PDA

View Full Version : This is a mutilation of democracy...

mokkan88
01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Seriously, if you live in Louisiana and you're sitting on these forums, for shame! Call your lawyers and find something wrong with this. You had the best chance in the world to secure delegates and did everything you need to, and suddenly because the establishment decides it wants to have its way with you you're going to sit back and say, "ho hum?" What's going on?

We cannot simply keep letting the establishment change the rules on us. Someone fudged with the campaign's voter lists in Iowa on voting day, there are ridiculous disparities between machine-counts and hand counts in New Hampshire, Nevada clearly changed the rules the night before the caucuses to let Romney win, South Carolina used a faulty voting system without a paper trail, and now the LAGOP funded a pooling of candidates to prevent Paul from getting the delegates.

WAKE. THE. FUCK. UP.

Playing by the rules will not work. Get pissed off and be angry! Let your rage boil over! Organize a protest! Dammit, what the fuck is "being professional" going to do? Even if we do attract voters, the GOP will find some way to fuck with the results, and the mass media is pleased as ever to comply.

This isn't about electing Ron Paul, this is about getting our God damned country back. MAKE NOISE ABOUT THIS!!!

minor edit

Jae0
01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Leave the LA people alone, they worked their asses off.

hueylong
01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Stop being an idiot. There was no corruption. We got out organized by people who have been working in Republican politics in this state for 25 years or more.

You don't even know the very basics of how it works.

Drea
01-23-2008, 10:49 AM
How can you possibly even start off by blaming and shaming LA RP supporters? They worked their asses off.

Maybe we should blame you because you didn't warn everyone about this.

Where were you? Hmmm?

Drea

mokkan88
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Stop being an idiot. There was no corruption. We got out organized by people who have been working in Republican politics in this state for 25 years or more.

You don't even know the very basics of how it works.

I understand it very well. An authority figure stepped in and hindered democracy using a tool of deception. That is corruption.

Democracy is supposed to be simple: you look at your choices and make an informed decision based on your opinion.

mokkan88
01-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Who said I blamed LA supporters? I stated they worked their asses off. And I continued by stating that they should not let their hard work be spat on by the establishment.

You accuse me of insulting their hard work; it would be inaction that would be an insult to their hard work.

Doriath
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
We got out organized by people who have been working in Republican politics in this state for 25 years or more.

QFT. I'm sure if you look back 4 or 8 or 12 years you will find mostly the same slate of people going to the convention, where they can cut deals for their vote, or just give it to the campaign that stuffs the most "walking around money" in their pockets.

This wasn't the result of some vast GOP conspiracy to keep Paul down, this was just the local "Boss Hoggs" making sure they kept their spot at the trough.

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Those people in district 5 wouldn't know how to be corrupt if you taught them how to. I'm telling you there was NO hanky panky going on there.

Now, we may have a point with the GOP extending the deadline 1 day after we handed in our applications.

The campaign is handling what they need to be handling right now.

I call tell you will all confidence, that if we didnt' get a majority in district 5after the provisionals were counted, it was because we were outvoted. Period.

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 10:57 AM
And, really, it is a feat that in D5, we secured (so far) the #2 spot, the #7spot, the #13 spot and the #15 spot when we are total unknowns to them and they are the establishment. And to think we may pick up a majority of 8... that in itself would be HUGE.

Computer
01-23-2008, 11:03 AM
This is a deceitful political tactic to disenfranchise Ron Paul supporters, who shouldn't be faulted. The pro-life vote was really a coalition of all the other candidates. The fact that all delegates are nominally undecided is just sophistry.

Consider this. Were this tactic implemented in every state, then candidate A, with 40% of the people's support, could conceivably be taken out of the race in the first stage by a coalition of canidates B-G, each with 10% support. That violates the principles of our representative democracy and is like something out of a third world sham election.

virginiakid
01-23-2008, 11:04 AM
All I got to say is good job in LA. Whether RP got first or second, the fact that he is even a contender is awesome. The last few times he ran for PRes. He wasn't even close to what is happening today.

The MSM and the establishment will do anything to win. Trust me. In my district we had a sheriff running for office in the Republican party. What does the Republican party do? They support the Independent-who is actually a democrat--you can't win my area if you claim to be a democrat--instead. Go figure that one out. And of course the Republican Candidate lost by a landslide. The establishment is smart and they are very strong.

But if the establishment hates the candidate enough, like they do RP, I wouldn't put anything past them.