PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Hunter Endorses Huck

damien88
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Didn't know if anyone posted it already sorry, just heard it on Msnbc

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Damn, so we're not going to get an extra 500 votes per state?

SovereignMN
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
...and here I thought Duncan Hunter was serious about border security.

ProfNo
01-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I didn't even know Hunter had dropped out :)

damien88
01-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Damn, so we're not going to get an extra 500 votes per state?
Well 500 more precinct leaders possibly

Ibtz
01-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I just posted a thread about this in General Politics. There's mass hysteria over at Free Republic.

damien88
01-23-2008, 03:27 PM
sorry Ibitz I just saw it on the news so I posted it

Ibtz
01-23-2008, 03:29 PM
sorry Ibitz I just saw it on the news so I posted it

No problem!

Ethek
01-23-2008, 03:36 PM
wth has happened to peoples principles... really.

prolifer4paul
01-23-2008, 03:38 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/23/hunter-endorses-huckabee/

Hunter disappointed me. I didn't expect him to endorse Ron, but HUCKABEE??!!

Dibold
01-23-2008, 03:39 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/23/hunter-endorses-huckabee/

Hunter disappointed me. I didn't expect him to endorse Ron, but HUCKABEE??!!

I'm surprised. I expected Hunter to endorse Paul, I really did. Hunter is not CFR like Paul. And hunter always nodded and smiled at Paul during the debates and seemed to agree with him.

Santana28
01-23-2008, 03:40 PM
well... if tancredo could endorse Romney, then anything is possible ;)

JMann
01-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope Hunter doesn't send his donor list to Huck. D'oh, I forgot he doesn't have one.

jblosser
01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm surprised. I expected Hunter to endorse Paul, I really did. Hunter is not CFR like Paul. And hunter always nodded and smiled at Paul during the debates and seemed to agree with him.

Hunter's two biggest issues are trade protectionism and the war. The fence is after those.

I doubt most of his people will go along with this, though, anymore than Tancredo's went to Romney. And yes, Hunter has more people than you think.

HOLLYWOOD
01-23-2008, 03:56 PM
MIKE HUCKABEE promised DUNCAN HUNTER the world if he gets into the WHITEHOUSE...

SAME THING ROMNEY did with TANCREDO... They're ALL POLITICAL WHORES only thinking of themselves... AMERICANS come LAST!

libertarian4321
01-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Well 500 more precinct leaders possibly

I saw Hunter speak once (at the Texas straw poll).

His ONLY issues were 1) the Iraq war 2) immigration and 3) war with Iran.

Basically, the guy was war, war, war, and more war (with a touch of immigration thrown in to keep him from looking completely maniacal about war).

Not likely a lot of crossover between this guy and Ron Paul.

Goldwater Conservative
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
What's next, Thompson endorses Edwards? The GOP really is destroying itself from the inside out.

ConstitutionGal
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I think they're all trying to split the anti-illegal immigration vote. Jim Gilchrist (of the minutemen) endorses Huckabee, Tancredo and NumbersUSA endorse Romney. The only reason none of them are endorsing McCain is due to the Kennedy/McCain amnesty plan and Ghouliani sued in federal court to stop enforcement of illegal alien laws in NYC. IF the anti-illegal folks all got in line behind a single candidate, they could be a force to be reckoned with. With them split up over two or three candidates (think Lou Dobbs), their impact is seriously diluted.

Neomatrix
01-23-2008, 10:52 PM

Uh, Paul is not CFR!:eek:

Edit: Sorry for feeding the trolls!

Joe3113
01-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Uh, Paul is not CFR!:eek:

I think he meant Hunter is like Paul in that he is nto a member of the CFR :)

specsaregood
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM
I saw Hunter speak once (at the Texas straw poll).

His ONLY issues were 1) the Iraq war 2) immigration and 3) war with Iran.

Basically, the guy was war, war, war, and more war (with a touch of immigration thrown in to keep him from looking completely maniacal about war).

Not likely a lot of crossover between this guy and Ron Paul.

You are completely wrong about that last part. Hunter was very popular in the anti-illegal immigration activist movement with Tancredo being #1.

Hunter's supporters are absolutely flabbergasted by this endorsement and they see it as a complete sellout. Many were shocked but accepted Tancredos endorsement of Romney. This Hunter endorsement of Huckabee has shocked them to their core. MANY are rumbling about Ron Paul being the only non-sellout and guy worth supporting. Illegal Immigration has become the #1 issue and many are willing to overlook the foreign policy differences; because they realize that Dr. Paul is looking out for us first.

I would link you to posts demonstrating this, but I'm not going to; you will just have to take my word for it.