PDA

View Full Version : Why has this crapped out so utterly?!

DanConway
01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm gathering a group of people to handwrite letters to Super Tuesday supervoters tonight. Why is practically no one writing letters anymore? This is the most important time for it.

life_boy
01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree, this is a very important time to be writing. We have some time before Super Tuesday so a bunch of letters need to be going out NOW! I wrote letters all last evening trying to squeeze in some Florida letters before they are too late to send out (I live in Georgia).

RickNHouston
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree, this is a very important time to be writing. We have some time before Super Tuesday so a bunch of letters need to be going out NOW! I wrote letters all last evening trying to squeeze in some Florida letters before they are too late to send out (I live in Georgia).

Then Git er done !!!

life_boy
01-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Just waiting for the addresses.

Gertie
01-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Ooh, letters? I'd be happy to write a few. (Would like to keep helping although my state primary is past.) Can anyone point me to the thread with details?

WilliamC
01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
I wrote 540 to Iowa. Thanks for keeping up with this!

life_boy
01-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Ooh, letters? I'd be happy to write a few. (Would like to keep helping although my state primary is past.) Can anyone point me to the thread with details?

Just make a request. It's easy and you'll probably receive your addresses within 6 hours.

http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

Here's a template which you can use if you want to go ahead and get started. (It is the template given after a request is approved.)

=============================
*** TEMPLATE LETTER (change the first sentences to include your personal background) ***
Dear ________,
My name is {Your Name} and I am a lawyer in Los Angeles. I have been married for 25 years and have five children. I have never supported a presidential candidate before, but I have decided to back Dr. Ron Paul for President. I am writing to ask you to consider voting for Dr. Paul in Florida's January 29 primary.

Ron Paul is a 10-term Republican Congressman, a former flight surgeon in the US Air Force, and a medical doctor (OB/GYN) who helped to deliver more than 4,000 babies. He never took payments from the government as a doctor. Instead, he would do the work for free or a reduced fee.

In Congress, Dr. Paul has never voted to raise taxes and never voted for an unbalanced budget. He does not participate in the lucrative Congressional pension program because he does not think it is fair to taxpayers. Ron Paul even paid for the college educations of his five children instead of letting them have government loans. He has a clear plan for restoring value to our dollar and improving the economy for everyone.

Dr. Paul has received more donations from active military personnel than any other candidate. He is also the only candidate in either party who is a medical doctor (40 years of experience), so you know he understands the problems with our health care system.

Ron Paul is the most principled man I have ever encountered. He has been married to his wife Carol for over 50 years, he is extremely honest and genuine, and you always know where he stands. He believes in following the Constitution and the rule of law, and is exactly what our country needs.

Please consider voting for Dr. Paul at the primary on January 29, 2008. If you'd like to learn more, call Ron Paul's headquarters toll-free at 1-877-RON-PAUL (1-877-766-7285) or visit his website, RonPaul2008.com.

I would certainly like to hear what you think of Dr. Ron Paul. Please e-mail me your thoughts at {Your E-mail}. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
{Your Name}
{Your Phone Number}