PDA

View Full Version : If we are going to win the battle for the election and for America, we must...

dseisner
07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
...understand where our rights come from!

In April, shortly before I heard about RP, a man came into my store and starting just GOING OFF about rights (natural and not-natural) and this subject in general. Thank the lord I went on to listen to him because he went on to turn me on to America: Freedom to Fascism which in turn led me to Dr. Paul and the freedom movement. So when I heard about RP, I told him, "Hey, we can support this candidate Ron Paul and if he wins, that's going to help with a lot of this." He hadn't heard of RP before but he explained to me that he's not interested in fighting that battle because he doesn't think it's one that gets us to our goal. Instead, his fight was to go around educating people about where their rights come from and what exactly ARE their rights. It took a little while to understand what he meant but I do now.

Today I was reading RP's book, "Freedom Under Seige," and just to say quickly, it's of course brilliant. This book was written in 1987 and in the first chapter he predicts an inevitable federal ID card! Anyways, if you read the book, which I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE, (it's FREE at http://www.mises.org/books/freedomsiege.pdf) you will see that the entire 1st section is dedicated to helping people understand what their rights are and he even goes on to say,

"After two hundred years, the constitutional protection of the right of the individual to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is virtually gone. Today's current terminology describing rights reflects this sad change. It is commonplace for politicians and those desiring special privileges to refer to: black rights, Hispanic rights, handicap rights, employee rights, student rights, minority rights, women's rights, gay rights, children's rights, Asian-American rights, Jewish rights, AIDS victims' rights, poverty rights, homeless rights, etc. Until all these terms are dropped and we recognize that only an individual has rights, the solution to the mess in which we find ourselves will not be found. The longer we lack a definition of rights, the worse economic and social problems will become."

This is what is missing from basically every fundamental argument we make for RP, especially with liberals. My friend was right. He said we must understand where we get our rights from and what they are. Until that happens, we'll just be going around in circle as far as our arguments are concerned and as RP says, things will only get worse economically and socially. So, if you haven't read any of his free book (did I emphasize free enough?), get off your hump and start reading. This fight is not only about educating other people, but it's about educating ourselves and continuing that education. Your knowledge is something the government can never take from you, thank God.