PDA

View Full Version : How did ron paul do in Louisanna?

Give me liberty
01-23-2008, 08:07 AM
I hear rumors here that ron owned that state is that true?

when will results be known if any

LibertyEagle
01-23-2008, 08:10 AM
You may want to look in the "Winning Louisiana" subforum.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

JMO
01-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Results will be known Feb 9th because that is when the delegates vote.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 08:22 AM
doesnt sound good ,no matter how people here candycoat it, if you expect the gop to change their tactics then we are being deaf dumb and blind ,let the gop die,if we get screwed by the democrats,at least we can enjoy watching the gop die

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Results will be known Feb 9th because that is when the delegates vote.

take your blinders off please,what has happened is we got screwed by unethical supporters of other candidates ,THAT LIED TO VOTERS in the pro life/family crap aka unethical liars for saying they are undecided LIARS FLATOUT LIARS
but if you choose to lie to yourself and want to wait for feb 9th then good luck

JMO
01-23-2008, 08:30 AM
take your blinders off please,what has happened is we got screwed by unethical supporters of other candidates ,THAT LIED TO VOTERS in the pro life/family crap aka unethical liars for saying they are undecided LIARS FLATOUT LIARS
but if you choose to lie to yourself and want to wait for feb 9th then good luck

What does that have to do with blinders. What I said is accurate, results will not be known until Feb 5th.

bradens4ronpaul
01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
This is how our primary works (i live here in the 7th district) it is a non-binding one. meaning, that after the caucus (which the establishment won, with "unannounced" delegates) all delegates are able to vote for who ever they want to on the floor, as long as no candidate gets over 50% in the primary.
We tried, we tried. Many many many many dollars and hours were spend canvassing, sign waving, phone banking and talking to co-workers and friends, but the establishment knew what we were doing, and designed a "pro-life" slate JUST to counter our efforts. This slate was promoted at every church, and they won.
It puts a tear in my beer.

Manganese
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
And when it became clear that the establishment still wouldn't get its way, it was decided that Ron Paul supporters' votes shouldn't count. He can't be allowed to win.

If I'd been to a LA primary and come away with experiences like I've read about on this forum, I'd be ready to start rioting in the streets. It's obvious that the higher ups changed to a closed primary to prevent Ron Paul from winning, and when that didn't work, desperate measures had to be taken. The problem is that they feel completely safe in what they do.

mosquitobite
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
And when it became clear that the establishment still wouldn't get its way, it was decided that Ron Paul supporters' votes shouldn't count. He can't be allowed to win.

If I'd been to a LA primary and come away with experiences like I've read about on this forum, I'd be ready to start rioting in the streets. It's obvious that the higher ups changed to a closed primary to prevent Ron Paul from winning, and when that didn't work, desperate measures had to be taken. The problem is that they feel completely safe in what they do.

Amen!

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 09:19 AM

Because they know the media won't run a story about it.

It'll stay on the down low, and the only one's who will care are us.

Give me liberty
01-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Isnt ron paul pro life? so he could have own.

fmontez
01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
I can't see why a pro-life delegate wouldn't be just as likely to vote RP if they are unattached. Anyway, sounds like we did well in LA, so as long as 1 candidate doens't get more than 50% of the vote we should have some delegates going to National...

dspectre
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I can't see why a pro-life delegate wouldn't be just as likely to vote RP if they are unattached. Anyway, sounds like we did well in LA, so as long as 1 candidate doens't get more than 50% of the vote we should have some delegates going to National...

You really just don't get it?

Liberty
01-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for all the effort the LA Ron Paul supporters put forth. If this Pro-Life slate majority is accurate, it will hurt the republican party in a big way. MSM, pollsters, and the two political parties are being exposed for what they really are and it isn't pretty.