PDA

View Full Version : BLOWBACK - the movie

jake
01-23-2008, 10:42 AM
just a wild idea that popped into my head - what if the grassroots funded a major motion picture titled "Blowback"

it would bebased on real life events detailing the costs of the current US foreign policy and the dire consequences that result: IE: suicide terrorism. I can envision the ending credits.. "only one candidate for president in 2008 is addressing the issue of blowback, Texas congressman Ron Paul. visit www.ronpaul2008.com, and cast your vote for hope, liberty, and the constitution of our great nation." :cool:

raystone
01-23-2008, 10:43 AM
absolutely love this idea !!! what a way to get to dumbed down america !!

wgadget
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Um...But we'll need a billionaire, won't we?

pacelli
01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Good idea. Please detail how much this would cost the grassroots to fund in its entirety.

Original_Intent
01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I've been toying with this idea for some time. We certainly could fund such a project - Maybe issue "stock shares" in the movie and then pay back investors (us) based on box office/ rental take. Might even do really well at some of the Indie film festivals like Sundance

Original_Intent
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Good idea. Please detail how much this would cost the grassroots to fund in its entirety.

Avoiding big name actors/directors but putting out a high quality product I can't imagine we couldn't do something fantastic for $5-$10 million. And while it likely would not be a blockbuster, I bet we could recoup most of it. I am no film expert, but it certainly seems like it should be doable. I can't imagine that we don't have some film experts amongst the revolutionaries...

Tedhunter
01-23-2008, 10:55 AM
My best friend and mentor introduced me to Ron Paul - he is a superb actor, actually lives in LA, and knows a lot about the film industry. Plus he's of East Indian descent (so he could pass as an Arab). :D

jake
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
the issue would be finding a director and producer that are both skilled and reasonably priced. I am sure we could find acting talent to work for very little, we must have some career actors and actresses in the grassroots. if this were do be done, work would need to begin NOW to get this thing rolling before November 08!

fuzzybekool
01-23-2008, 11:15 AM
If someone wrote a screenplay and pitched it to hollywood types. Who knows ?

crazyfacedjenkins
01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
so long as it has romance and a happy ending americans will like it

mysticgeek
01-23-2008, 11:29 AM
While the official movie is in production ... take a look at this video ... it gives a great explanation about the blowback from Iran
http://ronpaulvids.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/blowback-from-iran/

cicatrice
01-23-2008, 11:35 AM
I was checking out my school's bookstore today and one bookcover caught my eye--"Blowback" by Chalmers Johnson. It's mostly focused on the US foreign policy in Asia.

If the 20th century was the American century, the 21st century may be a time of reckoning for the United States. Chalmers Johnson, an authority on Japan and its economy, offers a troubling prognosis of what's to come. Blowback--the title refers to a CIA neologism describing the unintended consequences of American activity--is a call for the United States to rethink its position in the world. "The evidence is building up that in the decade following the end of the Cold War, the United States largely abandoned a reliance on diplomacy, economic aid, international law, and multilateral institutions in carrying out its foreign policies and resorted much of the time to bluster, military force, and financial manipulation," writes Johnson.

The first thing to know is that both the title and subtitle are misleading. This is a book almost exclusively about US imperialism in East and Southeast Asia. It rarely explores other regions or what's usually termed blowback. What Johnson does do is much more valuable - he explains America's military and economic policies toward Asia without getting stuck in the stultifying prose of security experts or the bewildering technical jargon of economists.

Actually, finding these reviews and summaries really makes me want to read it--especially since I have a keen interest in Japan.

MaidenFan
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Excellent video. What's the name/artist of the song in the video?

mysticgeek
01-23-2008, 11:48 AM
THE LOGICAL SONG

Excellent video. What's the name/artist of the song in the video?

dshields
01-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Interesting idea... I would be willing to bet we could find a lot of resources in the grassroots a lone when it comes to actors/actresses and of course connections to the movie industry. I think the cost mentioned of 5 to 10 million is a good estimate. Unfortunately, this wouldn't be out in time for the Presidential election.

Perhaps that doesn't matter. Our goal does extend beyond the presidency...

Dave

mysticgeek
01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
You can preview "BLOWBACK: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire" at this link:
http://tinyurl.com/ypa6dc

raystone
01-23-2008, 04:23 PM
bumpback

crink
01-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I think this is a great idea... in a perfect world. But if we can't even get the MSM to endorse our presidential candidate how are we going to get them to endorse a movie revealing everything they hate about Ron Paul. Hollywood and the MSM wouldn't even allow it to get a ticket... :(

parke
01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Good idea. 5 stars!

UtahApocalypse
01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
I think this is a excellent idea! We may not have the time for it to make a difference in this election cycle, but imagine working on it for a year even two then getting it out 2 years before the next election cycle. It could cover many topics and how its all tied together.

I've been toying with this idea for some time. We certainly could fund such a project - Maybe issue "stock shares" in the movie and then pay back investors (us) based on box office/ rental take. Might even do really well at some of the Indie film festivals like Sundance

This is a great concept for how to fund such a project. Could possibly get the production persons to even work on such a arrangement.

dannno
01-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Already done:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5948263607579389947

coffeewithchess
01-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Already done:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5948263607579389947

Not even close to the idea...

dannno
01-24-2008, 02:04 AM
Not even close to the idea...

you'd be surprised.

coffeewithchess
01-24-2008, 02:06 AM
you'd be surprised.

I've watched it...wasn't that impressed.

dannno
01-24-2008, 02:08 AM
so i imagine you aren't out to make a disinformation piece, which terrorist acts do you have evidence for? (besides 9/11, let's say)

coffeewithchess
01-24-2008, 02:09 AM
so i imagine you aren't out to make a disinformation piece, which terrorist acts do you have evidence for? (besides 9/11, let's say)

What are you talking about?

dannno
01-24-2008, 02:14 AM
operation ajax is in the first 10 minutes of the movie i posted.

ron paul often uses that operation as the pretext for all of our entanglements in the middle east in his speeches.

can i ask why a complete historical explanation of the pretext which dr. paul talks about regarding blowback is "not impressive"??

have you seen a better summary or documentary somewhere? could you please post the link?