PDA

View Full Version : Is Huck About to Give Up?

bobo37
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Here's an interesting story,

Speaking to reporters Monday night on a flight to Atlanta, Mr.
Huckabee vowed to fight on. But he also acknowledged the possibility
that he might need to plan for a defeat, according to The Associated
Press.

"If the campaign doesn't make it all the way, we want to walk away
completely in the black," Mr. Huckabee said.:)

Kotin
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM

Press.

god i hope so!!!

if he drops. we can go to town on all the evangelicals!!!!!!!

this is would make it so much easier for me. i live in texas

Ethek
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM

Press.

Well, I doubt he'll drop out before Feb5th. I also think he has always had his eye on a VP slot and to not walking away as a complete washout.

bobo37
01-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Yea it wouldn't be good if he through his support behind another NeoCon

Todd
01-23-2008, 02:49 PM

Well...You know he will.

I don't think he will drop out of the race just yet. I think he might push through to Super Tuesday.

BeFranklin
01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
If Huck wants to walk away completely in the black, maybe we can buy him out :)

Santana28
i really worry if he drops out.. his supporters over there are completely lost to reality and i'm not sure they could handle the truth. i wonder what will become of them when he does drop out. we have a Revolution to win... what have they got to support?

crink
I hope so

Soccrmastr
01-23-2008, 02:52 PM
i doubt he will give up. Im not sure if him dropping out helps us either.

Ethek
01-23-2008, 02:53 PM

I don't think Romney would have Huckabee... McCain seems crazy enough to take Huck with all the baggage he has. Also, I see Rudy as desperate enough to take on Huck for the same reasons as McCain...so he can compete in the south.

If Huck is hopping on Rudys train I can really see Huck dropping out before Florida just to prop up Rudy for his run there. Its risky for Huck but I think hes done everything he has wanted. He can sense, I think, that he would be coming out the looser in the general election against Hillary or Obama. He has no agenda or vision, hes looking for whats gonna get him out of that 550k house into something a little bigger.

ihsv
01-23-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm more worried about Romney than Huck.

LukeNM
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Hannity today (it’s a know your enemy thing) alluded to the fact that Huck would not be running in Florida?

InLoveWithRon
01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Ron Paul is clearly the most christian candidate left after Huckabee leaves.. Paul wins here if Huck drops out. And would get the evangelical supporters

Ethek
01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Ron Paul is clearly the most christian candidate left after Huckabee leaves.. Paul wins here if Huck drops out. And would get the evangelical supporters

Some how I can see McCain soaking up that vote, just like he got the anti war vote.

skinzterpswizfan
01-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Hannity today (it’s a know your enemy thing) alluded to the fact that Huck would not be running in Florida?

I read somewhere on here that he stopped campaigning in Florida because he couldn't afford to spend money there. He's low on cash.

Sey.Naci
01-23-2008, 03:05 PM

Press.

completely in the black," Mr. Huckabee said.:)Link to the source?

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Romney is unlikely to get the evangelicals. Work 'em. McCain is soft on pro-life, no fiscal conservative, can't tell Russia from Germany. Don't mention Romney's religion. Don't mention him at all unless the subject comes up (it ain't likely to). Work 'em!

acroso
01-23-2008, 03:13 PM
He should endorse Paul. lol

davidhperry
01-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, I doubt he'll drop out before Feb5th. I also think he has always had his eye on a VP slot and to not walking away as a complete washout.

+1 I think Huck got into the race to put himself out there and I honestly believe that he did better than he originally expected. He knew he would ultimately come up short but all he wanted to do is put some points on the board and then wait for the frontrunner to call him back to be the VP.

Jobarra
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
It seemed like Huck was hinting that Florida may be the decider for him staying in the race or not when I saw a report like this on CNN. I can only hope that he'll drop out that night if it is. It'll be much easier to pick up Huckabee supporters at the polls the next day in Mobile. All I would have to do is show them his Sanctity of Life Act I think to show them who Dr. Paul really is compared to the other choices if Huckabee isn't on the ballot.

bobo37
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Link to the source?

This was sent through an e-mail from a meetup group. I don't have a link

coffeewithchess
01-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Mike Huckabee...Christian Leader? http://youtube.com/watch?v=7SYKSIVEQZ4
Let me know what you think.

mjp1025
01-23-2008, 06:01 PM
I think the VP slot is definitely on his mind. Early in the campaign, before his magical rise in the polls, he was doing reach-arounds with Julie Annie.

1000-points-of-fright
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't understand why people assume that one candidate' supporters with go with whoever their guy endorses. If RP endorsed any of the GOP candidates would we do it too?

Those Huckabee evangelicals will not back Giuliani or Romney even if Huckabee told them that God himself told him to. The whole pro-choice and mormon thing would get in the way. McCain maybe. Their problems with him will not over-ride their desire to kill Muslims.