PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Appropriations - Proof Source?

TonySutton
01-23-2008, 11:02 AM
My understanding is that emergency appropriations are off the books. Does anyone have a good internet proof source that shows the dates and dollar amounts of bills that were approved and signed?

Is there any site out there that evaluates the actual cost of these? I found one bill that had changes to the tax code included. Do they figure the cost of such changes when they state the actual cost of the bill?

I have searched far and wide the past few days and can not find a good proof source.

HOLLYWOOD
01-23-2008, 11:58 AM
No they are not... they are drafting the context of the bill... what is OFF the TABLE... is the house of REPRESENTATIVES!

The GOP TAKES their RETREAT to GREENBRIAR, WEST VIRGINIA starting tomorrow so the HOUSE closes till next MONDAY.

Then on MONDAY, Jan 28th, the house come into session just long enough for the attendance of PRESIDENT "BOMBS-A-LOT" BUSH's, STATE OF THE UNION SPEECH.

THEN, the DEMOCRATS TAKE THEIR RETREAT for 3 DAYS to WILLIAMSBURG, VA and of course we all know that CONGRESS NO LONGER works on FRIDAYS.

Then CONGRESS is off PRESIDENT's DAY WEEK.

SUMMARY... HOUSE works today and returns,Monday, Jan 30th for a few hours to attend the State of the Union speech, then are off until Feb 4th, work until Feb 14th, then return, February 25th.

SO from today JAN 23, 2008 until FEB 25, 2008:

The HOUSE of REPRESENTATIVES will be at work 9 1/4 days

And they vote themselves a PAY RAISE this year? DISGUSTING!