PDA

View Full Version : How does this happen? I thought we were dedicated supporters!?!

caradeporra
01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/#NHREP

Half way down the page they asked "What is your opinion of Ron Paul?"

20% of the people that answered "strongly favorable" voted for MITT ROMNEY!!!
8% of them voted for McCAIN and ABLE
5% of them voted for Huckaboo

When combined "strongly favorable" and "somewhat favorable" more people who had positive thoughts about paul voted for mccain.

If they all knew how many there were of them...Ron Paul would be winning right now!!!

All together, Ron Paul lost 36% of the people who "Strongly Favor" him!!!!

He only pulled in 3% of "somewhat favor"!!!

THESE NUMBERS SHOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD VOTE FOR HIM, IF THE MEDIA DIDNT CONSTANTLY SAY "HE CANT WIN! HE CANT WIN! HE IS UNELECTABLE! DONT WASTE YOUR VOTE HE CANT WIN!"

AdamT
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Sheep flocking to the poll?

nullvalu
01-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Who knows.. A local radio guy in Chicago says Ron Paul is his guy, but is back & forth between supporting Guiliani & Paul. HOW?? maybe not all of us are as loyal as we hope. Or maybe it's because in this instance the radio station is owned by Fox News & he's not allowed to openly support Paul. lol

rollingpig
01-23-2008, 10:42 AM
"McCAIN and ABLE" LOL

amy31416
01-23-2008, 10:43 AM
You can lead a sheep to water, but you can't make 'em think.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I think the message we need to be spreading as hard as we can right now is, "Vote your conscience and trust in God."

Paulitical Correctness
01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Well, who here HASNT come across someone with the "He can't win" mentality?

Even if all of us just say one, it's still an assload of people.

Bunch of morons. :mad:

pacelli
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
The sheep have all followed the sheep in front of them. They're going with whoever is crowned as 'electable'. I ran into this with canvassing - "Love the idea, but I'm voting Romney because he's actually got a chance to get the nomination". Couldn't name 1 of Romney's platform items.

barbz
01-23-2008, 10:59 AM
You're talking about 1,520 respondents in this poll. I don't trust CNN to provide correct data anyway.

fuzzybekool
01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Those numbers indicate people love Ron Paul but see him as "unelectable".

chipvogel
01-23-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm sure its the wasted vote/can't win thing
A win anywhere would help the most

NoPants
01-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Incredibly annoying.

Someone I work with is voting for Romney because "he's a good public speaker and looks good on TV." This same person LOVES president Regan and has a book shelf full of Regan books. When I asked how they felt about Romney changing his views and pandering to voters by telling them what they want to hear just to get their vote he responded, "Thats what you have to do to win, I know he lies and that's another reason I like him." I was outraged because he even said that Ron Paul wouldn't win because he's honest and has integrity! I told him that these were the same reasons I was supporting Ron Paul and began saying he was being un-American. I backed off a little after that because this person is the president of my company.

Shink
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
I think the message we need to be spreading as hard as we can right now is, "Vote your conscience and trust in God."

Don't put religion into it unless you KNOW your audience. I'd slam the door if someone came up to my house with a great candidate to talk about but opened up saying the Bible wants me to vote for them.

But anyway, most people are just too fickle. I'm sure there are a bunch of fairly high-profile people that would love to endorse Ron if he just got a big televised win somewhere, and I'm sure voters are acting the same way. Tough nut to crack. It'll take a lot of face-to-face work.

Knightskye
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
LMAO, we're loved by McCain supporters. No wonder why McCain's daughter's dating that Ron Paul supporter.

How do we convert these people!?

DealzOnWheelz
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
They are not SHEEP

THey are Lemmings they just follow the leader

Knightskye
01-23-2008, 11:43 AM
We got 30% of the "Poor National Economy" vote. They're paying attention to something. :)

Bradley in DC
01-23-2008, 11:45 AM
When HQ runs ads, they turn off our supporters and our vote totals tank. Happened both in Iowa and NH. They don't know how to read crosstabs and move voters (well, at least not in our direction).

yaz
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Imagine if every single member on these forums just called 10 people how many voters we could reach. You can get calling lists from the Ron Paul campaign.

McDermit
01-23-2008, 11:55 AM
We need to get out a strong "don't follow the herd" message.

"vote your conscience"
"vote your heart"
"principle over party"
"cast a vote you can be proud of"
"let your conscience be your guide"
"he's only unelectable if you vote for someone else"
"voters determine electability with each and every vote"
"if everyone who said "he can't win" votes for him, he WILL win!"
"don't throw away you vote - vote your heart"
"if you don't vote, you can't complain!"
"like him? vote for him!"

we need to come up with a handful of catchy slogans, and get those into our sign wavings, etc.

McDermit
01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Imagine if every single member on these forums just called 10 people how many voters we could reach. You can get calling lists from the Ron Paul campaign.

not enough?

we need to do more than call 10 people.

McDermit
01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
When HQ runs ads, they turn off our supporters and our vote totals tank. Happened both in Iowa and NH. They don't know how to read crosstabs and move voters (well, at least not in our direction).

yeah, the ads have sucked.. and haven't been targeted, if at all.

SeanEdwards
01-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Incredibly annoying.

Someone I work with is voting for Romney because "he's a good public speaker and looks good on TV." This same person LOVES president Regan and has a book shelf full of Regan books. When I asked how they felt about Romney changing his views and pandering to voters by telling them what they want to hear just to get their vote he responded, "Thats what you have to do to win, I know he lies and that's another reason I like him." I was outraged because he even said that Ron Paul wouldn't win because he's honest and has integrity! I told him that these were the same reasons I was supporting Ron Paul and began saying he was being un-American. I backed off a little after that because this person is the president of my company.

John Stewart was dead on right. The American people don't vote for honest, principled integrity. The sheep want to vote for a daddy figure who will lie to them and say "everything will be ok".

Pete Kay
01-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I have to be honest here. Reading about that makes me want to walk into a polling place and punch every single person in the face.

Deborah K
01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
This is a classic example of what happens when people don't vote for the right person because they don't think he'll win.......what a crying shame!!

SeanEdwards
01-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I have to be honest here. Reading about that makes me want to walk into a polling place and punch every single person in the face.

Me too.