PDA

View Full Version : Paul fifth, 7%

Bradley in DC
01-23-2008, 08:23 AM
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1299.xml?ReleaseID=1135

The latest Quinnipiac poll in New Jersey offers more evidence that Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaign is in total free fall. After leading Republicans in the Garden State for the last year, Sen. John McCain has now overtaken Giuliani and leads 29% to 26%, followed by Mitt Romney at 14% and Mike Huckabee at 9%.

Said pollster Clay Richards: “Mayor Giuliani is fighting for his political life in New Jersey and Sen. McCain could deny him victory in one of the Mayor’s must win states."

randomname
01-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Notice Paul polls the 10% among men, just like huckabee. only 3% among women though :(

Bradley in DC
01-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Notice Paul polls the 10% among men, just like huckabee. only 3% among women though :(

Good observation. Can we change that there? Run ads in women's magazines or something?

randomname
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
This is a nationwide problem, not just NJ, just look at the exit polls for NH, NV, IA, SC elections.

My guess is that a lot of women decide for a candidate on gut feeling and vote for someone who makes them feel good/feel safe. I think that Paul needs to dramatically change how he comes across and how he communicates to start to appeal to women.

VoluntaryMan
01-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Good observation. Can we change that there? Run ads in women's magazines or something?

Maybe, to a woman, an Ob/Gyn is like a dentist? I know my wife dreads going.

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 01:36 PM

God, if that's how they're deciding to vote then we have way bigger problems than we even know.

acroso
01-23-2008, 01:44 PM
We need Huck's and Fred's voters...please leave the race now
Huck

liberteebell
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
This is a nationwide problem, not just NJ, just look at the exit polls for NH, NV, IA, SC elections.

My guess is that a lot of women decide for a candidate on gut feeling and vote for someone who makes them feel good/feel safe. I think that Paul needs to dramatically change how he comes across and how he communicates to start to appeal to women.

I'm female and I think that's a pretty accurate analysis. Many women have been sooooooooo brainwashed by teevee, you know, the oprah syndrome. Unfortunately, it's often just a case of being misinformed.

I have personally turned many women by just calmly explaining what liberty means in terms of whatever issue is important to them. However, it's often very tough getting through to collectivist thinkers and nanny-state lovers. And one of the biggest objections I've run into, primarily with women is that if he's an R, forget it. Abortion is another one.

This is why talking to women one-on-one is so important.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1299.xml?ReleaseID=1135

The latest Quinnipiac poll in New Jersey offers more evidence that Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaign is in total free fall. After leading Republicans in the Garden State for the last year, Sen. John McCain has now overtaken Giuliani and leads 29% to 26%, followed by Mitt Romney at 14% and Mike Huckabee at 9%.

Said pollster Clay Richards: “Mayor Giuliani is fighting for his political life in New Jersey and Sen. McCain could deny him victory in one of the Mayor’s must win states."

That's what he gets for calling us New York City's parking lot :D

tommyzDad
01-29-2008, 12:50 PM
My guess is that a lot of women decide for a candidate on gut feeling and vote for someone who makes them feel good/feel safe.

I'll say it again, Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony are rolling in their graves. :mad: To hell with putting any actual thought into the decision, eh?

Gadsden Flag
01-29-2008, 10:50 PM
This sounds like a great way to us single Ron Paul supporters to meet women! :P

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM

You might be on to something...

Maybe women associate the pain of childbirth with Ron Paul, M.D. :eek:

thehighwaymanq
01-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Well, Guiliani's 26% is gone, the doc has a lot of room to increase.