PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Status - Finale in Boca Raton at the debate ..Thanks everyone for your support!

Elijah
01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Ok, we just updated the main page of the site.

Basically it comes down to fly it back to its home on the 25th or keep it funded for 10 more days, through Florida's primary and hit a super Tuesday state or two. Here is a new blimp commercial and a blimp update for everyone linked below. Please spread this around. Let everyone know this is the finale and the last showing will be at the debate in Boca Raton tomorrow night if it does not get funded.

It has been hugely successful either way it goes and I thank everyone for there support with this project! Millions of people have seen this from the ground and it has inspired a ton of Ron Paul supporters and gotten millions in publicity!! Very very successful project that all of you made happen!

This is it folks!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Boj_3PcczCs
http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulblimp/

kaleidoscope eyes
01-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Elijah, thanks for all your hard work!

I'm really pulling for ya, but, it appears as if the blimp has run its course, I'm a bit sad really, was hoping it could go through Feb. 5

Hey, where's that Billionaire when ya need him eh? LOL:rolleyes:

kylejack
01-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Nice to see this leak plugged.

bucfish
01-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Let's Save the Blimp Guys it is awesome and really not having it at least through Super Tuesday would hurt us. The MSM would spin the heck out of it. There are many voters on the fence so let's not lose any momentum or give out any fodder to the MSM to spin.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 10:30 AM
I fear these forums are drying up for funds after this week's moneybomb. If you want to keep it in flight, you'll have to branch out to other forms of advertising to maximize your potential to draw in the most funds.

alexpasch
01-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Great...now is when it's going to be in Boca and I was just there a few days ago... :(

spudea
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks so much Elijah and Trevor!!!

RonRules
01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Does the owner have another customer or will the blimp stay in the hangar?

If I was the owner, I'd get this thing flying till Super Tuesday. He can fly to Norfolk, Richmond and follow highway 95 and 64 all day long. Highway 95 is the main eastern North/South route. Lots and lots of people ride it.

There is no need for a big ground crew running around to follow the blimp, no need to keep the crew in motels, etc. The blimp would come home every night.

The expense should be minimal.

ErikBlack
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I just wanted to say that you guys did a really great job with turning around the website. In the beginning it was a real steaming pile of crap but now its very well done with lots of videos and updates and looks professional. I'm not convinced that the blimp is actually paying off in votes though. It's a novelty item and its cool to see up there, but I don't think people are making their voting decisions based on the blimp. Nonetheless you guys have pulled off an amazing feat with very limited resources in a short period of time and you should be very proud.

newyearsrevolution08
01-23-2008, 10:13 PM
The MSM would spin the heck out of it. There are many voters on the fence so let's not lose any momentum or give out any fodder to the MSM to spin.

How about we stop worrying about how the msm will or will not spin it. We have gotten this far without them so why do so many put so much into what they do?
Seriously people

tamor
01-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks to everyone to helped the blimp fly! Ah, seems like yesterday it was just some "hot air" on the forum ---

fmontez
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I wish I could donate some money! The blimp has been an awesome tool, it's loss will hurt the movement.

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Bump for the Blimp!

gecko42
01-24-2008, 01:13 AM
I wish I could donate some money! The blimp has been an awesome tool, it's loss will hurt the movement.

+1776

Joe Schwartz
01-24-2008, 01:26 AM
What are you planning to do with the banners? Auction them off? Donate them to the Smithsonian?

Mckarnin
01-24-2008, 01:38 AM

Hey, we may be able to ressurect it if the billionaire gives us money...we could run in the spring and even go up north. ;)

noiseordinance
01-24-2008, 01:38 AM
What are you planning to do with the banners? Auction them off? Donate them to the Smithsonian?

No kiddin'! Those banners should make their way to any primary states to be used to the fullest when the blimp goes down.

filmmaker58
01-24-2008, 02:15 AM
We love the blimp, even though normally we're against inflation.

Focus Liberty
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all your efforts Elijah. People like you make this campaign really inspiring.

DirtMcGirt
01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Great Job!!!

RonRules
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Just fly it around it's base in Elizabeth city NC, near hwy 95, the busiest north/south highway on the east coast. The blimb would go back to the hangar every night, no big crew running around chasing it. You can loiter in place near Norfolk and the hwy 95. Very little fuel used to do that.

Shouldn't cost more than 2K a day to operate that way.

Let's make a last push for it. All you need is 24 K to run till Super Tuesday.

smileylovesfreedom
01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I'd like to say thanks to the entire blimp crew for all the hard work that went into this project! :)

I also wish it could stay in the air for many more months but it was a good ride well it lasted :cool:

gecko42
01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Just fly it around it's base in Elizabeth city NC, near hwy 95, the busiest north/south highway on the east coast. The blimb would go back to the hangar every night, no big crew running around chasing it. You can loiter in place near Norfolk and the hwy 95. Very little fuel used to do that.

Shouldn't cost more than 2K a day to operate that way.

Let's make a last push for it. All you need is 24 K to run till Super Tuesday.

I want to thank the blimp team for all your hard work! :)

Since the blimp rents for $350,000+ per month, I'm sure the owner is looking for a new client that would pay more than $6000 per month.

Lucid American
01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
I was skeptical at first, but it really proved its worth and been a fantastic part of the campaign.

I've been thinking recently that it's reached the point of diminishing returns and isn't worth another month, but seeing Carol Paul and her grandson both promoting it has me thinking differently. It would be great to get it through Super Tuesday, but my money has to go directly to the campaign.

Trevor, Elijah, Tarzan and the rest of the team (and all the donors and supporters), you've all done a wonderful job on this -- a tough road but a rewarding road.

angelatc
01-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I wasn't a believer, but I was wrong. I wish I were a billionaire so I could keep the blimp afloat.

newyearsrevolution08
01-26-2008, 01:58 AM
congrats on the effort, now lets fund the official campaign......

get those great minds back and focused on getting donations to ron paul because he needs it more then name recognition right now. He has a campaign that has a strategy BUT no money to make it happen. Prioritize people.......

sell the banners if possible or find a way to use them effectively.....

gecko42
01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Some people can't give more to the campaign because they are maxed out.

RUBICON
01-29-2008, 07:06 PM
This is it folks!

YEAH YEAH YEAH... Now you gotta go get a REAL job!

;-p

Thomas Paine
01-29-2008, 07:46 PM

;-p

QFT!

texasliberty
01-29-2008, 10:56 PM

;-p

You know, that kind of trolling really is disgusting.

Thank you Trevor, Elijah, Katharine, Jerry, and everyone else who put so much time and effort and soul into the project. You did something amazing, something that has never been done before, that no other campaign has been able to achieve, and we (at least those of us who aren't wretched ***holes, or working for the opposition, or wretched ***holes who work for the opposition) are thankful for all you did!

sidsquidrick
01-30-2008, 12:54 AM
You know, that kind of trolling really is disgusting.

Thank you Trevor, Elijah, Katharine, Jerry, and everyone else who put so much time and effort and soul into the project. You did something amazing, something that has never been done before, that no other campaign has been able to achieve, and we (at least those of us who aren't wretched ***holes, or working for the opposition, or wretched ***holes who work for the opposition) are thankful for all you did!

Lol..judging by the ":-P" at the end...he was kidding.

noiseordinance
01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Some people can't give more to the campaign because they are maxed out.

It's impossible to max out. Give money to your friend to donate.

JohnnyWrath
01-30-2008, 03:19 AM
If you would like to sponsor the blimp we would still appreciate it as we still have a balance due to Airship Management Services.

HOW MUCH?

newyearsrevolution08
01-30-2008, 04:06 AM
they can take it from the 2 grand they each made each month that this has been going on....

HOW MUCH?

gecko42
01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Duh, they didn't make any money that's why they are in debt. :rolleyes:

gecko42
01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
It's impossible to max out. Give money to your friend to donate.

Some of us actually obey laws. :rolleyes:

clowns789
01-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I say tell your friend to donate to Ron Paul then accidentally drop 23 $100 bills on the ground and say "I have back problems, so I can't grab them, and I'll probably drop them again anyway, so why don't you just take them and use them how you see fit." :cool:

tamor
01-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped and supported the Blimp. It was a great success getting Ron Paul's name out there and getting some free advertising on the msm. Now, however, I feel the money needs to go to the "on the ground" campaign. Thanks, Elijah, for keeping us informed.