homeschooling your kids, as we homeschool our girls, raise goats and chickens, and try to observe the Saturday Sabbath and act right by God. We are far far far from perfect, but it's good to know that there are so many like minded freedom loving people in this great movement back towards liberty, peace, free trade, and personal responsibility. Thanks again for your kind words.

Edit: I feel safe to advise you to ignore the Troll. He has absolutely nothing to do with our cause.

afg.yazoo
01-24-2008, 05:01 PM
guys lets just agree to disagree this time and move on please.

watch this video if you like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IICbx8SKTyc :)

AFM
01-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Maybe the funniest thing Ive ever heard

AFM
01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
"poverty, Welfare. Communism, Socialism, "

arctica2
01-24-2008, 06:05 PM
LOL that was great.

That was an incredible ratio of coherency to intensity... I don't think I've ever heard anyone become that upset and still be that lucid. Thumbs up!

Next time, I'd recommend taking a sedative before calling in though....Hehehe

ziggrl
01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Nothing wrong with a little anger when making a point. Check out Ron Paul on the Morton Downey Jr. show back in 1988. I LOVED Morton Downey Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGGDVm4mmTo&NR=1

ziggrl
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Passivity = defeat

Xenophage
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh my god.

I feel bad for this guy. I feel his anger, but I wish he could have remained calm.

arctica2
01-24-2008, 06:27 PM
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Supporter_absolutely_goes_berserk_on_radi o_host

CountryKeagles
01-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey thanks a lot, yeah I was sure exercising restraint not to drop the F-bomb on him. The Lord's name in vain is another story, and is something I'm definately sensitive to using and hearing, and I seldom cross that line... My wife and I are pretty passionate believers in God's word, but hardly Bible thumpers, but somewhat weary of the Rapturist/Hagee/Robertson armageddon end of time types. Thanks for homeschooling your kids, as we homeschool our girls, raise goats and chickens, and try to observe the Saturday Sabbath and act right by God. We are far far far from perfect, but it's good to know that there are so many like minded freedom loving people in this great movement back towards liberty, peace, free trade, and personal responsibility. Thanks again for your kind words.

Edit: I feel safe to advise you to ignore the Troll. He has absolutely nothing to do with our cause.

You are very passionate about this cause and well studied in history. I appreciate that, and want our children to see this. I do not say Phree has absolutely nothing to do with our cause, but doesn't understand how important the passion and fervor is. I disagree with Phree in that he wants us to stifle our passion towards Liberty and Freedom through Constitutional government. This passion is necessary! I do think it is not necessary to use the Lord's name in vain or vulgar language to do display this passion. You did a great job of showing restrain during this call, I heard where you almost slipped during the Iraq response and I applaud your restrain. I am also sure Ron Paul believes the same way. Let's keep-up the passion and fervor, but refrain from vulgar language for the sake of America and future generations. All our children are avid Ron Paul supporters, mostly because of Mom and Dad, but I would love to have them enjoy the full aspect of patriotism in the future.

Respectfully,

David Keagle

Fields
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Supporter_absolutely_goes_berserk_on_radi o_host

hahah, Derek you are going to be famous if this goes viral. Wikipedia entry might be coming for you.

Derek Johnson
01-25-2008, 09:16 AM
hahah, Derek you are going to be famous if this goes viral. Wikipedia entry might be coming for you.

Naaa, my rage will only reinforce the media smear of our image...you probably don't want that to go viral, I certainly don't....even though I was right as rain, and Gunny was lying through his teeth.

The only thing I don't get is how we have over 100,000 meetup members, even more supporters, and yet so few calls to talk radio. There are a few others calling, sure, but not nearly enough.

Step it up, call talk radio...do as I say [not as I do ;)] and don't scream at the host. And if you do, be clear with your point.....but do call. This is where the rubber hits the road, take some time to call talk radio, please.

Derek Johnson
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
You are very passionate about this cause and well studied in history. I appreciate that, and want our children to see this. I do not say Phree has absolutely nothing to do with our cause, but doesn't understand how important the passion and fervor is. I disagree with Phree in that he wants us to stifle our passion towards Liberty and Freedom through Constitutional government. This passion is necessary! I do think it is not necessary to use the Lord's name in vain or vulgar language to do display this passion. You did a great job of showing restrain during this call, I heard where you almost slipped during the Iraq response and I applaud your restrain. I am also sure Ron Paul believes the same way. Let's keep-up the passion and fervor, but refrain from vulgar language for the sake of America and future generations. All our children are avid Ron Paul supporters, mostly because of Mom and Dad, but I would love to have them enjoy the full aspect of patriotism in the future.

Respectfully,

David Keagle

Thanks a lot David. We are repeating many mistakes, this is what makes history study critical to the [almost] inevitable foreign-international takeover of our sovereignty.

Our limited government was designed to eschew the mercantile, central bank, protectionalist foreign policy of King George, remember that King George signed the treaty with each State, not DC. Even Hamilton, who was the biggest central planner of the founder lot, would be abhorred by the proposed governing of McCain, Romney, Obama, Clinton, Huckabee, Ghool etc.

The founders believed strongly in the free market, free trade, personal responsibility. We must not let up until the original intent is fully restored. Read Washington's farewell address....its tone almost seems to be aimed at the neocons and neolibs to come.

Wisdom isn't sensitive to time. Read the Bible, understand the Magna Carta, and read the constitution.

Ogren
01-25-2008, 09:54 AM
That was hilarious and scary at the same time.

Derek Johnson
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM
That was hilarious and scary at the same time.

Well that Marine made an oath to God and country to defend the US Constitution. Now that he's on the civilian side, he is; lying about it, as well as contorting the constitution and intent to fit the mercantile needs of DC, play partisan politics, and justify the unjustifiable. It's sick.

itshappening
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM
I knew it was Derek, he sounded familar though it was hard to tell because he was so angry...

phree
01-25-2008, 10:19 AM
I do not say Phree has absolutely nothing to do with our cause, but doesn't understand how important the passion and fervor is. I disagree with Phree in that he wants us to stifle our passion towards Liberty and Freedom through Constitutional government. This passion is necessary!

It's funny to me that my involvement in this thread puts my commitment to this cause in question. Fighting to make my point here wasn't fun for me, but it's an expression of my commitment to Dr. Paul. If that's not obvious then you suffer from tunnel vision. If anyone doubts that I've done what I claimed, I'm pretty sure Vijay or Laura of OLFD will vouch for me.

Many people on this forum share my belief that supporters need to exercise restraint. It's not true that I don't understand the importance of passion to this cause, it's just that like all energy it should be channeled properly to give the best result. Temper is the key word, and very often it is missing our approach.

Maybe people that came late to this thread didn't bother to read it entirely. I can understand that, but before judging my level of commitment or my passion a little research might be wise.

You can either take my words and use them to question my involvement in this campaign or you can listen to see if there might not be thread of logic in them. Your choice.

Derek Johnson
01-25-2008, 10:42 AM
It's funny to me that my involvement in this thread puts my commitment to this cause in question. Fighting to make my point here wasn't fun for me, but it's an expression of my commitment to Dr. Paul. If that's not obvious then you suffer from tunnel vision. If anyone doubts that I've done what I claimed, I'm pretty sure Vijay or Laura of OLFD will vouch for me.

Many people on this forum share my belief that supporters need to exercise restraint. It's not true that I don't understand the importance of passion to this cause, it's just that like all energy it should be channeled properly to give the best result. Temper is the key word, and very often it is missing our approach.

Maybe people that came late to this thread didn't bother to read it entirely. I can understand that, but before judging my level of commitment or my passion a little research might be wise.

You can either take my words and use them to question my involvement in this campaign or you can listen to see if there might not be thread of logic in them. Your choice.

Will exercise more restaint. Thanks for your RP support.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-25-2008, 10:47 AM
man i can't get enough of this, this guy is great

Derek Johnson
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
man i can't get enough of this, this guy is great

Actually, I charged right into his trap, but I wanted to make a few points, which I really didn't do. If you read Jefferson's letters, and many others of the period, there was a long discussion about where to place the war MAKING powers. Well, it overwhlemingly went to Article I over fear of a future despotic president. This is where gunny is a liar. Gunny is suggesting Article II justifies bombing or invading whoever, whenever without consulting congress or getting authorization from congress.

That is a Lie.

I'll call gunny again, you call gunny also. And pin him to down with the facts. Even Lincoln recognized that the president can't make war. Although "Honest" Abe betrayed himself by marching 75,000 Federal troops into Virginia in 1861 without congressional consent, and this is what pushed most of the Southern states into secession, besides the economic threat of protection policies that inordinately benefitted the North and the Southern expense, such as the Morrill Tarriff.

My other garbled points were the old "classical" liberal democrat presidents such as Jackson and Cleveland were free traders, constitutional adherants, strongly against corporate welfare, protectional and mercantile policy, and certainly a far cry from the neodemocrats: central bank-Woodrow Wilson forward....you know the socialist neolibs.

Obviously my rant damaged articulating any of this well. I'll call again later and do much better.

Pete Kay
01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
That was hilarious! I loved how in the end after minutes od screaming, he just says in a totally calm voice, "Except for Ron Paul." Good stuff.

phree
01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Will exercise more restaint. Thanks for your RP support.

And I thank you Derek.

Derek Johnson
01-25-2008, 11:07 AM
And I thank you Derek.

Sure thing, and I'm sorry about the way I treated you. Keep up the great work!

I'll keep this forum updated on the coming series of calls to the "Gunny Bob" show. He's not getting off the hook on his so called "war making powers" he claims in Article II of "Gunny Bob's" constitution. In my constitution it's located in Article I, for reason.

Don't worry, I'll be cool ;)

Fields
03-20-2008, 03:33 AM
As an ode to Derek and to the enthused nature of this movement, I bring this thread to life.

kirkblitz
03-20-2008, 03:43 AM
please bump something from last may.you've already bumped something from july.

kigol
03-20-2008, 08:40 AM
woah

pacelli
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Derek are you still around?

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-20-2008, 09:15 AM
get pissed :eek:

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
"...except for Ron Paul!"

Beautiful :D:)

Fields
03-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Derek are you still around?

He hasn't posted in over a month. Probably tending to the family since that would be his priority.

hotbrownsauce
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I loved that audio clip... you can feel the displeased part of Dereck. First you have to get angry before you stand up. You have to get angry first.

I think a lot of people feel as angry as him, I sure as hell do. But I use it constructively, not all anger is bad.

garrettwombat
03-20-2008, 05:41 PM
hahaha i love this guy!!!! this is great!!

Derek Johnson
04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
yep, still here, county delegate...but my work has increased to almost 100 hrs per week...so I won't be posting much these days :(

RP forever!

oh yeah, these Republicans aren't conservative, cept for Ron Paul ;)

ClayTrainor
04-20-2008, 12:05 AM
wholy fuck, he really went nuts...

Conza88
04-20-2008, 12:14 AM
LOL that was awesome.

Soccrmastr
04-20-2008, 12:20 AM
At least the ron paul guy knew what he was tlaking about! Definetly knew his stuff. Wish he didnt scream though lol.

Jodi's mom
04-20-2008, 04:24 PM

Rage against the neocon radio.

Thanks for posting the U-tube, Derek! I downloaded the clip from the first page and I don't know where they go, but I can never find them.

Gunny Bob is an ass. The only way to counter them is to turn their weapons back on them. Notice the question to the last caller. "Do you believe 9-11 was the fault of America? Yes or No!" That is not a simple question to answer. We need to come up with questions that corner them. Like: Do you believe in the Constitution? Yes, no? If they say yes, then ask "Then why do you continue to defend those who've obviously and blatantly broken our laws?"

Fields
06-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Updated to the youtube :)