PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Just Shut the Gate!?

BULBASAUR!
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
First post.

Paul needs to just announce Barry Goldwater as his running mate. This will get a lot of the demographic we need. OLD PEOPLE! They remember Goldwater.

Would a Nancy Reagan endorsment be out of the question?

If we could get the the Nancy Reagan endorsment, Goldwater Jr. as running mate and really hammer that Roe endorsment, we could absolutley annihilate the neocons. If we could get these three things going we could just shut the gate and run away from the rest of the GOP. They wouldn't have a prayer.

Thoughts?

chris198
01-23-2008, 06:12 PM
First post.

Paul needs to just announce Barry Goldwater as his running mate. This will get a lot of the demographic we need. OLD PEOPLE! They remember Goldwater.

If we could get the the Nancy Reagan endorsment, Goldwater Jr. as running mate and really hammer that Roe endorsment, we could absolutley annihilate the neocons. If we could get these three things going we could just shut the gate and run away from the rest of the GOP. They wouldn't have a prayer.

Thoughts?

Excellent idea. Needs a BUMP

trey4sports
01-23-2008, 06:15 PM
i doubt it would sure up that many old-folks vote.
but it cant hurt

freedom-maniac
Bump. Maybe we could start selling the Goldwater Soap again.

http://www.politicalheritage.com/thumbs/th_0003310.jpg

constituent
reagan and roe are both losses in the general election....

goldwater jr.?

reminds me of the folks that thought washington should be king.

...consider this a vote for Shelby Steele

benhaskins
01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
would the media report it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsVkV3AZqqI

pacelli
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Welcome to RPF :)

Soccrmastr
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
goldwater jr probably doesnt wanna be VP. He has already endorsed and campaigned a bit for RP.

Acidlump
01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Could Rand Paul be VP? Is it legal to keep it in the family?

BULBASAUR!
01-23-2008, 06:40 PM

Probably not that much, but we could tell everybody and Ron could bring it up in debates.

lynnf
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM

I think the only restrictions are the age/citizen restriction and the same-state
restriction - no family restriction.

lynn

pcosmar
01-23-2008, 06:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsVkV3AZqqI

That was my thought.
They refuse to report anything but attacks on him.
I have my doubts.

dseisner
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
First post.

Thoughts?

Focus on getting the message out. We cannot shut the gate until all the sheeple have moved in.

BULBASAUR!
01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
What I have suggested is about the only way we can move a lot of sheeple in.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
An early VP announcement (2 days before SuperTuesday) would give this campaign a good boost at the exact right time.

With Barry Goldwater Jr., there would be no doubt. Doubt is what is keeping us down.

I wonder what Rush would say. He's been TOTALLY tongue tied lately.

ronpaulyourmom
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Bad idea imo. We need somebody who'll be fresh and young.

Revolution9
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
First post.

Thoughts?

Welcome. I am positive that Barry Goldwater Jr. would be the best choice for a number of reasons beyind his fathers legacy. There is no way they can think of knocking iff RP to get their "man" in place. Barry would make a good blunt cudgel to beat the Senate over the head with. Barry does not have to e schooled in the RP Wisdom school of political philosophies. Barry's name will wake up alt of folks who went to sleep circa 1988 and haven't fully reawakened. Barry's name thrown into the ring will create an enormous buzz.

Now, the other side is.. We now have the other clowns puppeting the RP message. Whether they do this out of pandering to the base who has shifted and grown to be more inclusive but mo9re focussed on certain ssues and they must shift politically to survive or whether it is because they understand the political reality of the loud and broad base of support RP has and they are grooming their commentary for inclusion in the backroom brokering process at the convention needs to be fully discerned as time goes on. So, a pre-emptive strike by naming Barry may turn these clown back into the baragrugous blowhards spouting pyroclastic scenarios of warmongering and terrorists under every Anerican childs bed setting the timers on dirty bombs who need to be waterboarded at a seven times enlarged gitmo.

Best
Randy

nate895
01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I think it's a good idea, we just have to find a way that it's impossible for the media to not report it, like we announce it after an unexpectedly strong FL showing (15%+).

BULBASAUR!
01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Bad idea imo. We need somebody who'll be fresh and young.

We have the young vote. We need old people.

werdd
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I think goldwater is the best canidate for VP. Hes the man, and he is following ron around, i think its definately in the works. I think the judge napolitano should be offered a position in his cabinet later.

nc4rp
01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
ive been thinking the same thing about Goldwater. He was with Dr. Paul at NH public TV interview. that made me think hes his #1. id say announce that NOW.

Shink
01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I think it would be a good idea. As much as people bitch, though, I think Kucinich would be a good VP to run with....but not at all DURING the GOP nomination process. http://youtube.com/watch?v=py8cXlLyX18

Cross-party appeal would win the general election. Expect some similar yet phony attempt by Billary later.

No matter who it is...if it's someone palatable to voters, Ron needs to do this. It WILL be a big boost.

werdd
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Old conservatives pretty much cannot resist the goldwater name. They just can not do it.

SeanEdwards
01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
This is the perfect VP for Paul:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russel_L._Honor%C3%A9

an excerpt:

On August 31, 2005, Honoré was designated commander of Joint Task Force Katrina responsible for coordinating military relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina-affected areas across the Gulf Coast. New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin was quoted on a radio interview September 1, 2005, saying: "Now, I will tell you this -- and I give the president some credit on this -- he sent one John Wayne dude down here that can get some stuff done, and his name is [Lt.] Gen. [Russel] Honoré. And he came off the doggone chopper, and he started cussing and people started moving. And he's getting some stuff done." [3] Stars and Stripes, the official newspaper of the United States Armed Forces, reported that Honoré had previous experience dealing with flooding at many Korean bases during monsoon season and supervised the installation of flood control measures.

Honoré describes himself an "African-American Creole", a mixture that includes French, American Indian and Spanish.[4]

He makes his home near Fort Gillem in Forest Park, Georgia, located seven miles south of Atlanta.

On September 20, 2005 at a press conference with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Honoré made headlines nationwide when he told reporters not to get "stuck on stupid" in reference to questions about the government response to the Hurricane Katrina, asking them to stay on the topic of Hurricane Rita. Honoré went on to criticize the media's role in the hurricane, and urged; "Don't start panic here. Okay?"

This guy is a perfect VP for Paul. A high-ranking military man who gets stuff done, and doesn't tolerate bullshit. This is the kind of strong assertive figure that Americans love to send to the white house. Plus, he is of mixed race which is a factor that will put to bed permanently the bogus racism charges. The fact that he is a decorated military leader will counter any bogus charges that Paul's foreign policy is somehow anti-military or weak.

Oh, he also recently retired from the military, so he is looking for a job.

nc4rp
01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
So, a pre-emptive strike by naming Barry may turn these clown back into the baragrugous blowhards spouting pyroclastic scenarios of warmongering and terrorists under every Anerican childs bed setting the timers on dirty bombs who need to be waterboarded at a seven times enlarged gitmo.

Best
Randy

english man, english!

faisal
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Just get Goldwater on your side or maybe hagel

constituent
01-23-2008, 08:39 PM

ahhhh... those g.d. dynastic tendencies surface once more.

UNC08
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
He looks like an older Nathan Petrelli.

BULBASAUR!
01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Bizzump.

TwiLeXia
01-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Great idea. Goldwater would be a fantastic VP.