PDA

View Full Version : Throw out your TV day !

RonRules
01-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Here's something simple and fun. The moneybombs are good, but we also need to have fun and have more symbolic events. The Tea Party 07 was symbolic and it worked.

Instead of throwing tea boxes in the harbor, wouldn't it make more sense to take those old CRT tv's and have a TV smashing party? Just as the colonies got rid of control from England, we need to get rid of Main Stream Media and the best way would be to smash our old CRT TV's.

Many of us have old TV's that have been replaced with flat screen monitors and no longer need them. There are thousands sitting in your basements and garages.

Letterman did this on his TV show for years and presumably people liked it.

Imagine a couple of hundred people with TV's painted with FOX / ABC / CBS logos all getting thrown out of a building into a parking lot. But, it needs to be done without littering with a clean up afterwards and we could throw the TV into a dump truck from a high building.

Bring a slow motion camera: Imagine the beauty of a large old rear projection TV painted in FOX colors as it free falls into a dump truck.

You really don't need to keep that old TV or any kind of TV actually. Personally, I've been on the internet since way back in 1989 with compuserve. I don't have cable and hardly ever watch TV. You will find that homes without TV's have much smarter kids that read and write well.

I suggest Feb. 4, right before Super Tuesday.

Please reply with refinements to this idea and possible venues. My main rule is: No littering !

DAFTEK
01-23-2008, 09:21 AM
lol Great idea but i don't own an old TV anymore :D

RonRules
01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Come'on don't any of you have old TV's you'd like to smash?

Matt Collins
01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
as soon as the campaign is over I'm getting red of my cable