PDA

View Full Version : "Prayer and Fasting Bomb"

olhawk
01-23-2008, 04:40 PM
To My Fellow "Revolution" Patriots:

It is interesting to note that those we call the “Founding Fathers” were well read, intelligent, wise and good men. They were men of means and wealth. Yet, they were also humble enough to be men of faith and prayer. Furthermore, they attributed their success to the Almighty. Surely we are not of greater wisdom or intelligence than they, for they with God's blessing, gave us this nation and its Constitution. “One” example of their faith and prayers was given during the Constitutional Convention. Here, Benjamin Franklin at 81 years old, made his famous plea for prayer as follows:

"In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard; and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor. To that kind Providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity. And have we now forgotten that powerful Friend? Or do we imagine that we no longer need [His] assistance? I have lived, sir, a long time; and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. ...." For the rest of his speech go to:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/benfranklin.htm

Let us create a “Prayer and Fasting Bomb” for Super Tuesday as well as Florida and every election forthcoming. We could also take the money we save from the meals we would have eaten and donate it to the “Revolution”, even as someone here has suggested. Let’s fast and pray for at least the entire day (24 hours) before the election at hand. For those who feel to fast more than one day, then so be it. Let us also join with the Independent American Party, and take at least one minute every night and collectively pray for this country. Pray for its protection, its people, its troops, and for peace in the world. We could try and do this at the same time each evening, say at:

9:00 PM Eastern Time, 8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PM Pacific, stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying.

For those who do not understand the power of prayer and fasting because of lack of experience, it is difficult to explain. It would be like trying to explain how it feels to be shocked by electricity to someone who has not felt it. It is one of those things you have to experience to comprehend it. However, those of us who practice it and have personally experienced it know of its power, especially when combined with prayer. Jesus Christ and his disciples used this principle, and so have many others, including Mahatma Gandhi.

Prayer when combined with fasting is more powerful than prayer alone. I call upon all of you, who may feel so impressed, to join with me and others here and abroad to call upon the Hand of Providence to bestow upon this great Revolution, His blessing. Let us cast out the "devils" who are against us, and the cause of liberty, through fasting and prayer (St.Mark 9:29), and through our continued efforts in every other way. May He open the hearts and minds of others, who are not with us in this quest to restore the Constitution, to join us in it. Moreover, may we be instruments in His Hands to help bring many more into the Revolution. May He stretch forth His Hand to bless, strengthen and protect Congressman Ron Paul, who goes forth as David to battle Goliath. May the Almighty strengthen and unify us in this great cause that we may stay the course and triumph over our enemies. The odds were against our “Founding Fathers”, and so they are against us. However, if we call upon the Almighty even as they did, and cultivate the cause of “Liberty” by continuing to put our hand to the plow, then we too can triumph over our enemies. May He bless us to this end I pray.

Daniel

yongrel
01-23-2008, 04:43 PM
A hungry supporter is a poor canvasser.

ihsv
01-23-2008, 05:05 PM
A prayer and fasting bomb is a good idea! Count me in!

RonPaulVolunteer
01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Count me in...

phixion
01-23-2008, 05:16 PM
You can prayer every night for the safety of your children but the allmighty would stand idly by while they were raped and brutally murdered.

Why would the allmighty help Ron Paul when he could care less about your well-being and that of your family or friends.

Sending a dollar to the campaign would be more productive.

Pete

Original_Intent
01-23-2008, 05:22 PM
To My Fellow "Revolution" Patriots:

It is interesting to note that those we call the “Founding Fathers” were well read, intelligent, wise and good men. They were men of means and wealth. Yet, they were also humble enough to be men of faith and prayer. Furthermore, they attributed their success to the Almighty. Surely we are not of greater wisdom or intelligence than they, for they with God's blessing, gave us this nation and its Constitution. “One” example of their faith and prayers was given during the Constitutional Convention. Here, Benjamin Franklin at 81 years old, made his famous plea for prayer as follows:

"In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard; and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor. To that kind Providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity. And have we now forgotten that powerful Friend? Or do we imagine that we no longer need [His] assistance? I have lived, sir, a long time; and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. ...." For the rest of his speech go to:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/benfranklin.htm

Let us create a “Prayer and Fasting Bomb” for Super Tuesday as well as Florida and every election forthcoming. We could also take the money we save from the meals we would have eaten and donate it to the “Revolution”, even as someone here has suggested. Let’s fast and pray for at least the entire day (24 hours) before the election at hand. For those who feel to fast more than one day, then so be it. Let us also join with the Independent American Party, and take at least one minute every night and collectively pray for this country. Pray for its protection, its people, its troops, and for peace in the world. We could try and do this at the same time each evening, say at:

9:00 PM Eastern Time, 8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PM Pacific, stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying.

For those who do not understand the power of prayer and fasting because of lack of experience, it is difficult to explain. It would be like trying to explain how it feels to be shocked by electricity to someone who has not felt it. It is one of those things you have to experience to comprehend it. However, those of us who practice it and have personally experienced it know of its power, especially when combined with prayer. Jesus Christ and his disciples used this principle, and so have many others, including Mahatma Gandhi.

Prayer when combined with fasting is more powerful than prayer alone. I call upon all of you, who may feel so impressed, to join with me and others here and abroad to call upon the Hand of Providence to bestow upon this great Revolution, His blessing. Let us cast out the "devils" who are against us, and the cause of liberty, through fasting and prayer (St.Mark 9:29), and through our continued efforts in every other way. May He open the hearts and minds of others, who are not with us in this quest to restore the Constitution, to join us in it. Moreover, may we be instruments in His Hands to help bring many more into the Revolution. May He stretch forth His Hand to bless, strengthen and protect Congressman Ron Paul, who goes forth as David to battle Goliath. May the Almighty strengthen and unify us in this great cause that we may stay the course and triumph over our enemies. The odds were against our “Founding Fathers”, and so they are against us. However, if we call upon the Almighty even as they did, and cultivate the cause of “Liberty” by continuing to put our hand to the plow, then we too can triumph over our enemies. May He bless us to this end I pray.

Daniel

Olhawk,

Wow someone who has heard of the IAP. I was a county chairman for a couple of years but I am aligned with the Constitution Party now.

Just wondering if you know Will Christensen, the national chairman? He is a good good man who fasts one day every week for our country and has done so for years. He is a veteran as well.

I will join in your effort, I just found it interesting to see someone posting regarding the IAP. Very well intentioned people but not good at building a coalition I am afraid.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Work Equally As Much In The Spirit World As You Do In The Physical World

ihsv
01-23-2008, 05:51 PM
You can prayer every night for the safety of your children but the allmighty would stand idly by while they were raped and brutally murdered.

Why would the allmighty help Ron Paul when he could care less about your well-being and that of your family or friends.

Sending a dollar to the campaign would be more productive.

Pete

I see. Well, I do pray every night for my children, and they have not been raped or brutally murdered. You behave as if praying for their safety is the cause of such evils. Strange twist of logic.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I assume from your post that you acknowledge the existence of "the almighty", which is fine. At the same time, you seem to have a window into the Mind of God that the rest of us don't seem to have access to, a window that allows you to see and know that He doesn't care about my well-being and that of my family. I'm curious how you came by such knowledge, considering that my family and friends are doing quite well by most standards.

The evident grudge you hold for "the almighty" displays a certain bias on your part, and since I like keeping things rational and logical, you I do hope you won't be wounded if I reject your advice as coming from a bigot.

And your placement of the dollar above "the almighty" also shows what is the most important thing in your life.

Young_Apprentice
01-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Some people will do anything to avoid getting outside and actually doing some work.

wildflower
01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm in, just tell me when. :)

Some people will do anything to avoid getting outside and actually doing some work.

No, some people do BOTH. As for me, I'm out of the country, so unfortunately canvassing is not something I can do right now.

phixion
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
I see. Well, I do pray every night for my children, and they have not been raped or brutally murdered. You behave as if praying for their safety is the cause of such evils. Strange twist of logic.

If you believe waving a magic wand keeps your children safe, so be it.

It just doesn't and that's the reality. If you want to believe otherwise, fill your boots. Christian children who are prayered for get raped and murdered just as much as those children who aren't prayed for.

If you don't believe this then you must seek help.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I assume from your post that you acknowledge the existence of "the almighty", which is fine.

I acknowledge the existence of God much-like I acknowledge the existence of voices in schizophrenics heads. Divine beings or voices are very much real to the people afflicted but none of that means they exist in the real world.

Reality is not subjective enough that you can remotely influence the world in which we live by placing your hands together and saying a few words - it's indulgent childish fantasy.

At the same time, you seem to have a window into the Mind of God that the rest of us don't seem to have access to, a window that allows you to see and know that He doesn't care about my well-being and that of my family. I'm curious how you came by such knowledge, considering that my family and friends are doing quite well by most standards.

When you aren't pumped full of religious nonsense as a child, you tend to observe the world as-is. Christians get murdered everyday. It was not long back church-goers somewhere in your country were gunned down inside their place of worship. So much for their blind-belief that God loves and cares for them.

The evident grudge you hold for "the almighty" displays a certain bias on your part, and since I like keeping things rational and logical, you I do hope you won't be wounded if I reject your advice as coming from a bigot.

It seems you have judged me. Be sure to speak to your Lord about that in your next prayer and seek forgiveness, for you have sinned, according to your own scriptures.

And your placement of the dollar above "the almighty" also shows what is the most important thing in your life.

I was merely pointing out that donating $1 to the campaign would be a more effective than doing a rain dance.

Question: Do you believe in the rain dance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_dance) and that it can effect the weather and bring about rain?

The point is lost on you, of course.

Regards,

Pete

ihsv
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM

Ora et Labora (Latin: "pray and work").

olhawk
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Original Intent,

I don't know Will Christensen, does he have a brother named Lee? Anyway, I am not a member of IAP but support them where we are like-minded. Its good to know there are others who believe in prayer and fasting among us. Thanks for your support in this, and of course the purpose of it is to petition the Lord for His blessing in our efforts to restore the Republic, and elect Dr. Paul as our champion of the Constitution.

Daniel

olhawk
01-23-2008, 11:40 PM
The odds were against our “Founding Fathers”, and so they are against us. However, if we call upon the Almighty even as they did, and cultivate the cause of “Liberty” by continuing to put our hand to the plow, then we too can triumph over our enemies. May He bless us to this end I pray.

For those of you that thougt I meant for us to spend all of our time in fasting and prayer during this "Prayer and Fasting Bomb", well...I think you misunderstood me. Faith without works is dead. Let us pray "as if" everything depends upon God, but work as if it all depends upon us. However, I would feel remiss to not include in this "REVOLUTION" endeavor the very Hand of Providence that has been in it from the beginning. This post was never meant to create division, but on the contrary unity. That aside, no one is being forced to take part in what I am suggesting, on the contrary, you are being invited. Thanks for your time and all you do in behalf of Dr. Paul and this great endeavor.

Daniel

misericordia
01-25-2008, 05:45 PM
prayer, fasting, mass intentions done. I also called the biggest mosque in NY and they wanted to put me on a conference call with the mullah. They were very receptive.
I gave them my # but I'm Canadian and catholic and don't know anything so help.
http://islamicfinder.org/ that's a list of all American/Islamic contacts.
people of ONE GOD for Ron Paul.

Molly1
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't know anything about fasting. I only eat one meal a day anyway.

Pray every day at 9pm est. Count me in.

I'll also pray that Ron Paul wins.

TexFootballMom
01-25-2008, 06:39 PM
You know it absolutely amazes me that there are Ron Paul supporters on this board that get all bent out of shape if someone says anything negative or perceived negative towards someone gay. Or someone of any faith other than Christian.

Yet, when Christians get on this board and say prayer or something they are going to do they get ridiculed and their faith is made fun of.

I would think being a Ron Paul supporter they would believe in people's right to believe as they choose and in their civil liberties.

If you feel compelled to put people down because of their faith in God, then you should not be clicking on a thread titled "Prayer and Fasting". Just because they don't believe as you do, don't be a hater.

And don't squash their faith because you don't believe.

Shame on you. BTW, you are supporting a candidate that is a Christian.

I'm willing to bet that Dr. Paul prays.

I believe that everyone does everything they can to help Paul in their own way and that is a good thing.

misericordia
01-25-2008, 07:36 PM
bmp

thehittgirl
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM

I'm in and going to coffee up the weekend before and work very hard. We have a country to preserve.

patriciamikkelson
01-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I sent out the word on the first primary, Iowa, for prayer and fasting. I was actually able to fast all day--and pray, and I am really hoping and praying that this can take off.

Organizing the churches to pray and fast for our country period might be a good thing--maybe an indirect way to wake them up to Ron Paul.

I hope you will visit my pray for ron paul blog and addd some prayers http://www.pray4ronpaul.wordpress.com

I hope you will promote this idea at the Ron Paul Academy at www.ronpaullive.com

I have ideas, but not a lot of time--but I will be thinking and praying about this now that i know that others have interest.

AgentOrange
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Count me in for the prayer. I'll think about the fasting, I've never done that before.

I do believe that God hears prayers, but for those who don't believe in God, that still doesn't mean that prayer is worthless. Think of it as meditating or positive imagery. Very few people will deny that meditating or positive imagery has a calming influence and can empower the person meditating to take positive action.

olhawk
01-27-2008, 04:14 AM
thanks to all of you for joining me in the spiritual part of this warfare in which we are engaged. I have read writings from the founders and prayer was an important aspect in all they did regarding Revolution 1. I know it is also most important to "keep our hand to the plow", as I have said before.

Daniel

bucfish
01-27-2008, 04:24 AM
WE need all the help we can get. I will pray and fast.

misericordia
01-27-2008, 04:43 AM
believe with all your heart and it will happen. For if God desires it, it will happen. You do not realize the tremendous power you have through your faith, power more than the angels. If you believe with all your heart and trust God in what you are praying for, it will happen; but you must believe, you must trust, and you must have unconditional faith.

L.A.mama
02-01-2008, 03:57 AM
Please go here: http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=4143

and comment, committing to joining the Prayer Bomb FEBRUARY 3-5(Super Tuesday)

We need help spreading the word and encouraging other believers to commit to praying and fasting at least some time during Feb 3-5 if they don't do a three day.

3 major requests. 1. Accountability, including paper trails for vote counts. 2. Publicity for Ron Paul's message 3. That the goodness of God would lead the U.S. of A. to repentance.

ChristiansForRonPaul.com