PDA

View Full Version : District 5... picked up a few, looks like... not a majority though

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 08:52 AM
So far with the unconfirmed results, no provisionals counted, 4 RP leaning people (officially and technically uncommitted) got the nod, including myself. 4/15. Unless we get more than 20 provisionals, the best we can do is 5 or 6 of 15.

Here's my take on the "pro-life/pro-family" slate. People weren't voting for them BECAUSE of the platform. People voted for them because of the people on the slate. Looks to me like they took the most-well known names of a few slates and put them all on one. I saw numerous people coming in and telling that guy they were here to vote for "sally" or "johnny" and he would hand them that slate and say. "here, vote this whole slate..."

Simply put, in the 5th district, so far.... they just turned out more votes than we did.

The head national guy is going to Baton Rouge today to watch the counting of the provisionals...

And on the unofficial slate, we had delegates number 16-20, so here's hoping for like 30 provisionals to come our way.

szczebrzeszyn
01-23-2008, 08:56 AM
fingers crossed...

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 09:01 AM
So Pro-Life won the caucus.
We lost to an activist position?
Is it just a front for 3 candidates combining their delegates and votes to win the election? If so, are they dividing the 3 delegates in each district, one for each candidate??
That is fucked up.
They didn't have the votes as individual candidates, so they combined their votes to win collectively over the top candidate, and then divide the plunder. Almost seems illegal.

literatim
01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Is it just a front for 3 candidates combining their delegates and votes to win the election? If so, are they dividing the 3 delegates in each district, one for each candidate??
That is fucked up.
They didn't have the votes as individual candidates, so they combined their votes to win collectively over the top candidate, and then divide the plunder. Almost seems illegal.

Is it illegal? If taken to court, can it be nulled?

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Ok, I got an email that said this:

Someone went on Walton & Johnson, a former Thompson supporter, an said that we had 38 of the 41 delegates...really made my morning. I am looking forward to the reality of it though, dont like misinforming people.

Lori called me from work, said at work they were congratulating her for Ron Paul's victory. They heard it on the radio.

Are we getting press about winning this state? Did they count the provisionals? All the friends I brought in.. had to vote provisional. That's another +4 you can add to our slate. which would move up almost 4 of our people.

FreeTraveler
01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Dig into this and I'm guessing it is illegal... apparently LAGOP was involved in the project, which means they deliberately screwed one of their candidates by forming a coalition amongst the delegates for the others.

If it's not illegal, it's certainly unethical. They effectively stole these votes, since many of the delegates ARE NOT UNCOMMITTED AS THEY CLAIM, but support candidates who are neither pro-life nor pro-family.

Fraud is force and can no longer be allowed to pass since it is "non-violent" theft.

Do not talk about the Fight Club.

That is fucked up.

szczebrzeszyn
01-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Lori called me from work, said at work they were congratulating her for Ron Paul's victory. They heard it on the radio.

Uhh... Plenty of contradicting news coming out today... I think I'll wait a bit more before celebrating.. :)

Sarge
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
torchbearer,

I hope you are right. Thank you for all your efforts along with all on the ground there. Sorry about those, who have been complaining before hearing the official results.

I am still trying to understand how they can just show up and create a slate on the spot if that is what happened. I thought they had to have that done prior to caucus.

szczebrzeszyn
01-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Sorry about those, who have been complaining before hearing the official results.

Please report stupid negativity posts... (I've already seen a few today as well - reported)

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 09:19 AM
What they did I don't think is illegal because we didn't have to turn in slates AND everyone is technically uncommitted.

They out strategized us.

And it isn't the campaign's fault. God, why does everyone try to blame them for everything. We *did* have a great person over there countering what they were selling.

Like I said, I personally witnessed people coming in and asking where to vote for they guy, who was on the PL/PF slate. People didn't vote for the slate because of the platform, the people ON the slate turned out more voters than we did.

Like the GOP guy said, 650 ballots were provisional. We could pick up more than 4, but looking at the numbers, I don't think we'll pick up more than 2, for 6 total. We'd have to get about 50 provisionals to make some major moving on the list. I doubt we had that many total provisionals in the 5th district.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to be realistic.

The national guy said, "it looks good in the 1st and 5th districts".

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 09:23 AM
We had 70 provisionals.

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Ifwe pickup 1 and 5 we may actually take louisiana with a plurality depending on how the other candidates divide the "pro-life" delegates.

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
We had 70 provisionals? At our caucus, or D5 total? That would be great news.

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 09:32 AM
If this is the case, it is the fault of the Campaign by not having people there handing out material to combat those people...

If Huck did this, than props to their campaign by knowing how to win a state... PERIOD.

If this is all the case... Then Another Failure by the campaign.

Well, when you have CFR brass helping your campaign out, odds are you'll be let in on some tricky ways to pull out wins.

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 09:33 AM
It's on the excel spread sheets at the bottom. there is a row labeled "P".
Like I said, everyone I brought in.. had to vote provisional. they were new republicans.

GoDrNo
01-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Damn, this roller coaster ride waiting for news out of LA is killin me. No matter which way this all turns out down there I just want to say:

"Thank you for all your hard work and commitment down there, it sounds like you all worked your butts off"

TonySutton
01-23-2008, 09:38 AM
If the voters of LA hear about this will they be upset enough to vote for a candidate who does not walk lock step with the party insiders? ie Ron Paul

Will the ones voting for PLPF be upset they were hoodwinked?

This may be an opportunity.

LibertyEagle
01-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Are provisionals counted? If so, when?

werdd
01-23-2008, 10:00 AM
From my understanding we are going to take the majority no matter what, its just not going to be ron paul take all like we were hoping, unless the provisionals pull through.

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Looking at the numbers for district 5, we had 70 provisionals.

Suppose we add +50 to all RP people and none to any others....

Then D5 has a total of 6 people... still not the majority when it comes to voting.

If we get 60 provisionals, we get a total of 8 for the majority.

So we NEED 60 of the 70 provisionals in district 5 to win the majority.