PDA

View Full Version : got a call from navy wanting me to join

jlaker
01-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I got a call just now from the navy wanting me to join. I told them I don't want to live in Iraq. Then I ask if he was voting and he said yes, but he didn't like any of the canidates because they promise the world and dont deliver. I ask him if he knew what candidate got the most donations from the military and he said no, who. I told him ron paul and he asked why. I said because he wants to bring troops home immeditaly. Oh he said I could see why. then I said I would ask around if anyone wanted to join the navy if he youtubed Ron Pual. I was a deal. So i wouldn't be lying if anyone lives close to St Louis and wants to join the navy the number in 1-618-2183740 and ask for Mike.:D

hopeforamerica
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RonPaulJunkie
01-23-2008, 10:52 AM
lmao, nice!

werdd
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
lol, even the recruiters know this war sucks.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Hah! You turned the tables on him. Nice job!

yongrel
01-23-2008, 11:11 AM
I need to try that. The recruiters of all the military branches have been calling me at least twice month for the past 3 years. I never should have taken the ASVAB.

Nyte
01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
awesome!

iraq is one of the reasons why i left the airforce after 10 yrs of service... i didn't join to support and defend UN resolutions

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-23-2008, 11:14 AM
At least in the Navy you are damn sure not be in Iraq. Maybe in the water nearby but not in Iraq.

Unless you are crazy enough to try to be a Seal and they will send your ass to Iran or Syria or whereever is next.

jumpyg1258
01-23-2008, 11:18 AM
awesome!

iraq is one of the reasons why i left the airforce after 10 yrs of service... i didn't join to support and defend UN resolutions

I pretty much left for those same reasons, was tired of our governments foreign policies and didnt feel like going over to Iraq for some rich guy's hard-on for oil.

Shink
01-23-2008, 11:36 AM
No thanks, and good job.

yaz
01-23-2008, 11:41 AM
The army called every single person at my high school who graduated their senior year I believe. It was obvious to me that they picked a recruiter who knew how to sound "cool". I told him that I was not interested in joining . He called me back and said the exact same introduction, until I told him that he already called my number. His reply was, "Oh, I'm sorry about that."

Shink
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
The army called every single person at my high school who graduated their senior year I believe. It was obvious to me that they picked a recruiter who knew how to sound "cool". I told him that I was not interested in joining . He called me back and said the exact same introduction, until I told him that he already called my number. His reply was, "Oh, I'm sorry about that."

Did he throw in a, "Werrrrd...?" I hate how recruiters fake the buddy-buddy routine to everyone.

billyjoeallen
01-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Been there, done that, got the discharge. Good job. carry on.

freelance
01-23-2008, 11:44 AM
At least in the Navy you are damn sure not be in Iraq. Maybe in the water nearby but not in Iraq.

Unless you are crazy enough to try to be a Seal and they will send your ass to Iran or Syria or whereever is next.

NOT TRUE, unfortunately. That's what I thought, too. I have a friend who is a Navy pilot (an officer) and he spent time on the ground in Iraq. He was there for several months.

Please don't let anyone thing that the Navy is an end run around serving in Iraq. My friend was kind of surprised when he got assigned there. He's back now somewhere in Washington State (does Whitbey Island sound right?), but he's been told that he's going back to Iraq, but he has not been told when.

Spread the word.

Bilgefisher
01-23-2008, 11:45 AM

You would be very, very wrong sir. I was a submariner, several of my shipmates are in Iraq, including my former Chief of the Boat.

jlaker
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Did he throw in a, "Werrrrd...?" I hate how recruiters fake the buddy-buddy routine to everyone.

was very buddy buddy:)

Shink
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Air Force is a safer bet. If a draft comes down on you guys, get military intelligence (oxymoron! :D) jobs in the AF.

jlaker
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
my son has flat feet . does that rule still aply?

slantedview
01-23-2008, 11:59 AM
haha. hilarious. awesome job man :)

Minuteman2008
01-23-2008, 12:10 PM
NOT TRUE, unfortunately. That's what I thought, too. I have a friend who is a Navy pilot (an officer) and he spent time on the ground in Iraq. He was there for several months.

Please don't let anyone thing that the Navy is an end run around serving in Iraq. My friend was kind of surprised when he got assigned there. He's back now somewhere in Washington State (does Whitbey Island sound right?), but he's been told that he's going back to Iraq, but he has not been told when.

Spread the word.

Also, navy medical personnel could be stationed in Iraq with the Marines. Every Marine platoon has a corpsman who trains with the platoon; he's basically what a medic is with the army. I'm sure there are other possiblities too for navy folks to be in Iraq.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 12:13 PM
And thank God for the professionalism of our Navy people in the Straits of Hormuz! They alone prevented the Iranian Republican Guard from doing what the U.S. Neocons wanted to do but couldn't and dragging us into WWIII.

We're fighting for the people who are fighting for us! Don't you dare diss them here while I'm alive!

That doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with the recruiters, though...

SeanEdwards
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
That's funny. He called to recruit you, and you took the opportunity to recruit him.

mconder
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
I prefer to live in a place where I can sleep at night, so I'll pass.

jlaker
01-23-2008, 12:22 PM
And thank God for the professionalism of our Navy people in the Straits of Hormuz! They alone prevented the Iranian Republican Guard from doing what the U.S. Neocons wanted to do but couldn't and dragging us into WWIII.

We're fighting for the people who are fighting for us! Don't you dare diss them here while I'm alive!

That doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with the recruiters, though...

I would never disrespect anyone in the military. My boyfriend served in the navy for 4yrs and I think it made him a better man.

asgardshill
01-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I served 12 years in the Navy but even I believe that recruiters are the lowest form of animal life in the armed forces. They've got a tough job but are well-compensated (some say TOO well-compensated) for doing it adequately (i.e. consistently meeting their quotas).

Most military recruiters tell whoppers and misrepresent with the skill of ... your average politician.

jumpyg1258
01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Air Force is a safer bet. If a draft comes down on you guys, get military intelligence (oxymoron! :D) jobs in the AF.

Not true anymore which is why I got out when I did. I was a computer programmer for the air force and the manpower is starting to run so low that they were sending programmers to Iraq and they usually never send us anywhere.

Kotin
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
great job man!