PDA

View Full Version : Canvasing Questions!!

darkdruid
01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi am I calling my neighbors and Canvassing and I have found 1 person in my precinct so far to help me but I still got 476 people to go.

I am having issues telling people Ron Paul's stances on certain things and I was wondering if someone could help me out by giving me a list of things I could tell people who needed convincing that Ron Paul is in there best interest.

Also I talked with a very nice woman that was with me until I got to Ron Paul's stance on the Iraq War. She says she backs President Bush's decision to go and that we are doing the right thing over there.

Would somebody help me out on these issues? I am kinda stuck.

krott5333
01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi am I calling my neighbors and Canvassing and I have found 1 person in my precinct so far to help me but I still got 476 people to go.

I am having issues telling people Ron Paul's stances on certain things and I was wondering if someone could help me out by giving me a list of things I could tell people who needed convincing that Ron Paul is in there best interest.

Also I talked with a very nice woman that was with me until I got to Ron Paul's stance on the Iraq War. She says she backs President Bush's decision to go and that we are doing the right thing over there.

Would somebody help me out on these issues? I am kinda stuck.

Don't try to hide Ron Paul's message based on what you think the people might like to hear.

I tell everyone "He is the only Republican against the war in Iraq"

darkdruid
01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Don't try to hide Ron Paul's message based on what you think the people might like to hear.

I tell everyone "He is the only Republican against the war in Iraq"

Totally. What things should I be mentioning if I only have about a minute of their time?:eek:

Corydoras
01-23-2008, 06:09 PM
However, if you can, find out what THEIR important issues are and use that as a guide to what you should say.

Austin
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Totally. What things should I be mentioning if I only have about a minute of their time?:eek:

Taxes. He's never voted to raise taxes, and has never ever voted for an unbalanced budget in his 20 years as a congressman. He also seeks to abolish the IRS and eliminate the income tax.

There isn't anybody opposed to that (almost).

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
One if his first acts as president would be to pardon all non violent drug offenders and effectively end the racist war on drugs.

Geronimo
01-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Make them aware of the fact that we weren't attacked because we're rich and we're free. Iraq had no WMD's and Jessica Lynch wasn't a war hero. The economy is collapsing due to our interventions overseas. Urge them to get on the internet and watch Ron Paul youtubes.

darkdruid
01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Does anyone have a script they use that they could share?

Geronimo
01-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Use your heart and your mind as your script. Know his points well enough to sum it all up before the door gets shut in your face.

Letting people know that we weren't attacked because we're rich and we're free is a really good hook to get people to listen.

Most importantly, always end your conversations with "He's catching on. I'm telling ya!"
(just kidding)

BillyFromPhilly
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Does anyone have a script they use that they could share?

A good place to start - http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

and for when you want to dig deeper - http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/

I would also recommend signing up for Dr. Paul's Texas Straight Talk which he writes regularly. You can do so here - http://www.house.gov/paul/