PDA

View Full Version : LAGOP LETTER,for those that missed this

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
excerpt from the information

On Tuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicans caucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending the caucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates to represent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and then reported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of the thousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

Before these provisional ballots are counted, LAGOP staff must verify that the voter was a registered Republican voter in his or her congressional district as of November 30, 2007. The counting of provisional ballots in the 3rd and 7th Congressional districts is not needed to verify the results as the margin of victory for all winning candidates is larger than the number of provisional ballots casts. For the other five Congressional districts, Republican Party staff members will begin the process of verifying the results through each parish's registrar of voter's office. Once that process is complete, the Secretary of the Republican of Louisiana will certify the official results.

Prior to the tabulation of the provisional ballots, the uncommitted "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" slate appears to have won a majority of delegates in all seven congressional districts.

All candidates who ran for alternate delegate in the the 2nd, 3rd and 4th congressional districts won after qualifying as there were 15 or fewer candidates for those positions. The attached files contain the unofficial results broken down by district and position. The P column shows the number of provisional ballots cast

maybe the 650 votes will turn the tide on 10,000 votes but highly doubt:(

i hope i didnt break any rules pasteing this if i did,i guess they will sue me sigh,i have no money so no worries

edit ,oops i dont think i was suppose to post this but i have 55 emails with this info now so i hope its ok to post this here,if not i guess they could sue me for my rocks in my backyard

xerxesdarius
01-23-2008, 11:07 AM
maybe the 650 votes will turn the tide on 10,000 votes but highly doubt:(

The letter says that only the 3rd and 7th districts are settled without counting the provisional. I take that to mean the rest are within the margin of the provisional votes.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 11:14 AM
The letter says that only the 3rd and 7th districts are settled without counting the provisional. I take that to mean the rest are within the margin of the provisional votes.

im so upset right now
CANI HAVE MY APATHY BACK PLEASE.
i cant believe im so upset about a state ive never been to:(

hueylong
01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Everybody got their expectations up without knowing the real score. It's understandable.

billyjoeallen
01-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Great idea from Walt Theisson:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted By: Walt
Date: 2008-01-23 11:07:22

Guys there is an easy way to combat this slimey political machine. We are sending canvassing letters to our precinct Republicans. We just added a sticker.

It says "UPDATE. We just got word that Ron Paul won Tuesday's Louisiana caucus"

He did. He beat all "candidates". The pro family slate is not a candidate.

If anyone does a search online they will not find any other candidate that beat him.

Please follow suit!

On all articles please title Ron Paul beats all other Republican Candidates in Louisiana Caucaus.

If any news site digs into this they will have to admit we are correct and either post the truth or keep their mouth shut. Either way a google search will turn up Ron Paul Wins Louisiana.