PDA

View Full Version : READ MEET UP 210 and try winning LA heres the email

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 08:46 AM
On Tuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicans caucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending the caucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates to represent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and then reported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of the thousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

Before these provisional ballots are counted, LAGOP staff must verify that the voter was a registered Republican voter in his or her congressional district as of November 30, 2007. The counting of provisional ballots in the 3rd and 7th Congressional districts is not needed to verify the results as the margin of victory for all winning candidates is larger than the number of provisional ballots casts. For the other five Congressional districts, Republican Party staff members will begin the process of verifying the results through each parish's registrar of voter's office. Once that process is complete, the Secretary of the Republican of Louisiana will certify the official results.

Prior to the tabulation of the provisional ballots, the uncommitted "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" slate appears to have won a majority of delegates in all seven congressional districts.

All candidates who ran for alternate delegate in the the 2nd, 3rd and 4th congressional districts won after qualifying as there were 15 or fewer candidates for those positions. The attached files contain the unofficial results broken down by district and position. The P column shows the number of provisional ballots cast.

if that doesnt work for you ,then im sorry DO YOU GET IT YET WE LOST BY others lying to voters

UtahApocalypse
01-23-2008, 08:49 AM
The provisional ballots have not been counted yet. It's not the end of the world.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 08:55 AM
they are not undecided,what part of that did you miss all over this forum

UtahApocalypse
01-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Have you interviewed EVERY one of the voters? Have you looked at their voting history? Do you have ANY facts whatsoever?? NO!! So STFU and move on.

mortepa
01-23-2008, 09:04 AM
So essentially to sum it up...

Huck, Thompson, and others combined their delagates into the "pro life/family" group and unfairly took the majority of Delagates. Flyers to advertize was paid for by the LAGOP.

So it became Ron Paul vs a group of candidates...hardly seems fair to me.

If Combining delagates to run under a seperate slate were an option that was on the table, we should have used this in NV to defeat Mitt.

Totally ridiculous rule in my opinion...and this needs action now.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
lets make this simple for anyone that doesnt understand

THE PRO LIFE/FAMILY GROUP is huckabee/rudy and decided,they are not undecided ,THEY LIED TO LA VOTERS ,so WE LOST TO THEM .
THERE ARE NO PRO RON PAUL DELEGATES IN THE PRO FAMILY/LIFE GROUP they are rudy/huckabee so we lost this caucus and if you think it wil lchange in feb 9th?? then your dreaming. hopefully this clarifys why im so pissed THE VOTERS OF LA WERE LIED TO and from emails coming from the LA GOP
RON PAUL DIDNT NOT WIN WE DIDNT GET 1ST thats the point
so i guess huckabee and rudys plan worked becasue this point has gone over everyones head here in this forums

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
So essentially to sum it up...

Huck, Thompson, and others combined their delagates into the "pro life/family" group and unfairly took the majority of Delagates. Flyers to advertize was paid for by the LAGOP.

If Combining delagates to run under a seperate slate were an option that was on the table, we should have used this in NV to defeat Mitt.

Totally ridiculous rule in my opinion...and this needs action now.

maybe they can understand now [edit/forum guidelilnes]

Redcard
This is why being antagonistic to the other candidates is a losing strategy. This is why screaming and throwing snowballs at Sean Hannity is a losing strategy. This is why letting 9/11 Truthers and NeoNazis and Racists tag along as though they are part of the campaign is a losing strategy.

We got beat soundly in Louisiana because the others played along together, and we did not. We tried to game the system, and we got gamed ourselves.

Now, from what I heard, the Louisiana crew worked their butts off, and I'm sorry this went down this way.. but we need to start focusing on being professional, instead of being antagonistic.

People run around talking about the MSM and how it's hurting us. Our unwillingness to play along and play nice with others is ruining us.

*sighs*

UtahApocalypse
Proof?

freelance
01-23-2008, 09:09 AM

Looks like the entire GOP machinery was behind this.

P.S. SB, we get it already. Politics is a dirty business, always has been.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 09:10 AM
NEWS JUST SAID MCCAIN WON LA wow too funny ,but gets me more pissed

torchbearer
Ok, I got an email that said this:

Someone went on Walton & Johnson, a former Thompson supporter, an said that we had 38 of the 41 delegates...really made my morning. I am looking forward to the reality of it though, dont like misinforming people.

Lori called me from work, said at work they were congratulating her for Ron Paul's victory. They heard it on the radio.

Are we getting press about winning this state? Did they count the provisionals? All the friends I brought in.. had to vote provisional. That's another +4 you can add to our slate. which would move up almost 4 of our people.

speciallyblend
Proof?

On Tuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicans caucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending the caucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates to represent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and then reported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of the thousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

Before these provisional ballots are counted, LAGOP staff must verify that the voter was a registered Republican voter in his or her congressional district as of November 30, 2007. The counting of provisional ballots in the 3rd and 7th Congressional districts is not needed to verify the results as the margin of victory for all winning candidates is larger than the number of provisional ballots casts. For the other five Congressional districts, Republican Party staff members will begin the process of verifying the results through each parish's registrar of voter's office. Once that process is complete, the Secretary of the Republican of Louisiana will certify the official results.

Prior to the tabulation of the provisional ballots, the uncommitted "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" slate appears to have won a majority of delegates in all seven congressional districts.

All candidates who ran for alternate delegate in the the 2nd, 3rd and 4th congressional districts won after qualifying as there were 15 or fewer candidates for those positions. The attached files contain the unofficial results broken down by district and position. The P column shows the number of provisional ballots cast.

and go to meetup 210 and lagop site geez i thought you wrre on top of this LA CAUCUS

mcgraw_wv
01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Well another failure from the Campaign...
If the trick worked...

UtahApocalypse
01-23-2008, 09:13 AM

and go to meetup 210 and lagop site geez i thought you wrre on top of this LA CAUCUS

Yeah, I have read that already. No where does it mention ANY candidates. So again I ask.... Proof? That these are for a certain Candidate?

mosquitobite
01-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Well another failure from the Campaign...
If the trick worked...

I have to agree. The campaign knows they're running within the establishment AGAINST the establishment. Many of us are new to the political machine and couldn't possibly know how to prepare for something like this. Dr Paul though, has had to deal with this for most of his years in Congress.

The campaign, if they knew this scenario was a possibility, should have worked with the grassroots to prepare for it. Otherwise, our hard work is squandered and we get demoralized.

We NEED someone that has the insight about the machine, and that someone needs to make sure the people on the ground are PREPARED for it. Period.

It's frustrating.

spiteface
01-23-2008, 09:17 AM
If anyone is interested in what happened go to the LA subforum. They are discussing it there and you can find out five seconds without having to read unintelligible ramblings.

Redcard
01-23-2008, 09:20 AM
One thing I find confusing and interesting..

Is that everyone talks about how the election is rigged and all that.. yet , the only ones trying to pull "Tricks" like "sneaking delegates to the other side" or "shadow delegates in a brokered convention" .. or saying things like "THe popular vote doesn't matter" are us.

If you want to win this election, get more people to vote for your guy than not.

Don't play games. Don't try "Tricks." Get more people to vote for your guy.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 09:45 AM
well its disgusting, and sorry for my grammar but some responding to my post are clueless or just dont care what just happened in LA ,we just got screwed and we didnt win no matter how you look at it, they the gop mislead voters and did this on purpose.

Grandson of Liberty
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure I understand. Maybe you should start another thread about it.

LibertyEagle
01-23-2008, 10:00 AM
This is why being antagonistic to the other candidates is a losing strategy. This is why screaming and throwing snowballs at Sean Hannity is a losing strategy. This is why letting 9/11 Truthers and NeoNazis and Racists tag along as though they are part of the campaign is a losing strategy.

We got beat soundly in Louisiana because the others played along together, and we did not. We tried to game the system, and we got gamed ourselves.

Now, from what I heard, the Louisiana crew worked their butts off, and I'm sorry this went down this way.. but we need to start focusing on being professional, instead of being antagonistic.

People run around talking about the MSM and how it's hurting us. Our unwillingness to play along and play nice with others is ruining us.

*sighs*

Hallelujah!!

Ninja Homer
01-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm really confused and it angers me. There's this "pro-life/pro-family" thing, but it doesn't really matter yet because there are still 650 provisional ballots left to count, most of which are for Ron Paul, so we won't have the official results until tonight. So I don't really know why I'm angry, but I want everybody to be angry with me. Won't you please, please, join me in my anger? </sarcasm> :rolleyes:

Hang tight for a bit, speciallyblend. We'll know later tonight if there's really something to be angry about. For now, read this thread, and there may actually be something we can do about it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=98497

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM
ninja homer you dont have to wait until tonight the email has been sent the pro life/family won,did you miss the email and several post by others
try going to meetup210 i think the answer is already given On Tuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicans caucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending the caucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates to represent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and then reported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of the thousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

what part of this email from lagop do people not understand

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-23-2008, 10:07 AM

*sighs*

Please enlighten us on how we could have performed better in LA by playing along and playing nice.

You think the GOP will take us innocent and tender RP fans under its wing because we'd have been so nice and cute and bubbly?

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
this email is from the lagop,so im not sure what part people dont understand ???

szczebrzeszyn
01-23-2008, 10:10 AM
- Make a succinct, informational subject line that sums up the thread
- Proofread your posts. While you may not care about spelling and grammar and sentence structure, other people do. We're unable to comprehend the message you are trying to convey when it's scrambled, hurried and riddled with more than a few errors.
- Make sure not to omit the substance of your message. If you are referring to a thread or email, link to the thread, or copy the body of the email into your message. We don't know what you're talking about without this crucial information.

I would add 1 more:
- don't spam people with your "FU" PMs. Thanks.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 10:11 AM
everyone better hope the 650 votes sends us over the top,but if thats your hope then believe the unoffical email from lagop, they said the PRO FAIMLY/LIFE WON ,i highly doubt the 650 votes will turn the 10,000total around

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 10:13 AM

i highly doubt the 650 votes is gonna change the outcome, of 10,000 voters if it does ill eat crow,but thats like saying the recount in NH would make ron paul win,it didnt

TexMac
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM

if that doesnt work for you ,then im sorry DO YOU GET IT YET WE LOST BY others lying to voters

Might want to get busy figuring out how they're going to screw us in Colorado caucuses.

mosquitobite
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Might want to get busy figuring out how they're going to screw us in Colorado caucuses.

Read the link in my signature about caucuses.

The information is out there and we have GOT to learn how to use it!!!

mosquitobite
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
- If you say you're for RP in your speech, you'll get selected by other RP fans, but won't be selected by non-RP fans. If you say you're unsure in your speech, then you may pick-up non-RP votes, but at the risk of missing-out on RP votes. Also, there is no guarantee that there aren't hucksters, er, fake reps looking to take away RP votes, only to later support another candidate. This may be mitigated if all RP supporters know who is for RP, but other's don't (just conjecture on my part). In other words, it a game of organizing ourselves while confusing our opponents.

- Knowing the names of RP's delegates for your district before attending the Caucus seems best to avoid confusion. Not sure where to get this info, but your local RP rep office or meetup.com site probably has a list.

Ninja Homer
01-23-2008, 10:17 AM
ninja homer you dont have to wait until tonight the email has been sent the pro life/family won,did you miss the email and several post by others
try going to meetup210 i think the answer is already given On Tuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicans caucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending the caucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates to represent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and then reported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of the thousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

what part of this email from lagop do people not understand

Thanks, that's the first time I've seen this. In retrospect, a lot of confusion could have been saved if you included this in your first post about it.

colin1
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Please enlighten us on how we could have performed better in LA by playing along and playing nice.

You think the GOP will take us innocent and tender RP fans under its wing because we'd have been so nice and cute and bubbly?

+1

Exactly. I'm sure if the RP supporters had been chanting "Sean, Sean, Sean!" we would have gotten more "fair and balanced" coverage. :rolleyes:

mokkan88
01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
This is enough to make me want to beat the shit out of someone. There has got to be something illegal with this.

First of all, Giuliani is NOT pro-choice, so labeling him pro-choice is misinformation. Second, how the fuck does the LAGOP get away with paying for and essentially endorsing a candidate in their own election?

The soap box and the ballot box aren't working. If the jury box isn't going to be an option, tell me.

Above post edited . Following famous quote added:

"Four Boxes Keep Us Free: Soap. Ballot. Jury. Ammo."

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 10:35 AM

sad part is our caucus is now a preference poll thats all it is,we write ron pauls nameon a paper votes are totalled and then later on,delegates are suppose to vote for the winner ,but from my understanding they are not obligated??? its NEW so its not a caucus now its a preference poll,so in my words
i have my ky jelly ready so it wont hurt much:(

i think they already have planned to screw us in colorado the whole system stinks here,if someone can claify this better please do,but this is what i heard in the republican meeting in my county
so be prepared to be screwed in colorado

xerxesdarius
01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
The counting of provisional ballots in the 3rd and 7th Congressional districts is not needed to verify the results as the margin of victory for all winning candidates is larger than the number of provisional ballots casts. For the other five Congressional districts, Republican Party staff members will begin the process of verifying the results through each parish's registrar of voter's office. Once that process is complete, the Secretary of the Republican of Louisiana will certify the official results.

SB, I have highlighted the part of the letter that says that the margin of victory was NOT SO LARGE AS TO PREVENT A DIFFERENT RESULT IF THE PROVISIONAL BALLOTS ARE INCLUDED (except for 3rd and 7th, apparently). I would read that to mean that we stand to do well, unless there is fraud with the provisional ballots.

lupester
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

sidsquidrick
01-23-2008, 11:24 AM

*sighs*

wisdom