PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Patootie is in Deep Doodie in Florida... to drop out before Feb 5?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/390756.html

Despite hovering over Florida voters for weeks, Giuliani is tied for third place with the scarcely visible Mike Huckabee in a statewide poll of 800 likely voters.

With his poll numbers slipping back home in the Northeast, Giuliani's campaign will implode if he can't turn it around in the six days left before Florida's Jan. 29 vote, the final gateway before a blitz of primaries around the nation that could sew up the race.

''He may be running for president, but with these numbers he wouldn't be elected governor of Florida,'' said Republican pollster Kellyanne Conway, whose firm conducted the survey with Democratic pollsters Schroth, Eldon & Associates for The Herald, The St. Petersburg Times and Bay News 9. Alluding to the timeworn song, Conway added: ``If he can't make it there in Florida, he can't make it anywhere.''

Asked about the 13 percent of the voters who haven't made up their minds, pollster Rob Schroth said he didn't expect them to fuel a Giuliani comeback.

''Giuliani for all intents and purposes has virtually no chance to win in Florida,'' he said.

If Rudy does poorly in FL, as these polls are suggesting, I think he may exit the race before Feb 5 in order to avoid humilating himself and damaging his "brand."

It sucks that the debate in CA is the night after Florida, so I don't know if Rudy will have time to drop out before the debate.

CaliforniaGold
01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm really going to miss his snicker and the way he fills out a dress!

Eponym_mi
01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, if he really bombs in FL, he'll drop out the next day. Probably wouldn't be at the debate, and if he was, they wouldn't ask him many questions.

BeFranklin
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm really going to miss his snicker and the way he fills out a dress!

http://www.nolanchart.com/article1309.html

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah, if he really bombs in FL, he'll drop out the next day. Probably wouldn't be at the debate, and if he was, they wouldn't ask him many questions.

God that would be awesome if he pulled out of the debate in California the next day. That would be such great payback for Rudy to have to watch Ron Paul kicking ass at the debate on his TV at home... hahaha.

Paul Revered
01-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I posted the OP on MySpace.

Johnnybags
01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
for future office, its McCains last chance so he is in til the end and Romney is in til the end and if he loses, his brand is done. The necons outta pick one and debate Paul the rest of the way. Huckabee sure is going to crushed out West.

Hannity and FAUX News must be livid, they pumped the frontrunner in our living rooms and cars for two years proclaiming he can beat the Dems, he is a Dem, thats why he could not win the mayor of crazytown if he ran as a republican.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 06:34 PM
for future office, its McCains last chance so he is in til the end and Romney is in til the end and if he loses, his brand is done. The necons outta pick one and debate Paul the rest of the way. Huckabee sure is going to crushed out West.

Huckabee's money situation is worse than was even reported over the last 2 days. Apparently he's dead broke right now. He could be out at any moment... or he might cling on until Feb 5. But he's basically dead in the water now and just wasting everyone's time.

krott5333
01-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Huckabee's money situation is worse than was even reported over the last 2 days. Apparently he's dead broke right now. He could be out at any moment... or he might cling on until Feb 5. But he's basically dead in the water now and just wasting everyone's time.

HAHAHAHAHHAH thats hilarious.

I love this thread.

DisabledVet
01-23-2008, 06:38 PM
This is the best thread I read since i got home... With Fred gone, now talk of Ghouliani dropping and Huckabbees money problems...well dont call me a betting man but thats a trifecta !

Big Lou
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
I think he may exit the race before Feb 5 in order to avoid humilating himself and damaging his "brand."

You mean the "9/11" brand? That is his brand, isn't it? I bet he has a tattoo.

devil21
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
I dont see how Huck could be broke when he's still bringing in $70K a day, according to his website. Is that not enough to keep campaigning??

zr4
01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I dont see how Huck could be broke when he's still bringing in $70K a day, according to his website. Is that not enough to keep campaigning??

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_this_quarter.html ?

RSLudlum
01-23-2008, 06:59 PM

Never underestimate the power of the media, they can push the candidates into feb 5 if they give any of them coverage, good or bad. :rolleyes:

Goldwater Conservative
01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I think he'll stay in if he beats McCain and Huck. What he doesn't want is to lose to McCain, who's likely to beat him in his own neck of the woods and his other "safe" Super Tuesday states, or broke-ass Huck, who can't even win in the South and is having trouble with the evangelicals who make up over half his support. He might be able to afford coming in second after Romney, considering that could be portrayed as a "comeback" by the media, but even that's a stretch. He doesn't want to show up to a national debate having not been able to reach even second place while Paul has.

Zavoi
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Would Rudy dropping out be good or bad for Ron Paul?