PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and the war on terror

Bradley in DC
07-31-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=33659

Ron Paul and the War on Terror

Szandor Blestman
July 30, 2007
Nearly six years ago, on September 11th, 2001, a criminal act occurred in New York, New York. It was broadcast around the world. I remember that on that day I called my mother and told her to turn on the TV while I could only listen to the radio because I was at work. I remember telling her that we were at war. It was a very frightening day I’ll never forget. Many people will never forget that day. A couple of days later President Bush declared a war on terror. As of this moment, it looks like a war that will never end.

The question arose as to why these people would want to attack us. The answer, according to President Bush, was that they hate our freedoms. They are jealous of us. If we take President Bush at his word, then the terrorists are winning the war on terror. They have already managed to get us to relinquish some of the freedoms they so hated us having. What was one of the first things our legislature did after the terror attack? They passed the Patriot Act. Have you read the Patriot Act? Neither have I, because it’s so long and full of legalese. How anyone could have read and understood it in the short time our legislators had to do so is beyond me. I have read parts of it, though. I know that it infringes upon some of the rights that the constitution guarantees us will not be infringed upon. It tramples all over the fourth amendment which reads: “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.” The Patriot Act allows the FBI to come into your house without permission, while you’re not there, and go through your things without a warrant. I don’t know about you, but that sounds more like the KGB than the FBI to me. After the Patriot Act came a host of other laws granting the police power to violate our rights. The terrorists managed through a single criminal act to get us to turn our country into a police state. . .

Brad Zink
07-31-2007, 06:38 PM
The "War on Terror" is a sham. It doesn't exist.

The term is used over and over to strike fear into the American people in order to go along with the invasion of the Middle East and the erosion of our rights at home. If there really was a War on Terror we would close the borders and fight the terrorists in Pakistan. But the borders are wide open and the Pakistani ISI are harboring the handful of terrorists that are of little threat to us by themselves.

Wyurm
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
The "War on Terror" is a sham. It doesn't exist.

The term is used over and over to strike fear into the American people in order to go along with the invasion of the Middle East and the erosion of our rights at home. If there really was a War on Terror we would close the borders and fight the terrorists in Pakistan. But the borders are wide open and the Pakistani ISI are harboring the handful of terrorists that are of little threat to us by themselves.

I prefer to call it the "War of Terror". Look, our government hates us for our freedoms, so its only logical they would want to take them away.

Thanks for posting this, Bradley It's really encouraging to see stories like this :).

paulitics
07-31-2007, 07:31 PM
"If there really was a War on Terror we would close the borders and fight the terrorists in Pakistan"

Yes, that kind of makes a lie out of the war on terror. Something every brainwashed neocon needs to wake up to. Ron Paul should deliver this message emphatically in the next debate.