PDA

View Full Version : Grrr. Grassroots campus chalkings being defaced.

EvilEngineer
01-23-2008, 11:02 AM
My campus has been for the last few months doing Ron Paul chalkings on campus to raise awareness. Today as I was walking around, the places where normally good Ron Paul messages are, have been replaced with defacements.

"Ron Paul Eats Babies"
"Who is Ron Paul, Who cares?"

and other stupid shit. Only source I'm linking to a group responsible is something along the lines of stealyourvote.com which goes to nothing. Any other campuses having trouble with shit like this?

rfbz
01-23-2008, 11:12 AM
that sounds like random mischief. If it was someone out to smear RP, they'd probably at least try to make it relevant. When I was in college, someone was chalking up "who is Neo?" (it turned out to be a lure by this Christian group on campus) for weeks and at first people were genuinely curious but it turned to annoyance after a while because it was too blatant an attempt to create a buzz and mystery. People started defacing those after a week.

I never really liked the "Who is RP" thing, because I always think well why don't you just tell me? when I see that done with other people.

jake
01-23-2008, 11:12 AM
turn them into RON PAUL for PRESIDENT :)

EvilEngineer
01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm not a fan of chalkings in general, but what I can't stand are defacements of it. The fact that there are multiple around campus indicates it was at least a group doing it. Punishment for them is coming... as soon as I find them.

rpfan2008
01-23-2008, 11:15 AM
fine

you just add: 'by giulliani'/ by romney/by McCain'

you decide ;)

"Ron Paul Eats Babies"
by: McCain

jdmetz
01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
cross out "eats" and write "delivers"

cicatrice
01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Our campus has two tunnels which are spray-painted (legally) and there have been times where the RP group here paints those walls. Days later there are marks of defamation such as the attempt to make Nazi swastikas but they're actually left-facing (like the ones found in Buddhism and Hinduism). I think the fact that they try to label him a Nazi and can't even get the symbol right shows how ignorant they are.