PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul go campaign in Europe?

RonRules
01-23-2008, 09:56 AM
After Super Tuesday, I think Ron Paul should take a little vacation and spend a day or two in Germany, at least a day in England and even France. France after all gave us the concept of Liberty. I would also support a trip to either Japan and South Korea near the military bases there.

Here's why:

Lots of Americans live in Europe and there are large military bases there. A Ron Paul rally and speech right outside a military base would draw in lots of Americans and lots of military folks that support Ron Paul.

The European media will not censor Ron Paul and would certainly welcome him and promote his ideas worldwide. The return on investment would be fantastic. Instead of buying TV ads, we would get huge publicity World Wide.

The idea of campaigning in Europe is also to spread the message far and wide, which is why Ron Paul is running after all. Europe needs Ron Paul's ideas as much if not more than we do. Total taxes are around 55% there.

This campaign is about doing things differently. Imagine all the European magazines, newspapers and TV show coverage from the BBC that are shown here.

The cost is minimal and not much more than flying across the country.

Does anybody here have the skills/connections to make this happen?

Any additional ideas?

Redcard
01-23-2008, 09:58 AM
You do know that most overseas military votes are attached to their home base of residence, right?

dehydratedwater
01-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Its a good idea. Then we can make an ad on how europeans approve Dr paul's message overwhelmingly over other candidates and how dumb america is and make it viral on youtube ;)

newmedia4ron
01-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Why not?
he clearly has the name recognition already in the US :rolleyes:

Mystile
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
unfortunately, I can't see the European media being much better than the American media.

webber53
Yes!

JoBurke
The European media will not censor Ron Paul

Sorry, but that is incorrect - they have been doing so the entire time.

They take thier marching orders from the AP and the AP is under control.

tuckessee
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM
At least he'd get some normal & positive press coverage there. Go for it! The US is vast intellectual wasteland.

dreicher
01-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Bad, bad idea. Americans, by and large, are completely arrogant and would resent even the slightest hint of "being told what to do by the Europeans".

He already has a large swath of the population that think "he hates America". After Super Tuesday, I think he should go on an Apple Pie eating tour of the entire southern half of the US.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Seems a waste of time and money to me--the voters he needs are in Iraq, Afghanistan and here. And according to the overseas supporters who have blogged on this site, yes he will get censored.

Sorry.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
The cost for this project is around the cost for funding the blimp for ONE day (12K/day). Ron Paul has to travel and spread the message anyway. The FREE PUBLICITY from this stunt would be AMAZING.

It's not just the few thousands of votes from Americans in Europe, but the priceless publicity of this stunt. It is largely a publicity stunt and it's NEVER been done before. The BBC is covering us already and imagine how they'll run with this. The Sweedish love us. Look at the YouToubes!

Romney speaks perfect French. He was a missionary there for 2 years. Do you want to wait for him to pull this off first?

This is not a complex project folks. Find a large hotel venue near a military base en Germany, England, advertise to the press and local supporters and show up for a speech!

The opportunities are boundless. A large pizza in London right now is $40.00. Imagine Ron Paul in a restaurant showing us the real dollar contraction with the prices on the menu in American dollars. What a soup $10? Wouldn't that be priceless?

"the voters he needs are in Iraq". I would also like him to go to Iraq, but I doubt he could pull this off. There will be a lot of opposition from the liked of Halliburton and the Bush administration.

This will also prepare us for the inevitable debate question: "What foreign policy experience do you have Congressman Paul". A good showing of support in Europe will make a huge difference and he could totally master his response based on that.

This will also help us get millions of votes from naturalized American citizens.

Please respond with additional ideas to make this happen. Take your negativity elsewhere.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 10:39 AM
We can't afford it. We still have a long way to go in the US. Save the rest of the world for the presidency.

wgadget
01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Ron Paul does not take any taxpayer-paid junkets...But nothing is stopping him from taking a grassroots-paid junket...LOL.

Grandson of Liberty
01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
My campaign contribution was in NO WAY intended to be used for international campaigning. When is the France primary, anyway?

With all due respect, this is a bad idea. For too many reasons to list.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
"
My campaign contribution was in NO WAY intended to be used for international campaigning. "

Please think outside the box a bit. This idea is to help win the election here in the US. Do you realize that this is a county of imigrants, with millions of recently naturalized citizens that are against the war?

Kissing one more baby or eating one more apple pie slice will not have ANYWHERE the effect this will have.

For the cost of funding the Blimp for ONE day, we can do this.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm starting to warm to it--a little. A goodwill trip to France from a candidate of the party whose supporters seemed to forget that they're our oldest and most steadfast ally back in 2003... I don't know if Republicans would be pissed as hell or supportive. Pretty radical suggestion.

Maybe if you could talk the Dixie Chicks into going with him it might do some good--maybe.

Redcard
01-23-2008, 10:53 AM
We're polling at 6.3% in Cali. 5.5% in Florida. We're not even polling in NYC.

Overall, we're at 4.6%.

So, of course. Let's go to Europe. _THAT'LL_ help us.

Grandson of Liberty
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
"

Please think outside the box a bit. This idea is to help win the election here in the US. Do you realize that this is a county of imigrants, with millions of recently naturalized citizens that are against the war?

And going to another country helps how? I'm not seeing it. Those immigrants are here, not there. Sometimes there is a reason an idea is "outside the box."

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-23-2008, 10:59 AM
My campaign contribution was in NO WAY intended to be used for international campaigning. When is the France primary, anyway?

With all due respect, this is a bad idea. For too many reasons to list.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. The European media is a lot more diversified than the American media and the German, the French and the Italian media in particular would be more than willing to welcome him. He has got quite a bit of support in the UK among the regular Joe as well.

I don't know how you should wrap this though. I am personally not sure if it'd be a good idea to visit an army base. The military support for Dr. Paul is most likely more of an illusion than anything else. Actually the so called military support is based on the fact that "he has gotten more donations from active military personnel than any other candidate!" uhm... yeah... so.. ? He has also gotten more donations from any US citizen than any other candidate, this doesn't mean that he has got more then 10 % support though. I don't think that his military support among foreign bases is all that high, he could even be welcomed with hostility. It's too big a risk.

That being said a visit to Europe could work.. He just needs to wrap it right.

Maybe he could go to London to "meet up with some English colleagues and "lifelong friends" to discuss the current economic meltdown and the effects on future economic strategy or something like that... That might sound credible and he could combine his 1 or 2 day visit with a public speech in Hyde park or something like that. I am pretty sure that a few hundred/thousand British supporters would show up and it would definitely get him a lot of headlines.

And so what if the media in the US tries to spin it? Dr. Paul needs three things right now:
1- Exposure
2- More exposure
3- Contrast between himself and the other candidates

A trip to London could achieve just that and it doesn't have to take more than 2 days.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Ron Paul flies on a chartered jet EVERY day. Flying 3000 miles in the US or flying 4000 miles to London is just about the same cost.

There is a grassroots movement ALL OVER EUROPE, including France (Strasbourg) that will chip in to pay the hotel, restaurants, everything.

COST IS ABSOLUTELY NOT AN ISSUE.

It's about getting FREE PUBLICITY, enormous publicity, and seeing the likes of Rudy Giuliani hitting his hand on his forehead, regretting not doing this.

Maybe you don't read the London Financial times and Die Spiegel, but lots of people in he US and WORLDWIDE do. An American friend of mine who spent 5 years in Germany still listens to Deuche Welle.

My favorite news broadcast in the US is the BBC. It's US news done by the BBC in the US. Try it, you'll like it.

It's all about getting the buzz. The internet buzz from such a 3-day trip will resonate for months.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:02 AM
"not sure if it'd be a good idea to visit an army base."

I didn't say visit an army base. Instead, find a hotel NEAR an army base. The military Ron Paul supporters will come and cheer, in masse!

GregVernon
01-23-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm all for it. It could probably be spun as a diplomatic mission to Europe to restore relations with other nations.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:06 AM
We're polling at 6.3% in Cali. 5.5% in Florida. We're not even polling in NYC.

Overall, we're at 4.6%.

So, of course. Let's go to Europe. _THAT'LL_ help us.

Yes, IT WILL HELP US. Do you have a better suggestion? Should we pay for ads on Fox while they trash the good doctor's name day and day out?

We need media coverage. That's why we're polling low. A trip to Europe will not only get HUGE media coverage WORLDWIDE, but will HAVE to be covered by US medias. They will HAVE to say something about it.

I can see THOUSANDs of new YouTube videos from this. The spillover publicity will dominate the internet for weeks.

Grandson of Liberty
01-23-2008, 11:10 AM
It's all about getting the buzz. The internet buzz from such a 3-day trip will resonate for months.

We already have an internet buzz! What makes you think the U.S. media will "have to cover this" if they aren't covering stuff here. Again, I'm not seeing the advantage.

Also, someone please tell me how many electoral votes Europe has, and is it broken up by countries or is it winner take all?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm really scratching my head over this one, people.

Redcard
01-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Yes, IT WILL HELP US. Do you have a better suggestion? Should we pay for ads on Fox while they trash the good doctor's name day and day out?

We need media coverage. That's why we're polling low. A trip to Europe will not only get HUGE media coverage WORLDWIDE, but will HAVE to be covered by US medias. They will HAVE to say something about it.

I can see THOUSANDs of new YouTube videos from this. The spillover publicity will dominate the internet for weeks.

You do realize that Rupert Murdoch owns the media over there , too?

Look, fuck Youtube videos. Okay, I said it. FUCK THEM.

That's all you guys think about. How it'd be a great Youtube video. Isn't it obvious by now that this election is not going to be won by the people who have the best Youtube videos?

We have 11 days left. I promise you that ALL of those days are organized for Ron Paul. After that, we're either in this firmly, or done.

Yes. Think outside of the box. But also think about the core issue, which is getting people in the United States to go to the polls and vote. The servicemen have already voted for the 2/5 election by absentee.. their ballots are likely on the way back RIGHT NOW to their various home states.

I cannot understand how , when Ron Paul isn't seeming to pick up good states and do the right things in those states, that going to an entirely different continent will help.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
And going to another country helps how? I'm not seeing it. Those immigrants are here, not there.

Those immigrants -- MILLIONS of the are in steady contract with their respective countries. Assume a complete blackout of the trip from the US media (it wont' happen), but the word will get back stateside like never before.

Don't forget OUR OWN media. The Lew Rockewell's and hundreds of similar blogs will be all over this.

Ron Paul clearly stated MANY times that we have to be FRIENDS with other countries and trade with them. Ron Paul is NOT an isolationist and that would be a GREAT time to show it.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:15 AM
"We have 11 days left."

I said AFTER Super Tuesday. There are some 20 states left after Super Tuesday and this free publicity will help us get them.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't see too many suggestions on HOW TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. Assume it's possible and it makes sense. How will we organize this?

Here's one: Fly to Toronto, Canada for a few hours and a speech there. Canadian support for Ron Paul is huge. That would be our TEST market.

Won't cost a dime more than to fly to Kalamazoo and eat apple pie.

Registered
01-23-2008, 11:20 AM
ronrules STFU

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

DealzOnWheelz
01-23-2008, 11:21 AM
HMMMMM lets see if I have this right

"He gets over $20 million dollars from grassroots, takes a vacation to campaign in some of the most hostile territories on earth, where the CIA has performed numerous missions overthrowing elected officials and propping up puppet governments in favor of the military industrial complex that is ANTI RON PAUL so he can spread the message of liberty, and How thick will the Bullet/Bomb proof case be that he moves around in??"

Horrible idea

unless you would like to assassinate Dr Paul yourself

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
HMMMMM lets see if I have this right

"He gets over $20 million dollars from grassroots, takes a vacation to campaign in some of the most hostile territories on earth, where the CIA has performed numerous missions overthrowing elected officials and propping up puppet governments in favor of the military industrial complex that is ANTI RON PAUL so he can spread the message of liberty, and How thick will the Bullet/Bomb proof case be that he moves around in??"

Horrible idea

unless you would like to assassinate Dr Paul yourself

Are we talking about the same Europe that I have lived in for 27 years?

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey Dutch, wouldn' Holland be a GREAT country for Ron Paul to visit. It is one of the freest country in Europe.

I say 3 days in Europe: Germany, Holland and England.

DealzOnWheelz
01-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Are we talking about the same Europe that I have lived in for 27 years?

No he said he would want him to goto IRAQ as well

Are you friggin serious?

Haliburton would put a hit on him immediately and then they would give them immunity to be prosecuted and then haul anyone asking questions off to gitmo

pacelli
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
You do realize that Rupert Murdoch owns the media over there , too?

Look, fuck Youtube videos. Okay, I said it. FUCK THEM.

That's all you guys think about. How it'd be a great Youtube video. Isn't it obvious by now that this election is not going to be won by the people who have the best Youtube videos?

We have 11 days left. I promise you that ALL of those days are organized for Ron Paul. After that, we're either in this firmly, or done.

Yes. Think outside of the box. But also think about the core issue, which is getting people in the United States to go to the polls and vote. The servicemen have already voted for the 2/5 election by absentee.. their ballots are likely on the way back RIGHT NOW to their various home states.

I cannot understand how , when Ron Paul isn't seeming to pick up good states and do the right things in those states, that going to an entirely different continent will help.

I agree. Let me see if I can get this straight - we spend 1.8 million American dollars for Dr. Paul's campaign for US presidency, we fly him to a country that converts 1000 USD into 512 GBP, to gather votes-- in the US?

I'm too much of a fiscal conservative to chip-in on this one. You'd do much better trying to get the BBC in the US to do an extended interview & air it in Europe.

DealzOnWheelz
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
How bout 3 days in STATES THAT CAN VOTE

I am all for the world loving ron paul but lets get him in office before he starts touring the world like Michael Jackson

fuzzybekool
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Campaign here. Visit Europe after being elected.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:34 AM
We're only at 6-8%. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

COST IS NOT THE ISSUE, it's essentially a free trip that will not cost much more than flying anywhere in the US. Yes we got $20 mil from the grassroots. (Actually it's $30 mil buddy)

I'm asking you guys to consider that 3 days of the next SIX MONTHS should be spent in Europe. Do 4 hours in Toronto Canada first and if the results are good, go to Europe and if that's great then go to Asia for 2 days.

This is all AFTER Super Tuesday guys.

He will be received in OPEN ARMS. The photo op from this trip is HUGE. Look at the pictures of young enthusiastic Ron Paul supporters in Germany, France, Sweden. It's amazing and we have to capture that feeling.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 11:35 AM

COST IS NOT THE ISSUE, it's essentially a free trip that will not cost much more than flying anywhere in the US. Yes we got $20 mil from the grassroots. (Actually it's $30 mil buddy)

I'm asking you guys to consider that 3 days of the next SIX MONTHS should be spent in Europe. Do 4 hours in Toronto Canada first and if the results are good, go to Europe and if that's great then go to Asia for 2 days.

This is all AFTER Super Tuesday guys.

He will be received in OPEN ARMS. The photo op from this trip is HUGE. Look at the pictures of young enthusiastic Ron Paul supporters in Germany, France, Sweden. It's amazing and we have to capture that feeling.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=98722

Redcard
01-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Yes. And you're saying that he'll be welcomed with open arms? Look, I've heard enough of how Ron Paul is so popular over here. That everyone loves him. That New Hampshire would shock the world.

It didn't. You're going to have to accept the fact that this is one world.. just because you're tied into RP 24/7 doesn't mean the rest of the world is. If he's not popular in the nation where he's running for president, he's not going to be popular in an entirely different continent.

If he's not getting on the press due to some MSM conspiracy , going over to Europe won't make a difference.

Look, are you aware that over 40% of the nation votes in 13 days. Frankly, given trend statistics and all that, "After Super Tuesday" might just as well be "After the Election" for us!

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Hey Dutch, wouldn' Holland be a GREAT country for Ron Paul to visit. It is one of the freest country in Europe.

I say 3 days in Europe: Germany, Holland and England.

I think the UK would fall better with the American public. And I think that if he'd go he should go to meet up with some colleagues on the other side of the pond. He could sell that as an Important meeting on global economic strategy in the light of global economic meltdown, he could combine that one day visit with a public speech at a famous landmark.

It doesn't have to cost more than 2 days and yeah.. Of course it does cost him some time campaigning in the US but lets be frank.. With the lack of coverage that he is getting his visits in the US really don't mean that much. Sure he can shake a few hundred hands but it hardly influences the election process as a whole. A trip to the UK might.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
How bout 3 days in STATES THAT CAN VOTE

We HAVE been doing that for 1 year, and frankly, it's NOT working.

It's NOT working, not because of Ron Paul, but because we are not getting our share of free publicity like the other candidates have. The press will have no choice but to cover this.

I live near Disneyland and meet tourists all the time. Last weekend at a sign waving a guy from Canada and a guy from Germany knew about Ron Paul and were big supporters. Why did these guys know about Ron Pau? Because the PRESS in EUROPE talks about Ron Paul. Check out the BBC here, they cover Ron Paul

Sure European can't vote, THAT'S NOT THE POINT! It's a free WORLDWIDE news conduit to help spread the message.

This is HUGE folks. For the cost of ONE DAY of Blimping !

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-23-2008, 11:43 AM
No he said he would want him to goto IRAQ as well

Are you friggin serious?

Haliburton would put a hit on him immediately and then they would give them immunity to be prosecuted and then haul anyone asking questions off to gitmo

Yeah if he goes to Iraq he won't come back, that's for sure. They'll blame his death on Al Qaida and boost Rudy back into the race :p

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I think the UK would fall better with the American public. And I think that if he'd go he should go to meet up with some colleagues on the other side of the pond. He could sell that as an Important meeting on global economic strategy in the light of global economic meltdown, he could combine that one day visit with a public speech at a famous landmark.

It doesn't have to cost more than 2 days and yeah.. Of course it does cost him some time campaigning in the US but lets be frank.. With the lack of coverage that he is getting his visits in the US really don't mean that much. Sure he can shake a few hundred hands but it hardly influences the election process as a whole. A trip to the UK might.

Finally, a positive response !

Most of you guys are depressed, it's sad to see.

This whole grass roots movement needs a VACATION! Join Ron Paul in Europe!

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Look, are you aware that over 40% of the nation votes in 13 days. Frankly, given trend statistics and all that, "After Super Tuesday" might just as well be "After the Election" for us!

That's the best rationale against hyping this at this moment that I have seen so far. I'm all for a trip to Europe after Super Tuesday, and it could be sold quite well if they approach it right.

But..

Super Tuesday comes first and will be crucial.. Focus on that, stay in the race, and hype possible trips to Europe later. Use your efforts where they are effective at the moment.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Well the idea is pretty good, I like it. But like another poster stated: Super Tuesday comes first. Survive that and if the MSM still doesn't pick you guys up.. Grab that plain for a few days :p

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 11:51 AM
We HAVE been doing that for 1 year, and frankly, it's NOT working.

It's NOT working, not because of Ron Paul, but because we are not getting our share of free publicity like the other candidates have. The press will have no choice but to cover this.

I live near Disneyland and meet tourists all the time. Last weekend at a sign waving a guy from Canada and a guy from Germany knew about Ron Paul and were big supporters. Why did these guys know about Ron Pau? Because the PRESS in EUROPE talks about Ron Paul. Check out the BBC here, they cover Ron Paul

Sure European can't vote, THAT'S NOT THE POINT! It's a free WORLDWIDE news conduit to help spread the message.

This is HUGE folks. For the cost of ONE DAY of Blimping !

I disagree that our efforts haven't been working.

I know that Paul has supporters all over the world, and that they're dedicated enough to want to wave his sign at Disney. This doesn't automatically mean that there will be huge crowds. The majority of people anywhere are hard enough to get interested in their local politics.

However, if he's closer to them, he could attract most of the Revolution supporters on the continent. It could be big, and could be newsworthy. I am still not convinced, though, that this will impress G.O.P. Joe here at home--and that's who we need. Remember, G.O.P. Joe doesn't even want us in the U.N.

Can you address this concern? How does this specifically help us win the Republican primary?

Thank you.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 12:00 PM
"Can you address this concern? How does this specifically help us win the Republican primary?"

It's all about the speech that Ron Paul will give to the Europeans. He will explain our constitution and how the original Republicans were the true constitutionalists. The NeoCons have hijacked the Republican party and that's easy to show. With the right speech pace, the Europeans will listen and will cheer like we do.

These European speeches will be recorded and you can play them back to your Republican grandma (while eating apple pie with her)

BTW, wasn't Apple pie an British recipe?

Mattsa
01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
After Super Tuesday, I think Ron Paul should take a little vacation and spend a day or two in Germany, at least a day in England and even France. France after all gave us the concept of Liberty. I would also support a trip to either Japan and South Korea near the military bases there.

Here's why:

Lots of Americans live in Europe and there are large military bases there. A Ron Paul rally and speech right outside a military base would draw in lots of Americans and lots of military folks that support Ron Paul.

The European media will not censor Ron Paul and would certainly welcome him and promote his ideas worldwide. The return on investment would be fantastic. Instead of buying TV ads, we would get huge publicity World Wide.

The idea of campaigning in Europe is also to spread the message far and wide, which is why Ron Paul is running after all. Europe needs Ron Paul's ideas as much if not more than we do. Total taxes are around 55% there.

This campaign is about doing things differently. Imagine all the European magazines, newspapers and TV show coverage from the BBC that are shown here.

The cost is minimal and not much more than flying across the country.

Does anybody here have the skills/connections to make this happen?

Any additional ideas?

Ron Paul would have a tough job selling his message in the UK

The media here is largely owned by Murdoch, including The Times. There is virtually no mention of Ron Paul in the editorial content of any of our newspapers.

However, there are a small but growing number of people who are very anti-Europe and Ron Paul's message would play quite well to them.

The UK has been a socialist state for 70 years now. That means there are very few people alive who have experienced life under anything other than the welfare state. The education system is diabolical and the media is complicit in the destruction of the UK's independence. The BBC, for example, is now just subtle propaganda for NuLabour and ever more stifling control of the people.

The most conservative Newspaper in the UK is now The Telegraph. It's the only serious newspaper left that dares to attack NuLabour and further integration into the United Socialist State of Europe.

I've just spent a month in the USA and I must warn you that your country is being hijacked in the same subtle and underhand way and freedom and liberty will not survive in the US unless the rot is stopped quickly. The NeoCons are a cancer that needs to be cut out immediately. There is very little time left before the spread is complete. The Ron Paul movement has suffered some setbacks recently and support seems to have died away somewhat but I have confidence that the support will return as the other candidates' campaigns run out of money.

Just keep the support going and keep the heat on the NeoCons. It's gonna be a long tough battle but the impending collapse of the dollar and the crashing economy will all play into the hands of Ron Paul. The worse the economic sistuation becomes, the more likely people are to see the light. The recent 0.75% base rate cut is the best indication yet that the fuel tank and the ammunition boxes are EMPTY. They have nothing left to fight the collapsing economy except further monetary debasement. Disaster isn't far away and I would urge all American people to prepare themselves for what's ahead. It's gonna get very very ugly.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 12:05 PM

We've had polls on Moneybombs. We've had polls on media blackouts. Why don't you create a poll about this and let everyone cast a vote on it.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you, Mattsa, for a realistic asessment from the U.K. I'm here in a red state, and I still don't see how (no offense) your opinion will ever sway any rednecks.

Hopefully, your British sobriety and realism will encourage RonRules to think this through a little more.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 12:09 PM
"
However, there are a small but growing number of people who are very anti-Europe and Ron Paul's message would play quite well to them."

That's all you need. Fill up a small hotel room with cheering Brits and record it.

There is support for Ron Paul in Europe. My son just spent 6 months there and Ron Paul is known among college kids there, just like here.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Ron Paul would have a tough job selling his message in the UK

The media here is largely owned by Murdoch, including The Times. There is virtually no mention of Ron Paul in the editorial content of any of our newspapers.

However, there are a small but growing number of people who are very anti-Europe and Ron Paul's message would play quite well to them.

The UK has been a socialist state for 70 years now. That means there are very few people alive who have experienced life under anything other than the welfare state. The education system is diabolical and the media is complicit in the destruction of the UK's independence. The BBC, for example, is now just subtle propaganda for NuLabour and ever more stifling control of the people.

The most conservative Newspaper in the UK is now The Telegraph. It's the only serious newspaper left that dares to attack NuLabour and further integration into the United Socialist State of Europe.

I've just spent a month in the USA and I must warn you that your country is being hijacked in the same subtle and underhand way and freedom and liberty will not survive in the US unless the rot is stopped quickly. The NeoCons are a cancer that needs to be cut out immediately. There is very little time left before the spread is complete. The Ron Paul movement has suffered some setbacks recently and support seems to have died away somewhat but I have confidence that the support will return as the other candidates' campaigns run out of money.

Just keep the support going and keep the heat on the NeoCons. It's gonna be a long tough battle but the impending collapse of the dollar and the crashing economy will all play into the hands of Ron Paul. The worse the economic sistuation becomes, the more likely people are to see the light. The recent 0.75% base rate cut is the best indication yet that the fuel tank and the ammunition boxes are EMPTY. They have nothing left to fight the collapsing economy except further monetary debasement. Disaster isn't far away and I would urge all American people to prepare themselves for what's ahead. It's gonna get very very ugly.

You seem like a reasonable European, exactly the type of person I'd like to see at a European rally.

What do you suggest we do to get more media attention here and worldwide?

misericordia
01-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Pull a Gandhi, have a sit down rally somewhere warm, lots of people, wear duct tape over your mouths with "Ron Paul media blackout" or "vote rigging", or "we the people" or...?
Keep it super peaceful, and legal.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
"Why don't you create a poll about this and let everyone cast a vote on it."

I'll collect some more suggestions for 2-3 days and we'll poll it. Good idea.

Mattsa
01-23-2008, 01:04 PM
You seem like a reasonable European, exactly the type of person I'd like to see at a European rally.

What do you suggest we do to get more media attention here and worldwide?

Good question

Forget about getting any attention in the MSM. It's totally owned

It will have to be internet based, it will require some clever marketing and advertising to get people to visit it.

A good example of the failure to challange the status quo is UKIP, (United Kingdom Independence Party) They've been around for over 10 years but they have been totally marginalised by the MSM. They could and should have used the internet to bypass the media but they have failed miserably to do so.

I'm going to develop some ideas once I return to the UK but right now, we need someone with some financial muscle to get involved. I have the contact details for John Mappen, the Cornwall based media entrepreneur who supports Ron Paul so I will arrange to meet him soon and see if we can get something together.

The one big thing in our favour is the state of the UK economy. We are in even worse shape than the USA but we're about 1 year behind in the cycle. 2008 is going to be a very shitty year for homeowners and people in debt........which is just about everyone....!!

There'll be plenty of people ready to jump on the bandwagon

Someone once said the British are ony a few hot meals away from revolution. The anger and resentment and the feeling of powerlessness to change anything is palpable. So we will have to tap into that.

A very good website to visit is www.housepricecrash.co.uk. A lot of people who post on the forum there KNOW damn well the UK economy is fucked and our democracy is a charade. It's worth a visit! There are definitely people out there who understand how the UK is run and they aren't happy about it!

DirtMcGirt
01-23-2008, 01:07 PM
international relations... i like it...

Grandson of Liberty
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
"Why don't you create a poll about this and let everyone cast a vote on it."

I'll collect some more suggestions for 2-3 days and we'll poll it. Good idea.

Please make sure you include "BIG FAT NO" as an option. :cool:

RonRules
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Good question

I'm going to develop some ideas once I return to the UK but right now, we need someone with some financial muscle to get involved. I have the contact details for John Mappen, the Cornwall based media entrepreneur who supports Ron Paul so I will arrange to meet him soon and see if we can get something together.

The one big thing in our favour is the state of the UK economy. We are in even worse shape than the USA but we're about 1 year behind in the cycle. 2008 is going to be a very shitty year for homeowners and people in debt........which is just about everyone....!!

There'll be plenty of people ready to jump on the bandwagon

I thank you on the behalf of all Americans for any efforts you do towards helping Ron Paul spread his message.

PM me or post here further ideas/strategies.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Check out this International Debt Thermometer:

If Ron Paul were to ever show that to an excited European crowd you'd have MASSIVE support on our side. France and Germany have a higher national debt than the US. Look at Japan!

http://www.optimist123.com/optimist/2006/03/mar_2006_intern.html

I suspect that Ron Paul's true intentions is to spread his message. Let's help him spread it world wide. It won't cost a dime more than what he's spending now and the publicity spillover will be HUGE.

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
i don't think campaigning in a foreign country would be the most effective way to appeal to people that want America's sovereignty back. For the most part, when i talk to people with this at the top of their own personal issues, most of them think we should stay out of the affairs of other nations and that they shouldn't have a say in how our country is made. While i understand that some americans live overseas, the majority of us live here... Dr. Paul has a very limited amount of time, so much so that he was unable to come to Michigan, for example, in the weeks before the primary. Being that he was campaigning in another state to try and get votes, we all understood and didn't have much of a problem with that decision. However, i believe , as well as other Michigan supporters do, that we would have been a little perturbed if the reason he couldn't visit was because he was "campaigning" in some European country.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 02:03 PM
"Dr. Paul has a very limited amount of time,"

What's better: A 200'th rally in xxx town USA or 1 rally in London and 1 rally in Munich? The extra town in the US would give a 0.1% boost. A European rally, with appropriate speeches FOR AMERICANS, and ensuing media attention would get us a 5% boost.

Remember the purpose if this action: It's primarily to get free media attention, not to change the mind of Europeans. We just want American and European supporters to come to the speech, have a good time, wave some signs and be in the media.

It's also a good opportunity for Ron Paul to meet with European leaders, well before any of the other candidates have a chance.

After Super Tuesday, we have plenty of time and resources to do that. But the planning has to start very soon.

Any Europeans reading this forum agree?

RonRules
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Maybe Ron Paul could show better international diplomacy that McCain !

http://dailywebb.com/?p=303

We now have ANOTHER American idiot.

Mattsa
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
"Dr. Paul has a very limited amount of time,"

What's better: A 200'th rally in xxx town USA or 1 rally in London and 1 rally in Munich? The extra town in the US would give a 0.1% boost. A European rally, with appropriate speeches FOR AMERICANS, and ensuing media attention would get us a 5% boost.

Remember the purpose if this action: It's primarily to get free media attention, not to change the mind of Europeans. We just want American and European supporters to come to the speech, have a good time, wave some signs and be in the media.

It's also a good opportunity for Ron Paul to meet with European leaders, well before any of the other candidates have a chance.

After Super Tuesday, we have plenty of time and resources to do that. But the planning has to start very soon.

Any Europeans reading this forum agree?

Not really.....at least not yet.

There isn't enough support in Europe for it to get any attention and the media will stifle the story anyway.

The thing to do right now is concentrate on the US campaign. If Huckabee and Giuliani go bust and RP can keep enough cash coming in to sustain the campaign, that will put RP in a stronger position.

Concentrate on strengthening Ron Paul's support here first. Europe can wait till later.

RonRules
01-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Good question

Forget about getting any attention in the MSM. It's totally owned

It will have to be internet based, it will require some clever marketing and advertising to get people to visit it.

We already OWN the internet and it's not appreciably moving the results. Except for Nevada, which is a very libertarian state (that we should have won), the results are going down (10%, 8%, 6%, 4%). It indicates that the internet conduit of information is maxed out. The same people are in the forums, day after day and no new people are converted. Still people ask me Who is Ron Paul?

We need TV media, magazines and newspapers. That takes money (lots of money) to buy ads if you don't get free publicity or STUNTS that can't be ignored.

The blimp is a stunt and got a fair bit of coverage in local stations where it traveled. Local coverage only gets a few local votes.

Sending a presidential contender to Europe is a bit of a stunt (which is why there is some reticence), but the cost is trivial and with the right speeches and venues, there is no downside. Remember, this is for AMERICAN consumption.

A European trip will get coverage worldwide and decent national coverage.

L.A.mama
02-01-2008, 09:10 AM
The poster who pointed out America being arrogant and it maybe backfiring may be right. But the msm has done such thorough job of diving Americans and Europeans, if Ron Paul & his managers could pull it off in such a way that the people of the various regions were able to communicate peace with one another, it would be a success.

That's the whole idea -that the elite are set on shutting down the planet and that the people like never before need one another...

If anyone could pull it off with humility and in a peaceable manner, it would be Dr. Ron Paul.

And contrary to popular belief, the BBC for instance tends to be much less censored than the American press for some reason??? If you listen to GCNlive.com you can hear some great, short news reports that "sound" like they're imported and are full of way more meat than the empty propaganda shows in the U.S.