PDA

View Full Version : I received a letter from a Fred Thompson supporter today...

V4Vendetta
01-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Here's a little note I got from a friend:

I must tell you that I have been very impressed with the showing of Ron Paul.
Thompson & Ron Paul seem to carry the banners of national sovereignty, federalism and limited government, very well.

I have researched Ron Paul's issue's a lot, the past 2 months.
I was shocked to find out that Barry Goldwater's son, Barry Goldwater Junior, has endorsed Ron Paul.

Barry Goldwater, Jr. Endorses Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r27Az_Mns

During the Exploratory phase, Barry Goldwater Jr. Invited Ron Paul to his house
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPoFXl97wv4

It really seems that Ron Paul is the only one left that has true Goldwater-Reaganite conservative principles!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/45/ron-paul-endorsed-by-barry-goldwater-jr
November 16, 2007 10:16 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA—Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul today gained a public endorsement from Barry M. Goldwater, Jr.

"America is at a crossroads," said Mr. Goldwater. "We have begun to stray from our traditions and must get back to what has made us the greatest nation on earth or we will lose much of the freedom we hold dear. Ron Paul stands above all of the other candidates in his commitment to liberty and to America."

"Leading America is difficult, and I know Ron Paul is the man for the job," he added.

Mr. Goldwater is the son of the late former Republican presidential candidate and Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater. Barry Goldwater, Jr. served in the House of Representatives for six terms with Texas Congressman Paul, and is currently on the Board of Directors of the Goldwater Institute. After representing northern Los Angeles County in Washington, D.C. for 14 years, Mr. Goldwater retired from politics in 1983 to pursue a successful career in business and humanitarian ventures.

"The Ron Paul campaign is exceptionally honored by Mr. Goldwater's endorsement," said Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. "Dr. Paul and Congressman Goldwater fought together in the Congress for the ideals of limited constitutional government that Mr. Goldwater's father so tirelessly advocated. The Goldwaters have left an indelible mark on the Republican Party, and theirs is a legacy which Congressman Paul will certainly inherit as President."

The late Barry M. Goldwater, Sr. sparked the modern conservative movement and was the Republican Party presidential nominee in 1964.
It seems Mr. Paul, yesterday, has also been endorsed by:
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/01/your-work-is-pa.html
"Yesterday, former New Mexico Governor Gary "Veto" Johnson announced that he is supporting Dr. Paul for president. Governor Johnson is an icon to small-government conservatives and libertarians for his long-standing commitment to the principles of the Founders. You can read our press release here.

This morning, Ron Paul also received the glowing endorsement of Donald L. Luskin, a prominent financial commentator on CNBC and Chief Investment Officer for Trend Macrolytics LLC. You can read Don's editorial in National Review about why Ron Paul is right for America here.

Finally, Dr. Paul hosted a press conference this morning with well-known pro-life activist Norma McCorvey, better known as 'Jane Roe' from the infamous Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade."
The lady that started this whole abortion mess, has been converted to Christianity, and is now pro-life, and endorsing Ron Paul!

AND The other day Cal Thomas, one of my conservative heroes of all time, said this about Ron Paul:
http://www.calthomas.com/index.php?news=2158
"MIKE HUCKABEE ALSO SOUNDS LIKE A BIG GOVERNMENT REPUBLICAN. THE ONLY ONE BEHAVING LIKE A REAL REPUBLICAN IS RON PAUL, WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO CUT SPENDING AND GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR LIVES. HE WON'T WIN THE NOMINATION BECAUSE TOO MANY REPUBLICANS ARE INTO HANDOUTS AND REDISTRIBUTION, JUST LIKE DEMOCRATS"

So Basically, Since Fred Thompson Has Dropped out, I have decided to go with Ron Paul.

The rest of them, I can not ever endorse, support, or vote for.

I sincerely hope that you will consider Ron Paul. Like I said, I have been researching him for about 2 months now, and he sounds a lot like Goldwater, and Reagan! So much so, I feel bad for not listening to him sooner.

His issue on the Federal Reserve is also interesting, and that has opened up a whole new world to me.
I ran across a video the other day of Ronald Regan back from the 60's on youtube, talking about the federal reserve, and how bad it was.

Like I said, I believe I will be supporting Ron Paul from now on.

newmedia4ron
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
please forward that email to any friends that supported Fred Thompson ASAP

VicVixvi
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I liked Fred. His supporters will find a *lot* that they like in the Ron Paul camp.

BULBASAUR!
01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
This is exactly why we need to make Goldwater his running mate!

Paul, Goldwater '08!

I can see the bumber stickers now...

bolognium
01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
This is exactly why we need to make Goldwater his running mate!

Paul, Goldwater '08!

I can see the bumber stickers now...

Absolutely. That would be a huge boost to the campaign..

Rebel Resource
01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
This is the time when you try and remember if we were too rude to Fred fans.....and a casual reminder to strengthen friendships with Huckleberries :)

louisiana4liberty
01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
I think Mr. Thompson is a nice guy. My beliefs only allow me to vote for RP, but I think Thompson is overall a very nice person. Those 3 others are just downright sketchy and ego-driven.

nodope0695
01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Big Bump

Soccrmastr
01-23-2008, 07:28 PM
probably a RP supporter doing psyops as a Fredhead to get more attention

Knightskye
01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
"So Basically, since Fred Thomas has dropped out..."

WTF?! Fred Thomas???

Who wrote this?

liberteebell
01-23-2008, 07:37 PM
This is the time when you try and remember if we were too rude to Fred fans.....and a casual reminder to strengthen friendships with Huckleberries :)

Yes, be nice. Sugar attracts more flies than vinegar.

If you'll begin your talk with Fredheads by saying, "I really like Fred but...", you might be surprised at the positive reaction you'll get; there are many areas of agreement and the only big disagreement is national defense (I think RP needs to talk more about a strong national defense). I have found most Fredheads to be the most well-informed and reasonable of all the republicans.

Jodi
01-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Today on the glenn beck radio show the second caller was a fred head who said he was turning to Dr. Paul.

Highstreet
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
bump

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 04:59 AM
bump

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2008, 05:01 AM
Looks like huckaberries aren't doing a good job at converting the Thompson supporters to the radical christian side.

free.alive
01-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Someone Please Dig Up The Reagan Anti-federal Reserve Video - This Can Be A Great Tool For Us!

Agora
01-24-2008, 05:49 AM
bump

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 07:56 AM
bump

Sarge
01-24-2008, 08:15 AM
V,

The problem as I see it is, we don't have time for all of the Fred supporters to take 2 month's to learn about Dr. Paul.

If they got behind us with their efforts and money, there will be no stopping us winning.

Is there any chance your friend could be convinced to send out this email to their meetup groups or forums? That might help speed up the conversion process.

Many states are mailing in their absentee ballots right now.

slamhead
01-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Better yet...go to fec.gov and download a list of supporters for your zip code and send them a letter.

driller80545
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
he's catchin on!

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 08:33 AM
V,

The problem as I see it is, we don't have time for all of the Fred supporters to take 2 month's to learn about Dr. Paul.

If they got behind us with their efforts and money, there will be no stopping us winning.

Is there any chance your friend could be convinced to send out this email to their meetup groups or forums? That might help speed up the conversion process.

Many states are mailing in their absentee ballots right now.

I know what you're saying, And I am sure he has already done so. They would be more likely to listen to someone they know, that has supported Thompson with them, than listen to me, someone they have never met.

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Better yet...go to fec.gov and download a list of supporters for your zip code and send them a letter.

thats a very good idea, but the problem is, the F.E.C. still hasn't released the 4th quarter total of donations, yet.

jasonuher
01-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Someone Please Dig Up The Reagan Anti-federal Reserve Video - This Can Be A Great Tool For Us!

lol, I looked as soon as I read that, but I couldn't find it... :(

Sarge
01-24-2008, 08:40 AM
V,

I agree it is better coming from them. I just hope it is in time with all the absentee ballots that are being mailed or have been mailed.

Paul Revered
01-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Here's a little note I got from a friend:

I must tell you that I have been very impressed with the showing of Ron Paul.
Thompson & Ron Paul seem to carry the banners of national sovereignty, federalism and limited government, very well.

I have researched Ron Paul's issue's a lot, the past 2 months.
I was shocked to find out that Barry Goldwater's son, Barry Goldwater Junior, has endorsed Ron Paul.

Barry Goldwater, Jr. Endorses Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r27Az_Mns

During the Exploratory phase, Barry Goldwater Jr. Invited Ron Paul to his house
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPoFXl97wv4

It really seems that Ron Paul is the only one left that has true Goldwater-Reaganite conservative principles!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/45/ron-paul-endorsed-by-barry-goldwater-jr
November 16, 2007 10:16 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA—Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul today gained a public endorsement from Barry M. Goldwater, Jr.

"America is at a crossroads," said Mr. Goldwater. "We have begun to stray from our traditions and must get back to what has made us the greatest nation on earth or we will lose much of the freedom we hold dear. Ron Paul stands above all of the other candidates in his commitment to liberty and to America."

"Leading America is difficult, and I know Ron Paul is the man for the job," he added.

Mr. Goldwater is the son of the late former Republican presidential candidate and Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater. Barry Goldwater, Jr. served in the House of Representatives for six terms with Texas Congressman Paul, and is currently on the Board of Directors of the Goldwater Institute. After representing northern Los Angeles County in Washington, D.C. for 14 years, Mr. Goldwater retired from politics in 1983 to pursue a successful career in business and humanitarian ventures.

"The Ron Paul campaign is exceptionally honored by Mr. Goldwater's endorsement," said Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. "Dr. Paul and Congressman Goldwater fought together in the Congress for the ideals of limited constitutional government that Mr. Goldwater's father so tirelessly advocated. The Goldwaters have left an indelible mark on the Republican Party, and theirs is a legacy which Congressman Paul will certainly inherit as President."

The late Barry M. Goldwater, Sr. sparked the modern conservative movement and was the Republican Party presidential nominee in 1964.
It seems Mr. Paul, yesterday, has also been endorsed by:
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/01/your-work-is-pa.html
"Yesterday, former New Mexico Governor Gary "Veto" Johnson announced that he is supporting Dr. Paul for president. Governor Johnson is an icon to small-government conservatives and libertarians for his long-standing commitment to the principles of the Founders. You can read our press release here.

This morning, Ron Paul also received the glowing endorsement of Donald L. Luskin, a prominent financial commentator on CNBC and Chief Investment Officer for Trend Macrolytics LLC. You can read Don's editorial in National Review about why Ron Paul is right for America here.

Finally, Dr. Paul hosted a press conference this morning with well-known pro-life activist Norma McCorvey, better known as 'Jane Roe' from the infamous Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade."
The lady that started this whole abortion mess, has been converted to Christianity, and is now pro-life, and endorsing Ron Paul!

AND The other day Cal Thomas, one of my conservative heroes of all time, said this about Ron Paul:
http://www.calthomas.com/index.php?news=2158
"MIKE HUCKABEE ALSO SOUNDS LIKE A BIG GOVERNMENT REPUBLICAN. THE ONLY ONE BEHAVING LIKE A REAL REPUBLICAN IS RON PAUL, WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO CUT SPENDING AND GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR LIVES. HE WON'T WIN THE NOMINATION BECAUSE TOO MANY REPUBLICANS ARE INTO HANDOUTS AND REDISTRIBUTION, JUST LIKE DEMOCRATS"

So Basically, Since Fred Thomas Has Dropped out, I have decided to go with Ron Paul.

The rest of them, I can not ever endorse, support, or vote for.

I sincerely hope that you will consider Ron Paul. Like I said, I have been researching him for about 2 months now, and he sounds a lot like Goldwater, and Reagan! So much so, I feel bad for not listening to him sooner.

His issue on the Federal Reserve is also interesting, and that has opened up a whole new world to me.
I ran across a video the other day of Ronald Regan back from the 60's on youtube, talking about the federal reserve, and how bad it was.

Like I said, I believe I will be supporting Ron Paul from now on. I posted this on MySpace.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 08:55 AM
I think Mr. Thompson is a nice guy. My beliefs only allow me to vote for RP, but I think Thompson is overall a very nice person. Those 3 others are just downright sketchy and ego-driven.

I agree although I wouldn't label him a nice guy except in relation to the other repubs in the game except Dr Paul. He did have some genuinely witty things to say, but from the get-go he did not appear to want to be POTUS. It seems he took some shots at the others that helped RP out as well.

Best
Randy

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 09:19 AM
lol, I looked as soon as I read that, but I couldn't find it... :(

He might have been talking about this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STLR6tFP4S4

Joe3113
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
woo frikken hooo!!! :D

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
bump

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
bump

billyjoeallen
01-24-2008, 02:17 PM
WTF?! Fred Thomas???

Who wrote this?

HuntforFredOctober

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Lol

madRazor
01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Another reason tonight's debate is HUGE. A lot of Fred-heads will be tuning in looking for a campaign to join. And hopefully it will be RP.

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Another reason tonight's debate is HUGE. A lot of Fred-heads will be tuning in looking for a campaign to join. And hopefully it will be RP.

yep

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 08:25 PM
bump

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
jh

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 11:15 PM

V4Vendetta
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Look, Theres a BLIMP!!!!!!!!!!!

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
fred thompson plays an awesome senator on tv.

definately not in the game for ideals though, hes a platitudes man.

V4Vendetta
01-26-2008, 07:36 AM
bump

V4Vendetta
01-29-2008, 02:04 PM
look... over there....... it's a blimp!

V4Vendetta
02-02-2008, 04:37 PM
bump

pacelli
02-02-2008, 04:39 PM
probably a RP supporter doing psyops as a Fredhead to get more attention