PDA

View Full Version : Mail Iowa Program

poppop_schell
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
I personally prefer the mailiowa@ronpaul2008.com better than the calliowa program. WHY?

1. Because it is more efficient as the letter will be delivered ( I don't have to call back several times or just get an answering machine).
2. The voter has something concrete to take a look at and study if they wish. It also points them where to get further information and even where to volunteer to help WHEN they get excited about RP.
3. You can personalize the letter to fit who you are and what excites you about Ron Paul.

The major disadvantage is that it will cost more out of pocket to do this compared to using your cellphone free time. But NOT really if you place a $ value on your time.

I have sent out 50 letters which cost me about 60 cents/letter. It took me about 2 hours to do this. That cost includes:

1. postage
2. mailing envelope
3. my cover letter @ 10 cents/copy I have provided my letter below)
4. a RP official one page campaign handout @ 10 cents/page. ( I have provided the page I used below)

Box 215
Nauvoo, IL 62354
217-453-2093
poppop_schell@hotmail.com

July 25, 2007

Dear: (HANDWROTE IN THE PERSON'S NAME)

I know you’ve heard a lot of TV and Radio ads and have gotten a lot of telephone calls about the Presidential Campaign in Iowa. Please take a moment to read my letter.

I am a volunteer writing to you personally in support of Congressman Ron Paul. I would like to invite you to join me at the Iowa Straw Poll in Ames, on Saturday, August 11th.

Dr. Ron Paul, who is a Texan and former medical doctor, is currently in his 10th term in Congress. He is nationally known for his strong support of the US Constitution, always measuring his votes as to whether it is authorized in the Constitution. He wants to greatly downsize the federal government, thus bringing power to control your life back to you and the people of Iowa.
Dr. Paul has a proven voting record of lowering taxes, never having voted for a tax increase in 20 years. He is strongly Pro-Life, having personally delivered over 3600 babies and NEVER performing an abortion.

He was one of very few Congressmen in 2003 that recognized the dangers of going to War in Iraq, refusing to support such an effort when there was little or no intelligence supporting such an action. Of course, we know now that the intelligence was less than accurate. He also feels that the United States should NOT be “the military policeman of the world” but MUST be strong militarily so to protect you and I from terrorist attacks.

Being from Texas, he knows of the dangers of illegal immigration both to our National security and to our economy. He has consistently voted against giving amnesty to illegal aliens and has voted for strengthening our borders.
Bottom line? The biggest reason I like Congressman Paul is that he has kept his campaign promises during his 20 years in Congress. I trust him to do the same when he becomes our next President. I think that is unusual for “politicians.”

I invite you to check out his website at www.ronpaul2008.com. You can learn all about him and his positions on many important issues. If you don’t have access to the internet, please telephone me and I will send you some literature. In either case, please feel free to call or write me if you have any questions.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope to see you at Ames on
August 11th,

Dr. Douglas W. Schell

Retired Professor of Business

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/ I used the "Issues Handout" about halfway down the webpage.

acstichter
07-31-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm writing letters too. It's great. Look a couple of your recipients up on Google Maps and hit Satellite. It is neat to see what kind of neighborhood they are in, and imagine them packing up the car and driving North to vote in Ames. My list has houses of all property values scattered throughout the west side of Des Moines.

I just finished 40, asked for another 60 and will see if I can ramp up for the next week. I've never spent money on things more rewarding!

acstichter
07-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah, I'm also adding a couple business card size info cards in each letter (one to keep and one to show a friend). I also have made my own magnets from sheets you can buy at an office supply and print on your home printer (I cut them out at work with a paper cutter or a razor blade and straight edge). Each sheet gets me 44 magnets. I'm including one in each letter. Hopefully they'll stick it to the fridge and remind them each morning and evening as they cook!

Bruehound
07-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh yeah, I'm also adding a couple business card size info cards in each letter (one to keep and one to show a friend). I also have made my own magnets from sheets you can buy at an office supply and print on your home printer (I cut them out at work with a paper cutter or a razor blade and straight edge). Each sheet gets me 44 magnets. I'm including one in each letter. Hopefully they'll stick it to the fridge and remind them each morning and evening as they cook!

Major bump on the magnet idea. I'm sending out 100 tomorrow.

ladyjade3
07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
I mailed out about 85 today.

I made mine look like pretty invitations to the straw poll, kept things very brief, and hand wrote my cell phone number on each one, hand addressed the outside... I'm just worried I'm going to get a lot returned to me...