PDA

View Full Version : Hour Long Money Bomb Poll (decide time of day)

affa
01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
We need to determine the best time of day for this.

I think we've decided pretty much unanimously for this poll to 'roll' across time zones, which not only lightens server load but creates a sort of competition for each time zone to outdo the last.

Things to take into consideration:

Too early and people aren't home from work.
Too early and people are eating dinner.
Too late and people might be asleep - but it might also create more anticipation since we're up late for it.

Midnight to 1am has a significant patriotic tie in to (Ron) Paul Revere's Midnight Ride that we could use to promote and even name it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Revere

Possible names include:
Ron Paul's Power Hour
The 60 Minuteman Money Bomb
The Midnight Ride of Ron Paul Revere
(and any others you guys throw out here)

EDITED TO ADD -
IMPORTANT
Pick a day here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=99173

Royksopp
01-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Judging from the statistics of the previous moneybombs, most money comes in between 12pm and 1pm.

This also incorperates the different timezones, as it is not particularly hard to donate at 10am or 11am if the major timezone is donating at 12.

Royksopp
01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Ah shit, no option for that.

And rolling timezone is a terrible idea. The media will describe it as a 3hour moneybomb, not 1.

mannycp
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
bump

Austin
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
I also oppose a rolling time zone, thought it the competition could get an extra few hundred thousand...

Also, if we decide to stick with one time zone, I would suggest 6-7 PST.

affa
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I also oppose a rolling time zone, thought it the competition could get an extra few hundred thousand...

Also, if we decide to stick with one time zone, I would suggest 6-7 PST.

Once we decide on a time, we can rethink the rolling vs. non rolling.

The reason we went with rolling is to prevent server crash.

RobS
01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
One time zone please! Media is stupid, they wouldn't get multiple time zones.

I think 9 PM est would be best, plenty of time for most people to have gotten out of work and settled down.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Do it during the CNN debate this Jan 30. Bomb starts as soon as Paul gets his first question. Each timezone begins with this plan as the debates air.

JustBcuz
01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Judging from the statistics of the previous moneybombs, most money comes in between 12pm and 1pm.

This also incorperates the different timezones, as it is not particularly hard to donate at 10am or 11am if the major timezone is donating at 12.

I voted 8-9...

...but if this thing is on a weekend noon to 1 is probably better.

terryhamel
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
For a money bomb to be effective, there needs to be media reports. The media does NOT report it, so it fails in it's goal. Media complicity is required for effectiveness. Without media complicity, it's just an egocentric activity.

A continued, sustained stream of donations is the only way Ron can plan, project and keep up the good fight. We all want Ron to win, so we all need to donate often. Money bombs actually hurt the campaign because they withhold money from Ron when he needs it. Just like a business, you can't operate on boom/bust cycles - you need sustained income.

The money bomb was a fine idea until the media proved it wasn't going to be complicit. We need to adapt if we are to win Ron the presidency. If people really want to help Ron, they'll throw money at his campaign often. Instead of talk and websites of money bombs, there should be talk and websites of continued contributions. Throw some goals in there such as "X dollars for Super Bowl ads" and you help Ron spread the message.