PDA

View Full Version : ****DEAR RON PAUL BLIMP/SUPER BOWL AD TEAM*****Please READ!!!

BLS
01-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I have many of the same concerns as others. I donated $50 to the blimp.
I know...it's nothing. A drop in the bucket...but it's still $50 to me.

That being said, I want to know BEFOREHAND what wages each person involved in this will be. I do not feel like the blimp was handled very well, but I too understand you guys are learning as you go, and don't have the benefit of experience. I am empathetic.

However, I personally cannot donate this project without knowing specifics, along with a promise to reveal how, where, and who this money was spent on.

I also have NO problem with you making a profit (if you are fortunate enough to).
But I don't want to be gouged. If someone comes up with an ad better than FrankDogg's (and I doubt you will honestly) or you determine you will use his, and you ask for money, the ad better run.

No excuses like "well, the material wasn't available" or "they're sewing the other banner right now".

I'm sorry....if I am being cynical. I'm really not trying to be, and I also realize I don't have thousands to throw at this, but I don't think that these PRErequesites are outrageous.

Here's what I'm trying to say:

If you come here and say "Look, here's what it's going to cost. This is where they will run, here's what we'll get paid for our efforts (and quitting our daytime jobs), and here's the ad we're going to run", you WILL GET MONEY.
(As long as the ad doesn't suck of course).

If you can bring those things to the table....you'll get more than enough money.

My suggestion is

1. use Frankdogg's ad. (find another soundtrack if you must).
(Also, let me know if you need help with this...I have a superb musician friend who can get something to you, royalty free.....as I'm sure can many others here)

2. Arrange 3 tiers of markets.
a. Essential markets (minimum markets needed to make an impact)
b. Requested markets (Essential Markets + those "would love to have")
c. Every Super Tuesday State - Nuff said.

3. Come to us with numbers required for all three of these with an itemized breakdown of what, why, where, etc.

4. Create a chip in.

5. Follow through on your promises.

I guarantee if you do this...you'll get enough money to run ads in every Super Tuesday state. I have ZERO doubt that the Revolution will come up with every penny they can scratch together for this. WE ALL WANT TO WIN.
We also ALL WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WILL COST AND IF YOU"LL FOLLOW THROUGH.

Thanks for hearing me out.

BLS
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
bump

UtahApocalypse
01-23-2008, 06:55 PM
BLS, Why must you always come on here voicing logic and reason! How dare you be sensible and think things out.

That being said. I totally agree.

cputter
01-23-2008, 06:55 PM
bump

Sentinelrv
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Definitely, their page for the superbowl ad isn't informative enough. I really want to donate for this, but I'm not sure until I get some more info.

Soccrmastr
01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
They used to have it up on the site. Now they're just corrupt and greedy and are making tons of money off of an ineffective blimp (for the cost at least, any idea how much ads we could run for 350k a month!?!? Tremendous amounts, on cable TV national too!)

Johncjackson
01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
What Super Bowl ad? You mean someone already bought a Superbowl Ad is now asking for donations to recoup their costs?

If not, there is NO Super Bowl ad. There are no grassroots ads being sold at the last minute.