PDA

View Full Version : Now that the economy is tanking, Ron Paul becomes respected by the MSM?

Pete Kay
01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
What's going on here? Wasn't Ron Paul in the middle of a media blackout? He's been getting barely any press, but then the market crashes and all of the sudden everyone wants to hear Ron Paul's ideas on the economy.

And not only does he get multiple MSM interviews in one day, every single interviewer is respectful and courteous and actually portrays Ron Paul as knowledgeable and someone that you should be listening to. I am amazed!

Has it happened? Has Ron Paul found his niche with the MSM? Ron Paul = economics master.

Trigonx
01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
What's going on here? Wasn't Ron Paul in the middle of a media blackout? He's been getting barely any press, but then the market crashes and all of the sudden everyone wants to hear Ron Paul's ideas on the economy.

And not only does he get multiple MSM interviews in one day, every single interviewer is respectful and courteous and actually portrays Ron Paul as knowledgeable and someone that you should be listening to. I am amazed!

Has it happened? Has Ron Paul found his niche with the MSM? Ron Paul = economics master.

we predicted that once the economy starts melting down RP's message would outshine the others because Ron Paul understands the roots of the problem unlike the other candidates.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Ron Paul ruined the economy to win the election! OMFG! BBQ!

Either way, he's out there and that's good.

affa
01-23-2008, 06:52 PM
They tried interviewing the other candidates regarding the economy but their microphones only picked up the chirps of crickets.

digiphaze
01-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I think whats happened, is that at first, the MSM establishment felt threatened by his downsizing ideas of the government. But now they probably feel much more threatened by the bad economy. So I believe the MSM is compromising.

A smart CEO will try and make their company great through Market means, rather than Lobbying. And I think some have conceded that they will give Dr Paul a chance now.

crackyflipside

That was the secret from HQ... :D

Pete Kay
we predicted that once the economy starts melting down RP's message would outshine the others because Ron Paul understands the roots of the problem unlike the other candidates.

Yes, I've read the predictions, but I never really believed them. I mean c'mon, the MSM treating Ron Paul like his ideas are actually worth listening to? That just seemed crazy. But now I guess it has happened. I'm shocked.

Just think about this. Here's the MSM basically saying, "You should really be listening to Ron Paul talk about the economy. He really knows what he's talking about." That's just an enormous step for the MSM and for the campaign. Instead of Ron Paul being portrayed as a crackpot, he is being portrayed as wise and thoughtful.

Ranger29860
01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
we got to be carefull here there only one step away from spinning this bad ...What presidential canidate benifits the most from a failing economy?

ye all have been warned :D

Pete Kay
01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I think whats happened, is that at first, the MSM establishment felt threatened by his downsizing ideas of the government. But now they probably feel much more threatened by the bad economy. So I believe the MSM is compromising.

A smart CEO will try and make their company great through Market means, rather than Lobbying. And I think some have conceded that they will give Dr Paul a chance now.

You are probably right on that one. It's like all these CEOs finally saw Ron Paul's predictions come to light and decided that his ideas weren't so bad after all. In fact they decided he was right.

Did you notice that in the Cavuto interview, Neil sounded sad about Ron Paul's predictions. It's like Ron Paul burst his bubble. He was wanting Ron Paul to come on and say everything was going to be okay, but when he didn't Cavuto's heart broke.

dseisner
01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Yes, I've read the predictions, but I never really believed them. I mean c'mon, the MSM treating Ron Paul like his ideas are actually worth listening to? That just seemed crazy. But now I guess it has happened. I'm shocked.

Just think about this. Here's the MSM basically saying, "You should really be listening to Ron Paul talk about the economy. He really knows what he's talking about." That's just an enormous step for the MSM and for the campaign. Instead of Ron Paul being portrayed as a crackpot, he is being portrayed as wise and thoughtful.

I don't believe any of this until I have some youtubes! Until then, no dice.

american.swan
01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
They tried interviewing the other candidates regarding the economy but their microphones only picked up the chirps of crickets.

HAHA

dkim68
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
What the MSM is doing is stealing his platform on resolving the economy and handing it over to McCain, Romney and Hillary. As soon as Paul's opponents are practiced and ready the MSM will blackout Paul again and the rest of the candidates will run with Paul's ideas as if they were their own.

crink
01-23-2008, 07:03 PM
What the MSM is doing is gathering material for McCain, Romney and Hillary. As soon as Paul's opponents are practiced and ready the MSM will blackout Paul again and the rest of the candidates will steal his platform on resolving the economy.

OH SHIT! I didn't think of that...

mjp1025
01-23-2008, 07:03 PM
DKim, that just might be close to the truth!

jsgolfman
01-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Give that man a cigar.

RSLudlum
What the MSM is doing is gathering material for McCain, Romney and Hillary. As soon as Paul's opponents are practiced and ready they'll blackout Paul again and the rest of the candidates will steal his platform on resolving the economy.

of course, minus Paul's sincerity.

Paul Revered

Has it happened? Has Ron Paul found his niche with the MSM? Ron Paul = economics master.I posted this on MySpace.

Johnnybags
01-23-2008, 07:05 PM
all crinkled up in his pocket not worth the paper its printed on and McCains veto Pen while paying trillions for a 100 yr Iraq invasion be good for the economy? I love when Rudy is on TV pulling it out all crumpled in his pocket, its right here, 1 page. I think the MSM is just dumb, they do not get it either.

KewlRonduderules
01-23-2008, 07:06 PM
What the MSM is doing is stealing his platform on resolving the economy and handing it over to McCain, Romney and Hillary. As soon as Paul's opponents are practiced and ready the MSM will blackout Paul again and the rest of the candidates will run with Paul's ideas as if they were their own.

My thoughts exactly!

They are trying to be smooth.

You know the candidates need to be prepared for tomorrows debate.

;)

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM

My bubble just burst.

InLoveWithRon
01-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't believe any of this until I have some youtubes! Until then, no dice.

The youtubes of the msnbc and fox interviews are stickied at the top of the grassroots forum page

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=98826

Trigonx
01-23-2008, 07:13 PM

we got a winner. i had not thought of it that way until you brought up the point and I believe you are absolutely correct.

Crickett
01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, I think that they figured out how to fix all the voting so they don't give a flip anymore. Now they know he can't win no matter what, so they may as well not look so bad at manipulation. Sure hope we catch them...On top of THAT, MANY foreigners have been writing them and their own newspapers about the bias and black outs of the media in America. This just started strongly 2 days ago, and I also think that has had an effect.

Crickett
01-23-2008, 07:20 PM
we got a winner. i had not thought of it that way until you brought up the point and I believe you are absolutely correct.

You should have SEEN all the economy articles on some back pages of the CFR.org website last week. I knew all the candidates were getting a crash course on them..it was so obvious..

spudea
01-23-2008, 07:23 PM

Seriously. If ron paul is the enemy of the banks, why would the banks allow this depression during election season?

NOOO RON, DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE ACTUALLY ONE OF THEM!

digiphaze
01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Seriously. If ron paul is the enemy of the banks, why would the banks allow this depression during election season?

Because the banks are not as in control of the economy as they think they are.

Trigonx
01-23-2008, 07:28 PM
You should have SEEN all the economy articles on some back pages of the CFR.org website last week. I knew all the candidates were getting a crash course on them..it was so obvious..

hahah, the sad thing is the other candidates won't understand it but they will try and speak it as if they have known it their whole lives.

Bruce4Ron
01-23-2008, 07:34 PM

One of the banks were just bought up by Saudi Arabia

xcalybur
01-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I saw one of the interviews and at the end of it I had forgotten that Ron Paul was a Presidential candidate and I thought I had just heard the views of an economic expert on the crash that is happenning. Honestly, I don't even remember them mentioning that he is a candidate.

Knightskye
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
The official website says Ron was on MSNBC at 2:46 p.m. (pretty unusual time to have an interview), and Cavuto at 4:00 p.m. But I looked on YouTube and couldn't find either. Hope someone uploads footage tomorrow. :)

pacelli
01-23-2008, 07:48 PM

+1984

Rhys
01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Check it....

there's two wings of the press. The left and the right. The left is in control. The right is split between fiscal conservatives and warhawks. The fiscals like Ron Paul. The leftists HATE Ron Paul's deregulation and market forces and no welfare. The warhawks HATE his non interventionism. Unfortunately the left and the warhawks are teamed up since at least the summer.

but i think it's true that Ron Paul's stock is rising. Huck's the only one left who knows how to talk Ron Paul. Romney is Keynesian and Rudy has his own one sheet tax deal.

I'm not sure that this was a dishonest day for the media, cause Ron Paul's ideas are no secret. I could have said yesterday what he said today it's so predictable by now. And... they were respectful, which is a first for Cavuoto.

nbhadja
01-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Why would they bring him on their networks and have him say his ideas if they were gonna steal and make the other candidates appear as if it was their ideas? Everyone just saw Ron Paul talk about it today on several major networks before the other candidates did.

If they were gonna steal it they didn't need to bring him in for a interview and say it before everyone else, they already knew his economic views (it's not like they just learned about it today).

pacelli
01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Why would they bring him on their networks and have him say his ideas if they were gonna steal and make the other candidates appear as if it was their ideas? Everyone just saw Ron Paul talk about it today on several major networks before the other candidates did.

If they were gonna steal it they didn't need to bring him in for a interview and say it before everyone else, they already knew his economic views (it's not like they just learned about it today).

What they will do is pimp & re-play the other candidates. They have their 'obligatory' RP interviews on the economy, aired when most people aren't home to watch TV. Then prime time hits on debate night tomorrow and we'll see Romney, McCain, Giuliani. They did Paul today to avoid blowback, but also to get him out of the way.

BeFranklin
01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
The official website says Ron was on MSNBC at 2:46 p.m. (pretty unusual time to have an interview), and Cavuto at 4:00 p.m. But I looked on YouTube and couldn't find either. Hope someone uploads footage tomorrow. :)

They are right at the top of the forum in a sticky note!!!!

ihsv
01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Hmmmm... did anyone notice how the media stocks (Faux, MSNBC, etc.,) were doing yesterday/today before the Plunge Protection Team jumped in? It'd be interesting to see if they were going down, too. Maybe it's the old "self preservation" mentality? I dunno.

nbhadja
01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Hmmmm... did anyone notice how the media stocks (Faux, MSNBC, etc.,) were doing yesterday/today before the Plunge Protection Team jumped in? It'd be interesting to see if they were going down, too. Maybe it's the old "self preservation" mentality? I dunno.

Hope their stocks plummet so badly.

spudea
01-23-2008, 08:27 PM

News Corp hit an all time low, and closed at 19.05 on tuesday. They are back up a little today though.

Molly1
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM

LOL!!!

itshappening
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM

wow, great point.. they're playing the tapes now and rehearsing for the debate to steal his ideas...

ihsv
01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
News Corp hit an all time low, and closed at 19.05 on tuesday. They are back up a little today though.

Awsome!

Edit:

Here's what I found:

Last close $16.32
52 week high $19.41
52 week low $15.30
Year to date price change (YTD) Down15.00%
Change relative to S&P 500 (YTD) Down12.62%

Pete Kay
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by dkim68

Stop with the conspiracy theories. Do you think that any of the other candidates are going to be able to learn economics in a few days? Or even weeks?

Maybe, just maybe, the MSM actually respects what Ron Paul has to say on economics. First there was Glen Beck, then there was MSNBC and then there was Cavuto. All three had Ron Paul on just to specifically talk about economics and all three were glowing in their praise. So we have the real possibility that Ron Paul has found his place in the media. Before they didn't know how to label him or present him. Now they do. "Next we will be having Ron Paul, economics master, on the show."

rg123
01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Do not be suckered in by the MSM 2 calm interviews mean nothing. Everyone allways gets suckered in & then the next day or week their calling him a racist over & over until you want to throw the tv out the window but you can't because you have to keep track of all the lies
they show. Do not ever forget how Fox cut him out of the debates and people like Michelle Malkin went on tv wearing tin foil hats and calling him a nut. Morning Joe saying he's a nutjob,
everyone in Congress thinks he's nuts. Leopards dont change their spots. The government has been feeding us lies for decades one day of interviews don't mean %^$%^#. I suggest we still hammer them all and still boycott their sponsers on all the networks. This is just to make us slow down on us informing the people on their propaganda by giving us a cookie to make us say well maybe they aren't so bad after all and are finally seeing things our way. As the saying goes Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me

RSLudlum
01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Has anybody else noticed if any of the other candidates mention 'China' at all? It seem that Paul is not only challenging the political status quo of America but also China. Doesn't China also has a vested interest in Paul not getting elected?

How can we play this up even more: Ron Paul is the only candidate willing to stand up to communist China!!

dkim68
01-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Stop with the conspiracy theories. Do you think that any of the other candidates are going to be able to learn economics in a few days? Or even weeks?
It's no theory. Haven't you been watching the news? They've already pulled this trick. You mean you haven't seen the clips of Huckabee, Thompson, McCain, Guiliani, and Hillary all doing their best Ron Paul impersonations? Speaking of defending the Constitution as if it were in their blood? Please. Huckabee is the most blatant, shameless copycat of them all taking from Paul's speeches almost word-for-word. It's no conspiracy. Why would it be crazy to suggest they're plagarizing Ron Paul? It's already happened and is happening.

Spideynw
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Has anybody else noticed if any of the other candidates mention 'China' at all? It seem that Paul is not only challenging the political status quo of America but also China. Doesn't China also has a vested interest in Paul not getting elected?

How can we play this up even more: Ron Paul is the only candidate willing to stand up to communist China!!

No China does not care. If anything, they would prefer Ron Paul get in office, since they are losing money right now with the inflation of the dollar.

Rhys
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
It's no theory. Haven't you been watching the news? They've already pulled this trick. You mean you haven't seen the clips of Huckabee, Thompson, McCain, Guiliani, and Hillary all doing their best Ron Paul impersonations? Speaking of defending the Constitution as if it were in their blood? Please. Huckabee is the most blatant, shameless copycat of them all taking from Paul's speeches almost word-for-word. It's no conspiracy. Why would it be crazy to suggest they're plagarizing Ron Paul? It's already happened and is happening.

it's called pandering and it comes from the campaigns, not the media.

ButchHowdy
01-23-2008, 09:45 PM
What Ron Paul spoke of is 1/10000 of 1% of the facts that occupy his brain.

These puppets-in-training probably need a daily primer in assembling a Windsor knot.

I mean, here's McCain trying to remember which country Putin runs:

http://dailywebb.com/?p=303

Mark37snj
01-23-2008, 09:45 PM

Think of it this way; NOW that a bad economy is a REALITY, they have to interview someone. WHO are they going to interview?

Huckelberry will pray to god to fix it and the answer will be more taxes
McInsane will say we need more wars to boost weapons production
Gouliani will just babble 911
Romney may embarass MSM by FlipFlopping on his previous economic stance(s)
Shilllary and Oslama will just accuse each other over it
Edwards will say its trial laywers and we need universal health care coverage

The MSM does not want to look stupid on this issue so they run to the MASTER!!

dawnbt
01-23-2008, 09:49 PM

+1000

dawnbt
01-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, I think that they figured out how to fix all the voting so they don't give a flip anymore. Now they know he can't win no matter what, so they may as well not look so bad at manipulation. Sure hope we catch them...On top of THAT, MANY foreigners have been writing them and their own newspapers about the bias and black outs of the media in America. This just started strongly 2 days ago, and I also think that has had an effect.

For real? Awsome!! That's how supporters overseas can help!

eugenius
01-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Maybe the main stream media are starting to realize that RP would be saving their lives as well as everyone else's. We can only hope.

Richandler
01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
It's a good thing the Fed will not cut again before Super Tuesday. Hopefully the economy takes a real hard nose dive and Paul is seen as the candidate who knew it and has the only real solution.

eugenius
01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
It is peculiar that he'd get any attention. Maybe they do think they're invincible.

VoteForRonPaul
01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Keep dreaming!

dkim68
01-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Now that the economy is tanking, Ron Paul becomes respected by the MSM?
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/36500/36822veri_w.jpg