PDA

View Full Version : Why is this angry phone call news?

brandon
01-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Has anyone heard this story on the news today about some bitch calling some other bitch about a snow day? Apparently it is the top story of the day??? What the fuck is going on??? This is news??? They said it involves a youtube that got 9000 views. Now a youtube that gets 9000 views qualifies as the top days news story on CNN and MSNBC and Fox?

asgardshill
01-23-2008, 11:54 PM
It was pretty funny - the woman's rant was hilarious. But yes you're right - it must have been a slow news day for this to get top billing.

InLoveWithRon
01-23-2008, 11:56 PM
whats the youtube link ? I wanna see what they think is newsworthy these days

asgardshill
01-24-2008, 12:02 AM
whats the youtube link ? I wanna see what they think is newsworthy these days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGtf_ula8k

MN Patriot
01-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Anything to keep the masses distracted.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-24-2008, 06:54 AM
What?

Holly
01-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Has anyone heard this story on the news today about some bitch calling some other bitch about a snow day? Apparently it is the top story of the day??? What the fuck is going on??? This is news??? They said it involves a youtube that got 9000 views. Now a youtube that gets 9000 views qualifies as the top days news story on CNN and MSNBC and Fox?

I hear ya. I have no idea why this is considered 'news' and not 'entertainment'. I'm still seething that the news of the study done regarding 935 false statements the Bush administration made as justification for the war in Iraq fell by the wayside. This is much bigger than Watergate and yet it was splashed all over the headlines for months.

It certainly does look as if the goal is to keep the masses entertained.

jillian
01-24-2008, 07:04 AM
I hear ya. I have no idea why this is considered 'news' and not 'entertainment'. I'm still seething that the news of the study done regarding 935 false statements the Bush administration made as justification for the war in Iraq fell by the wayside. This is much bigger than Watergate and yet it was splashed all over the headlines for months.

It certainly does look as if the goal is to keep the masses entertained.

Holly you are exactly right! 935 lies swept under the rug. That really pisses me off.