PDA

View Full Version : So... Who Won the Louisiana GOP Caucus?

Phantom
01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
So... Who Won the Louisiana GOP Caucus? (http://reason.com/blog/show/124573.html)

Last night, something like 20,000 Republicans in Louisiana picked the delegates to their state convention, who will select half of the state's delegates to the national convention (or, as Jim correctly points out, they may select nearly all of them).

The official results are not in yet, but I'm told that McCain beat all of the other candidates. The conservative "uncommitted" effort — designed to influence the party platform — might have come out ahead of everyone...

Ron Paul finished second. His supporters reportedly mobbed the 11 polling places, but many of them could not participate because they were not registered Republicans. They were required to cast provisional ballots, many of which will not count. (The provisional ballots are part of the reason for the delay in tallying the results.)

Read more (http://reason.com/blog/show/124573.html)

Ethek
01-23-2008, 12:53 PM
The republican party of Louisiana insiders won a do-over in the caucus last night.

literatim
01-23-2008, 12:54 PM
"Ron Paul finished second. His supporters reportedly mobbed the 11 polling places, but many of them could not participate because they were not registered Republicans. They were required to cast provisional ballots, many of which will not count. (The provisional ballots are part of the reason for the delay in tallying the results.)"

Don't you just love Reason? :rolleyes:

tsetsefly
01-23-2008, 12:55 PM
FASCISM WON

incredible how easy people are manipulated and how blinded they are.

Give me liberty
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
wait a min ron paul said that he had won first place in Lo On the Nj radio.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Links????

Jay778x
01-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Links????

Ron saying a possible 1st or at least 1st after "uncommitted"

http://www.nj1015.com/personalities/dennis-judi/MP3/ronpaul2.mp3

Grandson of Liberty
01-23-2008, 01:02 PM
His supporters reportedly mobbed the 11 polling places, but many of them could not participate because they were not registered Republicans.

I sincerely hope none of them wasted time posting here when they should have been out registering to vote Republican.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-23-2008, 01:03 PM
I sincerely hope none of them wasted time posting here when they should have been out registering to vote Republican.

So it sounds like they were allowed to cast provisional ballots, but I wonder whether they were allowed to switch party affliliation right there on the spot? That would make a big difference.

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Ron saying a possible 1st or at least 1st after "uncommitted"

http://www.nj1015.com/personalities/dennis-judi/MP3/ronpaul2.mp3

Yeah I find it surprising he would make this claim if he didn't know something that we didn't.

Candidates don't do shit like that. I'm sure he and the campaign know more about the specifics here than any of us do.

JenaS62
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I wonder which part of "switch your registration over to republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primary or caucus" people did not understand. Sheesh.

yankee_blue
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah I find it surprising he would make this claim if he didn't know something that we didn't.

Candidates don't do shit like that. I'm sure he and the campaign know more about the specifics here than any of us do.

I dont know if you are right or now. It's very possible that Paul just hasn't heard the whole story yet.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 01:12 PM
This is why people shouldn't post until they see if there's an open thread on the same subject.

The other candidates (except, apparently, Romney) formed a coalition just to prevent Dr. Paul from claiming a victory, and the coalition won.

Check out the other thread and find out what's going on.

Give me liberty
01-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Why isnt the junk media talking about this?
This is bad for every election.

jumpyg1258
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I wonder which part of "switch your registration over to republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primary or caucus" people did not understand. Sheesh.

These are Americans you are talking about, not the brightest group of people. In fact a majority of my fellow Americans I have met are rather stupid and ignorant.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Why isnt the junk media talking about this?

Why don't they talk about anything? The name of the thread is "Possible Crisis in Louisiana--MUST READ" and it is a MUST READ--so go read it!

Gadsdenfly
01-23-2008, 01:15 PM

Or at least first AFTER "uncommited". Which is 2nd after the 4 candidate coalition of the shilling

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 01:16 PM
I dont know if you are right or now. It's very possible that Paul just hasn't heard the whole story yet.

Right. We heard it by chatting on message boards and reading rumors, but the candidate himself hasn't?

He called in to that show today because he heard that he was being talked about positively, and wanted to contribute. He's up on the latest happenings obviously.

I'll trust the MAN HIMSELF, over unsubstantiated rumors.

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Or at least first AFTER "uncommited". Which is 2nd after the 4 candidate coalition of the shilling

If we get a decent amount of delegates, that's a win in my book. If Giuliani doesn't win FL, we're KICKING HIS ASS, and probably going into Super Tuesday stronger than him.

I say we're alive and well!

slamhead
01-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Does not matter. I will be informing people I canvas that RP won the LA caucus.

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Yeah, why not...it's not like it would be a lie, and it's that kind of tactic that the MSM uses to pick presidents every election.

I say use whatever tactic it takes, as long as it's the truth.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Say it! And if people say to you, but this coalition... laugh at them!

A coalition is not a candidate and the Constitution has no provision for a coalition to be sworn in as president. Ron Paul won!

JenaS62
01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Say it! And if people say to you, but this coalition... laugh at them!

A coalition is not a candidate and the Constitution has no provision for a coalition to be sworn in as president. Ron Paul won!

Exactly and we have to remember that many people don't even research their candidates so we have no worries about them researching the LA caucus. lol